Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. (7246 Views)

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by roughdiamond(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2017
Good day nairalanders. Please I have been really working on a country to settle in and do business after my Youth Service come April next month. I just checked and my POP is fast approaching, so I need to intensify my efforts not only in decision making but arrangements as well. I wouldn't want to submit applications for any job. Want to head to business straight. I have read and researched about the two countries (Ghana & Ivory Coast) but need views from people who have had experiences about the two countries. Which between the two countries will be better to settle in and do business.
Please try to elaborate as much as you can.
Thanks.
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by rheether(f): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2017
Nigeria is the best but if you still insist, Ivory Coast is better. Or better still Cotonou.

5 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by dandollaz: 8:29am On Mar 25, 2017
Ivory coast will be better but you will learn French first before you settle in
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by roughdiamond(m): 8:44am On Mar 25, 2017
@ rheether, honestly I don't have a single believe in Nigeria (individual something though).
@dandollaz, that language barrier is why I am strongly considering Ghana. Though I can take French classes, download translation apps and study French books too. Thanks for your contributions.
I need more detailed explanation on the two.
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Ugosample(m): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2017
roughdiamond:
Good day nairalanders. Please I have been really working on a country to settle in and do business after my Youth Service come April next month. I just checked and my POP is fast approaching, so I need to intensify my efforts not only in decision making but arrangements as well. I wouldn't want to submit applications for any job. Want to head to business straight. I have read and researched about the two countries (Ghana & Ivory Coast) but need views from people who have had experiences about the two countries. Which between the two countries will be better to settle in and do business.
Please try to elaborate as much as you can.
Thanks.

I would recommend Abidjan..

Not that Ghana is bad, but it's expensive, and money finishes very fast there (Especially in Accra and Cape Coast)

But in Ivory coast, il faut parler Français là......

But if you are determined, you will learn.

Think and think very well before relocating, as relocating is not a joke.
People who just take the plunge suffer a lot.

4 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by roughdiamond(m): 11:12pm On Mar 25, 2017
Ugosample:

I would recommend Abidjan..

Not that Ghana is bad, but it's expensive, and money finishes very fast there (Especially in Accra and Cape Coast)

But in Ivory coast, il faut parler Français là......

But if you are determined, you will learn.

Think and think very well before relocating, as relocating is not a joke.
People who just take the plunge suffer a lot.

Thanks for your contribution dear. You really did well on Traveling to Abidjan tread. I learnt a lot from there. I really would like to visit Abdijan even if not for business but I don't have anybody there and hotel will gulf much on my budget. I have people in Ghana which is why I included her in my list. I brought it here that I may have a wider view and take decision.
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 26, 2017
roughdiamond:
@ rheether, honestly I don't have a single believe in Nigeria (individual something though).
@dandollaz, that language barrier is why I am strongly considering Ghana. Though I can take French classes, download translation apps and study French books too. Thanks for your contributions.

You're looking at this the wrong way.

I believe that you believe in Nigeria but just not in the leaders. You can carve out your own successful way here much easily than in either countries that you mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by dandollaz: 7:54am On Mar 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're looking at this the wrong way.

I believe that you believe in Nigeria but just in the leaders. You can carve out your own successful way here much easily than in either countries that you mentioned.
There is a lot of competition in Nigeria market. If you don't have huge capital pls don't start business in Nigeria now.

Ghana is a good ground but they use tax to push Nigerians out.

Ivory coast is a virgin land because there economy is strong n stable and a lot to explore. Trust me have been to both country.
Most Guys in ivory coast came with nylon bag and are doing OK.if only you avoid women the sky is ur limit grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
dandollaz:

There is a lot of competition in Nigeria market. If you don't have huge capital pls don't start business in Nigeria now.

Ivory coast is a virgin land because there economy is strong n stable and a lot to explore. Trust me have been to both country.
Most Guys in ivory coast came with nylon bag and are doing OK.if only you avoid women the sky is ur limit grin

There's of course competition in business all over the world.

