Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man (11377 Views)

My Girlfriend Is Asking For Something That's Against My Rules. / My Boyfriend Is Asking For My Facebook Logging Details, What Should I Do?? / My Girlfriend Is A Sex Addict (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
torqque7:

Dude tell her NO..it is the exact situation that caused me my relationship..she asked me to let her hangout with friends at a club and begged me nothing would happen,and cos I didn't want to seem overly jealous and insecure, I let her go (BIG MISTAKE)that's how she met one guy o and he started calling her..12am o,just imagine.

Omoh I no get power to drag any woman way no know waiting she want so I dumped her ass even tho I was making serious plans to wife her. Bro these hoes ain't loyal..small chance you give, they will fuc.kup.

Your situation strong ooh but you ought to have hang on nah
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Davidgrey: 9:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
kullozone:

Boss, please don't lick that girl's asss. Face reality.... No good can come out of a date like that, whether she took permission or not. That's the world we live in.
Granted!

You can't cage a woman, telling her not to go or go "changes nothing"

Let's be practical, He isn't married to her and has "no right to tell her who she should hang out with"

The concepts of ignoring the other sex(when you are in a relationship) is childish and shouldn't be encouraged

Even if the guy has promiscuous intentions, your girlfriend "should" be matured enough to handle it "herself"

The ideologue that is wrong for a woman to hang out with men hasn't stopped women from cheating.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by torqque7(m): 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

Your situation strong ooh but you ought to have hang on nah

Baba hang on for what na? I no fit come de do that kind university life for this stage in my life o,twas when I was still a student that I could afford to struggle for a girl and keep tabs on her like that,NOT NOW..

At this stage in life I have lots to worry about and my woman shouldn't cause me more worries,instead see should be my safe house so any girl that knows what she wants would not play with her relationship and put her partner in an awkward position.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
Davidgrey:
It would be immature of him to tell her not to go(she would go either way)

He should allow her go but.......He should choose the time that the outing will end(this way he is exhibiting subtle jealousy and manliness)

He should not call her during her "platonic date" (let her enjoy your trust)

She told him which signifies the fact that she respects him

I don't see anything wrong with that.

lets be honest with ourselves.this is nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.if one of ur wife"s ex was to come into town and ur wife told u she"s going to spend two nights in a hotel room with him and they both going to have a nice time..but promises u dat no sex will be involved.will u agree? cheesy cheesy..pls be honest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Davidgrey: 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

Everything was going so well until you said that he has to tell her when to be home! angry

I see!

You cant eat your cake and have it!

The price she pays for having that "platonic date" is giving him control over when the date should be terminated

Everything isn't an art of Patriarchal domination, wonder why you always contextualize civility as anything other than it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tuham:

Elder lefulefu!
Say something nah
brother if u carry yam inside room wey goat dey...na wetin u think say go happen? cheesy.na d kind situation wey op dey and he dey ask for advice cheesy.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

lets be honest with ourselves.this is nigeria cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.if one of ur wife"s ex was to come into town and ur wife told u she"s going to spend two nights in a hotel room with him and they both going to have a nice time..but promises u dat no sex will be involved.will u agree? cheesy cheesy..pls be honest.

Wiil any sensible wife try that?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Davidgrey: 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

@Highlighted; her ex!

It would be foolish of your wife to propose that.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by AshawoGirl(f): 9:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
igwegeorgiano:
Fellow NLs how we dey. hope we all had a swell time at our respective places of work/bussinesses? so sorry to bother you with my relationship issues i just need advice that will calm down my nerves right now before i will rashly take decisions i may regret later

I just got a phone call from my babe asking for my permission to allow her hang out with another guy. she made me to understand that the said guy has been a very good friend back in their uni days but no string attached. furthermore, she said that the guy came to her office to take her home after the day's work.

Friends what do you think? am a jealous perso but not possessive. my babe and the guy have actually fixed their outing for sunday. am really feeling upset right now because am seeing the intruder as a threat to my relationship. pls i need your candid advice on how to handle this unfolding ugly scenerio. thanks

go with her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Menzy86(m): 9:26pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

It is that simple and insecure control freaks make it complicated by using their imagination to imagine the worse.

Lol! I'm allergic to childish and insecure men so chances are I wouldn't date you.
U will go beserk at d slightest insinuation of what u claim is "childish" and "insecure". I have met and DATED ladies like u. More than half of ladies these days expect u to swallow shit they can't sniff. I want an honest answer from u. Will u let your boyfriend hang out ALONE with a Rihanna like female friend without issues (immediate or remote)?
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Davidgrey: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
Aderola15:

Where have you been all my life? angry grin
Circling the sun like you tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by igwegeorgiano(m): 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
JERRY1925:

please take my advice seriously..
let her go..its painful ....but let her go..try to keep calm.
but.
when she's gone..emm if u stay together.. make sure she do not meet u at home when she's back..but if u not together.. let her call to tell u she's tru..u have to find a way to make the equation balance...u can even tell her to come over to ur place when she's tru..but never let her meet u at home...make her understand how u felt when she went visiting a guy..if u don't ..she won't value u...

but let her go joy fully ..b happy..because she's just ur girlfriend.. u not married.. and might not even marry her...u don't own her for now..
pls don't stop her.
my brother i quite appreciate your advice. am millions of miles away as u read my post. secondly both families have known each other and are just waiting for d wedding bell to ring. the communication btw us is so robbust and she tells me everything she does. but on this one my brother i no lie to you i see it as a very tempting situation and wouldnt want peep to ask me "how come"
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
Davidgrey:
@Highlighted; her ex!

