Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 - Islam for Muslims (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 (18879 Views)

Getting Closer To Allah - A Brother Needs Your Advice / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Re: Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 by Eutaxy: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
Empiree:
Eutaxy,

You need to bring your parents attention to the Book Of Allah and statments of His Nabi (SAW).

Fortuenately, this was the subject of discussion at my masjid today i:e rascism, tribalism, nationalism .....you name it.

I am aware of a hadith which says it it also preffered to marry from one's tribe, language and culture. But that's just fair recommendation for couple to be able to understand each.

People cannot rely on this solitary hadith to justify what your parents are doing to you.

The way she sounds makes her tribalist which is wrong.

The basic things to look for in potential spouse are clear: RELIGION, BACKGROUND, SELF ETC

THE EXCUSE GIVEN BY YOUR MOM IS NOT ONE OF THEM

My take on this is be patient and continue your legit romance with her. Talk to your parents' respected relatives and closed friends. Hopefully that should yield positively.

Thanks for your advise, may Allah also grant you your wishes, Amin!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Fatwa On Muslims Congratulating Non-muslims On Their Holidays / The Universe Came Into Existence After Not Existing / Muslim Brothers & Sisters: Barka de Sallah!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.