Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,634 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14145 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 2:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Oh, I get it.

Any good display by us is the technical effort of the players and destiny is the factor of our success.

But when England wins with a banana shot from Gerrard/Lampard or technique of Rooney, Capello is a genius?  undecided

I would recommend you suggest Ten Crates of Gulder for Capello instead. I think Amodu is doing OK. Room for improvements but he has not done badly enough to be condemned.
So you suggesting that Beattie can and would replace Yak or Oba or even Anichebe in their respective clubs?
Sha, you have the right to suggest. I am quite sure you are aware of the importance of a coach. Mark Hughes or Mancini? You catch my drift? So, saying that once in a while you rely on the technical abilities of your players is not same as saying you should always rely on your the abilities of your players. Facing Otto Raehaggel would require more than skillful players and prayer houses to win. You need that technical bit. The Mozambique coach rightfully put it: "SE are too predictable under Amodu'. What more can i say? The same reason Deportivo lost to Man U in the knock-out stages of 2002-2003 UCL after successfully defeating them home and away in the group phase. SIr ALex is good at defeating 'one-play' teams.
Its just a matter of days. 'WE TOLD YOU SO' is coming soon to a network near you.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 2:46pm On Jan 06, 2010
snakova:

So you suggesting that Beattie can and would replace Yak or Oba or even Anichebe in their respective clubs?
Sha, you have the right to suggest. I am quite sure you are aware of the importance of a coach. Mark Hughes or Mancini? You catch my drift? So, saying that once in a while you rely on the technical abilities of your players is not same as saying you should always rely on your the abilities of your players. Facing Otto Raehaggel would require more than skillful players and prayer houses to win. You need that technical bit. The Mozambique coach rightfully put it: "SE are too predictable under Amodu'. What more can i say? The same reason Deportivo lost to Man U in the knock-out stages of 2002-2003 UCL after successfully defeating them home and away in the group phase. SIr ALex is good at defeating 'one-play' teams.
Its just a matter of days. 'WE TOLD YOU SO' is coming soon to a network near you.

Bar Yakubu, Beattie would be on par or senior striker in rank with our other strikers.

So Capello is not over-relying on players when most goals are from long range shots, freekicksof Lampard/Gerrard and brawn/skillof Rooney but Amodu is when most goals come from passing the ball around to score? Na wah for that logic o.  undecided

You mean the same Otto Reahaggel that could not qualify Greece from group stages in the EuroCup despite being the defending champions or could not qualify them for the last WC? Don't you think he also needs Ten Crates of Guinness for technical support too? Can you see what I mean by how some of you will celebrate the minutest achievement of a white coach but disparage that of a black coach?

Please educate me on the quality of football Greece played to win the Euro 2004 under Raehaggel.

If it is Amodu that does not play exciting football but wins and never loses, he is a fool and needs technical support. If Raehaggel plays boring defensive football relying on scoring a single goal, he is a tactical genius. God na real wah!  grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Bar Yakubu, Beattie would be on par or senior striker in rank with our other strikers.

So Capello is not over-relying on players when most goals are from long range shots, freekicks and brawn/skill of Rooney but Amodu is when most goals come from passing the ball around to score? Na wah for that logic o.  undecided

You mean the same Otto Reahaggel that could not qualify Greece from group stages in the EuroCup despite being the defending champions or could not qualify them for the last WC? Don't you think he also needs Ten Crates of Guinness for technical support too? Can you see what I mean by how some of you will celebrate the minutest achievement of a white coach but disparage that of a black coach?

Please educate me on the quality of football Greece played to win the Euro 2004 under Raehaggel.

If it is Amodu that does not play exciting football but wins and never loses, he is a fool and needs technical support. If Raehaggel plays boring defensive football relying on scoring a single goal, he is a tactical genius. God na real wah!  grin

U no dey tire? abeg not everything u respond to jor
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On Jan 06, 2010
honeric01:

U no dey tire? abeg not everything u respond to jor

I am addicted to logical arguments, mate. I know it is not normal. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
Sagamite:

I am addicted to logical arguments, mate. I know it is not normal. grin grin grin grin grin

Take a chill pill but avoid the expired ones grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:54pm On Jan 06, 2010
honeric01:

Take a chill pill but avoid the expired ones grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 3:30am On Jan 07, 2010
Time to break my silence . . .

sincerely, I am a very confused man in all of these . . .reason ?