The key to a successful business is not necessarily huge capital, its prudence in carving out a niche, from finding a need and providing a solution to it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by cocaineaddict(m): 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
dandollaz:

Liberia is still another underestimated and untapped country. They are less than 5million population wise. Op try Liberia

1 Like

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by cocaineaddict(m): 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
dandollaz:

Liberia is still another underestimated and untapped country. They are less than 5million population wise. Op try Liberia. And no language problems

1 Like

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by magnificient7: 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
cocaineaddict:

Liberia is still another underestimated and untapped country. They are less than 5million population wise. Op try Liberia. And no language problems

but how could you have better opportunities from a country whose population is 5 million when compared to a country with 180 million people ¿¿¿¿

just asking though?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by cocaineaddict(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
magnificient7:

but how could you have better opportunities from a country whose population is 5 million when compared to a country with 180 million people ¿¿¿¿

just asking though?
Their is not much competition over there unlike in Nigeria. And with your nigerian sense you can easily make it there
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by dandollaz: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

There's course competition in business all over the world.

The key to a successful business is not necessarily huge capital, its prudence in carving out a niche, from ndung a need and providing a solution to it.
I be nwafor Igbo its completely lie there is competition in all round.let me give you example; you can start biz in Lagos with 1m and still not sufficient and if not careful u might lose the capital while you start same biz in gombe in less than six month you double the money.so u see that location matters a lot in starting biz

3 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
dandollaz:

I be nwafor Igbo its completely lie there is competition in all round.let me give you example; you can start biz in Lagos with 1m and still not sufficient and if not careful u might lose the capital while you start same biz in gombe in less than six month you double the money.so u see that location matters a lot in starting biz

You are paraphrasing what I just said. At last count, Gombe and Lagos are in the same Nigeria. Does it have to be in Lagos?

How much will it cost to start a farm in a village that still has close proximity to consumers?

Isn't it the same Nigeria that people are clamoring for Togolese home artisans? How many Ghanaians are in the same Nigeria doing business?

Isn't Dangote in Nigeria? Does he have two heads? When he started he didn't start with huge sums, relatively.

Our problem is that we like to do initial gra gra in all our dealings. Imagine a friend that I asked to submit a business proposal for me to fund his business startup and he then included a personal car and driver in it? WTF?

5 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by dandollaz: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are paraphrasing what I just said. At last count, Gombe and Lagos are in the same Nigeria. Does it have to be in Lagos?

How much will it cost to start a farm in a village that still has close proximity to consumers?

Isn't it the same Nigeria that people are clamoring for Togolese home artisans? How many Ghanaians are in the same Nigeria doing business?

Isn't Dangote in Nigeria? Does he have two heads? When he started he didn't start with huge sums, relatively.

Our problem is that we like to do initial gra gra in all our dealings. Imagine a friend that I asked to submit a business proposal for me to fund his business startup and he then included a personal car and driver in it? WTF?
Forget grammar biz is not good in Nigeria now

1 Like

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
dandollaz:

Forget grammar biz is not good in Nigeria now

Grammar could be important, depending on what business one is into. Maybe that explains why some unserious businesses fail.

2 Likes

Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by don4real18(m): 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2017
Thanks a lot
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Dnegrose11: 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2019
Pis can we chat on facebook with dis name..echu Abel
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Dnegrose11: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2019
Pis can we chat on facebook with dis name..echu Abel ..i want to visit
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by roughdiamond(m): 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2019
Dnegrose11:
Pis can we chat on facebook with dis name..echu Abel ..i want to visit
please write here. Ask whatever you want to know and I will help. Remember to mention me. Thanks
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by horlajay: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2020
roughdiamond:
please write here. Ask whatever you want to know and I will help. Remember to mention me. Thanks

Hi. Hope Abidjan is treating you well grin
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Donmegalin(m): 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
roughdiamond:
..bro what type business can one start in abidjan based on the demand there
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by Samsoncloe: 9:09am On Aug 26, 2021
hOW DO I APPLY FOR IVORY COAST VISA AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS. samsoncloe6@gmail.com
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by ejiro346(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
How easy it is to start a church over there;
How easy it is to acquire a land and build over there
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by staga: 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2021
roughdiamond:

Ghana is a hostile country for business. Forget the place.
Re: Between Ivory Coast And Ghana, Which Is Better For Business. by saysugar(m): 9:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
Is there Uber business in Abidjan

(1) (Reply)

Every Things About South Africa / Green Africa Airline Ticket Booking Is A Scam / Getting Another Nigerian E-passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.