Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby (33352 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Cautions Pastor Enenche Over Glory Dome Dedication / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Dunamis Glory Dome Dedication In Abuja / The Dedication Of Glory Dome, Dunamis Headquarters In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by pacesetter247(f): 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
sainty2k3:
Accept the church offer and move on. It seems like condemnation but I believe they are doing this not because of you but to portray a level of moral standards for the church.
God has forgiven you, no one can condemn you. move on with Christ
Very well said, @ OP since it's the church's doctrine I will advise you go with them, It's not about you but the standards they are trying to uphold open or private dedication does not make your child more or less of a child of God, we are equal in His sight. Congratulations on the birth of your awesome gift may he grow to be a great difference in his generation. N.B Do not let anything or anyone make you feel sad, you are the sole determinant of your joy. Stay blessed
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by akpanbaba: 12:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
Why are you blaming the church when the man of the house has accepted what the church instructed.?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by ganiladworld: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Folks we will continue to deceive ourselves with this religion thing. if your god is a all forgiving one why is the church acting contrary to what the the scripture says. if you want peace of mind for yourself & happiness for your child dump religion,pray to your god in the corner of your room.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by obinoral1179(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
Yes,Jesus came not to condemn the world.Why did Jesus whip and chase out those who traded in the temple?Mathew 21:12
There is a place for forgiveness but there's a place for punishments too.There's a balance.

Remember at the end of this life,Jesus is going to be the greatest Judge.
I assume the church punish the couple by not allowing them to marry at the church, but why do same to the young boy..... But did they ask the family to be paying their offering and tithe in private?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by CDCEO001: 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls change church!!
Your husband is making a mistake to accept that.
Is they dedicate every child like that, then no problem.
How dare them to treat innocent children like that?
Every child deserves to be celebrated.

If you really want to dedicate your own child like they dedicate other children in the church, do not accept it.
Though openly or private dedication don't change anything in the child....i think is all about celebration. But they should dedicate every child the same way.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
obinoral1179:
I assume the church punish the couple by not allowing them to marry at the church, but why do same to the young boy..... But did they ask the family to be paying their offering and tithe in private?
I hope you know the boy knows nothing about what is going on now.The parents are the ones who know and are being punished.

You assume the family even pay tithes or you are sure?
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by lele007: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
dingbang:
Do not go to a church that you aren't welcome, forThe house of the lord is not meant for righteous people. They are hypocrites in his sight.

this is bad advice.

op, learn that being a Christian is about submitting to authority. if you had submitted to God,s word u would not have conceived that child in that manner in the first place, and ur anger on this issue shows u are still quite "stiffnecked" as God would put it.

learn to submit. it's not about innocence of a child or ur "sin", just submit and be happy.

frankly, d pastor doesn't owe u any explanation, because he expects u should understand.

please just learn to give in to God and to God's people. we all need to.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
obinoral1179:
the prostitute woman was caught in the act of adultery and jesus forgave her.... Jesus came not to condemned the world but to save the world. Jesus was not judgmental but our churches today have taken the post of God... Thank God men where not God.
Jesus is not judgemental but punished when He had to.There are principles and rules guiding our living.Without them,it becomes a lawless society.
When Jesus forgave the prostitute,He didn't say let's throw a party for her,He admonished her to go and sin no more.
We need to know how to exercise the word.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 1:38pm On Mar 27, 2017
Shygirl1989:

God bless you a thousand times.........an innocent child is being deined his Godly rights because of a silly rule that he had no hand in. What the blazes is even closed dedication sef..
If a man who is HIV positive sleeps with a woman who is also HIV positive,they will have a child who is HIV positive.The child is 'innocent' here but is affected by the actions of his/her parents.
As it is biologically/physically,so is it spiritually.The child is indeed innocent and is even unaware of what is going on.The parents are the ones facing the action here.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by blowedfish: 1:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
How about you dedicate your child to God yourself? A mother's prayer is the ultimate; you are more connected to your child than anyone. God bless you and your family.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
JerryTemi:
please I indulge all of us to keep sentiment aside and put yourself in her shoe how will you behave? forget following the church rules and regulations please if you were her how will you handle this? when my only brother was sick,when I mean sick very sick and I needed help from my church as a worker in that church and the church said I should come back that they want to verify if my brother is a member but me that is a worker can't you look at me and do it for me,am not just a worker,I do other things for us in CHURCH, but when they couldn't help me and my brother died, Jesus I lost the respect I have for Churches, I see it as a place people look for saints,money and members. Ma I will tell you nothing but the truth,none of them not even the pastor have the right to condemn you,Jesus died on the cross for people like me and you, I keep them that nobody has the audacity to judge me because you are not in any way better than me,the things they do in secret if you hear it you will no that we are saint close to the door of heaven. Take your baby to another Church and dedicate him but from your house tell your baby who he is, bless him,pray for him.Assume you did abortion
that would have made you the best Christian Abi?Have this at the back of your mind Nigerians practice RELIGION NOT Christianity. kiss your boy for and tell him that I love him and his welcome.
Best answer so far. If not that catholic protocol is long I would have advices you go to catholic but before you finish all is required of you your baby would have been 11 months or so
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Rayes3: 5:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
OP, I really don't see an issue here. The important thing is for your child to be dedicated. It doesn't matter if it is public or private. This is a spiritual exercise and should be done as such. you are positive your sin of fornication is forgiven, why are you still holding on to it? why are you seeing the decision of the church as a punishment for your sin? Let go of your pride,anger,show off and bitterness and embrace humility. Go ahead and dedicate your baby in a private and spiritual way. God bless you and your baby. And congratulations in advance on Your baby's dedication.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by SIRTee15: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
If a man who is HIV positive sleeps with a woman who is also HIV positive,they will have a child who is HIV positive.The child is 'innocent' here but is affected by the actions of his/her parents.
As it is biologically/physically,so is it spiritually.The child is indeed innocent and is even unaware of what is going on.The parents are the ones facing the action here.