Amodu is not a coach that comes with all that kind of flair but THEN the results he musters/ or he is fortunate with speaks for him . . . .

still . . .against what kind of opposition are these results gotten ?

no . . .better put - like someone asked do we expect to play Brazil in the African qualifiers ?

BACK TO REALITY :

I am one that doesnt give a hoot about criticizing any bagger as far as what we are talking about is that the results must be there to show for the person's efforts . . .BUT UNFORTUNATELY AMODU ISNT CUTTING THE PICTURE OF WHAT WE NEED TO SPEARHEAD OUR FOOTIE OUT OF THE DOLDRUMS !!!

I have grown tired of hearing that our players are average . . .we dont need Pastor Adeboye nor TB Joshua to impress that on us . . .but then for how long do we expect to have a set of players that are effing predictable on our team sheet ?

One could easily predict our team list, who will make it and who wont, as against previous CAN team lists, I stand to be corrected . . .

whatever happened to open camping ?

whatever happened to at least allowing at least 1 or 2 home based players go to the tourney ?

whatever happened to playing proper friendlies shortly before the competition proper rather than some obscure Durbanese teams  shocked

whatever happened to our suddenly having too many DMs in the team when a certain Rabiu Ibrahim and/or Ajilore should have made that team,

whatever happened to the discovery of gems waiting to be unearthed like Rabiu Ibrahim, Azeez, Nwankwo Obiora, Okoro of the u-17 and u-21 teams . . .do we have to allow them waste the way we are allowing Chrisanthus and Akinsola waste now ?  undecided

whatever happened to Amodu turning its back on the home-based players considering thats the platform on which he became who he is today ?

BUT THEN . . .

In footie, there is something called AURA, which I cant but admit Amodu has the winning type and I wont advise we do away with that kind of person . . .

[bPERSONALLY I PREFER FOR THE WORLD CUP, A TECHNICAL ADVISER COMES IN AND AMODU RETAINS HIS JOB AS CHIEF COACH, ANSWERABLE TO THE TINKERMAN [/b] . . .

We can only achieve the desired results when we have a scenario to what we had when Westerhof and Bonfrere rigmarole their way to the Presidency and brushed aside the NFA chieftains . . .this really helped our footie !

We can only achieve the desired results when a coach well known for his disciplinarian stance, tough I hope, is hired to lead us to the WC . . .then our players would sit up, get to the job AND MAKE SURE THEY DONT GO TO SA IN DESPERATENESS TO SCORE WITH THE FEMININE TOTOSHIP  grin yes those boys are too loose when its about women !!!  embarassed

but seriously : how fit are our players ?a few of them are injured, yet we take them along THAT TO ME IS CRAZY !!!  shocked

another fundamental thing is ; how come Amodu is targeting a SEMI-FINAL FINISH . . .How did we regress his badly ?

I mean . . .How can a right-thinking coach tell the whole world that he is paid just to go and get a 1/4 place in a competition that he is taking the same number of players like his fellow gaffers ?

HOW CAN THE BLOODY COACH OF THE GIANT OF AFRICA football and otherwise SAY HIS TARGET IS A SEMI-FINAL FINISH AT THE NATIONS CUP ?

can we quietly ask him what his target for the WC would be ? maybe a respectable 3rd place with a not-too-alarming goals against margin ?  undecided

or does he need TB Joshua to tell him that again ?  grin  grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:39am On Jan 07, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

I have grown tired of hearing that our players are average . . .we dont need Pastor Adeboye nor TB Joshua to impress that on us . . .but then for how long do we expect to have a set of players that are effing predictable on our team sheet ?

One could easily predict our team list, who will make it and who wont, as against previous CAN team lists, I stand to be corrected . . .

Where you able to predict that Shittu would make it and Adeleye would not?

