Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church (29537 Views)

Is It A Sin For Married Couples To Use Condoms? / Is It A Sin For Women To Wear Trousers? / "Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Ashleydolls(f): 2:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
jumpandpas:

The same people that brought Christianity to you, has made it a law that a man can marry a man and a woman can marry a woman. Will you also follow them to do this because they brought Christianity to you. Just buy skirt and blouse for your Pastor or husband, you'll know the truth and it shall set you free.

Point of correction not the same people that brought Christianity to us, Christianity is not in support of immoral acts. Go back and check your bible
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by jumpandpas(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nasa28:

Scottish men do not wear skirts. People of Scottish heritage wear kilts as a symbol of pride for the clan to which they belong. Kilts are part of the national dress of Scotland

So as Igbo men tie wrapper, will you call it skirt?

The same way people used Sodom and Gomorrah as an example to go into evil and paid dearly.
Let us not make the word of God of non effect because of our tradition and culture.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Noooooooooo! It's a NIS.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by dailyblog(m): 2:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
Deuterenomy22v5 The woman shall not put on that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment for all that do so are abomination unto the lord thy God

Revelation22v11 -12 He that is unjust , let him be unjust still and he which is filthy let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous let him be righteous still: and he that is holy ,let him be holy still (v12) And behold I come quickly ; and my reward is with me , to give every man according as his work shall be

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by jumpandpas(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ashleydolls:
Point of correction not the same people that brought Christianity to us, Christianity is not in support of immoral acts. Go back and check your bible

Both immoral acts and immoral dressing are forbidden. A woman dressing like a man is tantamount to impersonation. How will you feel seeing your pastor or husband dressed like a woman?.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by akoko11: 2:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ashleydolls:
I don't think it is a sin cause the people that brought Christianity religion to Nigeria dress and feel comfortable in trousers. Calling it a sin is due to the over sabi nature of our people...

What will be your reaction if you see a guy wear skirts, paint his face to your church.

I noticed these days women seldomly cover their hair in churches, this trend is very bad.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by folem: 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0767765.html

Trousers in History

In Asia both women and men have long worn pants for warmth, comfort, and convenience.

In Rome and Greece women and men wore tunics.

In the fourth century, women in the Western world wore pants, which they adapted from the Persians. At that time, pants were considered unmanly.

By the Middle Ages in Europe women were wearing dresses and men were wearing breeches.

After the French Revolution, men took off their high heels, silk stockings, and wigs and began wearing trousers.

In the nineteenth century women put on trousers to ride horses, but they hid them by wearing full skirts on top.

All trousers were pull-ons until the nineteenth century, when front closures using buttons were introduced.

Jeans were the first trousers to put women and men on equal terms.

Until 1970 it was not fashionable and sometimes against the law for women to wear pants in offices, classrooms, and restaurants in the U.S.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by expozey(f): 2:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
CrEaToRmalden:

You're pained because you're GUILTY.
better change or stop calling your fvvkinq self an xtian.

Stop killing the true meaning of Christianity in an attempt to introduce new rules for you don't know how the actual rules were emanated.

Doesn't calling someone a guilty pig and using vulgar terms contribute to killing the true meaning of christianity too?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Basfaq(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Women putting up men's clothing had made the price of such clothing to be expensive. Many even dress the way men dress including wearing tie but biabia remain for dem to wear.
Is it right for women to wear man's clothing is a debate that has being going among Christian folk as some see it not bad while others condemn it. Those condemning it don't frown when men tie wrapper to weddings and other parties forgetting that it's women's clothing but will be quick to condemn men wearing skirt. They attribute them to gayism but they forget that some countries allow their men to wear skirt. Should women wear trouser? The answer is based on their conviction and relationship with the holy spirit that's why it's advisable for all to seek the holy spirit for clarity not what men think. Because they tend to attach their culture to some doctrines they practice
Is holy spirit that is going to guide you or you should follow what your bible said. shocked
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by stagamagadasca(f): 3:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
I used to think it was sin,,,,until I came across a book by name---- dress Origin...it was written by a Scottish professor... I understood that the first to customize and wear trouser in a farm is was a woman..that's to say the real owners of trousers are women
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Olutayojr: 3:42pm On Mar 26, 2017
Two things are involved
If you wear it it is either it is a sin or not in one word it is a 50/50 probability.
If you don't you have nothing to lose
So I would recommend the safest part
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Mhyketh(m): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
AntiWailer:
It is also a sin for pastors to wear 3 piece suits.

