Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,394 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! (3749 Views)

Let Me Drop This Cute Pic Here(ladies No Fall In Love Biko, Lols) / Another Secret Of Ladies Busted!!!(guys Come In Here,ladies Keep Off? / Safe Days For 21cylcles Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by watchamacallit: 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2017
Source: DOCTORSHUB NIGERIA

So I am here again, this time, to talk about a seemingly common practice but one with potentially devastating consequences: refusal or unwillingness by some women to know the workings of menstruation and ovulation . I have never minced words in telling young ladies of reproductive age (15-45 years) that if at all there is only one thing they have to know (inside out) about their bodies, it should be their menstrual cycles. And I still stand by that pronouncement. Because that is really what makes a woman a woman- not even boobs. There are men with boobs these days (a condition called gynecomastia). But I am yet to see or hear of any man who ovulates and menstruates. If you know any, please shock me.

That said, let's go straight to the topic of the day- knowing how to calculate your safe days or period i.e the time during your menstrual cycle that even when you have unprotected sexual intercourse with a fertile male, your chance of ever getting pregnant is as good as zero. But before I do, let me quickly explain these two easily confused terminologies: ovulation and menstruation.

Ovulation is the process whereby a woman's ovaries release egg(s) for fertilization. And for most normal women, this happens only once in any given month. Usually, if your cycle length is 28 days like most women, your ovulation day will be on day 14. Please note the day, because it is important. If however your cycle length is 26 or 30 days, just divide it by 2 and that would give you days 13 and 15 respectively as your ovulation day.

Menstruation on the other hand is the monthly flow of blood most women experience during which some abstain from school or work because of the cramps and other symptoms associated with it. The meaning of menstruation is simple:pregnancy has failed to occur that month. In other words, for every month that you menstruate, it is evidence that you failed to conceive.

NB: there are some women who fail to menstruate even though they are not pregnant. A lot of conditions can cause that.

Now to the real koko of this article...

Since you now know that you ovulate on day 14 if your cycle length is 28 days or day 15 if it is 30 days, all you need to do is start counting from the last day of your period. That is, if your period ends today, you will start counting from today as the beginning of your next cycle. I am going to assume your cycle last for 28 days so I will be referring to 14 and 28 for the rest of the article. So you start counting from the last day of your immediate period up until day 9. From day 10 up to day 15, you are not to have unprotected sex (if you do, please take postinor immediately), and this is assumming your ovulation happens on day 14. But you may want to ask, if I am going to ovulate on day 14, why should I not just avoid day 14 alone instead? Why start from day 10? The answer is simple as well- sperms! They are a tricky, sneaky and mischievous lot. Because their mandate is to impregnate you at all cost, they can stay alive inside of you for up to 5 days! So if you have unprotected sex on day 10 and think you are cool, you are just joking. The sneaky bastard would be in there waiting for you until day 14 when you will release some egg(s)- and bingo! Because of this, you start being very careful from day 10. That means that from day 1 to day 9, you are safe. No cause for alarm.

Again, your eggs, (the ones released during ovulation) don't have as much stamina as the sperms so they are only able to be alive for up to 24 hours inside of you. What does this mean? After an egg is released, it only has a fertilization interval of 24 hours (for the sperm to penetrate it so that conception can occur). If after 24 hours nothing happens, the eggs won't be viable again and hence won't be fertilized even if a sperm cell comes in contact with it. With the 5 days of the sperms and the 1 day of the eggs, a woman only has 6 days in every cycle during which she can get knocked up if she has unprotected intercourse with a fertile male. Days 10 to 15 are your unsafe days. Some people actually call it "No man's land". That is, no man should go there during those days- assuming you don't intend to get pregnant. But again, you can let a man get in there if you know what you are doing. Just make sure you practise safe sex and should it happen that the sperms were too hot for the condom to hold and they found their way inside of you, always have postinor handy.

IN SUMMARY,

For any woman (whose cycle lasts for 28 days) worried about safe days and unsafe days, days 10 to 15 are your unsafe days while every other day including the entire duration of your menstuation are your safe days.

If your cycle length is 26 or 30 days, just half it, and you will get the exact day of your ovulation (which would be day 13 if your cycle lasts for 26 days and day 15 if it lasts for 30 days). should that be the case, your unsafe days would be days 11 to 16 (for a cycle length of 30 days) and days 9-14 (for a cycle length of 26 days).

NB: if your period is irregular, you may not be able to accurately pinpoint your ovulation day. Very occasionally too, some women with severely abnormal cycles have been known to ovulate just a day after mentruation. This s a very rare occurrence though-extremely rare. If your cycle is irregular and you are unable to calculate your safe and unsafe days, feel free to consult any of our doctors on the site for guidance.

Also read, "6 FACTS ABOUT OVULATION EVERY WOMAN MUST KNOW", here: http://doctorshub.com.ng/2017/01/19/6-facts-about-ovulation-every-woman-must-know/.

Thanks for reading!

http://doctorshub.com.ng/2017/03/11/how-to-calculate-the-safe-days-of-your-cycle/

2 Likes

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by dacovajnr: 1:02pm On Mar 24, 2017
Tnx for the info..Btw Day 10-15 abi..No tym,am not getting any younger..I want to father a child..Wo! Aderola wa fe ku lale otunla!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by engrMikemd(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2017
there is an app that does that you know
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by watchamacallit: 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by watchamacallit: 1:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
engrMikemd:
sure. How reliable is the app and precisely how many of our young ladies have the app or understand how it works?
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
cheesy

Naaah..this counting shii is ain't that effective at all..humans are hornnny 24/7 ..anytime , any place once this hormones triggers all we need is condom but nothing beats RAW wink grin

But the most important thing is the couple shud talk and discuss what suits for them wink
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Jodha(f): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
Too long to read....

