Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Televangelist Arrested For 419 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Televangelist Arrested For 419 (698 Views)

Can Buhari Be Prosecuted For 419 After He Leaves Office? / US Senator Apologises For 419 Jibe At Nigerians / Ojo Maduekwe's Son Arrested For 419 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Televangelist Arrested For 419 by AloyEmeka9: 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2009
419: Televangelist Arrested; To Be Arraigned Tomorrow For Fraud
Posted To The Web: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - Henry Ojelu & Kemi Asake

Popular Celestial Church of Christ televangelist, Prophet Isreal Ola-Ogundipe, has been arrested by the police and will be arraigned tomorrow over allegation of fraud.

According to the information on the charge sheet filed by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice, the televangelist was alleged to have duped a woman of N10 million under the pretext of using the money for a religious purpose.

His arraignment which was slated for last week, was shifted forward because Ogundipe appeared in court without any legal representation.

When the matter came up yesterday, he was not present in court. His lawyer, Mr. A. Kuye, told the court that Ogundipe had been rearrested by the police that granted him bail earlier.

Not satisfied with the explanation, Justice Dada Mojisola insisted that Prophet Ola Ogundipe must be present in court and adjourned the case till tomorrow.

Part of the charge already filed before the court reads:

“That you, Prophet Isreal Ola Ogundipe on or about 5 November, 2002, at 7/11, Duro Ishola Street, Alakuko, Lagos, in the Ikeja judicial division, stole the sum of twelve thousand British pounds (12,000 pounds) from one Mrs. Olaide Williams.”

“That you, Prophet Israel Ola Ogundipe, between the months of June 2002 and December 2007, at 7/11, Duro Ishola Street, Alakuko, Lagos, in the Ikeja Judicial Division fraudulently obtained the sum of N8.5 million from one Mrs. Olaide Williams Oni, by false pretences, claiming same to be for the furtherance of religious work and purchase of land and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 419 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State.”

“That you, Israel Ola Ogundipe on or about the month of October, 2004 at 7/11, Duro Ishola Street, Alakuko, Lagos in the Ikeja Judicial Division, forged one Nigerian international passport, with the name Sanyaolu Babatunde Solomon and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 467 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State.”

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=12040&z=12
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by mekusxxx: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2009
E be like say you don overtake Jona. Your own na covert ''tribalist'' you be? grin grin grin
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Dec 23, 2009
mekusxxx:

E be like say you don overtake Jona. Your own na covert ''tribalist'' you be? grin grin grin

Please do not open your trap in this. It just makes you appear even more pathetic as a human being . . . . lol
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by puskin: 12:47am On Dec 23, 2009
Can't we just comment on a topic without being tribalistic or antagonistic.
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by asha80(m): 12:57am On Dec 23, 2009
Off topic.

Kobojunkie what prompted the change in your profile undecided
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by Kobojunkie: 12:58am On Dec 23, 2009
asha 80:

Off topic.

Kobojunkie what prompted the change in your profile undecided

Change my profile? When? That is nairaland doing it's thing. I really don't care if it says HOMO/LESBIAN next grin roflmao!!!!
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by asha80(m): 1:05am On Dec 23, 2009
haha so nairaland assigned gender to you shocked i no believe am lipsrsealed
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by Kobojunkie: 1:21am On Dec 23, 2009
Ask Nairaland why it did so . I have no clue as I have not touched my own profile in almost a year. . . I only saw it too only a couple of minutes ago. grin
Re: Televangelist Arrested For 419 by mamagee3(f): 2:36am On Dec 23, 2009
EFCC are doing a good job!!! tongue

(1) (Reply)

The American-nigerians In Our Midst / Nigeria Police And Killing / Bbc World News: Lagos Aims To Be Africa's Model Megacity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.