Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12725 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by eby4k4(f): 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2008
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, is shopping for $20 million to buy a private jet.

The private jet, P.M.News gathered, is to facilitate his trips to many parts of the world where the parishes of the church are located.

Already, members of the RCCG worldwide have been planning to ‘sow seeds’ towards the project.

The humble mathematician turned pastor, we learnt, has the vision to spread the gospel to the outermost part of the earth and he is not resting on his oars to achieve this feat.

RCCG is one of the fastest growing churches in the country. There are branches in London, United States and Middle East.

Daddy G.O, as he is fondly called, was barely 31 years old when he bagged his doctorate degree in Hydrodynamics. He had an encounter with the Lord in 1973. He answered the altar call, and with a strong zeal for the Lord, he has since, never looked back.

The mantle of leadership fell on Adeboye, then a University of Lagos lecturer , in 1980 after the death of the founder of RCCG, Rev. Josiah Akindayomi.

Ever since he attained the leadership of the church, he has brought several innovations and programmes into the church through which the church has continued to grow.

From the 39 parishes of the church which he inherited, the church has grown in leaps and bounds with branches all over the world.
http://thepmnews.com/2008/07/15/adeboye-shops-for-20m-jet

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by AKO1(m): 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2008
Yet another one of those threads. . .

All we will see is ranting between the faithfuls, the critics and the bad belles!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2008
Whats in a Jet?

I know enough people that have.

Cant Christians have nice things?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KarmaMod(f): 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

.Cant Christians have nice things?

When people around them are dying? NO.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by CARUSO(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2008
is this setting a right example and sending out a right message? no i dont think so!!

waste of money

all this pastors sef and thier thirst for flamboyant lifestyles!!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by vicade(m): 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

When people around them are dying? NO.

christians not having nice things does not  stop people around them from dying anyway so why not?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 4:21pm On Jul 16, 2008
See talk o! grin

Go and throw away all your nice things

so that that homeless man can live
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KarmaMod(f): 4:28pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

See talk o! grin

Go and throw away all your nice things

so that that homeless man can live

Im not a pastor buying unnecessary stuff. Like someone mentioned to you in another thread, you need to stop the stupid analogies.

Vicade, have you ever heard of CHARITY or what's wrong with you people? Most of the people going to these churches can barely afford a car.

How about putting the money in BETTER use? Open up soup kitchens or family programs. So much one can do with 20 million naira that doesnt involve a bloody jet
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by CARUSO(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

I'm not a pastor buying unnecessary stuff. Like someone mentioned to you in another thread, you need to stop the stupid analogies.

BANG ON POINT DUDE!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 4:32pm On Jul 16, 2008
Hahaha.

Unnecessary stuff?
Because you dont need one, dosnt mean its not necessary to the ministry love the rhyme.lol

Stupid Analogy?
i knew it was u. You didnt even post in that thread
choi! this pack eh!

Charity
Theres enough of those
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KarmaMod(f): 4:36pm On Jul 16, 2008
Why would I post in a thread where the link posted wasnt even working?

Gamine:

Charity
Theres enough of those

So? So what? Shouldnt you people be ashamed thet most charities are of other countries? Wanna keep on relying on the white people charity to help you? while wasting money on garbage when you can be helping your fellow man. No offence Gamine but at times you dont reason properly.
I guess when one is brainwashed so much, you cant really expect much.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 4:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
Once again you judge me. wrongly for that marra embarassed

Firstly, There is a configuration on Nairaland removing links with ..com
i didnt know that.

Secondly, i know what is true and right
i really do not support the jet thingy but why dont we try to see it from the other side

kai!
you people sef!
awon i-know-too-much

Choi!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KarmaMod(f): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

Secondly, i know what is true and right
i really do not support the jet thingy but why don't we try to see it from the other side

What is the other side?

People are expressing their displeasure towards this whole deal which you yourself just said you dont support yet at the same ime you're yelling at us saying that "dont Christians deserve *nice* things. What kind of ridiculous argument is that?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2008
That is the other side, my dear.

What if they really need the jet?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by skyone(m): 5:05pm On Jul 16, 2008
Na wetin con bad for inside this one now, i'm getting tired of all this poverty mentality a jet that most footballers can

buy in a blink of an eye. Pls let's begin to dream big, Pastor Adeboye is not the cause of other's people's problem rather the Holy man is doing his best for people to wake up and get out of poverty.