Where you able to predict that Yusuf would make it and Adefemi would not?

Dr Kitaun:

whatever happened to open camping ?

whatever happened to at least allowing at least 1 or 2 home based players go to the tourney ?

whatever happened to playing proper friendlies shortly before the competition proper rather than some obscure Durbanese teams  shocked

whatever happened to our suddenly having too many DMs in the team when a certain Rabiu Ibrahim and/or Ajilore should have made that team,

The man has told you that he does not feel any HB player is of the technical depth to play at that level as he thinks the NPL is (as Seun's NL would put it) poo!

He is the SE coach and has worked in the NPL several times so I would expect him to know.

He has played Ajilore and he has decided the guy does not fit his requirement after inviting him to camp again. Even though I like Ajilore and felt he played OK, I don't particularly think he came in to change the face of SE in the 2 games he played or had some memorable game that  blast that of Ayila/Etuhu/Uche out of the water.

Dr Kitaun:

whatever happened to the discovery of gems waiting to be unearthed like Rabiu Ibrahim, Azeez, Nwankwo Obiora, Okoro of the u-17 and u-21 teams . . .do we have to allow them waste the way we are allowing Chrisanthus and Akinsola waste now ?  undecided

Oh please, this is one of the arguments I hate. Azeez, Obiora and Nwankwo shining when running down 16 year olds DO NOT MAKE THEM SE MATERIAL.

If at their age, they can only excel against school boys then they are not material to take to ANC or WC. If they were good then they will be playing against their age mates by now.

And you put the perfect example on my plate - Chrisantus. He shined against school boys, now (2 years on when he is probably 24) that he is put to face his mates in German 2nd division, we don't here about him anymore. How can you say we should invite a player that cannot get a game in German 2nd division to SE for ANC or WC? We are bad but really not that bad. Who is he going to take his place? Martins? Obasi? Nsofor? Even Eneramo? I doubt Chrisantus would even make the Togo or Burkina Faso team.

We should not be advocating old men beating schoolboys as SE material.

Dr Kitaun:

whatever happened to Amodu turning its back on the home-based players considering thats the platform on which he became who he is today ?

What has that got to do with the quality of the players in the NPL?

Dr Kitaun:

We can only achieve the desired results when we have a scenario to what we had when Westerhof and Bonfrere rigmarole their way to the Presidency and brushed aside the NFA chieftains . . .this really helped our footie !

I disagree. We don't need that kind of system.

In case some of have not realised, the NFF have been almost exemplary for the past 18 months. You do not need to by-pass them just because someone did it 20 years ago.

What we need is better players, nothing is wrong with the NFF at the moment.

Dr Kitaun:

We can only achieve the desired results when a coach well known for his disciplinarian stance, tough I hope, is hired to lead us to the WC . . .then our players would sit up, get to the job AND MAKE SURE THEY DONT GO TO SA IN DESPERATENESS TO SCORE WITH THE FEMININE TOTOSHIP  grin yes those boys are too loose when its about women !!!  embarassed

Even though you can say Amodu does not explicitly display the aura of a tough disciplinarian. Can you tell me any situations where any SE member has shown any indiscipline under him recently?

Dr Kitaun:

but seriously : how fit are our players ?a few of them are injured, yet we take them along THAT TO ME IS CRAZY !!!  shocked

This is another argument I dislike.

These players were injured and a return date has been postulated by their teams. This return date normally would have factored in forecasted treatment, healing and return to top level training length of time, which implies they would be ready to play.

Furthermore, SE doctors have satisfied them fit. A few training sessions should bring the touch close. So what is the problem you have with their fitness? You prefer they are left behind to play for their clubs before you trust they are ready to play?

Dr Kitaun:

another fundamental thing is ; how come Amodu is targeting a SEMI-FINAL FINISH . . .How did we regress his badly ?

I mean . . .How can a right-thinking coach tell the whole world that he is paid just to go and get a 1/4 place in a competition that he is taking the same number of players like his fellow gaffers ?

