Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (75003 Views)

Choices: Another Perspective / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Choices And Chances - Episode 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by yeeshanana(f): 1:57pm On May 30, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Chai, sorry, just got back from the hospital. Had a mouth surgery, a little part of my gum was cut off, so now I'm just dreading the anesthesia wearing off cause the pain will kick in soon. But I will update soon

Eyah Sorry Dear. The lord is your strength
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 2:13pm On May 30, 2017
yeeshanana:

Eyah Sorry Dear. The lord is your strength

Amen
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Shakyroh320(f): 2:25pm On May 30, 2017
His grace is ur strenght,expecting the update

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by VeeAbuede(f): 2:37pm On May 30, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Chai, sorry, just got back from the hospital. Had a mouth surgery, a little part of my gum was cut off, so now I'm just dreading the anesthesia wearing off cause the pain will kick in soon. But I will update soon

sorry Lily, please take care of yourself for our sakes...:-)
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Ejimchiglo: 2:43pm On May 30, 2017
Maybe cos she has not gotten a baby yet.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by chiboyo(m): 3:34pm On May 30, 2017
Touching!!!

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 3:35pm On May 30, 2017
Sorry dear.....stay strong...plz let me knw when u update thanks

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by bossy512(f): 4:59pm On May 30, 2017
Sorry my sister, the Lord is ur strength, pls take care

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Ejimchiglo: 5:02pm On May 30, 2017
Waooo loving this story .
All the best.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:31pm On May 30, 2017
“How did you get that?” he gritted out.

“I saw it in your room when I was cleaning up, and I asked Dr Jeremiah about it”. I saw his face go from rage to that of giving up. He sighed and ran his hands through his head

“Were you ever going to tell me?” it came out more of a whisper than I intended but he remained quiet, his back to me

“Daniel?” I moved to touch his shoulder and he turned abruptly

“I wouldn't have” he confessed. “I was going to to put it off until......

“We got divorced” I completed his sentence and his eyes connected with mine. I could see the different emotions swirling in them, but mostly I could see the pain even as he tried hard to hide it

“That's why you want a divorce”. It all made sense now. “You'd rather not tell me and suffer it all alone, than put down your ego and let me in” he remained still, as if lost of words and I could tell he didn't need words to describe what he was feeling. I could see it his eyes

“It's not your fault you got sick, you didn't know” I placed my palm on his cheek and he leaned in unconsciously to my touch

“You see, that's the thing Regina” he pulled my hand away from his face. “I knew I was sick even before I married you. I never meant for it to happen. I never meant to fall crazy in love with you. You were this beacon of hope and I didn't know I needed that until I met you. He let out a wry smile “Many people passed by Regina, but no one cared enough to even ask what was going on. Then there you were trying to bail out someone you knew nothing about. And then I couldn't help it, I wanted to know you more, cause your smile, God your smile, it melted my heart. I wanted to see it everyday, hold your hands and just....

I was already brawling hearing those words from him. All these while I thought I was the reason, but the reason was even beyond us

“I didn't know any other way” he whispered

“I would stay” I stated. “I wouldn't even think twice about it” I sniffled

“That's what I was afraid of. I don't want that for you Regina. I want you to have a life, have someone to be there for you, kids around you and someone who would make it his life goal to always make that smile of yours glow all the time

“You don't get to make the choice for me”

“You don't get it Regina”

“No, actually I do”. I swiped my tears away with the back of my palm. “I know you're trying to right your wrong by pushing me away, but your wrong, it can't be undone. It's going to eat you up and I'm probably going to be miserable for the rest of my life if I leave. I won't be able to live without you don't you get it?

“Regina....

“No, hear me out” I yelled “I knew what I was getting into when I said yes, when I walked down that aisle, and when I made that vow. I don't care what forces is trying to break that but I'd rather those forces than you trying to break us up. I love you, and I don't care that you're sick, it doesn't change anything, you should know, you'd been pushing me away all these while. I'm not going anywhere, you're stuck with me. You better believe that and.....

