Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (11962 Views)

See What This Lady Did After Breakup With Her Man ( PHOTO ) / Ridiculous Things That Many People Do After Breakup / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by fyneboi(m): 5:03am On Sep 10, 2009
When a guy break up an engagement, is the girl suppose to return the engagement ring or keep it?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2009
for me I would throw it in the ocean
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by sexyLeamon(f): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2009
rokiatu:

for me I would throw it in the ocean
grin grin grin grin ditto
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by whitelexi(m): 7:46am On Sep 10, 2009
fyneboi:

When a guy break up an engagement, is the girl suppose to return the engagement ring or keep it?

Act the bigger person, dont even ask. . . She can keep it for memory's sake, or she can derive some joy [or think she does] from throwing it in anywhere she like. . . At the end of the day, she was the one wearing it so. . . tongue grin tongue grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by iice(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2009
Whatever jare. . .if he wants it, he can have it.
If he wants me to keep it, i'll add it to my outfit. . .make a charm for bracelet or something.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by madlady(f): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
Sell it and split the money grin grin grin.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by iice(f): 3:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
^^Haha good one! cheesy
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by candyshore: 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2009
i think u should return it
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by angolag(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
Returning the ring is a good Option. Can some one really tell me how I could engage this particular chick that rocks ma world. How would she know I am seroiuse??
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by izeek(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
u mean that very expensive ring i had to forgo 2months pay to buy,
return my thing jare!
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Caspery: 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
Well i think the girl is supposed to return it to the ex-fiancee cos that ring was a sign of commitment for marriage and since that's no longer going to hold, i guess the girl should give it back to the guy. period
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by chinesedoll(f): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
I am not returning jack
I dey go the nearest Aboki to pawn it grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by yme1(f): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
if it is gold or diamond that worth alot of money
i am returning NADA
he can go but the ring stays grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by chinesedoll(f): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2009
y me:

if it is gold or diamond that worth alot of money
i am returning NADA
he can go but the ring stays grin

I have always known that we have some thing in common grin grin grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by yme1(f): 9:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
chinesedoll:

I have always known that we have some thing in common grin grin grin grin
we nor dey slack at all
we always hold our side well grin grin
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Secretz(f): 9:47pm On Sep 10, 2009
Reminisce and admire the ring on my way to the Pawn brokers grin tongue
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by fyneboi(m): 4:23am On Sep 11, 2009
I seriously think the ring should be returned
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:28am On Sep 11, 2009
depends.

if he's a jerk, keep the ring.

If there are no hard feelings, you may or may not return it.

But generally, if he doesnt ask, then why bother imo.

What does he need it for anyway.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by fyneboi(m): 4:32am On Sep 11, 2009
So he can sell it and make some of the money he purchased the ring back. The ring could

cost from $2,000 - $10,000. Before he gave the ring to the girl, he asked "will you marry me?"

She said yes, then he gave her the ring upon saying yes, but since it didnt happen anymore,

he should give back the ring simple
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 11, 2009
well, he gave her the ring, not loaned her.

Returning it is a matter of choice, I should think.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by CrazyMan(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2009
If I break up an engagement, I won't collect back the ring I gave; I'll let her keep it because collecting a ring from your ex and presenting it to the girl you wish to marry would be classified as an act of stupidity.

The saying goes thus. . get a new ring for the new girl, and let the old ring go with the old girl
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by katy80: 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
I I broke up depends maybe the action happened in his house and know I'm done, I will trow it on him,
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by katy80: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2009
If I broke up depends maybe the action happened in his house and know I'm done, I will trow it on him,
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by Yumi(f): 11:34pm On Sep 11, 2009
I would give it back to him, he paid for it. Why would I want to keep it? If he gives it to another girl that would be a bit funny tho cause he is meant to buy her a new one.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by katy80: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
Using my Sister's id to respond to this grin

Wetin u won tell me, if na those 5 cent's worth of rings, Carry am go but if na even from $$$$200 to 100k Nnaa she go vomitam out even if na inside belle we engageput the ring,  Abi make em next guy sellam? carry smoke crack or weed,

but come oo, why the break-up self>>>>?
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by kwibus7: 12:00am On Sep 12, 2009
ring MY PRECCCCCIOUSSSSSSS, you mussssst bbeeee KIDDINNGGGG!!!!!!

Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by CrazyMan(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2009
Oh! my dear gollum; I really love that guy smiley
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by tRoOE(f): 4:15am On Sep 15, 2009
Will pawn the damn ring
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by gifty99200(f): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2009
ring ? Back to sender to aviod hinderance abeg.
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by sayso: 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2009
pls give it back
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 12:54pm On Sep 15, 2009
return wetin? keep for useless memory?i dey mad? nah to go wuse market go sell am sharp sharp to my customer and take buy a nice pendant for my lovely neck(i go add money if the money no do) be dat oo
Re: After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? by foyeks2001(f): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2009
the ring don enter voicemail be dat oo, na reward for heartbreak i collect and besides for the do do wey e don do me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Things Men Find Unattractive In Women / Am Confused, My Girlfriend Confessed That She Slept With Our Boss! / Exchanging Saliva During Kissing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.