HOW CAN THE BLOODY COACH OF THE GIANT OF AFRICA football and otherwise SAY HIS TARGET IS A SEMI-FINAL FINISH AT THE NATIONS CUP ?

Expectations management.

As I said, I would have done the same thing.

It is obvious Nigerian football fans are lunatics when most think we should win this ANC. For any Nigerian fan to think when we meet Cameroun then we should be favourite needs to get his head examined. But for some reason these BUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFONS think this ANC is our birth right. Even England fans (I am not even saying Germany which is a fairer analogy) would not dream of thinking they would easily beat Italy talkless of Spain. Please note I said: "dream of thinking" not just dream.

So any reasonable coach would manage that expectation and not add feul to such unreasonable, lunatically expectations otherwise when reality kicks in, then he would be hacked by the public. Better lower their expectations and then exceed it.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 8:53am On Jan 07, 2010
Dr Kitaun thank you for your very objective post

whatever happened to the discovery of gems waiting to be unearthed like Rabiu Ibrahim, Azeez, Nwankwo Obiora, Okoro of the u-17 and u-21 teams . . .do we have to allow them waste the way we are allowing Chrisanthus and Akinsola waste now ?

On the issue of allowing players to waste, I quite agree with you that some of our younger players could at least have been allowed to go and have a tournament experience
in the magnitude of the African Nation's cup.

The question I want to ask with the present squad is, where is the place for development in the team? This under-20 player Odion Ighalo readily comes to mind when would his likes
start rubbing shoulders with the senior team players to enable for proper transition and also maintain great quality of play in the SE?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 12:26pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Where you able to predict that Shittu would make it and Adeleye would not?

The man has told you that he does not feel any HB player is of the technical depth to play at that level as he thinks the NPL is (as Seun's NL would put it) poo!

He is the SE coach and has worked in the NPL several times so I would expect him to know.

You are wrong with this and i don't agree with you, Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED. (like Capello going to watch hull city vs stoke) in hopes of getting a super eagles material. that's purely wrong, Amodu should never say he didn't see any SE material in our league, that's a bloody lie, he just didn't want to try a player he doesn't trust, that's his problem. HE WANTS A PLAYER TESTED AND TRUSTED.

deb:

The question I want to ask with the present squad is, where is the place for development in the team? This under-20 player[b] Odion Ighalo [/b]readily comes to mind when would his likes
start rubbing shoulders with the senior team players to enable for proper transition and also maintain great quality of play in the SE?

Mr man, what are you smoking? Carpet or water melon seeds?  undecided you didn't even see players to call, you are naming IGHALO? that waste pipe that couldn't get just one shot on target against his supposedly age mates? please stop smoking what you are smoking, start smoking sport news papers, that should help you reason well.  cheesy
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:57pm On Jan 07, 2010
honeric01:

You are wrong with this and i don't agree with you, Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED. (like Capello going to watch hull city vs stoke) in hopes of getting a super eagles material. that's purely wrong, Amodu should never say he didn't see any SE material in our league, that's a bloody lie, he just didn't want to try a player he doesn't trust, that's his problem. HE WANTS A PLAYER TESTED AND TRUSTED.

I am taking it that you meant this as a question: Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED[b]?[/b]

Rather than a statement: Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED.

Anyway, I note you have a lot of faith in some NPL clubs and I can see some of the reasons behind the faith i.e. the recent good performance of teams in the ACL, but Amodu seems to not respect this. On his part, he has a point since the HB players could not even qualify for the African Nations Championship tournament (the home-based version of the nations cup), talkless of winning it.

Personally, bar Rabiu (and recently Adeleye) I am happy with the players he has invited. I wouldn't lose sleep that he has not invite a HB player or if he invited one. Although, it would be fantastic if he can find a LM or playmaker gem from the NPL.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
@Sagamite

I wonder what u mean by saying the likes of Rabiu excelled against 16 yr olds . . .ok if u feel so WHY DONT U PLAY THEM AGAINST THEIR MATES ? We all know there is age cheating malaise in our system,but do we allow these boys to waste whilst we have not yet corrected the system ?