Read the passage u quoted very well.

Deut 22 : 11

NKJV version

The message version

Faith is in the heart and I don't think Laws in Old Testament is applicable.

The same passage talked about punishment for Anybody who sleeps with a married woman or a betrothed lady. (Death Sentence)
You just made a lot of sense, just know the truth and it shall set you free i.e Christ died for us.
We should stop selecting verses to justify crudeness and fanaticism.

It is either ALL THE LAWS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT or NONE.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by mayorwah98(m): 3:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
mhizEvangee:

are u judging based on what missionaries did? what's your standard? human or Bible. that's how many Christians have strayed away from the truth because of This is what the pastor said and that is what he said.
The Bible solely condemns wearing anything that partains to a man.
BIBLE IS OUR STANDARD PLEASE
Thank you. I love your answer

1 Like

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Aadeyinka(m): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ashleydolls:
I don't think it is a sin cause the people that brought Christianity religion to Nigeria dress and feel comfortable in trousers. Calling it a sin is due to the over sabi nature of our people...
Deuteronomy 22v5, anything belong to man used should not be used by woman, we know trousers with men, skirts for women etc
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by nzeobi(m): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jubal01:

I pity your type seriously! That your thought is exactly wat d devil wants u to think! Is sin now gender based? Trouser na trouser! Do we have a man skirt D devil has so rubbished our minds dis days dat most ppl dnt have any regard 4 God's word again!

Lord have mercy!!!
Why not tell women to stop wearing shirts,tshirts, face caps and shoes.
Stupid holier than though christians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Bible says a woman should not wear masculine clothes and vice versa. There are too types of trouser each specifically designed for a particular sex. A masculine trouser may not fit a lady properly and vice versa.
My opinion is that a lady shouldn't wear a MAN'S TROUSER and vice versa
Wait o how many times did I use vice versa?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by izobemheuwaize: 4:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
it is a sin . serve God the way he wants not the way we want.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Basfaq:
Is holy spirit that is going to guide you or you should follow what your bible said. shocked
It's the holy spirit that guides, interprets the scriptures. He's the one that convinces you and leads you. This is were most Christians are deficient in ,the follow the scriptures to the latter without understanding what it's saying. The best person to clear your doubt is the holy spirit
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Ken4Christ: 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Place order for this ebook. It contains details answers to this and other related questions

The Woman Question by Ken Macaulay.

ABOUT THE BOOK
This timely book addresses the following questions;
Should Christian Women put on trousers even to church?

Should they pray with their head uncovered?

Should they make up or put on jewelry?

Should they fix their hair or wear attachment of any kind?

Are they permitted to preach or teach in Church?

Are they subject to men in general?

Should they obey their husband in all things?

As much as it is imperative for all women professing to be Christians to dress decently, does this act of decency has to do with a particular style of dress? Is there any prescribed Biblical manner Christian Women should dress? Diverse belief on this subject is a major cause of disunity in the body of Christ today. Can the church be brought to a unity of faith on this subject? The answer is yes because the ultimate goal of the role of ministry is, “….For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ: (Ephesians 4:12-13)

What about the issue of head covering, make-up and the putting on of jewelry? This book will guide you through critical scriptural analysis of all these questions.

The argument presented in this book is substantiated by about 300 scripture references and it is therefore not the author’s personal opinion but an exposition of divine revelation.

