Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14148 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 3:37pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sagamite:

No, it is daft.

Basically, Ferguson, Hiddink and Wenger must not be qualified to be coaches for not winning in their first season.

I have nothing but contempt for moronic statements.
Hey strong arm critic, am just trying to make you see. How many years has Amodu being around? And yet he doesn't have anything decent to show for all his efforts in his cabinet. Keshi took TOGO against all mighty CAMEROUN to the world cup. Sia One has won two silvers in Global Competitions. The only reason he hasn't replaced him (Amodu) yet is cos of his debacle in Egypt which was actually his own doing by taking all left legged stikers to the tournament just for them to name a stadium after him. So you see, I do cherish what we have with regards HB gaffers. What is really unpleasant is for DOOM to be spelt as VICTORY. EVeryone deserves his day in court. HE would surely get his: In about four days time.
And, as a correction, Wenger actually did win something in his first season. So that leaves you with only Sir Alex, who actually was a Cup Winners Cup winner with ABERDEEN. You can check your records. Who won't keep faith with a winner? Even if Wenger wins nothing, just for the way Gunners play, you could keep him. That way you know that pretty soon, all that good football would amount to something. And in club football, you can afford to be patient with the coach. Not so Internationally. Westerhof virtually made his team i.e 1990, 1992, 1994. Do you know that Amokachi scored our only goal against Aleria in a 5-0 opening match drubbing. NAd he was just playing at Ranchers Bees then. I watched the match live. BUt by the final, ALgeria , with the mecurial Belloumi, could only struggle to a 1-0 victory. 99%, if not all the boys were home based. So what do you want to say again? He took the reigns by 1989. By 1990, we are in the final. Who won't work with success? undecided wink
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2010
deb:

@honeric01

Don't mind me jare. This thread had been heated up all along so I did not quite realize that you were just being humorous.
My bad lol cheesy

Apologies

Go and sin no more cool cool cool
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 4:21pm On Jan 08, 2010
honeric01:

thanks u jare.

as for cadiz, na real snow bath they had grin
was that not actually on football manager? lol wink
The Zambia point was well made. Ighalo had a very bad tournament. Just like Toni in Italy, he deserves a second chance. The question is, why was Escobar shot after 1994 error? Cos second chances don't come cheap in international football. As for Amodu, my best wishes grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

The Zambia  point was well made. Ighalo had a very bad tournament. Just like Toni in Italy, he deserves a second chance. The question is, why was Escobar shot after 1994 error? Cos second chances don't come cheap in international football. As for Amodu, my best wishes grin grin grin

So he had a bad U-20 tournament.

He was not even first choice for the U-20 team.

But football "experts" like you feel something is wrong for Amodu not to use him to replace Yakubu, Odemwingie, Martins, Nsofor or Obasi (as I really don't know which one he can replace)?

Amazing thought process.  grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sagamite:

So he had a bad U-20 tournament.

He was not even first choice for the U-20 team.

But football "experts" like you feel something is wrong for Amodu not to use him to replace Yakubu, Odemwingie, Martins, Nsofor or Obasi (as I really don't know which one he can replace)?

Amazing thought process.  grin
I know talk like that ooo. All am sayin is he shouldn't be dumped permanently. Our coach should be able to analyse his team and choose the best form. Sometimes you need a big man (Chelsea with Drogba), sometimes you don't (Barca with Eto'o). Its down to the man on the hot seat, that is if he actually knows what that means. See what Obuh did. Call them grand-fathers, the fact is that over the years those same grand-fathers have been unable to undo their babies. But when you the watch the 09 'men' play, you can't help but remember the good old days of Kanu, Oruma, Babayaro, Anosike, Oparaku, Ojigwe e.t.c. Mind you, Kanu was already playing for Enugu Rangers b4 that 93 tourney. So, if he turned out so well, why not Okoro, or Azeez, or Emmanuel ?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:23pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

I know talk like that ooo. All am sayin is he shouldn't be dumped permanently. Our coach should be able to analyse his team and choose the best form. Sometimes you need a big man (Chelsea with Drogba), sometimes you don't (Barca with Eto'o). Its down to the man on the hot seat, that is if he actually knows what that means.