I was cut off when he cupped with my face and planted his lips on mine

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:33pm On May 30, 2017
VeeAbuede:

sorry Lily, please take care of yourself for our sakes...:-)

Thank you so much
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:34pm On May 30, 2017
Eyinimofeoluwa:
Sorry dear.....stay strong...plz let me knw when u update thanks

Thanks. I've updated
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:34pm On May 30, 2017
bossy512:
Sorry my sister, the Lord is ur strength, pls take care

Thank you
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by VeeAbuede(f): 5:49pm On May 30, 2017
lily thanks for the update...this story is 'sweeting' me no be small...

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by swanky47(f): 6:09pm On May 30, 2017
Wow... Ur story is quite interesting.... Can't wait for the next update... Get well soon ma'am

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Ejimchiglo: 6:17pm On May 30, 2017
Sorry dearie you are healed in Jesus name Amen.
Am in love with this story .

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by crislyn(f): 6:47pm On May 30, 2017
Lilyjoe567:

Ewo I'm so sorry dear...plz take your time, we understand.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by yeeshanana(f): 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
Eyah. Daniel Pele o

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by StephenJobs(m): 11:02pm On May 30, 2017
Woow......dis is epic, u are a suspense slay queen. U have succeeded in changing my mood (calm N touched). TRUE LOVE DO EXIST. I just saw the page today n I was glue till d end. U are a gifted child dear. Well done, I respect u die. Wish u quick recovery....
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Shakyroh320(f): 6:32am On May 31, 2017
so now,I can see that Regina is making her choice and taking her chances, I just hope it work for her.hope u are much better dear?
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:43am On May 31, 2017
StephenJobs:
Woow......dis is epic, u are a suspense slay queen. U have succeeded in changing my mood (calm N touched). TRUE LOVE DO EXIST. I just saw the page today n I was glue till d end. U are a gifted child dear. Well done, I respect u die. Wish u quick recovery....

Thank you so much, I appreciate it
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 7:44am On May 31, 2017
Shakyroh320:
so now,I can see that Regina is making her choice and taking her chances, I just hope it work for her.hope u are much better dear?

Couldn't have said it better myself. And thanks, I'm getting better

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by cherpret: 8:52am On May 31, 2017
great story lily. God bless you

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by EvaJael(f): 11:17am On May 31, 2017
Eya...it's heart touching

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by VeeAbuede(f): 4:30pm On May 31, 2017
Hi Lily, how're you feeling today? Trust you're fine? Just checking on you. Take care....

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 5:17pm On May 31, 2017
VeeAbuede:
Hi Lily, how're you feeling today? Trust you're fine? Just checking on you. Take care....

Thank you, I'm fine now and I'll update soon
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Twinkle004(f): 6:06pm On May 31, 2017
Lilyjoe567 good works.....
At 1st, I thought it was a story of infidelity but has I read on, I understand that is a story of undying love,a story of 'For Better, for worse'.
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Twinkle004(f): 6:07pm On May 31, 2017
Lilyjoe567 good works..... Hope you are okay now.
At 1st, I thought it was a story of infidelity but has I read on, I understand that is a story of undying love,a story of 'For Better, for worse'.

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by tibfarms(m): 10:57pm On May 31, 2017
wow gal you rocked me off my feet
this is so so lovely keep it comming
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by WHOcarex: 11:04pm On May 31, 2017
Alright
Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 11:38pm On May 31, 2017
“I love you too” he pulled away for us to catch our breaths “I'm sorry I've been pushing you away, I just don't want you to be affected when something happens to me. I want what's best for you and even though I messed up by getting you into my life when I knew what was going on, and at first I regretted it but now, not so much. I just can't bear to lose you even though I was trying so hard to do so” he looked so vulnerable as he said the words and it broke my heart. He is sick and all he cares about is how it'll affect me

“You're not going to lose me” I cupped his face as our eyes locked. “We're going to fight this, okay?”

I saw his eyes fell and he pulled my hands away from his face. “Regina, I know you think we can, but we can't. This is beyond us. It's bad Regina, and it's only going to get worse. And Dr Jeremiah already said....

“I don't care what Dr Jeremiah said” I cut him off. “I don't care. You have me here, and I believe we'll fight this, together.