The book is divided into two parts, Part One and Part Two. Part one exclusively deals with the issue of trousers while part two is devoted to the other questions highlighted above.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Pastor Ken Macaulay is the President of Global Word Impact Ministries, Rivers State, Nigeria. He is a Church Growth Consultant, Evangelist, Pastor, Teacher, Writer and a Motivational Speaker.
As a Church Growth consultant, he organizes periodic seminars on Church Growth for Church Leaders on subjects such as; The Cell System Dynamics, Follow-up Methodology, Dynamics of Soul Winning, Leadership Development and Church Administration.
He holds a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
He is gifted with deep insight in the word of God which is set to change the mentality of the 21st Century Church.

CONTENTS
PART ONE- Should They Put On Trousers?
CHAPTER ONE - Introduction.
CHAPTER TWO – Does the Bible forbid it?
CHAPTER THREE - Christ said He did not come to destroy the Law! What does this statement
CHAPTER FOUR – Tradition or the Word of God. Which one is more important?
CHAPTER FIVE - Women may wear it but not in church! Is it true?
CHAPTER SIX - It makes women look more seductive! Where do we place this claim?
CHAPTER SEVEN – Conclusion

PART TWO
CHAPTER EIGHT - Should they pray with their Head Uncovered?
CHAPTER NINE – Should they Make Up or Put on Jewelry?
CHAPTER TEN – Should they fix their Hair or Wear Attachment on any kind?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Should They Preach or Teach In Church?
CHAPTER TWELVE -Are They Subject To Men In General?
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Must Wives Always Obey Their Husbands?
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by talk2saintify(m): 4:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Adecks01:
my dear your Inner faith most also manifest by your outer appearance.paul emphasize decent dressing.think about it if a lady wear only pant and net-like bra to church with faith how will that her faith influence others in that same environment with naked body.besides if dressing does not matter what will distinguish a believer and unbeliever?

Really?

Jesus nor his disciples Neva worn trouser in the bible

So what and who made it a males cloth?

Let Assume trouser was first worn by females wat happens?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Joebeck(f): 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Not only in church, it is a sin for a woman to put on trousers at any time.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Leiman100(m): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I hope it's not the devil leading you into the religion you believe.
You know the devil is a good manipulator?
the devil cannot give the kind of peace my soul is enjoying
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Leiman100(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
LeView1:

Yep cheesy
He's really a Mexican and his name is pronounced Hyzuse cool
LOL!
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by dyangprof(m): 5:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
Is it a sin for a man to wear skirt to a church?

Even d women wearing trousers will judge.. So forgerrit.

bur Jesus wore gown.

its not a sin pls
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by Lexusgs430: 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Leiman100:
the devil cannot give the kind of peace my soul is enjoying

I am happy for you. But been peaceful, can be deemed very relative .........
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by DaInferno(m): 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
modelmike7:
not a sin, if it is comfortable and free

So anything comfortable and free isn't a sin
embarassed
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by FA13(m): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Let no one take God's longsuffering for weakness. He is only waiting for all to repent.
I am God, I change not.
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by ceecee0703(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
genteelo:

The fact that trousers are arranged in the female section in boutique doesn't justify it as a right thing. Am not against female putting on trousers but am against how d shape of their private part is exposed when they wear trousers, unlike men, d female will prefere to wear trousers fitted tightly to intentionally show their body shape. We've gotten to the era that people don't respect God anymore, the church is a sacred place and most be kept holy by all means. It is very wrong for a female to wear trousers to the church, it may even reduce the anointing of that church.
my broda no anointing is reduced the keyword is modesty weda trousers or skirt, weda u wear to church or work modesty. Becos our body not the church is the temple of the holy spirit

2 Likes

Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by jenavism44: 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
As,a christian,what you wear matters,but female wearing trouser to church is not a sin when it is decent,modest with soundness of mind
Re: It Is A Sin For Ladies To Put On Trousers To Church by profbabatunde: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. / 'Men That Wash Plate Don't Prosper' - Evangelist Ebuka Obi / Rep Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.