Can you see the bolded?

Then follow my lead and stop thinking you know better than him. You obviously don't

tkb417:

See what Obuh did. Call them grand-fathers, the fact is that over the years those same grand-fathers have been unable to undo their babies. But when you the watch the 09 'men' play, you can't help but remember the good old days of Kanu, Oruma, Babayaro, Anosike, Oparaku, Ojigwe e.t.c. Mind you, Kanu was already playing for Enugu Rangers b4 that 93 tourney. So, if he turned out so well, why not Okoro, or Azeez, or Emmanuel ?

Don't let me ever see you use this as a point again.

It is as silly as calling for someone that everyone knows scored high marks by taking expo (a whole text book) to the exam hall to go and represent the country in an intellectual contest on international TV.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 5:32pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

The Zambia point was well made. Ighalo had a very bad tournament. Just like Toni in Italy, he deserves a second chance. The question is, why was Escobar shot after 1994 error? Cos second chances don't come cheap in international football. As for Amodu, my best wishes grin grin grin

When Christiantus Macaulay gets his chance, then we can think of Ighalo or are you trying to tell me Ighalo is better than Christiantus?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:14pm On Jan 08, 2010
Ighalo plays for Udinese. Chrisantus could not hold a jersey on the whole Hamburg team. I personally prefer Chrisantus, but we have to look at the facts. Maybe the injuries put him in this state.
@ Sagamite
Ok, Obuh is not Ok. But can you fault that 93 team knowing fully well that they were far more over-aged than the present due to MRI? Check out those German boys especially the black ones. They too look over-aged. grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

@ Sagamite
Ok, Obuh is not Ok. But can you fault that 93 team knowing fully well that they were far more over-aged than the present due to MRI? Check out those German boys especially the black ones. They too look over-aged. grin grin grin

I take it you think Western Europe is like Nigeria?

Even if I was going to let you get away with that, how many of the German players are Black?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Moneyline(m): 6:40pm On Jan 08, 2010
I support u
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:42pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

Ighalo plays for Udinese. Chrisantus could not hold a jersey on the whole Hamburg team. I personally prefer Chrisantus, but we have to look at the facts. Maybe the injuries put him in this state.

Ighalo? Udinese? are u serious? for the youth team abi because i am yet to see him kick one ball at that club, Chrisantus was not able to hold a jersey because olic was there and he was injured playing for Hamburg, maybe now that olic's sold, he might be allowed to come back.

I think he's on loan from Udinese's youth academy to Granada FC of Spain (2nd div)

I thought Granada was a Canadian club before, even with that, Chrisantus is still better than him. Hamburg is one of the best clubs in Germany but Udinese is a mid table club in Italy.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sagamite:

how many of the German players are Black?
Solid players. Cos countries do not allow foreigners play for them unless they add real depth to the team. Check out that U-20 Orangoutang (as per his size) for Germany at korea 07. He was their main striker at both the U-17 in 2007, and U-20 in 2009. Just like we had to keep our own solid players (okoro and co), even after the MRI scandal.You people just like pointing at our bad eggs, looking past theirs. Sha, a win is a win, be it a 'beach ball' win, or a 3 penalty (milan v genoa) win, or a 'save ball that has crossed the line' point (Man U v Spurs-pedro mendes). Thats football. All that matters at the end is the final scoreline grin.
honeric01:

I thought Granada was a Canadian club before, even with that, Chrisantus is still better than him. Hamburg is one of the best clubs in Germany but Udinese is a mid table club in Italy.
Hope for the best for him. I personally saw him as 'Yekini reborn'. Hope he don't let us down. embarassed embarassed embarassed wink
Like I said, not really a fan of Ighalo. But with all the hype surrounding him thot he'd impress. A point man who can deliver is not worthy of the name. How many goals did he create
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:31pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

