Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,329 members, 7,811,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:59 AM

The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men (54543 Views)

Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by weiwei(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
I love this. It is well written

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by drealzum(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
Lolxz. The original author who wrote this is my face book friend. His name is ojigbani kojo. He's one funny bloke.

8 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by erosimo(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

May God bless you for lifting someone spirit this morning

4 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Austinmiles: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2017
oforij:

After years of serious study, you end as an employee to a ssce holder and start pressing computer every day
Uwadiegu
As long as ends are met, who cares...

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by deturla: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

To all the men out there struggling to create an identity, know that we, the women in your life appreciate you.

We see you, we know the pressure on you. Most importantly, we have your back all the way.

Especially to my father, brothers and my future husband, I see you and I will be true all the way there.

#hustlersmindset

God bless you Luna.

I am in love with you already!

deedeesblog.com

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:49am On Mar 28, 2017
May God bless the fingers that wrote this.

Currently in this stage, God help me...AMEN!!

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by xynerise: 10:49am On Mar 28, 2017
True
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by deturla: 10:50am On Mar 28, 2017
frugal:
It's also the stage you find true love.

Very correct!

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nathan2016: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2017
This is the best thread in NL this year

7 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Student125(m): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2017
in that stage right now. may god answer my prayer soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by bakynes(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2017
Currently out of this stage just last year when I started my Business am 28 years old by the way will be 29 next month. Btw age 24-28 years was not easy for me, it's a very frustrating and depressing years of my life, sitting home all day looking at the ceiling, applying for jobs, no interviews and when you get job test you meet thousands at the venue hoping to land 10 job positions, my gf of many years eventually left me,my click of friends that were employed began to reduce. In fact I thank God I had a good family that was there for me in those trying years. Some time I cry and considered sucide. But I think God am beginning to succeed in my business.

16 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by uceee(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
OP, thanks for bringing this wonderful piece here for our consumption.

To all those in situations like this, when life doesn't seem to be panning out as planned, it is very important that you STAY POSITIVE.

That is the only way you can wake up each morning looking forward to the day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Xzbit91: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
This write up is deep, I'm just starting this phase and I'm already feeling the heat
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by tyeenigga(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
Am 26 and currently serving, my uncle asked me des morning how old are you I said 26 and he said when will you get married? I smiled and said when I settle down

8 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Bakbillz44(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
In martin luther's voice... 'we shall overcome'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2017
this write-up z just d story of my life....Gals re xpectin me 2 approach dem..buh no job no money......wat if she says pls...i wanna subscribe on my fone...me wey dey borrow data..

11 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by deturla: 10:55am On Mar 28, 2017
bakynes:
Currently out of this stage just last year when I started my Business am 28 by the way will be 29 next month. 24-28 age was not easy for me, it's a very frustrating and depressing years of my life, sitting home all day looking at the ceiling, applying for jobs, no interviews and when you get job test you meet thousands at the venue hoping to land 10 job positions, my gf of many years eventually left me. In fact I thank God I had a good family that was there for me in those trying years. Some time I cry and considered sucide. But I think God am beginning to succeed in my business.

I will like to chat with you!

Do you mind?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Angelswt(f): 10:56am On Mar 28, 2017
wow! helpful.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by YOUNGBILLONAIRE: 10:57am On Mar 28, 2017
May the good Lord bless our hustle.... Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by niceair(m): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2017
Presently in this stage... sometimes you feel like giving up after all the first degree,masters degree and certification but I won't and will never cus I know my worth as a man. Something good is coming up and a change of status positively is inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by bakynes(m): 10:58am On Mar 28, 2017
deturla:

I will like to chat with you!

Do you mind?
Yes sure BBM pin D1E249D2
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by nwaire: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

#hustlersmindset

Wao you sound like u really do understand, thank you.
Ladies like you are few out there, future husband will be lucky to have you
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by benELOHIM7(m): 10:59am On Mar 28, 2017
Chai op cry

Am in that phase right now. Currently doing my nysc but judging from when I finished secondary school I should have served at 21yrs.
While working hard and hoping for the best, I have decided to take solace in that part of the Bible that says time and space decides the fate of man.
Goodluck to us all climbing the ladder of life. One love!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by pahen1991: 10:59am On Mar 28, 2017
oluwa help me am even afraid of tomorrow.
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
to guys still grapling at this age bracket, i advice you to consider more the comment of amprat.

Meanwhile,

America is the land of opportunity and the Bruce Kovner story shows a man who took full advantage of it. From driving a taxi to running a hedge fund, Caxton Associates starting in 1983, Bruce was worth $5.3 billion in 2016.

Kovner graduated from Harvard College in 1996 and while driving a cab in New York, he was also at Julliard where he was learning the harpsichord. Must be a lot of spare time when driving cabs because he started to watch the financial markets and in 1977 at 32, got on board the soybean market that was in a bull run.

Beginners luck or a sign of success to come, Bruce turned $3000 to $45000….and then to $20000 (markets can be the best place for education) and that was enough to get him diving head first into trading.

His mentor taught him that you could make a million dollars. He showed him that if you applied yourself, great things could happen. It is very easy to miss the point that you really can do it.

