Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? (17368 Views)

Minimum Wage: How Much Was Added To Your Salary In December 2019? / Your Salary Is Not Enough If You Experience These Signs / 7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by profmallor: 10:51am On Apr 11, 2018
I like this approach, now will apply to feeding and all..
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by marvin906(m): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2018
i dont pay a dime

1 Share

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by FrenchWay: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2018
Over 400%
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by prestige2013: 10:52am On Apr 11, 2018
10- 15%
Live within your income....., if other funds comes in invest it in your future or properties. Don't dream you will make it big before your rent due. Live and plan on your income.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Unlimited22: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2018
DonVikings:
Wrong. That is about 8% na.

100/12 is 8.33.
2/12. 1/6. Multiply by 100

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by bettercreature(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2018
Mine should be around 800%.My salary is 14k

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by damsy01(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2018
%10
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Jethrolite(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A wise person uses 100% of their salary in the first few years of working to ensure they never have to spend even 1% of their salary on rent in the future.
Abeg shut up. Must you fool yourself everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Zinny25(f): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2018
Thank God I still live with my parents... If not my monthly salary in 10 years won't be enough to pay the annual rent. God please I need a better job so my two months salary would pay my rent. Amen

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 11, 2018
A colleague once told me, if you can't conveniently pay ur rent with at most 1 month salary.

Then you are probably working for your landlord!

5 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by OreoPaschal(m): 10:58am On Apr 11, 2018
Jethrolite:
Abeg shut up. Must you fool yourself everywhere.

There is actually sense in what he said, I suggest you read between the lines of his words.

No need of being rude. cool

3 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by joejoe3: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2018
150% and I don't like the apartment.

I need to work harder.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by tabisegroup(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

A wise person uses 100% of their salary in the first few years of working to ensure they never have to spend even 1% of their salary on rent in the future.
Where is ur theory coming from

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by OhiOfIhima: 10:59am On Apr 11, 2018
ikaboy:
Most house rents are finance by tips, runs and fraudulent practices in work place. As a supplier i know what I see with workers especially admin /procurement people. Those guys cannot make heaven.
Oga Sir, Make I join ur team pls oo... Dis monthly salary without side income or side business is a hell to me.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by KiziitoKennel(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
PLEASE WHO HAS A USA LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT HERE? PM
i have an account.contact me via whatapps .if you need my contact let me know
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by OhiOfIhima: 11:01am On Apr 11, 2018
Zinny25:
Thank God I still live with my parents... If not my monthly salary in 10 years won't be enough to pay the annual rent. God please I need a better job so my two months salary would pay my rent. Amen
I tab from ur prayer sister... Amiiiin ooo
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by MrHighSea: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2018
lekahm:
A colleague once told me, if you can't conveniently pay ur rent with at least 1 month salary.

Then you are probably working for your landlord!
... at most...
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Jethrolite(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2018
OreoPaschal:

There is actually sense in what he said, I suggest you read between the lines of his words.

No need of being rude. cool
There is no sense. Take the mean salary of the average Nigerian worker, do your calculation and compare to the average cost of building a house. If Nigeria had a functional 30 years mortgage system then he would have made sense.

4 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by jojomario(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2018
Akumjum:
No time for salary job. Strictly businessp and hustle thingz.
what business bro? Jamisi
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by bamsonkumu(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2018
Cutejaelyn:
PLEASE WHO HAS A USA LOCAL BANK ACCOUNT HERE? PM
@cutejaelyn i have you can contact me
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Buffalowings3(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2018
Roughly two months salary for a years rent.
Or
One sixth of my monthly salary for the house rent in a month
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Gerrard59(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2018
daroz:
Your annual rent should never exceed your two months salary, otherwise you are on a very long thing . Be wise bro.

A non-Lagosian has spoken.

7 Likes

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by sekundosekundo: 11:12am On Apr 11, 2018
DonVikings:
Mine is two months out of twelve.

#30k BMC salary × 2 = #60k.

This must be face me I slap you cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Lastanza: 11:16am On Apr 11, 2018
Very interesting question for all of us to reason out. Like as said above, how many months of one's salary should actually foot the bill of the annual rent. One month?, two months? etc.
How many percent of one's monthly salary or income should be appropriate for rent.

The self employed folks are not left out. You should know how much you earn in a month and it's rent percentage.

I'm planning on renting a house soonest and would like to get objective and experienced advice.
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by squarelead(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2018
6.1%
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Ephort: 11:20am On Apr 11, 2018
My annual rent is 8% of my annual salary net of taxes and statutory contributions, and 24% of my annual salary net of all other recurrent expenses.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by kazyhm(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2018
150.5%
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by MicroBox: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2018
Own crib....
Free from that...
Alhamdullilah....
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Jaytecq(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2018
My one month salary caters for my annual rent.

anyway. contact me for any Graphics job
@jaytecq on instagram
Re: What % Of Your Salary Pays Your Rent? by Ephort: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2018
Lastanza:
Very interesting question for all of us to reason out. Like as said above, how many months of one's salary should actually foot the bill of the annual rent. One month?, two months? etc.
How many percent of one's monthly salary or income should be appropriate for rent.

The self employed folks are not left out. You should know how much you earn in a month and it's rent percentage.

I'm planning on renting a house soonest and would like to get objective and experienced advice.

Is it not better to use percentage of the income left after removing all recurrent expenses like feeding, transport, home running, etc. This is because you pay your rent from what is left after those expenses. Some people's rent could be 10% of their salary and 70% of their take-home after the above is factored.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Data Analytics A Promising Career Path? / Oyo Government Sacks 662 Workers, Distributes Sack Letters / Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.