The best thing in this instance is to promote the boys to the next level, camp them for the neccessary synergy to be achieved, then u can claim to have a team . . .without that we keep groping in the dark !

but before then, AMODU has done little to advance the cause of the HB . . .is that gud enuff ? he feels there are no good enuff players to make the SE team . . .are u kidding me ? why doesnt he tell them to just stop wasting money on the NPL or why exactly is the NFF/NFL looking for corporate sponsors for the league ?

Yet again u asked . . .whether I knew/predicted Adeleye and Olufemi will make the team . . .no be rocket science, those boys are Siasia boys and they have a tendency of outshing other older boys in the tourney, when that happens ALL PEOPLE WILL SAY IS; SIASIA IS THE BEST, HE WAS THE ONE THAT DISCOVERED THESE BOYS BLA BLA . . .part of why this debate is this elongated is because OF A CERTAIN SIASIA . . .do we agree on that ?

Goodwill is the operative keyword here . . .Amodu has the positive aura more in quantum than Siasia but Siasia has more goodwill than any Nigerian coach  cool

BTW . . .Yusuff and Olufemi ? who are those ? GIVE ME A FIT CHIDI ODIAH anyday !!!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 1:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I am taking it that you meant this as a question: Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED[b]?[/b]

Rather than a statement: Amodu went to watch ZAMFARA AGAINST KADUNA UNITED.

Anyway, I note you have a lot of faith in some NPL clubs and I can see some of the reasons behind the faith i.e. the recent good performance of teams in the ACL, but Amodu seems to not respect this. On his part, he has a point since the HB players could not even qualify for the African Nations Championship tournament (the home-based version of the nations cup), talkless of winning it.

Personally, bar Rabiu (and recently Adeleye) I am happy with the players he has invited. I wouldn't lose sleep that he has not invite a HB player or if he invited one. Although, it would be fantastic if he can find a LM or playmaker gem from the NPL.

Not a question or did you see me use any question mark there? anyways the HB players that was picked to represent us in the HBNC should not be a yardstick to rating our league because many of our clubs didn't release their players to the HB coach and i also don't think the club did his job well. this is where Amodu should have proved the rest coaches wrong by still picking from the league to achieve his aim. (not now, i meant before now)
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

@Sagamite

I wonder what u mean by saying the likes of Rabiu excelled against 16 yr olds . . .ok if u feel so WHY DONT U PLAY THEM AGAINST THEIR MATES ? We all know there is age cheating malaise in our system,but do we allow these boys to waste whilst we have not yet corrected the system ?

The best thing in this instance is to promote the boys to the next level, camp them for the neccessary synergy to be achieved, then u can claim to have a team . . .without that we keep groping in the dark !

No, I think the next level is for them to get a club and play their mates, not join the national team.

I can't even think of one of the countries with true aged players inviting their U-17 to national teams without already being proven to be able to play week in, week out with adults. Spain? Germany? Brazil? England?

So let the age-cheats go and play with their mates in a top European league and command regular shirt or let them join the African Nations Championship team for the next level, not the SE.

Dr Kitaun:

but before then, AMODU has done little to advance the cause of the HB . . .is that gud enuff ? he feels there are no good enuff players to make the SE team . . .are u kidding me ? why doesnt he tell them to just stop wasting money on the NPL or why exactly is the NFF/NFL looking for corporate sponsors for the league ?

It is not the job of Amodu to advance the cause of HB players, just like it is not the job of Capello to advance the cause of a West Ham player.

His job is to pick the best players with citizenship to compete for the country.

Dr Kitaun:

Yet again u asked . . .whether I knew/predicted Adeleye and Olufemi will make the team . . .no be rocket science, those boys are Siasia boys and they have a tendency of outshing other older boys in the tourney, when that happens ALL PEOPLE WILL SAY IS; SIASIA IS THE BEST, HE WAS THE ONE THAT DISCOVERED THESE BOYS BLA BLA . . .part of why this debate is this elongated is because OF A CERTAIN SIASIA . . .do we agree on that ?

I don't get your point here. I intepreted your initial argument was that one can predict Amodu's team selection irrespective of camp, that there was no open camp? That was why I asked if you could predict those selections. So I don't understand this statement.