Abstinence till marriage is the best..

1 Like

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by engrMikemd(m): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
watchamacallit:
sure. How reliable is the app and precisely how many of our young ladies have the app or understand how it works?
hmmmmm
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Tnx for the info..Btw Day 10-15 abi..No tym,am not getting any younger..I want to father a child..Wo! Aderola wa fe ku lale otunla!! angry
engrMikemd:
they said this thread is only for females.na wetin una dey do here? cool

1 Like

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Damian2016: 1:20pm On Mar 24, 2017
QueenSuccubus:
cheesy

Naaah..this counting shii is ain't that effective at all..humans are hornnny 24/7 ..anytime , any place once this hormones triggers all we need is condom but nothing beats RAW wink grin

But the most important thing is the couple shud talk and discuss what suits for them wink
lol. Ikr. But then, just like you pointed out, how many people can reach for a condom whenwhen they are as Hot as hell? The idea of the piece is to encourage to stop abusing postinor or worrying themselves unnecessarily even when they are on the safe days. If you know your safe days, you won't be popping postinor each and every time you have an unprotected sex.
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by engrMikemd(m): 1:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
lefulefu:

can you spell a female without a male?

2 Likes

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Damian2016: 1:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
Jodha:
Too long to read....

Abstinence till marriage is the best..
lol. Some topics need to be thoroughly explained to drive home the message. It will shock how many young, so-called big gals don't know the difference between ovulation and menstruation. Seriously.
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by innovate3751: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2017
I think men too should read this piece. Lol. We need to know when our partners are ovulating .....that way, we can know when they lying with some silly excuses!

2 Likes

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:

Ale otunla ti pe ju now, je ka bere ni ale yii tongue

1 Like

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by dacovajnr: 1:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
lefulefu:

Baami lefulefu how u take know say we dey here if u no check...me don see wetin I find come..lolx..So you blv someone would create a thread and stop a particular gender from viewing?
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by innovate3751: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Baddosneh! Take it easy on her, sir. Lol
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by dacovajnr: 1:47pm On Mar 24, 2017
Aderola15:

Ale otunla ti pe ju now, je ka bere ni ale yii tongue
Iro Oooo! Today is 8th nau..That would be waste of effort n Man Power..

My main objective is to hit the Bullseye this tym around.

Makanju rara! kiss tongue

Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by dacovajnr: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
innovate3751:
Baddosneh! Take it easy on her, sir. Lol
She sef na Mummysneh grin
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by QueenSuccubus(f): 1:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Damian2016:
lol. Ikr. But then, just like you pointed out, how many people can reach for a condom whenwhen they are as Hot as hell? The idea of the piece is to encourage to stop abusing postinor or worrying themselves unnecessarily even when they are on the safe days. If you know your safe days, you won't be popping postinor each and every time you have an unprotected sex.

grin

I get ur point too...but the thing is...NOT all the ladies have a regular period juz like me..
My cycle is different, my period comes like harmattan season sha and what if I'm sexually active & love raw sex? wink tongue

This method u were talking abt won't work for me and for those who have irregular period...
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Damian2016: 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

grin

I get ur point too...but the thing is...NOT all the ladies have a regular period juz like me..
My cycle is different, my period comes like harmattan season sha and what if I'm sexually active & love raw sex? wink tongue

This method u were talking abt won't work for me and for those who have irregular period...

I love you already. Such rare honesty! kiss
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Divay22(f): 2:05pm On Mar 24, 2017
Nice thread
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by watchamacallit: 2:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
Divay22:
Nice thread
Gracias
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by watchamacallit: 2:29pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
She sef na Mummysneh grin
may God help you guys. Lo
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
They need tips on how to excel in their education/exams. Not this one you are posting.
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Iro Oooo! Today is 8th nau..That would be waste of effort n Man Power..

My main objective is to hit the Bullseye this tym around.

Makanju rara! kiss tongue

Looool... I pity you oooo grin cheesy tongue
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
dacovajnr:
Baami lefulefu how u take know say we dey here if u no check...me don see wetin I find come..lolx..So you blv someone would create a thread and stop a particular gender from viewing?
was just passing and i took a little peek cheesy
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
engrMikemd:

can you spell a female without a male?
lol cheesy
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by usman15gmail: 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

grin

one of the causes of irregular period is the regular intake of drugs like postinor 2....so what are u not telling us... cheesy
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by QueenSuccubus(f): 3:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
usman15gmail:
one of the causes of irregular period is the regular intake of drugs like postinor 2....so what are u not telling us... cheesy

Ur a number 1 user of postínor that's y u know the effect as well..ur poor little gf must be overdosed with that after u destroyed her womb lipsrsealed
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Christardor: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
This postinor of a thing.how effective is it in terminating conception
Damian2016:
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by Damian2016: 3:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
Christardor:
This postinor of a thing.how effective is it in terminating conception
Postinor is NOT, I repeat, is NOT an abortion drug!

Perhaps you should read this article, http://doctorshub.com.ng/2017/02/14/faqs-postinor-12-every-important-thing-you-need-to-know/.

Thanks!
Re: Get In Here Ladies!- How To Calculate The Safe Days Of Your Cycle!!! by usman15gmail: 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

Ur a number 1 user of postínor that's y u know the effect as well..ur poor little gf must be overdosed with that after u destroyed her womb lipsrsealed
it's rather unfortunate that I don't have a gf....talk more of having an overdosed one...but u can apply for the position of a baby mama coz am seriously in need of one cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Benin And Want To Hangout? / I Stumbled Upon This Wraps, What Could It Be / My Friend Is In A Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.