It would be foolish of your wife to propose that.
u havent seen cases were married ladies hit on their ex on facebook and it leads them to things they never bargained for? cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
Aderola15:

Wiil any sensible wife try that?
some ladies would involve themselves in it just for d thrill of it
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

some ladies would involve themselves in it just for d thrill of it

Married ones and still have the audacity to ask for husband's permission?

Lool, shows the kinda men they are married to. Spineless wimps undecided
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
Davidgrey:
Circling the sun like you tongue

Enough circling baby...just comman propose already kiss tongue

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by JERRY1925(m): 9:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
igwegeorgiano:
my brother i quite appreciate your advice. am millions of miles away as u read my post. secondly both families have known each other and are just waiting for d wedding bell to ring. the communication btw us is so robbust and she tells me everything she does. but on this one my brother i no lie to you i see it as a very tempting situation and wouldnt want peep to ask me "how come"

not an issue, let her go..if u stop her..it will b the beginning of issues..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2017
lefulefu:

brother if u carry yam inside room wey goat dey...na wetin u think say go happen? cheesy.na d kind situation wey op dey and he dey ask for advice cheesy.

Baba the goat fit be like the kain gentle goat wey i once get.. Even if yuh put the yam in front of in eye, dah my goat no go look there grin
OP, let your gf go jawe cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 23, 2017
torqque7:

Baba hang on for what na? I no fit come de do that kind university life for this stage in my life o,twas when I was still a student that I could afford to struggle for a girl and keep tabs on her like that,NOT NOW..

At this stage in life I have lots to worry about and my woman shouldn't cause me more worries,instead see should be my safe house so any girl that knows what she wants would not play with her relationship and put her partner in an awkward position.

You're right though but some people say "Whah will lasts long won't come easy"

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by omosedollar(m): 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
igwegeorgiano:
Fellow NLs how we dey. hope we all had a swell time at our respective places of work/bussinesses? so sorry to bother you with my relationship issues i just need advice that will calm down my nerves right now before i will rashly take decisions i may regret later

I just got a phone call from my babe asking for my permission to allow her hang out with another guy. she made me to understand that the said guy has been a very good friend back in their uni days but no string attached. furthermore, she said that the guy came to her office to take her home after the day's work.

Friends what do you think? am a jealous perso but not possessive. my babe and the guy have actually fixed their outing for sunday. am really feeling upset right now because am seeing the intruder as a threat to my relationship. pls i need your candid advice on how to handle this unfolding ugly scenerio. thanks

Dude its 50\50 it might just be an innocent hanging out or he might Chop your babe lika shawana. Why take the chance. You are better off playing Baba ijebu if u want to take chances
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
Davidgrey:
I see!

You cant eat your cake and have it!

The price she pays for having that "platonic date" is giving him control over when the date should be terminated

Everything isn't an art of Patriarchal domination, wonder why you always contextualize civility as anything other than it is.

The first part of your comment contradicts the last part of your comment. So if it is NOT "an art of Patriarchal domination" then why would he get to decide when my meeting ends and why would I have to pay a price for having a male friend?

It's uncivilized rather than civil to impose yourself on another persons freedom. You should respect her judgement and observe her level of consideration and if you feel she took the piss then voice your concerns. You can't give an adult curfew because you want to feel manly. If you want to feel manly go left some heavy things and open some jars. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
torqque7:

Hmm my dear most times people dnt plan to cheat but situations happen and they endup cheating,so for the fact she told him doesn't change anything o,my ex also told me and even told me about the guy who took her number..but that didn't stop anything.

Yeah I know there are people who can just be friends without any sexual chemistry but very VERY few so prevention is better than cure o..there is a saying 'Na from clap them de enter dance'

OK then wait for the lady who you can lock up and control all her interactions and pray your control and lack of self esteem won't push her into the hands of a confident self assured man. If someone wants to stay they will stay it's only the ego that has us believing we play any part in them staying with us. It's the persons choice to not cheat on you, there's no prevention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Lordkylie(f): 10:27pm On Mar 23, 2017

Are you serious

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:
The comments on this thread show what a perverted generation we are. Why can't 2 friends hang out and catch up? The fact that she considered your feelings by letting you know of her whereabouts shows she has respect for you. This is a case of low self-esteem on the part of the op. Or a guilty consious on your part op because you are a cheater and expect the same treatment.

I was waiting for the bolded. I knew it would certainly come from a girl.