1 Like

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by femixyz(m): 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
alaricsaltzman:
Found this interesting piece on facebook and i decided to share...enjoy

The most difficult age for any man born in Nigeria should be between 24 and 29 years, the pressure to be something, to be someone is so immense. When you look around you everyone seems to be doing something for themselves, people seem to be living a life you only dream of. You have applied for jobs and the results have been more disappointing than Yakubu Aiyegbeni goal miss at the world cup.

Sadly this is the age when most guys lose it, the age when if not careful one is consumed by alcohol or drugs, because the disappointments become too much and you find alternative ways to face reality. Worse is when a few people you studied with have been lucky enough to land
jobs, soon your circle of friends gets thinner – mostly they don’t even cut you out but you will be real with yourself and cut yourself off. I mean what will you do when you are in a WhatsApp group of friends and they are discussing about last week’s trip in Dubai and planning another trip to South Africa while you are not sure of what your next meal would be?

Most times you follow the conversation silently, all alone like a cross on the grave. Soon you realize this is no longer your kind of crowd because the more you keep around the more the pressure to be something, takes a toll on you. You know when stories about house parties
come up and you act deaf because you don’t know where an extra 5 guys would fit in your house. Have you ever sat in a group of people discussing the new iPhone on the market or how British Airways offers poo services and you can feel your heart whisper to you "boss this is chest pain hour, can we just go and find a group that talks about GMAT, SHL, Dragnet, jobberman or job vacancies sites".

But you sit there as these people are lost in their lifestyle conversations, you are like a secretary taking minutes in meeting. You are totally forgotten like one of a woman’s breasts during pre-intimacy. Once in a while one of the friends will turn and ask if you need another drink and you wonder if you should just say No and head home, but head home to do what? So you grudgingly drop in the comment “I will have just one last one“...Lie!!!

But after a few years of job hunting, you are now ready to take anything even if is to smell a rich man’s farts as long as it pays, so you end up as an office messenger in one blue chip company in town. To imagine that 4-5 years of studying and getting a degree is now reduced to picking and dropping off letters and if you are not doing that, you are being sent for cheap lunch by the employees when they are broke and they can’t order with fast food. This is when conversations about where people schooled start, you go silent for it’s no longer of any use to say you also reached University, it doesn’t matter – you have resorted to surviving.

Once in while you will bump into your now well to do classmates, they would offer you lunch, but not even eating the meals at Eko Hotel or Sheraton will make you feel better about yourself, because in your mind you wish instead they would give you the 30k and you sort your meals for the next 5 weeks. As it is the norm you will have photos taken, and uploaded on Facebook, but always it’s your face that would look the odd one out – not even the best filters can hide a face which has suffered the city's dust and sun but survives on boiled beans.

The worst mistake you can do during this period is to try and date – there is nothing that a person going through such times can offer in terms of love. How are you going to do evening romantic walks when you are tired from walking delivering letters in offices around town? What are you going to tell your lady when she says she wants to go for relaxation at the bar, pool or love garden sites that are in town? That your financial religion doesn’t allow it or what? This is the age when you sit back and watch as the ladies you would want to date are dating or getting married to guys 10 years older than you. And you can’t blame them – it’s only that your life seems to be progressing slower than their goals in life. Most of the ladies you meet during this period, if you are lucky will be patient with you till you hit 28, and if by then your life is still in disarray like Leicester city's performance in the EPL then my friend be prepared for a walk out.

But then this is the age when you learn a lot of about life, if you can hack through this stage of life the only hard moment in your life would be when you lose your parents - that’s if you are still lucky enough to have them. This stage teaches you a lot about perseverance, about appreciating the small wins you have each day, it teaches you something about friendship, love, career growth and personal responsibility. This is always your rise or fall moment depending on the choices you make.

How you live your life in the 30’s is determined by how you handled your life in this phase. Do not Give up. Do not Be Depressed. remain focused and create a Strategy. Be consistent, you must Surely Win. Peace cool cool

https://m.facebook.com/WbsTvUganda/posts/967701073268464
well said op!
we shall overcome
we shall overcome
we shall overcome someday
I know deep in my heart
I do believe
we shall overcome someday.

Hustling continues!!
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by freshinko: 11:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Op u re very on point. The pressure, the heat is too much on the youths. Especially, those who's parents are not too well to do financially in the society. Funny thing is that, some even cut themselves off from those their fortunate friends do to frustration and lack of self confidence.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by Papichulo8888(m): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Awesome write up....Thumbs up..
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by JerryTemi(f): 11:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Is not only you guys,me as a lady I do think of a way to be a better lady,make my parents proud,not depend on my husband. Also when you are the first issue you will keep thinking on how to pull through but Lord Jesus is our strength.

3 Likes

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by siobh: 11:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
True.

#hustlersmindset
one of the most reasonable girl out here.

EDITED
Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by klassicman(m): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Come, you jst lifted ma facebook friend post to NL. I don catch thief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Most Difficult Age For Most Nigerian Men by DozieInc(m): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2017
judahh:
Facts, everything written. 27 I am, and I'm pulling out of this unhurt. I've learned lessons about fake love, disloyalty and gold-digging. When I rise, I'll pick better associations.
wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Halliburton - Trainee Engineers / Difference Between A Cover Letter And An Application Letter / Embarassing Application Letter By A UNICAL Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.