Solid players. Cos countries do not allow foreigners play for them unless they add real depth to the team. Check out that U-20 Orangoutang (as per his size) for Germany at korea 07. He was their main striker at both the U-17 in 2007, and U-20 in 2009. Just like we had to keep our own solid players (okoro and co), even after the MRI scandal.You people just like pointing at our bad eggs, looking past theirs. Sha, a win is a win, be it a 'beach ball' win, or a 3 penalty (milan v genoa) win, or a 'save ball that has crossed the line' point (Man U v Spurs-pedro mendes). Thats football. All that matters at the end is the final scoreline grin.

Bleep me!!! The quality of brains I have to engage with on NL. undecided

I take it you are talking of Richard Sukuta-Pasu.

Someone that was born in Germany is the one you think is a age cheat?

You think Germany is Nigeria?

You need to travel a bit more before you start postulating such poo.

All that matters is the scoreline even if one team is cheating. undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
Sagamite:

Bleep me!!! The quality of brains I have to engage with on NL. undecided
I take it you are talking of Richard Sukuta-Pasu.
Someone that was born in Germany is the one you think is a age cheat?
You think Germany is Nigeria?
You need to travel a bit more before you start postulating such poo.
All that matters is the scoreline even if one team is cheating. undecided
Sukuta-Pasu. Man U given extra 6 mins against city. who cares? Man U wins. 'Hand of Henry' sends France to the WC. Its football. Naija have age-cheats? Who cares? At least Blatter doesn't. Are you really Nigerian? Cos it seems you are more concerned than FIFA's boss himself. Nigerian football develops as such. African football develops. Cos without these wins, we would think we are always destined to lose. Thats why they let it happen, Though trying to set a margin. Thats why we still think its MI for an African team to win WC. Cos we blacks tend to be defeatist. Check out CIV- Drogba, Kalou-chelsea. Toure y-barca. Toure k-man city. Barry- lokeren. Eboue-Arsenal. Zokora-sevilla. Boka-stuttgart. Kone-marseille. Demel-Hamburg. Keita-Gala. Gervinho-Lille. Dindane-Pompey. Vahid halihodzic. Have you heard that Man U song after their treble: 'ITS ALL ABOUT BELIEVE' highlighting Giggsy's goal against Arsenal in the Fa cup semis. Why do you believe we can't do it? How did Greece beat Portugal twice enroute the trophy in Portugal? With cristiano, figo, simao etc. agaisnt karagounis, charisteas, gekas etc. Simple. Rahaggel v Scolari (world cup winner two years ago). Try harder, you still not catching up.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:07pm On Jan 08, 2010
snakova:

Sukuta-Pasu. Man U given extra 6 mins against city. who cares? Man U wins. 'Hand of Henry' sends France to the WC. Its football. Naija have age-cheats? Who cares? At least Blatter doesn't. Are you really Nigerian? Cos it seems you are more concerned than FIFA's boss himself. Nigerian football develops as such. African football develops. Cos without these wins, we would think we are always destined to lose. Thats why they let it happen, Though trying to set a margin. Thats why we still think its MI for an African team to win WC. Cos we blacks tend to be defeatist. Check out CIV- Drogba, Kalou-chelsea. Toure y-barca. Toure k-man city. Barry- lokeren. Eboue-Arsenal. Zokora-sevilla. Boka-stuttgart. Kone-marseille. Demel-Hamburg. Keita-Gala. Gervinho-Lille. Dindane-Pompey. Vahid halihodzic. Have you heard that Man U song after their treble: 'ITS ALL ABOUT BELIEVE' highlighting Giggsy's goal against Arsenal in the Fa cup semis. Why do you believe we can't do it? How did Greece beat Portugal twice enroute the trophy in Portugal? With cristiano, figo, simao etc. agaisnt karagounis, charisteas, gekas etc. Simple. Rahaggel v Scolari (world cup winner two years ago). Try harder, you still not catching up.

