Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year (28624 Views)

Two Sentenced To Death For Killing Rofiat Damilola Adebisi, UNIOSUN Student / Boy Beaten With A Hammer By His Mother In Kaduna, Rescued By State Government / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by linearity: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
I guess, "un-sentenced" here means, those with on-going trials 'as in going to court" vs those whose court cases has been finalized and has been sentenced, but are in different phases of appeal, where applicable.

What about those arrested and have never have their day in court or show up one day for one hearing and never seen in court again? I doubt in those figures include people in this category or even in the prison 'population' count.

In many states, thousands are behind bars for 7 to 10 years, some more than and counting; and are still praying for the day to be given the opportunity to stand before a judge. These people are usually very poor and less educated and in most cases their sentences would have been far less less than the amount of time they have spent so far in prison.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by jagorinho: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2017
ozoebuka1:
You don remember say igbo people full Yoruba land now because na bad thing we dey discuss for here, if to say na good thing now you go deny say igbo people no contribute nothing...double mouth is bad bro.
80% of footballers representing various levels of the national team are from the south east,Imo state has the highest number of federal workers in the civil service but would that stop you from shouting marginilization always?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by jagorinho: 10:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
seeyouin2019:

ILE IFE in one Nigeria. I wish the Igbos produce the next Ooni so that we go enjoy one Nigeria..
Nothing bad!! as long as a fulani man will be governor of enugu state for 8 years.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by achieverme(m): 10:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
triplewisdom:
SW number of prisoners plenty sha.

It is highest in southsouth
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by mofy1(f): 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
fuckboys:
y'all can see south east has the lowest compared to South west, later them go dey raise mouth for crime section angry
Na because una pple like away(no man's land pple I salute)
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by achieverme(m): 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
ThinkSmarter:
When u look @Ekiti and Kogi, u will recall that
Education is correlated with Less Crime/Social vice rate.

I am not surprised, Rivers with their........

I think it is population and not education.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ozoebuka1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 27, 2017
jagorinho:

80% of footballers representing various levels of the national team are from the south east,Imo state has the highest number of federal workers in the civil service but would that stop you from shouting marginilization always?
You don't get it...I think you are confusing hardwork with marginalization and vice versa.

Hardwork is when I go to school and acquire my B.sc. so that I could be employed fairly.

Marginalization is when dream killing government ensures I get the Same treatment with someone who didn't go to school at all (using federal character, quota system and the likes).

Do you still think igbos stance on marginalization isn't justified?

1 Like

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by apollo13(m): 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
ehinmowo:
i cn bet my balls dt Nigeria prison servuce does nt hav accurate record of prisoners in Nigeria.
They do
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
jagorinho:

shut up!!! if they are to release the ethnicity of prisoners, i am very sure you will be singing a new song.....at least we know the tribe that is ruling the legion of "foreign based prisoners"

Abeg who you be.. undecided
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by mathemagician3: 11:06pm On Mar 27, 2017
Marcus01:
how won't it be plenty. When people from different tribes won't stop trooping there. You'll be shocked at the number of igbos in Ile Ife. Ile Ife oh. Conc village. Wey be people's home town. Smh

When SW is listed as having the largest IGR, you don't argue about different tribes living amongst Yorubas, you don't give credit to Igbos living there and making contributions to the IGR but when it is crime rate or Prison population, you remember that other tribes live in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by jagorinho: 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
ozoebuka1:
You don't get it...I think you are confusing hardwork with marginalization and vice versa.

Hardwork is when I go to school and acquire my B.sc. so that I could be employed fairly.

Do you still think igbos stance on marginalization isn't justified?
There is no marginalization any where,it is not that one region of the country is extremely developed than the other, we have just been having a weak federal government(both present and past) that is corrupt and negligent of its duties,the federal government has failed everyone not only the south easterners.That is why i prefer a regional system of government where each region can decide its own fate......mind you,you can be hardworking and still be marginalised,the mere fact that your people are still allowed to shine in this country shows little credence to the frequent marginalization shouts.My broda!! 80% of nigerians are marginalised only those in power are not.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by wtfCode: 11:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
ehinmowo:
i cn bet my balls dt Nigeria prison servuce does nt hav accurate record of prisoners in Nigeria.
Which balls are u talking about grin
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Joshmedia1: 12:21am On Mar 28, 2017
figure007:
what about Ilorin?
It's also peaceful
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Coolgent(m): 12:36am On Mar 28, 2017
Chai see flat heads states!
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 28, 2017
triplewisdom:

Because of immigrants from South East!!!
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by willyratty(m): 12:55am On Mar 28, 2017
Over 2.000 inmate escape in ekiti Prison 2 years ago during ekiti prison brake so how do you expect them.....
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Chromite: 3:04am On Mar 28, 2017
Dottore:
People wasting away because of failed judiciary system.
Justice in Nigeria only favourable the highest bidder. Nonsense country
Exactly, our securities,secure only d rich
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:06am On Mar 28, 2017
ANAMBRA IS DOING WELL.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by summerflame(m): 6:30am On Mar 28, 2017
Marcus01:
how won't it be plenty. When people from different tribes won't stop trooping there. You'll be shocked at the number of igbos in Ile Ife. Ile Ife oh. Conc village. Wey be people's home town. Smh
..All dem flat headed nnamdi
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by kristian98(m): 7:10am On Mar 28, 2017
Marcus01:
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by kristian98(m): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2017
summerflame:
..All dem flat headed nnamdi
and how has it helped your life?
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by kristian98(m): 7:13am On Mar 28, 2017
f
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by mrikay: 7:31am On Mar 28, 2017
Debaddest:
I don't even know what to say than to say "HI" to my brothers and sisters from the other side known as Brown Roof republic (Sawt Waste).

You are drowning in a river of hate

1 Like

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by fujirice: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2017
Einl:
If you enter the National Assembly or Aso Rock, you'd find more prisoners... just that they haven't been arrested yet.
What are you even saying?
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Mcreloaded(m): 8:03am On Mar 28, 2017
The record can't just be right with the crime rate in Edo state where the government compromised on a massive scale with criminal elements who are youths during the elections and the news of crime coming out of Edo state is alarming especially with the way the police is dealing with them every day you will think crime will reduce but on the contrary the crime rate is increasing
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2017
triplewisdom:

Most of the immates are from the developers region..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Einl(m): 8:30am On Mar 28, 2017
fujirice:
What are you even saying?
Ain't my fault you can't read in between the lines.
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by drmuri(m): 9:21am On Mar 28, 2017
fuckboys:
y'all can see south east has the lowest compared to South west, later them go dey raise mouth for crime section angry
90% if criminals in south western jails are Igbos from biafrad republic. they troop to the south west to commit crime the way they troop to Asia to peddle hard drugs
Re: Number Of Un-sentenced Detainees And Overall Prison Population By State And Year by Werehkpe: 11:45am On Mar 28, 2017
[img][/img]

The guys that calculated all this must be VERY useless at maths

1. North Central for example.
Total unsentenced = 4798
Total prison population = 7721
%of unsentenced of prison population = 439.17%

How can this b? The %of unsentenced of prison population should be 62% (4798 divided by 7721 multiplied by 100% or 439.17 divided by 6. 6 being the number of states in North Central zone). The olodo who calculated this just added ALL the percentages of % of unsentenced prison population for all the states.

Thats how bad our educational system is right now. Too many unqualified people in government agencies and companies. Na who sabi who. Nepotism. Silly country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees / Two Die As Fulani, Yoruba Clash In Kwara / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Girlfriend In Italy (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.