Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? (45558 Views)

What TV Channel Do You Watch Together As A Family? / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by kaboji(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2017
No! Wait until you get the job that you will be paying you 500k monthly
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by influenz: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
osic:

what is the name of the health insurance you enrolled for??
Maayoit
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by buffalowings: 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
SoNature:

Please be informed that Nigeria has organizations called HMO (Health Management Organizations), and National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is one which provides health insurance for all government-run establishment employees (regardless of their positions) under some terms and conditions.

If you wish to make inquiry about a country, Google an official email of the government agency in charge and send them an email to get accurate information.

Keep in mind that Internet access data is so cheap in Nigeria that anyone (even toddlers) gets unto the Internet to say unthinkable/unprintable things about Nigeria.

Finally, I don't work with the government but a concerned citizen who was compelled to set the record straight.

Thank you.
You sound patronising
all that hubris about the cost of Internet data

Ours is unlike those EU countries
where everyone is insured

yeah there are insured people in Nigeria
but how many are covered

Only 3% Of nigerians are covered by the national health insurance service our equivalent of UK's NHS

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/health/only-3-percent-of-nigerians-have-healthcare-coverage-nhis/172812.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6291496897
cc queensuccubus

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
I don't believe in what most people here are saying,what the hell are you waiting for?Even teachers usually get married with less than 60k.It is a good virtue for us to have children that are old enough to fend for themselves as well as us in our 50s,if you wait for you to become a millionaire before you get married,you may never get married or marry at a late age,remember that money is not everything.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Glare247(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

Oohh I see...that's really bad boo... undecided only the rich will be given the priority then COZ they got a dough.. embarassed
. I don't believe some guys here don't know dey can enrol for nhis personally without u working in a big company,haba naija youth

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Franklerry: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
Whether you go jelesinmi school or corona it is only god who detremine ones future. Success does nt realy mean u shud go to corona..ighalo. Mikel..others
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nehemz(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?
Yea y not? I have seen people that are collecting 30 or 40 thousand & there wife's are not working but still leaving peacefully. Wat matter how u plan ur life.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

So u mean that the Nigerian government dont have this mandatory health insurance program? undecided

They don't even have a centralised database, we don't deport illegal immigrants.

How and why won't they treat Nigerians like trash?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
As a young graduate who got a job with a starting salary of N60,000 monthly and you have a fiancee who is also a graduate and has a job of N40,000 monthly, do you guys think one can start a good home with this a raise a decent comfortable family in Nigeria?

Mr man if you follow people mouth u won't get married even if you are making a million bulk. Am about getting married this month. I am a graduate, I don't have a job but I have a shop and I also engage myself in other form of hustling. It's all about planning, hustling and keeping your head and expenses low.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by buffalowings: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
Glare247:
. I don't believe some guys here don't know dey can enrol for nhis personally without u working in a big company,haba naija youth

I think you're missing the point

we are talking of a mandatory nationwide coverage for health insurance
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tammytam: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
I think 100 grand a month is enough that is if u have the understanding spouse, but cities like port harcourt, abuja it wont be that easy due to the high cost of rent and basic amenities.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by micklplus(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
QueenSuccubus:

I mean a government-mandated health insurance policy...?

There is. National Health insurance scheme.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by goldedprince: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2017
who the Bleep says you cant start a family with 100k?
as long as you aint heavy spenders, 100k is good for a start.
note he said start. he disnt say he will remain on 100k for ever. and for all of una wey dey scream, too small, he cant and all that shit. how much does an average nigerian earn monthly?
i remember my mom single 'handedly' bringing us up with a salary of about 100k. and when i say us, i mean 4 non teens.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Vorigo: 1:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
That's about 50℅ of Nigeria's population that survives on that. People can survive on anything they have.......

My stats......

Everyone is wealthy on these social medias but we all know many survive on this. Isn't this same NL where people cry about an expensive bag of rice, so much that they're now looking of alternatives? Now, if that's the case, how much do those people make a month?