Ah, egba mi to ri olorun!

90% of people on Earth are morons! There thinking level is just poor.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
@ Sagamite
You are truly Nigerian. tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 5:04pm On Jan 10, 2010
snakova:

FILE !

This is an awesome post . . . cheesy

Just believe . .how I wish we could just believe !

I dont think Amodu has much to offer but I believe that Nigeria can win this cup . . .BELIEVE is the operative word here . . .

and best believe I wont be here praising Amodu cos I know the average Nigerian has what it takes to mentally turn things around without the supervision of a superior but rather most times the appaling attitude of our players stink them out of contention before they are even found out . . .

That said, Amodu is not our worst problem, neither is it the NFF (yes, Sagamite u are right on this) but rather THE PLAYERS should at least for once respect their fathers and mothers at home the way the likes of Odegbami, Yekini, Amotaxi did in doing this nation proud . . .IT SHOULD NOT BE ENUFF FOR THEM TO DORN THE NATIONAL JERSEY . . .they should stop asking what Nigeria can do for them RATHER HOW THEY CAN USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO PUT NIGERIA BACK IN THE GOOD BOOKS AGAIN GLOBALLY, ESPECIALLY IN THIS PERIOD OF REBRANDING !!!!

@Honeric

Ighalo is one the brightest talents we have right now, forget the bad tourney he had in the u-20 . . .in fact I would have chosen him ahead of Eneramo myself had he been integrated into the team hitherto, same with Chrisanthus that has absolutely the qualities that gaffers are looking for in a goal-poacher . . .NIGERIA HAS TALENTS UNFORTUNATELY WASTING AWAY cry!!!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2010
^^^^^  shocked shocked shocked shocked

Awesome post?

Does CIV or Cameroun have defeatist attitude or lack of belief because I don't recall them making any real impact at U-17 and U-20? And I believe they are black.

Anyway, damn right the players are the problem just as I said in the introductory post. NFF have been close to exemplary and we should stop the historically-linked, overly presumptive criticism I see on NL childishly thrown frequently at them.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2010
What impact have CIV and Cameroun made on the global stage than produce a few good players there and then ?

when CIV was supposed to perform at the last WC given the team they had, what did they do ? LACK OF BELIEF drowned them !

even on African soil . . .they shrunk against Egypt . .LACK OF BELIEF !
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

What impact have CIV and Cameroun made on the global stage than produce a few good players there and then ?

when CIV was supposed to perform at the last WC given the team they had, what did they do ? LACK OF BELIEF drowned them !

even on African soil . . .they shrunk against Egypt  . .LACK OF BELIEF !

CIV did not perform at the last WC because of "lack of belief"?  shocked

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I beg to differ. They did not perform purely based on the fact that their first 2 games were against 2 of the best teams in the world (Argentina and Netherlands) who had players that dwarfed theirs.

You ask what impact has Cameroun made at the world stage?  grin

Tell me what Nigeria has done at the world stage (at senior, non-cheating level) that Cameroun is yet to do or even exceed?  grin

If you struggle with that, let me be less hard, what have we done in Africa that Cameroun is yet to do? grin

Lack of belief, right?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 7:31pm On Jan 10, 2010
Dont be outrageously hilarious !

CIV froze against the Argentines and the Dutch just like we did against Argentina and Italy at our debut appearance . . .they lacked the BELIEF that they could win outright else Nigeria and CIV outplayed and outfoxed their opponents on the matchdays . . .or are u saying NOT ? undecided

Cameroun has a better performance than Nigeria . . .meaning they have achieved anything meaningful ?

why am I not surprised that u dont see anything wrong with Amodu saying a semi-final berth to him is next to rapture ? undecided embarassed

u must have forgotten that S/Korea reached the Semis 8yrs ago and no country in Africa has . . .doesnt that mean something to u that a 1/8 place for Africa isnt anything to write home about
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Dont be outrageously hilarious !

