Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,448 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady (1229 Views)

Will You Marry A Guy Or Lady Against Your Parents Wish? / Can He Really Come Back? / What's Your Definition Of A Broke Guy Or Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 1:11am On Mar 28, 2017
My wonderful people of N.L, i greet you all in the name of Christ Jesus and his love. It has not been an easy one out here as it has been hot all day long not because of the weather but because of a new insight to knowledge that has been presented to me by my DAD.

Uhmm! brosis and ladies to cut the long story short, My DAD is erudite of knowledge on his own and a strict DISCIPLINARIAN and that no one except God can take away from him; so it happens that he has always have his stand that during the wedding ceremony of a couple, that the MAN'S NAME SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE HIS LADY'S NAME AS THAT IS THE NORM THAT SHOULD BE PRACTICED NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND WHERE THE WIFE'S NAME APPEARS BEFORE HER HUSBAND'S NAME.

e.g.

It should be HECTOR weds BUNMI; and not BUNMI weds HECTOR

CAVEAT: the names here aren't in anyways in relation to any moniker here on N.L.

Lemme drop some of his reasons here, but i believe most feminist would never agree with me on this though but no shaking, as the saying goes "No Knowledge is Ever a Waste". So guys get ready to be enlightened likewise females.

MODS WHICH WAY FORWARD, PLZ PUSH THIS TO FRONT PAGE
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 28, 2017
Never thought of this prior now.... I am coming
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 1:15am On Mar 28, 2017
modelmike7:
Never thought of this prior now.... I am coming

Come back oooo and answer grin

On a sirius note i was shocked by his core reasons as it pertains to the subject matter.......
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by torres89: 1:25am On Mar 28, 2017
ladies first as they say
but i think it should be which ever rhymes well when both names are pronunced.
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 1:36am On Mar 28, 2017
torres89:
ladies first as they say

but i think it should be which ever rhymes well when both names are pronunced.

cheesy wow this is laughable bro, your thoughts just humor me. grin

REASONS FOR HAVING THE HUSBAND'S NAME BEFORE HIS WIFE'S NAME ARE AS FOLLOWS:

[b]1. CULTURE - some people are already saying they know this would come to play here, well you are not far fetched with your reasoning, as we were told that the term 'CULTURE' refers to the way, behavior and lifestyle of a group of people. It should also interest you to know that "when a man forgets his HISTORY such man is LOST to his existence", hence we should strive to remember that we once had a lifestyle before Western Civilization swept through the corridors of our Nation corroding away our basic lifestyle.
Be it the Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas which where on the fore front of colonization, never was the word and practice of the so called WHITE WEDDING CEREMONY in place as each tribe mainly recognizes one outstanding Marriage Ceremony and be it as it may, this is known as the TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE which solely recognizes the Man as the Head of the home and supported the case for the Man's name to be in the fore front and not otherwise as seen in present days.
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Exponental(m): 5:16am On Mar 28, 2017
It's a last honour given to you woman before marriage. Right from your wedding venue, you will be introduced as Mr & Mrs..... and forever (even if she footed all the wedding bills)
2ndly, she accepted your marriage proposal (under normal circumstances)

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by profhezekiah: 6:38am On Mar 28, 2017
The female name will come first because after d wedding she will hand over her leadership to d male,her dominion and care stops at wedding,she will use her life to please d man in marriage
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by AlexCk: 7:00am On Mar 28, 2017
As for me,
I care less whose name comes 1st.
That 1 no be priority jare

The only important thing is to have a blissful marriage biko
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by coltaine(m): 8:43am On Mar 28, 2017
hell no....my name comes first cos she coming into my home not the other way
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Exponental:
It's a last honour given to you woman before marriage. Right from your wedding venue, you will be introduced as Mr & Mrs..... and forever (even if she footed all the wedding bills)
2ndly, she accepted your marriage proposal (under normal circumstances)

I disagree with you, and this would be in the reason number two....

