Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question (4466 Views)

Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time! (Real Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:
you're just living on assumptions and thus you have no clear valid form of evidence to proof the existence of God and thus your argument is Permanently invalid. Or could be placed as fallacy. Thank you.

Your dictum shows you ar a lawyer....on the other hand, i am not here to convince you or give you proves for God as no one could convince me either......

Christianity is faith based...and the exercise of faith is a choice that is open to all including your very self......no one is forcing you to believe, and even an uncontroverted prove will not kill the doubt in your heart....unless God touch you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:

God doesn't even exist talkless of being science. Or wait. Prove to me beyond every reason with a valid proof of content scientifically presence, form and act of God since you know much about him. Please if you fail to give concrete and convincing with exhibit of proof to lay and support you arguement to the point of science. Then you should get out of this forum
you go wait tire
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:
have you ever seen a Spirit before. This still summons up to my final verdict that you don't know what to say about this topic. So just give up. I've quoted you earlier
So you just dae notice.? Lol.....

Em not gonna respond to any of his mentions cos ehh, they induce nausea
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

So you just dae notice.? Lol.....

Em not gonna respond to any of his mentions cos ehh, they induce nausea

grin grin grin grin there is a power behind that.....feel free to vomit....we won't notice it at all.....there something in your system that need to come out.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:
have you ever seen a Spirit before. This still summons up to my final verdict that you don't know what to say about this topic. So just give up. I've quoted you earlier

"your final verdict" undecided

seeing spirit will not convince your harden heart.......as for Noah's ark, you are right, i know nothing about it because i was not there and i did not see and i don't care.......as for God, I had a personal encounter with His POWER....i can see that you not only doubt God but you also doubt your self...
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
urheme:

"your final verdict" undecided

seeing spirit will not convince your harden heart.......as for Noah's ark, you are right, i know nothing about it because i was not there and i did not see and i don't care.......as for God, I had a personal encounter with His POWER....i can see that you not only doubt God but you also doubt your self...
define explaining on simple analysis how you encountered the power, which form was the power, color, taste, smell and any other attributes of the power you encountered

PS. What you don't know you can't say it,
if you try to say it,
you can't explain it,
if you try to explain it
you can't comprehend it.

And if you try to comprehend you're a jockey. angry grin

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 10:34am On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Yes
so tell me what really happened, what led to your disbelief?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 11:48am On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
so tell me what really happened, what led to your disbelief?
It is a short story, but it took a long while.

It started with exposure to the history of religions.
And my exposure to epistemology(what does it mean to know).

I studied objectively. I didn't let my believes cloud my judgement. I saw the faults in Islam, without bias, I had to accept when I identified same flaws in christianity too.

I stopped making excuses for things that didn't add up in the bible... there is are a lot of questions I used to dodge with ready-made answers I didn't understand...

I sincerely dropped all claims I have no evidence to back up. Re-examined my beliefs from time to time... and gradually I found myself on the side of an agnostist.

Check up the story of Buddha, Krishna, Zeus, Thor, etc
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 11:54am On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
It is a short story, but it took a long while.

It started with exposure to the history of religions.
And my exposure to epistemology(what does it mean to know).

I studied objectively. I didn't let my believes cloud my judgement. I saw the faults in Islam, without bias, I had to accept when I identified same flaws in christianity too.

I stopped making excuses for things that didn't add up in the bible... there is a lot I used to dodge with ready-made answers I didn't understand...

I sincerely dropped all claims I have no evidence to back up. Re-examined my beliefs from time to time... and gradually I found myself on the side of an agnostist.

Check up the story of Buddha, Krishna, Zeus, Thor, etc

Yes you have a point but sometimes when you look at the world and try to explain everything in it, none of it add up when you try The scientific approach still many loop holes. think of it
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
Yes you have a point but sometimes when you look at the world and try to explain everything in it, none of it add up when you try The scientific approach still many loop holes. think of it
It is part of our nature to seek answers for the mysteries that surrounds us.

I haven't seen a ghost, neither have I seen an amputee grow back his/her limbs through prayers.

Fact still remains the same, we don't know what we don't know. Simple.

I've found a way to live with that. Many are still too scared of stories they can't prove to be true.

Religious posits remains beliefs and beliefs doesn't count as knowledge. Without knowledge we'll continue to live in fear of the unknown because of unrealistic and ancient scriptures.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
It is part of our nature to seek answers for the mysteries that surrounds us.

I haven't seen a ghost, neither have I seen an amputee grow back his/her limbs through prayers.

Fact still remains the same, we don't know what we don't know. Simple.

I've found a way to live with that. Many are still too scared of stories they can't prove to be true.

Religious posits remains beliefs and beliefs doesn't count as knowledge. Without knowledge we'll continue to live in fear of the unknown because of unrealistic and ancient scriptures.
God is the Alpha and Omega, he knows the beginning from the end, probably when you encounter Him, honestly I Pray do.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
God is the Alpha and Omega, he knows the beginning from the end, probably when you encounter Him, honestly I Pray do.
Did you not read all my response?