Say what u know.....
It's very much possible for a HIV positive mother to give birth to a HIV negative child......
Go and read about prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and it's high success rate.....
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Turbocharged: 7:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
dingbang:
Do not go to a church that you aren't welcome, forThe house of the lord is not meant for righteous people. They are hypocrites in his sight.

Livie2016
The advice in quote sounds good to the ears, just like the apple in the Garden of Eden was pleasant to behold and desirable to eat. It is from the Pit of Hell.
I sense that u are someone who loves God and the things of God. The 1st thing I will advise u is to ALWAYS RESIST THE TEMPTATION OF TAKING SPIRITUAL MATTERS TO THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION. The Devil is always the Judge there.
I dont think your church made the rule just because of ur case. It could be a long standing doctrine of ur church, so dont expect them to just change it because of you.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by kikelomojessy(f): 7:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
Pls stop bordering ursef over child-dedication joor. None of us in my house was dedicated and God has been faithful to each one of us cos we all have come to know him from our early years. Even after dedication u dnt teach ur child the way of God, he/she will still be out of the light. My view is dedication or not dosnt do any harm to ur child.

But u can go ahead and dedicate secretly if u feel it adds to ur child closeness to God.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Ubenedictus(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
iyke926:

I don't want to say this but I smell Catholic Church.

Some people were born into this world without dedication. As they grow, the dedicate their lives to God. I still "re-dedicate" my life once in a while. And like what AgbenuAnna said, dedication doesn't necessarily mean the child must know God.

So I think you can go to any true Church that preaches the word of God and dedicate your child to God.
It is not catholic, we dnt discriminate against babies.

1 Like

Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
SIRTee15:

Say what u know.....
It's very much possible for a HIV positive mother to give birth to a HIV negative child......
Go and read about prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and it's high success rate.....
I used that just as a hypothetical case and not trying to talk about whether HIV mothers cannot have HIV babies.
Of course I know that.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by donnie(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
Some so-called christians say she should dedicate the baby herself. What arrogance. No wonder the church is still where it is today...having a form of godliness without power.

God despises such pride and arrogance.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 11:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
thorpido:
That's why a ,church should play God and refuse to dedicate a child in full view of Gods people....wehdonesir.....
If you understand the reason for dedicating a child you will immediately see the error in the churches stance.
They are wrong..........
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 9:24am On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

That's why a ,church should play God and refuse to dedicate a child in full view of Gods people....wehdonesir.....
If you understand the reason for dedicating a child you will immediately see the error in the churches stance.
They are wrong..........
I'm sure you read that the Church was going to dedicate the baby(or did you miss that part) ......but privately.
The Church is God's representation on earth and there are rules and regulations in the Church.They are not playing God,God plays through them.
They never said they were not dedicating!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2017
thorpido:
I'm sure you read that the Church was going to dedicate the baby(or did you miss that part) ......but privately.
The Church is God's representation on earth and there are rules and regulations in the Church.They are not playing God,God plays through them.
They never said they were not dedicating!
It shouldn't be done privately, period...your can't give conditions to carryout Gods work. If you're dedicating a child do it in the presence on the congregation.
Pastors should STOP playing God.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 11:38am On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

It shouldn't be done privately, period...your can't give conditions to carryout Gods work. If you're dedicating a child do it in the presence on the congregation.
Pastors should STOP playing God.
You may not believe in rules and order but that doesn't change anything.There are conditions for having a dedication in front of the congregation.The Op and her husband didn't meet that condition,period.
God has given people here on the earth His authority to exercise.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 3:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
thorpido:
You may not believe in rules and order but that doesn't change anything.There are conditions for having a dedication in front of the congregation.The Op and her husband didn't meet that condition,period.
God has given people here on the earth His authority to exercise.
I hope when their own children fall prey,they would do same.....they are not God and should stop playing his role.their job is to guide not laud authority over others.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