He smiled briefly and nodded. We both knew we probably didn't stand a chance at winning this, but we needed the hope. Our gazes locked and it felt intense at the moment and before I could register what was happening, he lifted me up and kissed me, not minding my wet clothes and alcohol breath. And instinctly my legs went round his torso and my hands snaked his neck as I deepened the kiss. He bit on my lower lip drawing a moan from me and I felt him smile on my lips, as I fought the urge not to roll my eyes but was too consumed with our make out. He guided us to his room not breaking the kiss, as we continued our lovely bliss

I woke up and felt a body pressed to me, and a hand draped over my waist. I blinked confused before events of last night came pouring in. I smiled and looked up to his sleeping figure. Light snores escaped his nostrils and he looked so peaceful. I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead before carefully removing his hands of my waist as not to wake him. I gently got off the bed and made my way across the room and opened the door to leave, but not before glancing briefly at him before closing the door after me

I got into the shower and had a well deserved shower as soon as I got into my room. The water cascaded down my body relinquishing my tense nerves. The events felt too unreal, but infact was real, and I could feel it on my lips, the tingle from the kisses. My hand instinctly went to trace my lower lip as my mind trailed off to how he traced gentle kisses down my neck, to my belly and down my thighs and..... I shook away the thoughts, turned off the shower and got off after I fished soaping. I dried up and threw in a short and one of Daniel's old T-shirt before making my way to the kitchen to make breakfast

An hour later, I was done, and was making the table when he walked in, clad in a suit and briefcase in hand, and he looked dashing.

“Morning” I greeted “Sleep well?” I made to walk over to his side

“Well, I woke up and you weren't by my side” he feigned a frown, causing me to smile

“Sorry, I had to shower and make breakfast” I placed a kiss on his lips and snaked my hands round his waist.“How are you feeling?”

“Feeling better already” he smirked and I resisted to urge to kiss him again, but I guess I didn't need to cause he tipped down and took my lips in his before pulling away

“I made breakfast, come eat” I pulled away from him but didn't miss how his face fell and he suddenly seemed gloomy. But he sat and took a spoonful, his eyes widening in a questioning manner

“Dr Jeremiah told me you're losing your sense of taste, so I made it a lot tastier so you could feel the taste a bit”

“Thank you, and I love you” he smiled

“I love you too”

We sat and ate, and soon after he got up and straightened his suit. He has to go to work, and I was beginning to miss him already. I guess he could sense it when he pulled me close and hugged me as I got up too

“You need to go to work too” he whispered and I nodded over his shoulders even if he can't see me, because I couldn't talk at the moment. He pulled away and I let him go. “Be careful” I yelled after him when he opened the front door to leave.

“You too” he yelled back and closed the door. I cleared up and and went ahead to have a quick change of clothes as I was already running late. I finished and went down, waving at John as I drove out the compound to work

The days were everything I've always wanted and more. Daniel became more loving and decided not to push me away anymore and accepted that I was here to stay. We laughed and fought for the silliest of reasons and make up almost immediately. We tried not to dwell on his sickness and looked ahead of us, and just enjoyed each other's company

“We should go on a vacation” I smiled over the phone as I made my way out of the office

“We should, When should we?”

“I don't know, maybe I'll take an excuse from my boss, he's really fond of me” I felt Daniel go silent on the other line as I opened my car, got in and sat down

“Daniel?” I called out, worried he hung up

“Should I be worried?”

I laughed about how he was being worried about nothing

“He just likes that I take my work serious, and having done anything to ruin his trust yet that's all, no need to get jealous” I teased and heard him breath out in relieve. Men.... I shook my head smiling

“When will you get home?”

“Soon, I'm leaving the office now”

“Okay. I love you”

“I love you too”

I hung up and started the car and headed home smiling. I drove in as John opened the gate. He greeted me and I replied before walking inside

“Honey I'm home” I yelled as I opened the door and placed my bag on the table. But there was silence. My brows furrowed, confused if he didn't hear me and went inside calling out for him, bus still got no reply. I was getting a bit worried now, as I made my way to our room. We started sharing a room and he got my things into his room, smiling to myself when he brought up the idea. I shook the thoughts away as I focused on finding him. I opened the door, ready to call his name again when a gasp escaped my mouth

“Daniel” I whimpered and rushed over to his side. He was lying motionless on the ground, and his pulse was barely there

1 Like

Re: CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) by Lilyjoe567(f): 11:44pm On May 31, 2017
tibfarms:
wow gal you rocked me off my feet
this is so so lovely keep it comming

Glad you like it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.