Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. (1059 Views)

3 Weeks To Wedding & I'm Confused! Please Advise Me / She Wanted Me To Date Her, But I Am Confused, Please Enlighten Me / I Want To Break Up With Her But I'm Confused. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by usman3688(m): 6:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
Hello nairalanders. just to seek your opinion on this issue that has been bothering me for weeks now. I used to date this girl and we grew apart after I got admission in to the university, we never broke up but we just stopped dating. but before we stopped dating I once asked her if there is a chancenof us getting married and her response was always not encouraging; always giving me excuses like we are of the same age and it might not work our and so on. she is presently serving in zamfara and I am serving in Niger and we have been communicating a lot lately.
it happened that we were charting some days back and I she asked me what my plans were after service to which I replied; I have scattered plans, the next thing she asked was if I had her in my plans and I was like what do u mean to which she replied I should forget about it.
After some days I asked her about it again and she wasn't forth coming then I asked her if she was still in love with me and she said she never stopped loving me.
Now the issue is I am not ready for marriage, we r age mates and we r both close to 30, she's some one I still like so much cos we connect very well and the chemistry between us is great. My fear is that if we should get back together she might want to pressure me into marriage, I see her as someone with great potential and of good character.
pls I need ur candid advice on this. Thanks
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by Young03(m): 6:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
She abadoned u thinkin u will not make it which u still never make am bt u go make am

age is knocking for her, bros bullshit her n find a young intelligent and vibrant girl

i know u may not take our advices from here

bye

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by enesty77(m): 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
So you are close to 30 and you still can't make a concrete decision on your own as regards to this issue.. bro
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by usman3688(m): 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
enesty77:
So you are close to 30 and you still can't make a concrete decision on your own as regards to this issue.. bro
its sounds like all ur life u've never asked someone for advice and u know everything. sorry Mr know all!!!
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
na wa , tried of reading long stories cry
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by enesty77(m): 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
usman3688:

its sounds like all ur life u've never asked someone for advice and u know everything. sorry Mr know all!!!
Don't take it personal bro. All am saying is, you are the only person who can make the best decision for your life at that stage of yours. #peace
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by NevetsIbot(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
people! It's '' CHAT ,CHATTING" not ''CHART, CHARTING"
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by 2dice01: 12:26am On Mar 29, 2017
women are the greatest scam ever created

After she don flex with dem fvckboys finish she come remember you abi..

Kindly sister zone her

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by sirusX(m): 1:25am On Mar 29, 2017
usman3688

From all you're saying, it's obvious she has a particular deadline to being single, and she sees being married as the next thing to achieve (some ladies are wired that way...if not parental or peer pressure).

So, her questioning your plan for your life was to know when you would be ready to take her to that next level, or if she's even a part of your plan for the future...so, based on all you say, she sizes you up to know if you're worth waiting for, and if you can provide the kind of financial security she needs in a home

Her love for you is conditional, and even if you've done a whole lot for her in the past, what matters is now and the future

Usually, students within the same age bracket currently dating in school marry based on different scenarios:
1. Either you get a job/start a business asap and the pay is good enough to raise a home
2. If she's the trustworthy type that sees potential in you and wouldn't mind being committed to when you'd be ready
3. If you both focus on career goals while dating now and plan to get married later on

Either way, it seems you might lose her to a guy (your mate or someone older) who's an already made man or on his way up

Usually, you hear the talk...date a younger lady (it's not a guarantee, but then you're given time to hustle up before you take the next step or she plays the marriage card)

MY ADVICE:
Communicate about what's necessary:
*get to understand her feelings, emotions, mindset and plan for her life.

*since you both drifted apart, you need to begin again and try to reconnect...cz you just can't continue where you left off and start talking about marriage

*on your plan for the future, get her to explain what she meant by "scattered"...maybe she has a better idea on something she feels you might be doing wrong

*never be pressured into marriage cz you feel she's the best thing that ever happened to you

In the end, only you can decide if you fight for her, or just let her go
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by usman3688(m): 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
sirusX:
usman3688

From all you're saying, it's obvious she has a particular deadline to being single, and she sees being married as the next thing to achieve (some ladies are wired that way...if not parental or peer pressure).

So, her questioning your plan for your life was to know when you would be ready to take her to that next level, or if she's even a part of your plan for the future...so, based on all you say, she sizes you up to know if you're worth waiting for, and if you can provide the kind of financial security she needs in a home

Her love for you is conditional, and even if you've done a whole lot for her in the past, what matters is now and the future

Usually, students within the same age bracket currently dating in school marry based on different scenarios:
1. Either you get a job/start a business asap and the pay is good enough to raise a home
2. If she's the trustworthy type that sees potential in you and wouldn't mind being committed to when you'd be ready
3. If you both focus on career goals while dating now and plan to get married later on

Either way, it seems you might lose her to a guy (your mate or someone older) who's an already made man or on his way up

Usually, you hear the talk...date a younger lady (it's not a guarantee, but then you're given time to hustle up before you take the next step or she plays the marriage card)

MY ADVICE:
Communicate about what's necessary:
*get to understand her feelings, emotions, mindset and plan for her life.

*since you both drifted apart, you need to begin again and try to reconnect...cz you just can't continue where you left off and start talking about marriage

*on your plan for the future, get her to explain what she meant by "scattered"...maybe she has a better idea on something she feels you might be doing wrong

*never be pressured into marriage cz you feel she's the best thing that ever happened to you

In the end, only you can decide if you fight for her, or just let her go
thanks , u r appreciated

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by usman3688(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
NevetsIbot:
people! It's '' CHAT ,CHATTING" not ''CHART, CHARTING"
auto correct did that, it wasn't my mistake
Re: I'm Confused, Please Help Me With Your Advice. by sirusX(m): 4:13pm On Mar 29, 2017
usman3688:

thanks , u r appreciated
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Romancelanders, Please Open / Marie Claire Sa’s “the Naked Issue” - 19 SA Stars Pose Nude For Good Cause - +18 / Guys, Have You Ever "Friendzoned" Yourself?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.