CIV froze against the Argentines and the Dutch just like we did against Argentina and Italy at our debut appearance . . .they lacked the BELIEF that they could win outright else Nigeria and CIV outplayed and outfoxed their opponents on the matchdays . . .or are u saying NOT ?  undecided

OK, you seem to be confusing me now.

Although I think it is completely ridiculous and just a case of looking for "any point to back my argument" to say CIV froze in those 2 matches, at least for those of us that watched it, you seem to have lost the track of your argument.

Your point was that you supported the "great" post of snakova that succeeding after/through cheating at under-age competitions is required by black nations and the reason the cheaters have "self belief" and success at senior level otherwise as blacks they would not.

I pointed that there are black teams with abundance of self-belief and success at senior level that did not succeed at under-age football. Which showed that the "great" post was actually moronic.

Now you are telling me that Nigeria froze against against Argentina and Italy at the WC. So where is the "self-belief" and "non-defeatist" mentality you were referring to that our cheating at age-grade football generates and if we did not cheat we would not have?  grin grin grin

Do you get why I am confused? Or was I right that the cheating is not the only source of self-belief for black teams and is not required or acceptable?  undecided

Dr Kitaun:

Cameroun has a better performance than Nigeria . . .meaning they have achieved anything meaningful ?

why am I not surprised that u dont see anything wrong with Amodu saying a semi-final berth to him is next to rapture ?  undecided  embarassed

u must have forgotten that S/Korea reached the Semis 8yrs ago and no country in Africa has . . .doesnt that mean something to u that a 1/8 place for Africa isnt anything to write home about

It is a very simple question.

You agreed with snakova that without our cheating, black people would have a defeatist moral.

I think that statement is moronic.

I gave you 2 teams (Cameroun and CIV) that faulted such thinking and backed up my point.

You said those teams have not achieved anything [since unlike us they have not succeeded at youth level hence they lacked our "self-belief"].

So I put it to you the questions (BASED ON ACHIEVEMENT):

"Tell me what Nigeria has done at the world stage (at senior, non-cheating level) that Cameroun is yet to do or even exceed?"

"If you struggle with that, let me be less hard, what have we done in Africa that Cameroun is yet to do?"

So how do you answer that question to show that "black nations need to cheat and succeed at age-grade football to have the 'self-belief' and overcome their 'defeatist' mentality before they can succeed at non-age-grade level"?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 8:17pm On Jan 10, 2010
u are just getting it twisted over and over again tongue

I said Snakova's post was awesome . . .based on the fact that he mentioned the fact that LACK OF SELF-BELIEF appears to be the undoing of many a team in Africa . . .is that hard for u to understand ?

have u seen me discuss anything age-cheating on this thread ? d'oh

even at that, I hate the submissions I read that often that reeks of hypocrisy . . .that which says WESTERNERS NEVER AGE-CHEAT whilst almost all Africans age-cheat undecided

the lameness of this assertions have very little to do with our players when we are to consider that none of our celebrated players seem to have ever used his true age cool

KANU wasnt 17 when he played for the Golden Eaglets but today he is an integral part of the SE . . .

Michael Owen at the age of 18 in 1998 blew the world apart, yet one cant particularly call him an u-30 now can we ? grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:35pm On Jan 10, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

u are just getting it twisted over and over again  tongue

I said Snakova's post was awesome . . .based on the fact that he mentioned the fact that LACK OF SELF-BELIEF appears to be the undoing of many a team in Africa . . .is that hard for u to understand ?

have u seen me discuss anything age-cheating on this thread ? d'oh 

even at that, I hate the submissions I read that often that reeks of hypocrisy . . .that which says WESTERNERS NEVER AGE-CHEAT whilst almost all Africans age-cheat  undecided

the lameness of this assertions have very little to do with our players when we are to consider that none of our celebrated players seem to have ever used his true age  cool

KANU wasnt 17 when he played for the Golden Eaglets but today he is an integral part of the SE . . .