I hope when their own children fall prey,they would do same.....they are not God and should stop playing his role.their job is to guide not laud authority over others.
When their own children fail,they get the same treatment.I've seen that happen.
Leaders guide and exercise authority and punishments.Moses was not God,yet he exercised authority and judgement.Learn the scriptures.
I hope you plan to be a leader one day.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 7:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
thorpido:
When their own children fail,they get the same treatment.I've seen that happen.
Leaders guide and exercise authority and punishments.Moses was not God,yet he exercised authority and judgement.Learn the scriptures.
I hope you plan to be a leader one day.
I'm a leader already both at work and in my church and I don't laud it over people when they've done wrong.
Quit trying to win me over to your views.I'm entitled to mine and I'm sticking to it because I know its true and just.
Keep your opinions to yourself please.
Thank you
Have a nice day.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

I'm a leader already both at work and in my church and I don't laud it over people when they've done wrong.
Quit trying to win me over to your views.I'm entitled to mine and I'm sticking to it because I know its true and just.
Keep your opinions to yourself please.
Thank you
Have a nice day.
You obviously don't know about rules and punishments.If you are a leader at work as you say,why do we have queries?Why do we have suspensions?
I'm not trying to win you over,just showing you why rules govern establishments and the need to.
Of course you are entitled to your opinions but you should have exercised the wisdom in knowing that you should keep your opinions to yourself before quoting me. undecided
Have a nice day.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
thorpido:
You obviously don't know about rules and punishments.If you are a leader at work as you say,why do we have queries?Why do we have suspensions?
I'm not trying to win you over,just showing you why rules govern establishments and the need to.
Of course you are entitled to your opinions but you should have exercised the wisdom in knowing that you should keep your opinions to yourself before quoting me. undecided
Have a nice day.
You did, I didn't.
I follow and implement useful and humane rules not silly rules that serve no purpose.except.to cause hurt and breed hatred.
Pls don't quote me.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

You did, I didn't.
I follow and implement useful and humane rules not silly rules that serve no purpose.except.to cause hurt and breed hatred.
Pls don't quote me.
Shygirl1989:

They are wrong..........
Are you a liar too or forgetful?That was your first quote of my comment.
You're ignorant about rules and regulations.People get suspended at work,get demoted and even fired.it has nothing to do with causing hatred.To you they may be silly rules,it doesn't change anything.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Shygirl1989(f): 8:42pm On Mar 28, 2017
thorpido:
Are you a liar too or forgetful?That was your first quote of my comment.
You're ignorant about rules and regulations.People get suspended at work,get demoted and even fired.it has nothing to do with causing hatred.To you they may be silly rules,it doesn't change anything.
See me see wahalah oo,I commented on someone's post and you decided to quote me ,I've told you stop quoting me. If you like follow yeye rules that's your business. I'm entitled to my opinions.stop foisting your silly opinions on me.
The rule is SIlly,of you don't like it go jump off a bridge.or better still sue me....
STOP QUOTING me or I report and get you blocked
Jeez mahn!!!!
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by Emycord: 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2017
Gloriagee:
Penance for her, not the child na
who is doing the dedication the child or the mother? If the child, is complaining? Why is she complain on the child,s behalf if its her then she should bear the penance of her misconduct when the child grow up he can carry his own cross
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by NoToPile: 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
I wonder why people are shouting discrination, is it because you are not dancing to the front? I would shout discrimination if they decide not to dedicate the boy at all.

If there are no rules, there will be no offences.

First of for most a lot of churches won't even solemnize you if you have had sex before the marriage, what some may do is discipline you and then they do church blessing. People seem to forget For every sin you commit there are consequences even after you have repented and forgiven,

if your church rule is no open dedication. (Which I believe its to serve as an example to others, because the next thing will be arrh sebi sis xyz did it and they dedicated her baby openly so now its my turn and they are doing double standard) do the closed dedication, it doesn't make your child less dedicated to God.

I have heared of a church that won't announce the birth of children born out of wedlock on the altar, but they will come and do proper naming ceremony if you invite them because the child is innocent should we say those ones too discriminate by not announcing the baby's birth on the altar?

There are standards that need to be met.

I don't think there's anything against the bible in what they did. Dedication is dedication either open or closed.
Re: Church Refusing To Have Open Dedication For My Baby by thorpido(m): 9:59pm On Mar 28, 2017
Shygirl1989:

See me see wahalah oo,I commented on someone's post and you decided to quote me ,I've told you stop quoting me. If you like follow yeye rules that's your business. I'm entitled to my opinions.stop foisting your silly opinions on me.
The rule is SIlly,of you don't like it go jump off a bridge.or better still sue me....
STOP QUOTING me or I report and get you blocked
Jeez mahn!!!!
You're not humble,no wonder you do not regard authorities.And you say you're a leader?smh.
You quoted me first and you can't be humble enough to admit it.

Get me blocked?Na you own nairaland?smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman On Ladies Praying For Husband But Demand For Iphone On Meeting O / 7 Reasons It Is Better You Stay At Home Today / Let’s Break Nigeria, Amalgamation Erroneous – Methodist Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.