#2. The illusion that the WOMAN OWNS THE MARRIAGE is what is been used here. In Africa, no woman owns a marriage and the honor of a woman is in her MAN. So if you decide that your last honor to a woman is in her marriage to you, then what happens after her birth to your children. Besides the honor of a woman is displayed during her TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE(T.M) as it's the man who goes to seek for the hand of his lady in her fathers home not the other way around, therefore when you celebrate both T.M and W.W in the quest of honoring your wife for the LAST TIME, aren't you contradicting your earlier T.M

To disprove your Second claim, i would want you to know that it's the man that would leave his family to go seek after a lady of his choice, as they would into cleave to begin the Mans family. So if you ask me Marriage in Africa should be about the MAN not WOMAN because the man is the one bidding farewell to his immediate family to start his and not the woman

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2017
profhezekiah:
The female name will come first because after d wedding she will hand over her leadership to d male,her dominion and care stops at wedding,she will use her life to please d man in marriage

Answer this question honestly, and you would seek the answer you find.

Who really Owns the World? Is it the Man or the Woman.. If the earlier hence the woman has always been under the dominion of the Man from time immemorial as she is known to succumb to her parent(DAD) and to a higher authority the Man. No woman is born free, that is why you see the recent trend of Feminist trying so hard to get their freedom, which is never possible as many women are against their approach. So it's a natural trait. The Man is a Dominant Gene to the Woman's.
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 12:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
AlexCk:
As for me,
I care less whose name comes 1st.
That 1 no be priority jare

The only important thing is to have a blissful marriage biko

Abee you are so correct my broda, but that shouldn't stop you from correcting a long deficit mistake inherited by others. Be GUIDED oo, make you no come tomorrow come the cry for here oo after you done marry wink
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
coltaine:
hell no....my name comes first cos she coming into my home not the other way

cool Correct bro wink
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by profhezekiah: 1:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:

Answer this question honestly, and you would seek the answer you find.

Who really Owns the World? Is it the Man or the Woman.. If the earlier hence the woman has always been under the dominion of the Man from time immemorial as she is known to succumb to her parent(DAD) and to a higher authority the Man. No woman is born free, that is why you see the recent trend of Feminist trying so hard to get their freedom, which is never possible as many women are against their approach. So it's a natural trait. The Man is a Dominant Gene to the Woman's.
U are definitely right

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Pureheart91(m): 2:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:
My wonderful people of N.L, i greet you all in the name of Christ Jesus and his love. It has not been an easy one out here as it has been hot all day long not because of the weather but because of a new insight to knowledge that has been presented to me by my DAD.

Uhmm! brosis and ladies to cut the long story short, My DAD is erudite of knowledge on his own and a strict DISCIPLINARIAN and that no one except God can take away from him; so it happens that he has always have his stand that during the wedding ceremony of a couple, that the MAN'S NAME SHOULD ALWAYS COME BEFORE HIS LADY'S NAME AS THAT IS THE NORM THAT SHOULD BE PRACTICED NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND WHERE THE WIFE'S NAME APPEARS BEFORE HER HUSBAND'S NAME.

e.g.

It should be HECTOR weds BUNMI; and not BUNMI weds HECTOR

CAVEAT: the names here aren't in anyways in relation to any moniker here on N.L.

Lemme drop some of his reasons here, but i believe most feminist would never agree with me on this though but no shaking, as the saying goes "No Knowledge is Ever a Waste". So guys get ready to be enlightened likewise females.

MODS WHICH WAY FORWARD, PLZ PUSH THIS TO FRONT PAGE

HMMMMN...........ARE YOU FOR REAL
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Chuknovski(m): 2:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
it's a modern trend to put the lady name first it's sorf a courteous thing, modesty towards women, even me that print wedding cards for people I just respect their choices either way they want it
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Pureheart91(m): 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2017
Chuknovski:
it's a modern trend to put the lady name first it's sorf a courteous thing, modesty towards women, even me that print wedding cards for people I just respect their choices either way they want it

BUT OGA I THINK THE OP IS TRYING TO TELL US THAT THIS MODERN TREND IS A SHAM ABEE SUMTINELSE..