Michael Owen at the age of 18 in 1998 blew the world apart, yet one cant particularly call him an u-30 now can we ?  grin  grin

No, you confused and surprised me when you said:

Dr Kitaun:

FILE !

This is an awesome post . . . cheesy

For me to ever call a post awesome AND TO BE FILED, I would agree with every single sentence to the hilt. But I guess our criteria vary as yours is softer.

I repeat: It is virtually impossible for a western player to be an age-cheat in FOOTBALL except he was born abroad and manipulated his details upon entering the country.

Unlike African countries:

- They have a GREAT records system
- Their government will not tolerate it
- They have vibrant press freedom where someone would tell on you by selling the story to the tabloids who would report it emphatically without being labelled "unpatroitic" and YOU WOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR FALSE DOCUMENTS
- And their documents would be ages years old, whilst a Nigerian players own would still be smelling fresh from the mint after obtaining it on sworn affidavit (after playing in a Premier League team as a regular from the age of 13 years 5 months, i.e. upon finishing secondary school 2 years earlier)

FACTS!

Football is too popular for you to get away with such in the West. You might have a case if you said it could be done in some niche sport or something.

Maybe 1 or 2 or even 3 in our 23 youth players in a tournament are of real age but the rest ARE FATHERS.

You know that, I know that, the officials know that, NLers know that.

Okoro is not U-27, Chuwkudi is not U-29  grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 11:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
where is this Sagamite to come defend his uncle here on this thread tongue grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Jan 13, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

where is this Sagamite to come defend his uncle here on this thread  tongue  grin

My Uncle still dey.  grin

Na your cousin (Yobo) I dey worry about. tongue grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 12:33am On Jan 13, 2010
My cousin Yobo ?

Olorun maje . . .I don know taytay say the guy na short 10 . . . . grin

I would have preferred Shittu and Adeleye/Sodje in that defence, aided by Ordia and Echejile !

Taiwo is past his prime, his mates at Egbeda/Alimosho have stopped playing footie and are concentrating on child rearing  grin

Mikel and his backwards/sidewards passing will never cease but what explains playing 3DMs whilst the only one that could play AM is made to start from the wing crazy I say !

Olofinjana's role in this team is akin to the kind of role Gilberto of Arsenal played that people harldly ever appreciated, where was Etuhu today . . . .Ayila MAJORITY OF OUR SO CALLED AFFICIONADOES DONT EVEN KNOW THAT AYILA HAS BEEN HAVING INJURY WORRIES ALONGSIDE ENERAMO SINCE 2004  embarassed

Obasi is talented but I wont get carried away . . .let him be consistent before we say too much . . .why did your uncle bring in Kanu for Mikel   shocked

All in all . . .the technical ineptitude of Amodu was glaringly exposed to the whole world . . .funny enuff Amotaxi has ceased to perform the role of the CHIEF MOTIVATOR of the team . . .a sign that all isnt well in the team ?  undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 1:15am On Jan 13, 2010
Amodu Eagles Players' rating by goal.com

"Nigeria

Enyeama: 6.5 - Made a number of crucial saves and displayed confident handling. Well beaten on the goals.

Yussuf: 4.5 - A poor outing. Suffered, like the rest of his backline, from lapses in concentration and used the ball ineffectively when he crossed the half-way line.

Yobo: 5 - More was expected from the captain of the Super Eagles. He failed to lead the defensive line with any sort of authority and has not formed an effective partnership with Nwaneri.

Nwaneri: 6 - The Sion man was guilty of ball watching in the run up to Moteab's goal and will not be happy with his level of performance.

Taiwo: 6 - At least offered something going forward since he could not stem the Egyptian crosses on his defensive flank.

Ayila: 6 - An effective fulcrum in midfield, willing to take and use the ball but did not want to know once his side went two behind.

Etuhu: 5 - Looked rudderless at times, like a spare man in the middle. Was neither defensive anchor like Ayila nor playmaker like Mikel.

