Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President (5616 Views)

Yorubas Sign Petition Against Okonjo Iwela's Yale Award / Ribadu Defends Okonjo-iwela Over Alleged missing 30trn / Alleged N30tr Missing Under Okonjo-iwela Impossible! - Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by OAM4J: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2009
Now my question.

How can you have someone unpopular meet all those criteria?

Where did Okonjo Iweala fail on that list?
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Kobojunkie: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2009
OAM4J:

Now my question.

How can you have someone unpopular meet all those criteria?

Where did Okonjo Iweala fail on that list?

I think you are asking the wrong questions of me at this point. How can an UNKNOWN meet all these criteria's? Not sure why you ask that question. Where did Okonja Iweala fail on that list? I will say it is simply that she does not meet all necessary criteria in my opinion, and it may not just be one or it could be all put together.

Not sure if you have ever hired anyone before. But when hiring, you look at people's resumes and then compare it with what you are looking for. If is not not a good fit, it simply isn't.

Why don't you tell of your list and how you came to conclude that she meets the criteria for you. and maybe we can call it a day.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by OAM4J: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2009
proudly9ja:

OAM4J
I really praise your patience and endurance. I ran out of patience looong time ago.

Thanks. Its all for our our good. We must be able to clearly define what/who we want, else we keep chasing shadows.  cool
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by OAM4J: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think you are asking the wrong questions of me at this point. How can an UNKNOWN meet all these criteria's? Not sure why you ask that question.

I asked because you are an advocate of a new meat (Unknown). And i wonder how a non tested, non popular person would have pass that list.

Kobojunkie:

Why don't you tell of your list and how you came to conclude that she meets the criteria for you. and maybe we can call it a day.

I have no problem with your list. My list wouldn't have been different from yours. Just that scoring Okonjo on that list would have earned her more than 80% from me.

The only area am not too sure of her capability is on ( f) ability to command (the respect) of our military (and command effectivelyl).
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On Dec 23, 2009
OAM4J:

I asked because you are an advocate of a new meat (Unknown). And i wonder how a non tested, non popular person would have pass that list.

I have no problem with your list. My list wouldn't have been different from yours. Just that scoring Okonjo on that list would have earned her more than 80% from me.

The only area am not too sure of her capability is on ( f) ability to command (the respect) of our military (and command effectivelyl).

Well, I am glad you are able to share your view on it then. I have mine; you have yours. That's all this is really about !
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by OAM4J: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well, I am glad you are able to share your view on it then. I have mine; you have yours. That's all this is really about !

Yes that's all is about. thanks. cool
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by DisGuy: 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2009
Anadin Extra---anyone? cheesy
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by paddylo1(m): 12:20am On Dec 24, 2009
Anadin Extra---anyone?

is that like panadol extra? if so  give me double dose

some ppl like to type a lot of looooooong things without making much any sense

like someone said mr OAM4J,  u are quite long suffering and slow to anger

perhaps u should forward your name as nomination for the naija presidency as u are also not popular. . .

anyways as for Okonjo-iweala. . i think she is too good for Nigeria

i love naija with all my heart but such leaders are never allowed to materialize in my country

i pray we get someone half as good as her next time. . .
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by mekusxxx: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2009
Okonjo Iweala should not fall for the bait of coming to revive a carcass waiting to be interred. Th[b]e dead-body[/b] should be left for final cremation and burial by the hausa/fulani and their Yoruba collaborators.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Nobody: 12:44am On Dec 24, 2009
Wetin concern agbero with overload.Cecelia ibru stole oceanic bank money,what does that have to do with yoruba.Tell me but no long grammar
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by mekusxxx: 12:50am On Dec 24, 2009
^^^^^ (if you refered to me)
Cecilia Ibru na govt woman? Why your eye see only Yoruba? You no see hausa/fulani there? Tribalist.

I hope that was short enough grin
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by mamagee3(f): 12:53am On Dec 24, 2009
Is Okonjo Iweala the same criminal that stole money from Nigeria
And used the money in buying 12 cars and renovating her home
? undecided
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by mekusxxx: 12:58am On Dec 24, 2009
mama-gee:

Is Okonjo Iweala the same criminal that stole money from Nigeria
And used the money in buying 12 cars and renovating her home
? undecided

Hm! Do you know what is libel, especially as you and the Okonjo woman dey USA? Your IP dey show oh!
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Becomrrich: 2:46am On Dec 24, 2009
Okonjo Iwela cant not win in nigeria. I dont think she has the right network to be president.
she may not be able to win beyoud 6 states.
Vice president may be, that is the best. it is hard to win in nigeria.

