Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees (28614 Views)

Commercial Bus Driver Sets Traffic Control Officer On Fire In Edo (video + photo / Police Investigate Attack On Traffic Officer Whose Head Was Broken With Bottle / Roland Asoro Wife Bites Edo Traffic Officer For Impounding Her Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by NaMe4: 7:39am On Feb 10
An unidentified commercial bus driver is said to be on the run after allegedly setting an officer of the Edo State Traffic Management Agency ablaze along Sapele Road in Benin, the state capital.

City Round gathered that the driver of the bus, with registration number Osun FFE 145 XA, violated a traffic rule at Adesua junction along Sapele Road on Friday and was arrested.

One of the EDSTMA officers said the driver became violent when an attempt was made to arrest him.

It was learnt that as soon as a traffic officer was directed to take the vehicle to the office of the EDTSMA, the driver stripped himself naked, took a keg of petrol from his vehicle, poured it on the official and set him ablaze.

Efforts to reach the spokesperson of the EDSTMA, Roland Owolabi, were not successful.

But in a video on social media with pictures of the vehicle, a man suspected to be an EDSTMA official was heard saying, “The driver committed a traffic offence, and officers of the Zone 2 enforcement team apprehended him and asked him to gently take the bus to the base but he refused, he resisted arrest and started fighting everyone.

“At the end of the day, one of the officers was asked to take the bus to the base. The driver brought out petrol, got himself naked, poured the petrol on the officer on the bus and set him ablaze.

“As we speak, the officer is receiving treatment in a hospital here in Benin City. The bus driver is on the run.”

https://punchng.com/driver-sets-edo-traffic-officer-ablaze-flees/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by NaMe4: 7:41am On Feb 10
It definitely was expected to come to this point.

When everyone acted carefree, allowing charlatans destroy the State.
Most of these touts cannot attempt what they do in Edo in other States - Edo has become a free land to demonstrate idiocy.

Over 90% of commercial drivers and delivery bike riders do not obey traffic lights. They drive past red lights, obstructing traffic and injuring or killing other road users. I have witnessed such accidents.

Even some private drivers have shamelessly joined such low-level behaviour.

The greatest blame goes to Edo State government and the EDSTMA.

When many of them abandon the mandate and turn traffic management to a business venture, compromising the few who intend to work, this is what we would start seeing.

In addition, there are some touts who wear brown polo shirts with black pants and face caps around Oba Market traffic light.
Those ones have instituted severe nuisance there, targeting what they feel are expensive cars for extortion. Meanwhile, bus drivers have become wild chimpanzees at that area.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by FarmPlanetNG: 7:41am On Feb 10
Too many sick minded people in our world

14 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by BigBlackPreek(m): 7:43am On Feb 10
Nawa o this is serious he should be apprehended and face the full wrath of the law

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by nicho450(m): 7:47am On Feb 10
Devil shocked

Check my signature
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Nwodosis(m): 7:53am On Feb 10
Hunger induced madness is the worst form of madness, it shows no signs and symptoms untill the victim is provoked.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Customised3(f): 8:08am On Feb 10
This is sign of frustration.
We write school projects, thesis, proposals, dissertation.
Do well to check my signature for our WhatsApp detail.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by searchng4love: 8:19am On Feb 10
Good. Those Edo thugs deserved more

10 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Cassandraloius: 8:22am On Feb 10
Omg! What a wicked soul?

2 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Bobloco: 8:36am On Feb 10
These are signs of the great tinubulation.

People are now frustrated.

18 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Pat081: 8:53am On Feb 10
[b]
[b]It was learnt that as soon as a traffic officer was directed to take the vehicle to the office of the EDTSMA, the driver stripped himself naked, took a keg of petrol from his vehicle, poured it on the official and set him ablaze.[
/b][/b]my question is that are they all sleeping with people around him before doing that?and let him do that,that means they are all foolish with the officer too you see someone that want to kill you and you wait for it to happen

6 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by bnanny: 8:56am On Feb 10
After showing your madness to end another man life. Why running? He should be made to face the full consequences of his madness. Everyone is always trying to be mad when they see security on the road or anywhere they see security officers. Forgotten that without security men it will only takes a week for mad people like this man to turn Nigeria into full time Haiti. Right now we are in same place with Liberia serie Leone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by TINTINABULATION(m): 10:19am On Feb 10
Let all Law Enforcement Officers take caution. Nigerians are already frustrated. Its a chaotic order of survival over civility.

The Government has failed them. The citizens are angry and fustrated. They no longer have money to finance the affluence of those in power & authority.

Personally, i feel no pity for the officer, he should have curtailed his overbloated ego. Discretion is the better part of valour. I always tell my friend in military/paramilitary; no do gra-gra with any Nigerian citizen.