Dr Kitaun:

Goodwill is the operative keyword here . . .Amodu has the positive aura more in quantum than Siasia but Siasia has more goodwill than any Nigerian coach  cool

BTW . . .Yusuff and Olufemi ? who are those ? GIVE ME A FIT CHIDI ODIAH anyday !!!

I have only seen Yussuf for 15 mins, he looked as good as Odiah.  grin Not better though.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
honeric01:

Not a question or did you see me use any question mark there? anyways the HB players that was picked to represent us in the HBNC should not be a yardstick to rating our league [b]because many of our clubs didn't release their players to the HB coach [/b]and i also don't think the club did his job well. this is where Amodu should have proved the rest coaches wrong by still picking from the league to achieve his aim. (not now, i meant before now)

OK, that bolded point crushes my point then.

Only Amodu would know why he does not want HBs. You might be right he wants tested and trusted.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 1:25pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

OK, that bolded point crushes my point then.

Only Amodu would know why he does not want HBs. You might be right he wants tested and trusted.

I am still giving him a chance to prove me wrong after the nations cup. i want to see what he's going to do to his team selection after the nations cup.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ow11(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

I can't even think of one of the countries with true aged players inviting their U-17 to national teams without already being proven to be able to play week in, week out with adults. Spain? Germany? Brazil? England?

So let the age-cheats go and play with their mates in a top European league and command regular shirt or let them join the African Nations Championship team for the next level, not the SE.

I quite agree. The 'stars' from the age grade competition should command regular shirts in Europe or at least do what Tresor Mputu did for TP Mazembe before we start rolling out their names.

Amodu's folly is his inability to watch our league games. No matter how badly run it is, I do not think the league is run any worse than it was done in the 90's. He wasted a FIFA match day when he could've used it to blood some players he had seen in the league. By now, he would've trusted them more.

All said, I personally do not get the reason why he picked Shittu over Adeleye.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:00pm On Jan 07, 2010
Three gbosai for Dr Kitaun. Zambia has already started confirming our fears. He think say by playing weak teams he
can deceive us with another win? Five days to go. 'WE TOLD YOU SO' coming soon. logical indeed. At least Raehaggel conquered Europe. Make Amodu conquer Africa make we see, playing thrash or otherwise.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Jan 07, 2010
snakova:

Three gbosai for Dr Kitaun. Zambia has already started confirming our fears. He think say by playing weak teams he
can deceive us with another win? Five days to go. 'WE TOLD YOU SO' coming soon. logical indeed. At least Raehaggel conquered Europe. Make Amodu conquer Africa make we see, playing thrash or otherwise.

wetin u dey talk sef? u want our players to carry injury for just friendly match abi? at least they didn't lose and no goal was conceded even though they played with caution.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2010
honeric01:

wetin u dey talk sef? u want our players to carry injury for just friendly match abi? at least they didn't lose and no goal was conceded even though they played with caution.

Some people know nothing about football, no mind them.  undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2010
honeric01:

Guy, Ivory coast beat Tanzania. Morale booster. I am sure SE happy when dey beat dat SA selection side. Anyhow, five days to go. Moment of truth beckons. wink
I wish to cry like I did in 2000CAN. If only he made the final his perrogative
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Some people know nothing about football, no mind them.  undecided
Logic without facts (as per international accolades that don't include Mandela Cup in 1990) belies reasoning. A man that can't win PL in SA can't in anyway compare to an Euro Gold Medal Winner. That simply and literally blows the mind away. Five days to go. All arguments shall be laid to rest.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 7:04pm On Jan 07, 2010
snakova:

Guy, Ivory coast beat Tanzania. Morale booster. I am sure SE happy when dey beat dat SA selection side. Anyhow, five days to go. Moment of truth beckons. wink
I wish to cry like I did in 2000CAN. If only he made the final his perrogative

Tanzania? lol, so is Tanzania as good as Zambia? Zambia is in the nations cup and Tanzania is not, so that shows to you that Zambia is not in the same league with Tanzania, infact do you know if Tanzania even play football? can you name just one player from Tanzania from the past 50 years without checking google?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
Off topic

