Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures (67220 Views)

Rice Seed Of The Holy Grail:the Creation Of One Seed Into A Bag Of Rice. / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by yvelchstores(f): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2020
I planted ugu but don't recognize what is coming out from the ground. Looks like plantain. Oh dear dear. Let me keep watering it and see.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by saint2ace(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
I planted ugu but don't recognize what is coming out from the ground. Looks like plantain. Oh dear dear. Let me keep watering it and see.

Pictures speak a million words ......
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by yvelchstores(f): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2020
saint2ace:

Pictures speak a million words ......
I don't think it's ugu. I hope I am not watering grass. I tried to attach picture. Nairaland says it's too large. I don't get it

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by saint2ace(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
I don't think it's ugu. I hope I am not watering grass. I tried to attach picture. Nairaland says it's too large. I don't get it

Screenshot the picture then upload the screenshot
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by yvelchstores(f): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2020
saint2ace:

Screenshot the picture then upload the screenshot
ok.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by saint2ace(m): 4:11pm On Jun 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
ok.

I'm not a farmer but this doesn't look like Ugu shoots to me. But like you said, watch it for a few days and get back to the house, the ogas will look into it by then.

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by yvelchstores(f): 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
saint2ace:

I'm not a farmer but this doesn't look like Ugu shoots to me. But like you said, watch it for a few days and get back to the house, the ogas will look into it by then.
ok. Thank u
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by jidestroud(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
ok.

Ehya... That ain't fluted pumpkin boss and please, discard and replant if you've still got seeds. What you have there is most likely weed.
You could dig around the spot to find out what happened to your seeds.

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by ugwumichael(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
yvelchstores:
ok.
looks like Maize.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by yvelchstores(f): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2020
jidestroud:

Ehya... That's ain't fluted pumpkin boss and please, discard and replant if you've still got seeds. What you have there is most likely weed.
You could dig around the spot to find out what happened to your seeds.
ok, thanks.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by spinna: 10:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Tried it and it worked! Thank you God bless.. I noticed those growing on the ground aren't doing as well as those climbing the stakes.

Pls can you offer advice and instructions on staking

1 Like

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Emmafly(m): 11:46am On Jul 12, 2020
Good morning,

I have ugu leaves for sale directly from the farm. order for any quantity. though at least a sizeable quantity. can supply anywhere within lagos. My farm location is at ikorodu. I will also embark on large scale dry season ugu farming by November, so potential buyers should also keep this number.

08183549869- Emmanuel.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by starbuck(f): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2020
2017 post

Na so God go remember our cases soon, Amen

2 Likes

Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Profine: 11:54am On Oct 05, 2020
Thanks so much for this. God bless you richly in Jesus Name. People like you are very scarce our world these days. All we are surrounded with are selfish people who want to make all the money alone.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by CoolUdempa(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2020
Wow!
This is remarkable!
Thanks @OP
God bless you.�������
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by CoolUdempa(m): 11:58am On Oct 05, 2020
saint2ace:

Hahahahaha��
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Olam09(m): 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
I have planted ugu twice in my back yard, failed both times, I planted the third time yesterday and prayed for them
grin
��
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by peacettw: 12:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
@op. Thank you for the helpful tips. Will definitely try it. I have a small Ugu farm but the leaves are wilting. Noticed they don't really like lots of water hence the rainy season has messed up my beautiful garden
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Edojoma(m): 12:04pm On Oct 05, 2020
I av done same a lot, something I notice is dat d one disect into 4 parts usually find it difficult to grow well, most experienced stunted growth.. But into 2 parts is very OK... And it also depends on d specie as well... Nice1 @ OP.... I will advise beginners to experiment with just for seeds,, cut dem into 4 parts each n complete d process n also observe dia growth, to avoid stories that touches d soul... In short ,, any procedure u decide to use,, test run with few seeds first...

Things are really gonna b expensive by January, so d earlier u start planting ,, d better d cashing out in January..
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by OdefaGirl(f): 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by SEGLIZ: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
yvelchstores:
ok.

@Yvelchstores's, that thus looks like maize sprout or shoot germinating. give it some time to know exactly what plant is there.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by oluwaseyi0: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2020
Since 2017
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by 99thEnemy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
I have planted ugu twice in my back yard, failed both times, I planted the third time yesterday and prayed for them
grin
May Buhari bless your Ugu grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Oizee(f): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
grin
lol
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by phantom24: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nice job
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Juliearth(f): 12:16pm On Oct 05, 2020
egopersonified:
grin

Are you sure the problem is not from the soil? I hope that this last attempt turns out successful. Else, please try a different site.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by okafor200(m): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
see come,
this ugu thread is really captivating,
but abeg who be the Yoruba mod make push this thread to front page so?

anyways am here to give a heavy shout out to manubuqqree abi wetin be the fool name self,
baba dey say we grill everything including dog meat.

that one no consine me,
if you like dey grill people one eye join am.
na thunder go help us fire the middle of your butthole there for you
cow

baba olowo
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by superfitsez(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
I will love to learn about plantains stuff,gat to tell my mum,she love to do agric when she's free,pls @op get on with plantains pif technology stuff
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by Juliearth(f): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2020
INDESTRUCTABLEX:
@op Step 6: Why not fresh manure? And in preparing your compost, how long do you wait?

I think this has to be because fresh manure would be too harsh on the seed.
Re: How To Get Four Ugu Plants From One Seed- Steps With Pictures by sylve11: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
@ op, thanks...... cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marcotting/Air Layering: Turn A Plant Into A Plantation / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Yam Growing On Tiles (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.