You can survive on whatever you have, learn to prioritize
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by SoNature(m): 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2017
buffalowings:

You sound patronising
all that hubris about the cost of Internet data

Ours is unlike those EU countries
where everyone is insured

yeah there are insured people in Nigeria
but how many are covered

Only 3% Of nigerians are covered by the national health insurance service our equivalent of UK's NHS

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/health/only-3-percent-of-nigerians-have-healthcare-coverage-nhis/172812.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C6291496897
cc queensuccubus

I'm afraid that's not the point here. The lady, I suppose, inquired if Nigeria had any health insurance scheme in place and I answered her.

The percentage covered by the scheme wasn't her primary area of concern. Thank you
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Juliearth(f): 1:07pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:

Yes,you can,but you should not be in a haste to have kids until things improve.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by alizma: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
can you get him a better job?
I wasn't earning up to what he is earning now neither was my wife earning what his fiancee is earning as at the time we got married and God has been blessing us from one stage to another as we progress. it is largely a matter of understanding and doing things not to pleased others.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by chibboy: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
guy listen and listen good.. God gave you a job .. he gave you a wife, he will also give you kids .. and you will use your salary and train them.. your salary will grow with your family.. do not delay because of money.. many civil servants are not earning up to that.. do not let some negative and fake people here on nairaland decieve u.. your salary is even too much.. i am telling you the gospel truth o..

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by KennyID17(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
tdayof:

To your knowledge NO. That's a perfect answer as I do have a health insurance in Nigeria.

Most Nigerians are uninformed.

Health insurance initiated and maintained by the federal government?

If yes, how come only a handful of ppl have access to it, doesn't that show u it's a failed attempt?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Ebulonse(m): 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
FvckShiT:
absolutely fůcking not

I fůcking spend close to that amount (60 grand)every fůcking month---on data and airtime
Omo yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by KennyID17(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
micklplus:

There is. National Health insurance scheme.

Are u insured?
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by blackboy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2017
Guy (OP) have you seen an old man 60s or even 50s still sending their children to primary school? He might have been waiting till he was earning 'enough'. Go marry. Time waits for no one. There is school, food, house for every budget. It's about planning and discipline. Those you see in Senate or building big houses today in the past had way less than what you have now. Have a low keyed wedding so you won't invite ppl who will swear for you that you invite them cum wedding and you no fit feed them se na by force. Marriage is good. Don't waste time.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by afroxyz: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
Many families are surviving on that amount and you are coming here to ask 17-24 year olds that have never earned their own dime!

3 Likes

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Vokians(m): 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2017
You can start family. If those receiving less than 30000 a month can afford a family why can't you. You don't need to wait for million. There is always a starting point.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by Barigaboy(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2017
It possible even people who earn below that does but it depends on how good u can manage n your taste.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by ychris: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
DeAvenger:

Shut the fvck up and get...
ur monicker says it all grin grin grin
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by vickyuchy: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
what I can tell you as a big brother, is to go ahead because when you keep waiting for things to get better, your age is also climbing. I know it will be a little difficult especially when the children start coming and why not engage in another business while working or more so, your fiancee should learn a skill. There's money in fashion and designing. As a student of coal city University Enugu, I still go to a fashion school and bead making
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by tdayof(m): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2017
KennyID17:

Health insurance initiated and maintained by the federal government?

If yes, how come only a handful of ppl have access to it, doesn't that show u it's a failed attempt?

https://www.nhis.gov.ng/
I have been using NHIS for over 9 years.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by akanbiaa(m): 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Some started family with no job of business just legitimate hustling here and there and offering services to people.

1 Like

Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by akanbiaa(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
I know a man in Abuja who collects 25k monthly with a wife who has no job and they have a daughter. Husband In Kuje while wife in suleja and still his workplace still exploits him sometimes by not paying the full 25k.
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by KennyID17(m): 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
tdayof:

https://www.nhis.gov.ng/
I have been using NHIS for over 9 years.

Well good for u then, one person or a couple of thousands probably in d hundreds have it out of almost 180million, now that is a health insurance scheme to b proud of!! smiley
Re: Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? by petsey(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
DaddyNick:
I started mine with 15000. wait no more to avoid formication n b a responsible dude.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? / US Based Nurse Gifts Her Husband Who Brought Her To America A New Mercedes Benz / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.