In nigeria your ethnics group sometime is in your favour. you are 100% going to carry your ethnics group if you are running against someone from another ethnics group.

An igbo person is nearly going to win 5 or 6 state. 100% If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 11 state sure)
Yorubaman is 100% sure of 10 state. If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 15 state sure)
Hausa man is sure of 9 state. If he is running against a southerner, the number of state goes to ( 14 state sure)

Kanuri man is sure of 2 state. If he is running against a southerner, the number of state goes to ( 13 state sure)

south south is sure of 5 state. If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 15 state sure)
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by asha80(m): 6:28am On Dec 24, 2009
See semantic debate
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by FACE(m): 9:57am On Dec 24, 2009
, and OAM4J wins the "Most Patient Person" award of the century. Some people just argue for the heck of it, getting their points twisted and conflicting. Hmmm ROFLMAO.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by chuqudy(m): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2009
Is this a campaign or what? We are just talking about Yar Adua sickness and about the possibility of Goodluck taking over. Now Okonjo Iwela abi iweala. Well if you can make her President na you sabi.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by jupita: 11:59am On Dec 24, 2009
conjectures like this won't go behold nairaland.
iweala is a technocrat, i dont think she has the guts for nigerian politics.
she should just protect her reputation (she should take a cue from dora)
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by MUNEER2(m): 12:48pm On Dec 24, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I just can't stop laughing
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Funny Nigerians
grin grin grin grin
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by SEFAGO(m): 12:56pm On Dec 24, 2009
An igbo person is nearly going to win 5 or 6 state. 100% If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 11 state sure)
Yorubaman is 100% sure of 10 state. If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 15 state sure)
Hausa man is sure of 9 state. If he is running against a southerner, the number of state goes to ( 14 state sure)

Kanuri man is sure of 2 state. If he is running against a southerner, the number of state goes to ( 13 state sure)

south south is sure of 5 state. If he is running against a northerner, the number of state goes to ( 15 state sure)

Seems you are suffering from an impulsive disorder, do u just start typing Poo as it comes to ur mind? I dont really understand your analysis.

@topic
Okonjo iweala can't play African gangster politics. Its the wild wild west in nigeria. You need to be born, bred, and have lived in nigeria for a significant amount of time b4 u can win Local government not to talk of presidency
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Youngichou(m): 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2009
@poster pls you had a nice post @ nairalanders do a tortoise who try's exhibiting the character of a dog suddenly becomes a dog ? No it's not possible. So also if you all think she will be a good president ? Oops yes i agree but she does not have that commanding power and authority. Besides she's too quiet and mild showing pity to all. If this kind of people are allowed to rule they wont want to punish any1 for wrong crimes this will yield to more crimes and at last her image abashed.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by oneluvb55(f): 1:59pm On Dec 24, 2009
lol!
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by manuelo130: 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2009
@Kobojunkie,

Its so confusing to decipher your line of arguement. I have taken some time to go through your posts and still cannot see a pattern.
You seem to be saying 2 different things at the same time.
Anyway when it comes to the issue of good governance in Nigeria it evokes so much emotions among Nigerians for obvious reasons and so i'm not surprised with some responses.
The truth is that Okonjo Iweala is a worthy, patriotic, proven Nigerian and the fact that she had been in Nigerian political circle is not enough to disqualify her from future posts.
Objectivity demands that we look at every individual based on records, as you said in your post. So without wasting so much time and in the spirit of rubbing minds together, can you tell us those records against Okonjo Iweala that disqualify her from holding the highest office in this country.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by chuxy12(m): 3:07pm On Dec 24, 2009
i have following this thread quietly and i am a bit confused on the thought pattern of kobojunky. He( i perceive he is a guy) is either an incurable armchair critic or an unrepentant idealist full of unworkable theories an ideas. guy wake up and reason realistically.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Dearstar: 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2009
Well I dont know how most Nigerians see things some are outside the country feel and think they much and some are around yet will I say confused no ignorant.
Well on the topic Iweala is good going on her records I can say she's honest & gat will power but on the other hand can she withstand pressure or will she run to come back another day(resign).
On issue about new n old meat  well on nija corridors of power fellow new meat are not allowed. The kind of leader that can deliver Nig   for me is a sort of a freedom fighter someone who can fight for a cause who can stand up face the leaders and say enough is enough who can organise peacefull rallies an eloquent speaker who can stand n let us identify our problem n priority and so on for only then can we say no to corruption no to power failure no to pdp no intimidations etc .
However, this our Mandela , Luther king, Che Guevara can be ol or new meat its just all about dedication,determination n love for ones country cos u might not be alive to see it accomplished .
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Johnnoo(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2009
Let her just try. The so-called "power that be" will loose their hold on this nation 1day. . .
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by ib612(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2009
Popular simply means liked or appreciated!

