Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? (12677 Views)

"Marry Your Best Friend" - Bishop Chris Kwakpovwe Speaks On His Marital Journey / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs? / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 5:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

I have already given my answer

Hahaha

Shame no dey catch you. You are comparing your NOTalmighty god to radio waves

At least radio waves can be proven and are useful. Unlike your god

Have you been able to hold your breath for 5 minutes??
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by mytym(m): 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
durodee:
God has many names to describe His qualities and capabilities. Which one is your favourate? I heard one in church this morning that is still ringing in my spirit: AROGUNJO meaning He that continues to dance despite the noise and clamour of War! Wao!!

1. The Intangible Stimulus called LOVE.

2. God is the only Continous constant called Time.

3. God is the Absolute Singularity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by zoey4(f): 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
My life would have been worthless without this God. words alone wouldn't be enough to describe him. I call him oshi nmiri atata- the river that never runs dry, my maker and mender, a friend that sticketh more closer than a brother, odogwu akataka, eze ndi eze, chioma njemonu. indeed God is awesome

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by anaton(m): 6:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Most High

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by shigo20(m): 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2017
JEHOVAH

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by datizy(f): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
ultrazone:
Kabiyesi, Akoda Aye, Ajagunmatidi, Ajagunmaweyin, Adake dajo, Apata ayeraye, Arugbo Ojo, Atofeyinti, Alade Ogo, Asoro gbamu, Gbanigbani ni’jo ogun le, Atofarati bi oke, Oluwa awon oluwa, Aduro gboingboin lehin asotito, Afunni ma s’iregun, Agabalagba Oye, Owibee sebee, Abe ti lu kara bi ajere, Olorun ti o yipada, Ologojulo, Ogbagba ti ngb’ara adugbo, Ogbeja k’eru o ba onija, Oba toto bi aro, Akikitan, Iwo lolugbeja omo orukan, Awamaridi, Awimayehun, Jagunjagun Ode Orun, Ijinle Ife, Atererekariayeeeeeee

Mimo, Mimo, Mimo
Awesome God. Love this
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by babiwonda: 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
God of Elijah/love

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by uzilee(m): 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
the imaginary friend created by man in his quest for solitude

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Akaujaa(m): 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:

Really? You mean the same god that is always begging for tithes and offering and threatens people to send them to hell?

Tell me something undecided

To tell you something, you and I will die someday and be forgotten but future generations will keep talking about Him, the same way past generations talked about Him and worshipped Him before you were born. God exists, believe it or not.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by hahn(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
durodee:

Have you been able to hold your breath for 5 minutes??

No I can't

However,

In 2012, German freediver Tom Sietas held his breath underwater for 22 minutes and 22 seconds, besting Dane Stig Severinsen's previous Guinness record by 22 seconds. (Although Guinness still lists Severinsen as the record holder, stating he hyperventilated with oxygen before his attempt for 19 minutes and 30 seconds.)

Source: https://www.outsideonline.com/1784106/how-long-can-humans-hold-their-breath

What is your point?
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by coolie1: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
MY GOD

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by hahn(m): 6:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
Akaujaa:

To tell you something, you and I will die someday and be forgotten but future generations will keep talking about Him, the same way past generations talked about Him and worshipped Him before you were born. God exists, believe it or not.

Zeus, Horus, Odin were once "Gods" and today they are movie and comic flicks. Unfortunately, Jehovah;s story is too boring and savage to make any meaningful story movie from

Yes there will always be gods because there will always be gullible people who rely on wishful thinking and also victims of indoctrination. That does not make them real, understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by obinna58(m): 7:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
I call him the scary hidden God

So afraid of things he created
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by arctodus(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
JEHOVAH EL GOMER THE GOD THAT PERFORMS. HE'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN FOR ME THIS WEEK

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 7:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
ultrazone:
Kabiyesi, Akoda Aye, Ajagunmatidi, Ajagunmaweyin, Adake dajo, Apata ayeraye, Arugbo Ojo, Atofeyinti, Alade Ogo, Asoro gbamu, Gbanigbani ni’jo ogun le, Atofarati bi oke, Oluwa awon oluwa, Aduro gboingboin lehin asotito, Afunni ma s’iregun, Agabalagba Oye, Owibee sebee, Abe ti lu kara bi ajere, Olorun ti o yipada, Ologojulo, Ogbagba ti ngb’ara adugbo, Ogbeja k’eru o ba onija, Oba toto bi aro, Akikitan, Iwo lolugbeja omo orukan, Awamaridi, Awimayehun, Jagunjagun Ode Orun, Ijinle Ife, Atererekariayeeeeeee