Club friendly

Cadiz 0 - 14 Schalke

FT Cadiz [0 - 14] Schalke
14' [0 - 1] K. Kuranyi
18' [0 - 2] J. Farfan
22' [0 - 3] Edu
31' [0 - 4] Edu
52' [0 - 5] V.M. Sanchez
55' [0 - 6] H. Altintop
59' [0 - 7] G. Asamoah
62' [0 - 8] H. Altintop
73' [0 - 9] G. Asamoah
79' [0 - 10] V.M. Sanchez
82' [0 - 11] G. Asamoah
84' [0 - 12] V.M. Sanchez
86' [0 - 13] H. Altintop
88' [0 - 14] G. Asamoah
Copyright © 1998-2010 LiveScore Ltd.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
snakova:

Logic without facts (as per international accolades that don't include Mandela Cup in 1990) belies reasoning. A man that can't win PL in SA can't in anyway compare to an Euro Gold Medal Winner. That simply and literally blows the mind away. Five days to go. All arguments shall be laid to rest.

grin grin grin grin

Absolutely laughable, so a man should go to SA and win PL in the first season. Did Ferguson win PL in his first season? Did Wenger win PL in his first season?

If you know nothing about football, keep quiet.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 7:48pm On Jan 07, 2010
Sagamite:

grin grin grin grin

Absolutely laughable, so a man should go to SA and win PL in the first season. Did Ferguson win PL in his first season? Did Wenger win PL in his first season?

If you know nothing about football, keep quiet.
You missed two of the 'big four'. Mourinho and Benitez. How about this for firsts: PL and UCL respectively. Can't touch this. Hiddink used only half a season and didn't come out empty-handed. Don't even start comparing the quality of the SPL and EPL. And about that period Pirates were a solid SA side. wink grin grin grin
It simple. logic and facts
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:19pm On Jan 07, 2010
snakova:

You missed two of the 'big four'. Mourinho and Benitez. How about this for firsts: PL and UCL respectively. Can't touch this. Hiddink used only half a season and didn't come out empty-handed. Don't even start comparing the quality of the SPL and EPL. And about that period Pirates were a solid SA side. wink grin grin grin
It simple. logic and facts

No, it is daft.

Basically, Ferguson, Hiddink and Wenger must not be qualified to be coaches for not winning in their first season.

I have nothing but contempt for moronic statements.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by debosky(m): 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2010
There is too much idle talk at the moment - judge Amodu when the competition proper starts.

If he fails to make it to the semis at the minimum then sack him.

Drawing against Zambia in a meaningless friendly simply meant to get the boys in proper shape is nothing to be ashamed of. If he won the friendly but failed woefully later on, then what use would it be?

He has been competent to achieve qualification for the two major tournaments in the year. Judge him based on RESULTS at the tournament and in competitive games. He did well enough in qualifying so what is the fuss?

@ honeric

All that happens in Cadiz is sun-bathing all year round. . . .footie is recreation for them. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
debosky:

There is too much idle talk at the moment - judge Amodu when the competition proper starts.

If he fails to make it to the semis at the minimum then sack him.

Drawing against Zambia in a meaningless friendly simply meant to get the boys in proper shape is nothing to be ashamed of. If he won the friendly but failed woefully later on, then what use would it be?

He has been competent to achieve qualification for the two major tournaments in the year. Judge him based on RESULTS at the tournament and in competitive games. He did well enough in qualifying so what is the fuss?

@ honeric

All that happens in Cadiz is sun-bathing all year round. . . .footie is recreation for them. grin

thanks u jare.

as for cadiz, na real snow bath they had grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 9:08pm On Jan 07, 2010
@oga honeric01

Mr man, what are you smoking? Carpet or water melon seeds?  Undecided you didn't even see players to call, you are naming IGHALO? that waste pipe that couldn't get just one shot on target against his supposedly age mates?

First I won't get into exchanging words with you because doing so will mean degrading myself to your pathetic low of level of civilization so I will just address the issue 
that you challenged so to say.