Wisdom, the bible says, is profitable to direct.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by opalu: 11:49am On Feb 10
Wickedness
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Timoleon(m): 11:49am On Feb 10
Full grown man show frustration to the extent of going naked, yet the officer(s) were hell bent on taking his means of livelihood away. He brought out keg of petrol, they were still looking feeling like gods, he poured petrol on the vehicle, yet they didn't do anything until he set it on fire.

Unfortunately, Nigerians can't express mass anger. One thing is sure though, with the worsening economic situation, occurrences like this will be happening more frequently hence forth.

If you or your family member dey do this kind work, advice yourselves to quickly de-escalate tensions before an angry Nigerian sends you to somewhere you don't know.

10 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Skty: 11:49am On Feb 10
These officers can be annoying. I don't blame the driver

1 Like

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Obierika(m): 11:52am On Feb 10
Skty:
These officers can be annoying. I don't blame the driver

This does not justify the action of the driver

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by FoggedBrain: 11:52am On Feb 10
Pat081:
[b]
[b]It was learnt that as soon as a traffic officer was directed to take the vehicle to the office of the EDTSMA, the driver stripped himself naked, took a keg of petrol from his vehicle, poured it on the official and set him ablaze.[
/b][/b]my question is that are they all sleeping with people around him before doing that?and let him do that,that means they are all foolish with the officer too you see someone that want to kill you and you wait for it to happen

Omo e reach to ask oh. I mean how quickly can that happen without him being intervened?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Skty: 11:52am On Feb 10
TINTINABULATION:
Let all Law Enforcement Officers take caution. Nigerians are already frustrated. Its a chaotic order of survival over civility.

The Government has failed them. The citizens are angry and fustrated. They no longer have money to finance the affluence of those in power & authority.

Personally, i feel no pity for the officer, he should have curtailed his overbloated ego. Discretion is the better part of valour. I always tell my friend in military/paramilitary; no do gra-gra with any Nigerian citizen.

The officers are hungry too and didn't vote wisely. And want to take it out on the citizens. That was how I paid #30,000 to them for offence when Dem nor tell me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Solidkay(m): 11:52am On Feb 10
NaMe4:

Most of these touts cannot attempt what they do in Edo in other States - Edo has become a free land to demonstrate idiocy.

Over 90% of commercial drivers and delivery bike riders do not obey traffic lights. They drive past red lights, obstructing traffic and injuring or killing other road users. I have witnessed such accidents.

When many of them abandon the mandate and turn traffic management to a business venture, compromising the few who intend to work, this is what we would start seeing.

In addition, there are some touts who wear brown polo shirts with black pants and face caps around Oba Market traffic light.
Those ones have instituted severe nuisance there, targeting what they feel are expensive cars for extortion. Meanwhile, bus drivers have become wild chimpanzees at that area.

I don't reside in Edo but I agree with you.
Same applies to every other states of the federation.

1 Like

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Kobicove(m): 11:52am On Feb 10
Na bad state of the economy cause am, everybody just dey vex anyhow grin

4 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by whizzler: 11:53am On Feb 10
Pat081:
[b]

D thing tire me sef. What were the others doing when the driver brought out the fuel, poured it in the officer and still had enough time to ignite the man

5 Likes

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by publicenemy(m): 11:53am On Feb 10
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Morbeta11(m): 11:53am On Feb 10
" In the days of Balablu....the Nation of Nigeria sufferth violence and hunger....hunger taketh it by force"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Intergrated: 11:53am On Feb 10
NaMe4:

you think they are there for traffic control. With the level of hunger in the land expect more news like this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Pat081: 11:54am On Feb 10
FoggedBrain:

Omo e reach to ask oh. I mean how quickly can that happen without him being intervened?
That is my question too
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by inoki247: 11:54am On Feb 10
LASTMa, Road Safety and VIO beware....
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Righthussle: 11:58am On Feb 10
T
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by firearcher: 11:58am On Feb 10
TINTINABULATION:

You will excuse law breaking and attempted murder because there is hunger in the land? Because there is hunger in the land, we should all start acting like animals, killing, robbing and murdering ourselves

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Pat081: 11:58am On Feb 10
whizzler:

D thing tire me sef. What were the others doing when the driver brought out the fuel, poured it in the officer and still had enough time to ignite the man
That is foolishness they see someone that want to kill one of them and they are just looking at him police should arrest them all not the man only

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Pastor And His Family In Plateau (Graphic Photos) / Ebuka Ukachukwu 'Small Witch' Armed Robber Wanted By Police In Imo / Lagos Conductor Strips Unclad, Flees To Avoid Refunding Stranded Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.