So, what's your definition of low self esteem undecided

Dear Op, please break up with that girl asap because she has already started cheating on you!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by favorchild2017: 10:41pm On Mar 23, 2017
igwegeorgiano:

I think it depends on your relationship level, if you guys are engaged, pls tell her NO, but if it is boyfriend and girl friend you are doing, then you can allow her go.

What are they planning to do on a outing that they cldnt hv done, wherever they met.

I think she is testing your limit.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by onegig(m): 10:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:

It is that simple and insecure control freaks make it complicated by using their imagination to imagine the worse.

Lol! I'm allergic to childish and insecure men so chances are I wouldn't date you.

You make it simplistic.

I guess you are a bit naive and open which can be good but based on what he has listed here o this is much more than just a date with a friend. The lady's fears and request for permission subtly confirms that something is amiss except if requesting for permissions is a norm maybe in their relationship.(different atuff for different folks).

When he came to pick her up after work, she had premonition he was coming. That was actually a date but she never had course to seek permission from the guy because she felt it was just normal and nothing serious but the guy asking her for another extra date raised a suspicion or something she is not saying.

More reason she needs validation from her guy about going. She even went out of her way to mention "it is a no strings attached friendship " . That alone gave her away. Who asked her? Why mention such if her thougjts hadn't wandered off towards such?

No one wants the guy to be possesive or whatever. However, she's putting him in a tough position. Yeah he trusts her but does he trust the guy she's meeting with not to stir up something funny?

Best outcome is to just abstain. Let her decide whether she's going or not. She is an adult.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by kilo4sure: 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2017
Kimberlylouis:
honestly d guy wnts 2 sweep ur babe!!! neva agree 2 dat! 2 u babe its jst a frndly gesture! but as a grl b4 u kno it she will stat fallin...
do not agree 2 dat! tell her wat eva u can...
If he doesn't agree to that, the girl would subconsciously feel she is entrapped. The best thing is to tell her she is free to go, and that he's even looking forward to taking one of his female friends out to a birthday party as well.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by schumastic(m): 11:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
Aderola15:
So sumbori cannor hang out with friends again because she's in a relationship... sad sad sad

really, how will you feel and react if your bf tells u he wants to take a girl out in a date?

lets call a spade a spade n not a walking stick.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 23, 2017
@ OP, wish I knew more information about your relationship .

Let me tell you something you already know :

1. You are who you are , nothing anyone says here will ultimately change you ,if you don't want to change your position on this friendship .

2. You cannot control when or if your gF will cheat on you . This does not mean she's cheating on you .

3. If you were to clone your gfs phone chances are you likely fall down ..same for you if you are that type ( if you know what I mean )

4. Women will test you all the time ...you must not react over what you cannot control .

5. Relationships are all about business . If you cannot get what you deserve ...limit your investment .

6. Everybody is replaceable ,worrying about it will only age you rapidly and make you anxious .

7. Just be yourself ...there are tons of guys waiting to bang your gf , just as there are tons of girls who want to bang you

8. Anybody can cheat ...anybody can shun temptation .nobody knows .

9. My guy even If you are dying inside ...don't show it . ask yourself this question a month or two later am I still getting what I want from this relationship ? If not men limit your exposure .

10. If this girl is yours ,she's yours ....if she belongs to the game ,she belongs to the game .

I'm conclusion let me ask you this if cheating weren't taboo ,would you still want to be with this lady ? Hypothetical scenario of course .

My dude carry yourself like a boss ...act like a boss , but a boss exerts his control not by giving ultimatums but by taking options available to him .

P.s on a scale of 1-10 how tolerant is she of your bullsheet ? After this date ,this will determine if she has options available to her .

Sha just be yourself and brush your teeth .

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by schumastic(m): 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
LeView1:
The comments on this thread show what a perverted generation we are. Why can't 2 friends hang out and catch up? The fact that she considered your feelings by letting you know of her whereabouts shows she has respect for you. This is a case of low self-esteem on the part of the op. Or a guilty consious on your part op because you are a cheater and expect the same treatment.

that's a big lie.. I don't v a problem with her going out on a date but asking for permission is the most silly thing to do, infact it shows that you don't respect your partner at all.
how would you feel if your bf comes to u n tells you he wants to take a girl out on a date n he do drop her off from work, what wll be your reaction?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
schumastic:

really, how will you feel and react if your bf tells u he wants to take a girl out in a date?

lets call a spade a spade n not a walking stick.

No biggie, I have no issue with how he decides to hang out with his friends just like I wouldn't want him getting worked up because of my date with an old friend...
Re: My Girlfriend Is Asking For Permission To Hang Out With Another Man by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
kilo4sure:

If he doesn't agree to that, the girl would subconsciously feel she is entrapped. The best thing is to tell her she is free to go, and that he's even been looking forward to taking one of his female friends out to a birthday party as well.

He doesn't need to do tell her that ,just do it .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Say "I'm Having Sex" In Your Language? / Ibadan Kissing Style ...lol(photo / Four Girls, Four Boys, One Weekend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.