Until you sincerely re-examine all this claims you won't see the errors in your claims.

We haven't established that God truly exists. How can you know what it is?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 1:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Did you not read all my response?

Until you sincerely re-examine all this claims you won't see the errors in your claims.

We haven't established that God truly exists. How can you know what it is?
Yes there are many believes , some of them misinterpret eachother, But my question is how did everything start??
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
Yes there are many believes , some of them misinterpret eachother, But my question is how did everything start??
Because we haven't uncovered the facts doesn't mean we should rely on some assumptions or storybook.

Anytime you are to state your beliefs, present them as such. Not as a given fact. Ok?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Because we haven't uncovered the facts doesn't mean we should rely on some assumptions or storybook.

Anytime you are to state your beliefs, present them as such. Not as a given fact. Ok?
well until then, I still stand with what makes sense to me
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 1:57pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
well until then, I still stand with what makes sense to me
Well, the jewish god - yahweh doesn't make sense to me.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 2:06pm On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Well, the jewish god - yahweh doesn't make sense to me.
Life is a matter of choice, Jesus didnt force the Good news on people , so if you choose not to believe then you should stop castigating the teachings.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 2:17pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
Life is a matter of choice, Jesus didnt force the Good news on people , so if you choose not to believe then you should stop castigating the teachings.
Anyone who presents the teachings as actual events that played out in reality can be questioned.

Afterall, the Bible says they won't believe without signs and wonders. Unfortunately, preachers and christian apologists have nothing to offer.

Many people are just too gullible, even without proofs they accept anyway. How can I blame them, their parents and society have indoctrinated them since infancy.

You'll come along.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:

You people don't know what to say. If I throw back this question back at you. How did everything start!!? Your typical answer will be God created everything. Grand the next thing I hear you quote genesis. Which is just a book. Like any other book.

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 2:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Anyone who presents the teachings as actual events that played out in reality can be questioned.

Afterall, the Bible says they won't believe without signs and wonders. Unfortunately, preachers and christian apologists have nothing to offer.

Many people are just too gullible, even without proofs they accept anyway. How can I blame them, their parents and society have indoctrinated them since infancy.

You'll come along .
signs and wonders you say. The signs are,clearly all around you.

lets see about that but i doubt.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by LiberaDeus: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
Young man Sirvvy,

A matured mind doesnt accept things based on choice but on irrefutable facts. You have chosen to believe while others have chosen to accept the facts that cant be disputed and when they dont find those facts they humbly accept that they dont know ( something religious people have a hard time doing).

sirvvy:
The story of Jesus was written almost 40 years after his death, there are so many variants of the story and over 40 gospels written by anonymous authors. Someone has chosen to reject this story as fact because there is no way to authenticate the veracity of the claims and even the motive and person of the authors, such a person is being rational when he says the story doesnt present the absolute truth of god.

As for you that believe without evidence, please dont put yourself on the same level with that person, you took the easy way out by choosing to fill secure in your mind by accepting a story and elevating it to truth in your mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
CHESTER48:

You people don't know what to say. If I throw back this question back at you. How did everything start!!? Your typical answer will be God created everything. Grand the next thing I hear you quote genesis. Which is just a book. Like any other book.

Alright please do tell how the world started?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 2:30pm On Mar 31, 2017
LiberaDeus:
Young man Sirvvy,

A matured mind doesnt accept things based on choice but on irrefutable facts. You have chosen to believe while others have chosen to accept the facts that cant be disputed and when they dont find those facts they humbly accept that they dont know ( something religious people have a hard time doing).

The story of Jesus was written almost 40 years after his death, there are so many variants of the story and over 40 gospels written by anonymous authors. Someone has chosen to reject this story as fact because there is no way to authenticate the veracity of the claims and even the motive and person of the authors, such a person is being rational when he says the story doesnt present the absolute truth of god.

As for you that believe without evidence, please dont put yourself on the same level with that person, you took the easy way out by choosing to fill secure in your mind by accepting a story and elevating it to truth in your mind
The last time i checked the Op asked a question on a BOoK which he claims doesnt make sense, why bother when you have to believe to understand it.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by LiberaDeus: 3:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
sirvvy:
The last time i checked the Op asked a question on a BOoK which he claims doesnt make sense, why bother when you have to believe to understand it.

No need to bother about it then

I can also believe in kids fairy tales and it will be true also
Can do the same for Santa claus also

Do you see where your religion is in reality?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2017
LiberaDeus:

No need to bother about it then

I can also believe in kids fairy tales and it will be true also
Can do the same for Santa claus also

Do you see where your religion is in reality?
Please take note, there is a difference between Religion and Christianity
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by realmindz: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Noah's ark and tortoise stories are in the same category.
No sane or sensible person can believe such

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Mourn When Someone Dies? Can't We Dance? / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) / The Five Inevitable Stages In Relationships,courtship And Marriage....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.