Mikel: 7 - Why was he taken off? Nigeria's most capable playmaker was withdrawn despite being the only midfielder responsible enough to take hold of the ball and try to make something happen. Needs to brush up on his pass selection but the Super Eagles are a better side with him, rather than without.

Obasi: 8.5 - The best player in green on the day. His goal was a joy to behold and his skill, pace and trickery gave the likes of Fathallah a torrid time. To think, his place in the squad, let alone the team, was in doubt. He must start, even if Martins is fit.

Uche: 5 - Leaned back on his only true chance and was not the mobile point of reference he needed to be.

Yakubu: 5 - Still working his way back to fitness and was way off the pace here.

Substitutions

Obinna: n/a Scarcely got a look in.

Kanu: n/a Robbed in the run up to Egypt's third"

Mikel: 7 - Why was he taken off? Nigeria's most capable playmaker was withdrawn despite being the only midfielder responsible enough to take hold of the ball and try to make something happen. Needs to brush up on his pass selection but the Super Eagles are a better side with him, rather than without.

I consider the very above on Mikel as an indictment on Amodu. At least the analysis is coming from a british analyst
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by mamagee3(f): 1:30am On Jan 13, 2010
Amodu is such a joke, I hope he retires sooner
Nigeria football team would do better without him as coach
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Amodu is such a joke, I hope he retires sooner
Nigeria football team would do better without him as coach

People are advocating a sack, you are talking about retire.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by FBS: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2010
Just as the topic indicates. . .the journey is still very so far!  grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 10:07am On Jan 14, 2010
Sagamite:

My Uncle still dey.  grin

Na your cousin (Yobo) I dey worry about.  tongue grin
[/qu
deb link=topic=370005.msg5303492#msg5303492 date=1263341721:

Amodu Eagles Players' rating by goal.com

"Nigeria
Yobo: 5 - More was expected from the captain of the Super Eagles. He failed to lead the defensive line with any sort of authority and has not formed an effective partnership with Nwaneri.

Nwaneri: 6 - The Sion man was guilty of ball watching in the run up to Moteab's goal and will not be happy with his level of performance.

Taiwo: 6 - At least offered something going forward since he could not stem the Egyptian crosses on his defensive flank.

Ayila: 6 - An effective fulcrum in midfield, willing to take and use the ball but did not want to know once his side went two behind.

Etuhu: 5 - Looked rudderless at times, like a spare man in the middle. Was neither defensive anchor like Ayila nor playmaker like Mikel.

Obasi: 8.5 - The best player in green on the day. His goal was a joy to behold and his skill, pace and trickery gave the likes of Fathallah a torrid time. To think, his place in the squad, let alone the team, was in doubt. He must start, even if Martins is fit.
Yakubu: 5 - Still working his way back to fitness and was way off the pace here.

Substitutions
Obinna: n/a Scarcely got a look in.
ote]
Who chose a half-fit team to take part in the most prestigious tournament on the continent? Is it semi-fit Yobo? Is it Yobo that told him to remove Mikel? Or to include Etuhu in the squad? or to exclude Obasi in his original final 23? Such ineptitude can only be supported by ignoramuses. The ability of a coach is not judged by the quality of his players, but by his ability to make the best use of scarce resources. In 95 he had a top 10 team in the world. Now,he has a top 30 team and just can't handle it. Mind you, westerhof made the SE in 94 among the best 5 in the world. See how Burkina-Faso held CIV? Let him take some lessons, or rather employ kalika secretly to help him with the technical aspects he is bereft of. Tactical subs indeed. Make Benin and Omotyossi no add pepper to our wounds.
To blame a team's failure over poor players is moronic abi? so that makes you what? A highly intelligent mo-key grin cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / EA Sports Releases FIFA '23 Rankings Ahead Of Women's World Cup / Some Pictures Of NPFL Weekend Matches At Ibadan And Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.