New and popular, as used, are not in anyways connected. If you are not popular you may not get any vote and, in this case, does not mean you are "old meat".

In a constructive argument, you need to have a pattern that's easily understood and well comprehended; not interposed words that have conflicting meaning when used in the same line of argument.

When you are popular - appreciated - on those things you do or might have done, you are more or less active, progressive and PROVEN.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by johnkenty(m): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2009
my 2015 president if not soludo arrangement:
option 1: okonjo iwuala/donald duke
option 2: emeka anyaoku/fashola
option 3: ken nnamani/ajumogobia/ribadu
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Favormi(m): 5:34pm On Dec 24, 2009
Mine is {Namadi Sambo/Okonjo Eweala
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by monkeyleg: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
We Nigerians are very good at doing one thing, sitting from afar and condemming others, especially those who dont deserve it. During the last election, I spent countless hours on sites like this telling people why it was important for us to see things differently for once and vote for change.

I had a lot of well educated people fight me over the fact that I suggested that Pat Utomi might be the guy. The usual slogan, "He cant win, so I wont vote for him", I even heard even more absurd excuses. My point at that time and still remains so "please look at the US", was that Nigeria was well overdue change from the norm, which we all know are the same old same old.

I think we need to all go back to basics, forget all this fancy stuff and look for someone progressive, and when I mean progressive will get the basics right, Light, Water, Road, Security, Health, then we can start talking about the sexy stuff. Someone who has vision to assemble a complete and reliable team, someone Good people will be prepared to work for. Someone that you and I will be prepared to serve as a leader.

We have some good people, but we are not ready to give them a chance. I really find it short sighted when people come on here and run a potentially good candidate down, maybe this is were collectively as Nigerians we are failing ourselves.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Beaf: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Well,  the list is a long one but I think the following will do for this

a) Person with proven leadership track record
b) A great team player
c) Has managed at least 5K people in the past and shown his/herself capable of not only delivering and running a good team, but also understands that he/she is responsible for work done by each and every member of his/her team
d) Good understanding of job responsibilities, government and the role of the people in government
e) Great understanding and openness to listen to the people at all levels
f) Ability to ensure command our military
g) Ability to represent us internationally
h) Ability to manage the government, making sure decisions and programs are carried out effectively, with help of members of the cabinet
i) Understands that his/her duties are to SERVE the people even as he/she is appointed to rule
j) Ability to make decisions(especially under pressure) that will better the lot of the citizenry

Stu pid. The list is long [/b]and [b]empty.

And of course, even with this long list, kobojunkie's candidate can be visionless (there is no mention of vision in the long empty list). Not only can kobojunkie's candidate be a visionless clown, they are also allowed to be corrupt (no mention of corruption in the long empty list). Also, they can be either cowards or plain daft (no mention of courage, wisdom or intelligence). . . I could go on until 2010, so many commonsense attributes of a leader are missing. . .

The list is just a loud effusion of hot air (but then, they say our words define us). There is no point shouting others down, when you have little (or nothing) to offer.
Re: Mrs Okonjo Iwela For President by Beaf: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2009
monkeyleg:

We Nigerians are very good at doing one thing, sitting from afar and condemming others, especially those who dont deserve it. During the last election, I spent countless hours on sites like this telling people why it was important for us to see things differently for once and vote for change.

I had a lot of well educated people fight me over the fact that I suggested that Pat Utomi might be the guy. The usual slogan, "He cant win, so I wont vote for him", I even heard even more absurd excuses. My point at that time and still remains so "please look at the US", was that Nigeria was well overdue change from the norm, which we all know are the same old same old.

I think we need to all go back to basics, forget all this fancy stuff and look for someone progressive, and when I mean progressive will get the basics right, Light, Water, Road, Security, Health, then we can start talking about the sexy stuff. Someone who has vision to assemble a complete and reliable team, someone Good people will be prepared to work for. Someone that you and I will be prepared to serve as a leader.

We have some good people, but we are not ready to give them a chance. I really find it short sighted when people come on here and run a potentially good candidate down, maybe this is were collectively as Nigerians we are failing ourselves.

Do you live is SE London? We might have met.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal Speech At 2013 Budget Presentation / Jonathan In France For Summit On Peace And Security In Africa / Former NSA Sambo Dansuki Arrested!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.