Mimo, Mimo, Mimo
grin grin grin
What else to say! Ogbeja keru o ba onija!!! Awesome!! grin grin
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by zamirikpo(m): 7:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:
Jehovah the god of tragedy

It loves seeing people suffer and die of poverty and disease

Jehovah the god of suya

It can created a place where humans will burn for eternity just so it can smell suya

Jehovah the god of incompetence

It never does anything. Never around when you need it and cannot light an ordinary light bulb

Modified

Jehovah the god of confusion

Christians are so confused of their religion that they have 30,000 denominations and cannot agree with each other on the interpretations of most of the scriptures in the bible. Yes, it is Jehovah's will they remain confused

the wisdom of men is foolishness unto............

May the god lord have mercy upon ur life.

to answer the question, i call him ANCIENT OF DAYS.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by hahn(m): 7:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
zamirikpo:

the wisdom of men is foolishness unto............

May the god lord have mercy upon ur life.

to answer the question, i call him ANCIENT OF DAYS.

The wisdom of men is foolishness unto foolish men smiley

May common sense have mercy upon your life

The term "ancient of days" is meaningless and sounds stupid undecided
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by babilicious: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
durodee:
God has many names to describe His qualities and capabilities. Which one is your favourate? I heard one in church this morning that is still ringing in my spirit: AROGUNJO meaning He that continues to dance despite the noise and clamour of War! Wao!!
The Most High God..!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by FaithfulServant(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
Abba Father

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by orisa37: 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Excellence.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by mytym(m): 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Akaujaa:

Very correct.
That's why God is the only Continous Constant. #Time domain

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please atheists I don't mean to be aggressive but please read a thread and know what It could entail please mind your business. As for me God is my life there is no me without him he is the air I breathe and life I live

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by IsaacBuchi(m): 8:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
"I AM" is his name please. Are you the one dat named him Jehovah?

My friend don't be fooling yourself. What is "I AM"? Is that a name?.
...then call your child "He Is" or 'She Is" as name
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
hahn:
Jehovah the god of tragedy

It loves seeing people suffer and die of poverty and disease

Jehovah the god of suya

It can created a place where humans will burn for eternity just so it can smell suya

Jehovah the god of incompetence

It never does anything. Never around when you need it and cannot light an ordinary light buying

Modified

Jehovah the god of confusion

Christians are so confused of their religion that they have 30,000 denominations and cannot agree with each other on the interpretations of most of the scriptures in the bible. Yes, it is Jehovah's will they remain confused

my brother please you don't need to perish come to Jesus today he is calling try and read revelation 22:17
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
the number of atheist on nairaland is alarming I wonder if as they don't believe in God existence they believe that the devil exists
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
mina16:
the number of atheist on nairaland is alarming

Atheists full NG and not just NL. Most are scared of societal stigmatisation
I wonder if as they don't believe in God existence they believe that the devil exists
We don't believe in the existence of devil either. We only play the religious card using devil as counter to those who think god is the backbone of everything
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by durodee(m): 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
I wonder too. The funny issue is that they keep lurking around any post about Faith and Religion as if somebody forced them to comment or read!
mina16:
the number of atheist on nairaland is alarming I wonder if as they don't believe in God existence they believe that the devil exists
Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by Queenserah26(f): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Jehovah Roficah

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by OnlyTheBrave: 9:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
KING OF KINGS

LORD OF LORDS

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by prisiliveth: 10:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
I call him Jehovah over do,d unchangeable God,d lilly of d valley,rose of Sharon, Jehovah elloim,might man in Battle d doable,d sayable,d talkable,workable he is God,without him there is no me

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by SpicyMimi(f): 10:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
I AM THAT I AM!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Or Favourite Name For God? by hahn(m): 11:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
mina16:

my brother please you don't need to perish come to Jesus today he is calling try and read revelation 22:17

Threats is all you have bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should Catholic Priests be Allowed to Get Married? / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet / Assassination Attempt On Tb Joshua: Devil Is A Liar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.