I doubt if you really watched the boy. Maybe you are just the type that can not see beyond your nose because if you have the mind of an Arsene Wenger you will
know that Ighalo is a fantastic player that can make a statement in world football under a very great coach.  Have you wondered why Siasia continued to use the guy through out their stay in the tournament? Maybe Siasia was "smoking" the same thing that I smoke. Aside being unlucky with scoring, Ighalo was fantastic all through the under-20 world cup even the commentators couldn't hide their feelings about his great performance. Its obvious that your lack of foresight blinded your eyes to his work rate, doubt if you know what that is because of the way you think, his dribbles and passes and his contribution to goals scored by some of his colleagues.  In football, despite your skills, sometimes you get lucky some other time you don't. IGHALO was simply unlucky and I must remind you that, that bad lucky was not only particular to him it was for the entire u-20 team of last year. So I still maintain that Odion Ighalo is a fantastic talent take it or leave

please stop smoking what you are smoking, start smoking sport news papers, that should help you reason well.   cheesy

Since newspaper is your only source of reasoning, I could guess you probably only read about Ighalo and did not actually see him play and like I stated earlier I must have been smoking
the same thing that Siasia smoked that he continued to use Ighalo all through the under-20 tournament despite not scoring.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 10:41am On Jan 08, 2010
deb:

@oga honeric01
First I won't get into exchanging words with you because doing so will mean degrading myself to your pathetic low of level of civilization so I will just address the issue 
that you challenged so to say.
I am sorry if you didn't see the humor behind my post, thought you are that type that appreciate humor, sorry once more Mr serious face. sad

deb:

I doubt if you really watched the boy. Maybe you are just the type that can not see beyond your nose because if you have the mind of an Arsene Wenger you will
know that Ighalo is a fantastic player that can make a statement in world football under a very great coach.  Have you wondered why Siasia continued to use the guy through out their stay in the tournament? Maybe Siasia was "smoking" the same thing that I smoke. Aside being unlucky with scoring, Ighalo was fantastic all through the under-20 world cup even the commentators couldn't hide their feelings about his great performance. Its obvious that your lack of foresight blinded your eyes to his work rate, doubt if you know what that is because of the way you think, his dribbles and passes and his contribution to goals scored by some of his colleagues.  In football, despite your skills, sometimes you get lucky some other time you don't. IGHALO was simply unlucky and I must remind you that, that bad lucky was not only particular to him it was for the entire u-20 team of last year. So I still maintain that Odion Ighalo is a fantastic talent take it or leave

Are u trying to tell me that Ighalo is that good that Arsene Wenger is considering buying him? any source to prove that to us? abeg, stop trying to excuse that waste pipe, Siasia kept using him because he had no other options, Salami that was the only option was not fit enough to be used and when he was actually used, he got red-carded out of frustration so Siasia screwed up by picking up (he complained that he no time to really sit down to pick better players and that most of our strikers from the 2007 u-17 were injured at that time), i repeat, that waste pipe is better-off playing hockey in Canada (imagine someone going to Canada to play FOOTBALL LOL). Mind you, i am Benin but that won't make me support him just because he's a southerner.

deb:

Since newspaper is your only source of reasoning, I could guess you probably only read about Ighalo and did not actually see him play and like I stated earlier I must have been smoking
the same thing that Siasia smoked that he continued to use Ighalo all through the under-20 tournament despite not scoring.

Since it's not possible for you to smoke the TV, INTERNET OR THE RADIO, hence the option of newspapers but then i told you i was joking (you didn't get the joke sha)

Once again, due to the short time siasia had, he had no option but to keep using that waste-pipe hoping he was going to at least score half a goal. grin grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 1:16pm On Jan 08, 2010
@honeric01

Don't mind me jare. This thread had been heated up all along so I did not quite realize that you were just being humorous.
My bad lol cheesy

Apologies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / EA Sports Releases FIFA '23 Rankings Ahead Of Women's World Cup / Some Pictures Of NPFL Weekend Matches At Ibadan And Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.