OP AM I CORRECT?
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Chuknovski(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pureheart91:

BUT OGA I THINK THE OP IS TRYING TO TELL US THAT THIS MODERN TREND IS A SHAM ABEE SUMTINELSE..

OP AM I CORRECT?

he only presented his own opinion and solicited that of others

1 Like

Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Pureheart91(m): 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
Chuknovski:

he only presented his own opinion and solicited that of others

OKAY, BUT I WANT TO KNOW SINCE DIS IS UR LINE OF BUISNESS, HAVE YOU SEEN A GUY DOING THE OTHERWISE DURING HIS PRINTOUT
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Lunagirl(f): 2:38pm On Mar 28, 2017
People like to carry unnecessary things and make it major issues. So basically,

1) You scaled through the hustle of gathering money for wedding and raising a family.

2) You scaled through the hustle of finding a good partner in this adulterated world.

3) You scaled through village people and their antics.

And then the issue at hand will now be whose name should be on the wedding IV page. Why should it even matter? If it must be discussed, I don't expect it to be a serious discussion. If he wants his name there, fine. If he wants mine, fine. It shouldn't even matter!

But who am I to talk? I still dey find the kin husband sef grin grin
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Chuknovski(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pureheart91:

OKAY, BUT I WANT TO KNOW SINCE DIS IS UR LINE OF BUISNESS, HAVE YOU SEEN A GUY DOING THE OTHERWISE DURING HIS PRINTOUT

a lot, just like I said either way some choose the girls name before Thiers and others vice versa, based on religious reason, cultures, ego,or personal decisions, although I sometimes influence the indecisive ones to put the lady first, since she's coming as an addition to the guy, so hope have answered well?
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pureheart91:

OP AM I CORRECT?

Its my strong OPINION that when doing something its worth doing the RIGHTWAY, and its not everything that the westernworld throw unto our path we have to copy because they have their own way of reasoning and behavior.
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
Lunagirl:
People like to carry unnecessary things and make it major issues. So basically,

1) You scaled through the hustle of gathering money for wedding and raising a family.

2) You scaled through the hustle of finding a good partner in this adulterated world.

3) You scaled through village people and their antics.

And then the issue at hand will now be whose name should be on the wedding IV page. Why should it even matter? If it must be discussed, I don't expect it to be a serious discussion. If he wants his name there, fine. If he wants mine, fine. It shouldn't even matter!

But who am I to talk? I still dey find the kin husband sef grin grin

grin grin grin i am loving your stand dear, yet that shouldn't mean when we see the wrong thing we shouldn't correct it and turn a blind eye to it na.

Meanwhile success in ur quest dear, if no be onething i would have started wooing you, but hey i have got to be descent Guy wink

have a nyc day babe kiss
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by eyinjuege: 6:05am On Apr 11, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:

Its my strong OPINION that when doing something its worth doing the RIGHTWAY, and its not everything that the westernworld throw unto our path we have to copy because they have their own way of reasoning and behavior.

Wedding Invitation cards are definitely western. So also is the church/ white wedding especially wearing of the wedding dress started by Queen Victoria of Britain, which subsequently found its way to us centuries later.

If we gladly and even proudly accept these westerm world activities, what is wrong in writing the names on the IVs the way they do? Afterall, we copied the concept of wedding IVs from them, We copied the marriage rites from them, so what is the hullaballo about?
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by Medunah: 6:12am On Apr 11, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:

Guy, seems u already made up ur mind.....wats the point of asking for other people's opinion then??
Re: Whose Name Should Really Come First When Printing A Wedding Card;the Guy Or Lady by MummyIMadeIt: 7:28pm On Sep 14, 2017
Medunah:

Guy, seems u already made up ur mind.....wats the point of asking for other people's opinion then??

Knowledge

(1) (Reply)

Guy's What Is Your Takes On This / Must Read : House Of Lust (18+) Season 1 Episode 5 / Should I Be Worried?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.