Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? (10967 Views)

Mothering Sunday: Today Is Mother's Day, Celebrate Your Mom! / History Of Mothering Sunday / How A Nairalander Celebrated The Mother's Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by menxer: 12:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mothers' day
Mothering day
Murderers' day

I celebrate all the brave women that born, aborted and/or took care of the mess in our lives.

You may not be called to the podium for an award,
but we will never forget the risk you took:
going to the Labour room, in that midwife's backyard
going to the operating room, for the CS
going to that (quack) doctor for the D&C

You gave us an heir
You took away the shame
You made us, your men, proud
We are proud of you.
Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by DonMekino(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
who the name epp just celebrate ur mum thats all...
still remember my primary sch days in the village...
the mothers from both the catholic and anglican churches would bring pans of jollof rice to us in the primary school
we go chop and chop and sing for them.....
the good old days, we are now in the days of slay mamas, baby mamas etc..
its well...all na mamas..
Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
when days like this come all I wish for is the opportunity to present my mum with car key, that's all
Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by calistus73: 1:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
ok
Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by epistleNow(m): 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2017
First time in Enugu, heard Mothering Day!
was shocked to say the least but hey that's the way they roll!

That's the original Catholic way, the other, secular.

Happy Mothering/Mother's Day to beautiful ladies making the world spin right!
Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by awoluyi(m): 3:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
I use today's celebration of Mothering day to prophesy to every womb that is barren, that such womb be set loose and bear fruits to the glory of Jehovah God. By this time next year, there shall be testimony and celebration by every woman that is looking for the fruits of the woman. It so in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
Mothers day in the US is MAY 14TH.

Mothers day in Mexico is May 10th.

Women are so complicated they could not even settle for one day to celebrate themselves.

So WRONG....
Women (Especially mothers) are so special, one day isn't enough to celebrate them.

1 Like

Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
HungerBAD:
Mothers day in the US is MAY 14TH.

Mothers day in Mexico is May 10th.

Women are so complicated they could not even settle for one day to celebrate themselves.
Mother's day in England is 4th Sunday in lent.They were the first to began mothering Sunday

2 Likes

Re: Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? by Valfrankie(m): 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2017
Alphyno:
Hit "LIKE" if you Love Your Mother... kiss kiss kiss
Gave you my "charity" like. noticed the ministry wasn't making any progress. must have felt so bad. accept the like and treasure it, you may not get another. it's mothering Sunday, smile, be happy and enjoy some good food!
from a brother that cares!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Now Thinking Like An ATHEIST. Help!! / What Does It Mean To Take The Lord's Name In Vain? / Who Is Jesus Christ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.