Governors are owning Mansions abroad no one is complaining; Stupidity
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 5:07pm On Jul 16, 2008
The thing is,

i really dont care what they buy.

if the sheep arent being fed.

thats where the problem lies
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by skyone(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2008
For goodness sake how old are these sheeps, i beg remember say many of these sheeps you are talking about are in

their 30s, 40s, 50,60, 70s. So Pastor Adeboye is now the person responsible for these people's problems. Please lets

reason flying a jet does not make you greedy. This man i know well he can sacrifice 50% of his wealth to the less

priviledge ones. He is humble and giving but he wont die for any man thank you.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2008
Whatever Age they are Sheep is Sheep

if buying the jet is at their expense, Wahala.

If not, Carry go !
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KunleOshob(m): 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2008
Even though i am not a member of RCCG i really have a great deal of respect for Pastor Adeboye, i am really finding it to come to terms why a humble man of God would want to spend millions of dollars on a private jet. This is very contrary to what christ taught us and also contrary to how the early church disbursed money collected in the church.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 16, 2008
Breaking news: Apostle Paul levies the brethren at Corinthians to buy 50m Shekel chariot!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by revlanre(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2008
shocked shocked shocked Thats BIG , but thats sweet cuz he Reaping what he has sowed cuz he has done what jesus said "Seek Ye the Kingdom Of God and Its Righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you, so the things have been added unto him now so stop hating ,
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 5:30pm On Jul 16, 2008
Davids living Bible abi.

@Kunle, how did the early church disburse monies
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by pedido: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2008
please, i need to get NNPC test format .do you know how can go about that.my email is favourededozie@yahoo.com.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by skyone(m): 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

Davids living Bible abi.

They must have gathered all the gentiles, pagans, the philistines and probably wired them thousands every day so that they can proof to them that they are righteous and good at charity in the face of Almighty God.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

Acts 4: 32And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

33And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

34Neither was there ANY among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,

35And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto EVERY MAN according as he had need.

36And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet.

Two things are important to note:

1. When tithes and offerings were collected by the early church it was meant to cater to the needs of EVERY member of the body of Christ, rich or poor, small or big, male or female, pastor or church warden.
- What do we have today? The congregation "sowing" that mr. pastor may ride the latest jets all over the world while the "sowers" trek to church.

2. Even the apostles themselves sowed seeds. Note that brother Barnabas was a fellow traveller with Paul at one time. How many of our "pastors" today, having much land, cars, jets, schools . . . have sold them, brought the money and laid it at the apostles feet that "distribution be made unto EVERY MAN according as he had need?"

Continue worshipping these false prophets.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
EVERY MAN according as he had need

Yes now, if they need jet, they will get jet.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KunleOshob(m): 5:43pm On Jul 16, 2008
@Gamine
Passage Acts 2:45:
45 They sold their property and possessions and shared the money with those in need.
Passage Acts 4:32-35:
  32 All the believers were united in heart and mind. And they felt that what they owned was not their own, so they shared everything they had. 33 The apostles testified powerfully to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God’s great blessing was upon them all. 34 There were no needy people among them, because those who owned land or houses would sell them 35 and bring the money to the apostles to give to those in need.

The above passages explains what church collections were used for in those days, but today
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 5:45pm On Jul 16, 2008
God have mercy on us sha.

its like;

Have spacesuit, will travel
Have money, will buy jet.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Mustay(m): 5:47pm On Jul 16, 2008
if they need peace, they 'll get peace cool
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by bikokwe(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2008
Abeg! busy bodies if e pain una, be pastor den buy ur jet simple.if u talk about humility, charity,simplicity,Godfearing e.t.c talk pastor E.A Adeboye.most of u dont have anything to say other than criticize.He blesses peoples live everyday and thats enough for me.Gamine forget dem
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2008
Gamine:

EVERY MAN according as he had need

Yes now, if they need jet, they will get jet.

Has the church usher got a bicycle to ride to church? Yet these wicked men invoking the name of the Lord for their own greed continue to demand "seed offering" that they might live in comfort.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by IMCCN(m): 6:08pm On Jul 16, 2008
Thank God at last! for members of R.C.C.G worldwide, welcome to the next level!! to all the critics, God bless you!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Atheists Express Their Rage Against God Although In Their View, He Doesn't Exist / Eagle Prophet delivers Ernest Opoku from fornication / Camilla Mberekpe’s Confession: Is It African Magic Or Holy Spirit In Action?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.