Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,864 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question (4468 Views)

Archaeology: Explorers '99.9% Sure' Remains Of Noah's Ark Is Discovered (Photos) / Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time! (Real Photos) / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 10:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
SirWere:

Hahahahahahahaha grin grin grin.

Bro, thank you for making me laugh like a madman inside the bus I'm in right now.
lol. My pleasure. Safe trip Sir.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by sirvvy: 12:12am On Mar 30, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
@Bolded part...

That's actually one of the theories of how religions came to be.

Every person would interpret things the way their mind can understand it. It doesn't make it a universal principle.

Have you wondered why the Jewish God's character is so much like a jewish person?

He only loves Jews, punished Jews, cared for the jews until 30BC?

Common, just think.

If a God can give you brain use it to its full capacity.

And right now, I have more convictions that Yahweh can't be an omnipotent being. As a matter of fact, it wasn't real. Just like every other god all over world, Yahweh was just someone's way of making sense of event beyond his understanding at the time.

How else do you expect primitive men to explain how the rains came to be, or the sun, moon, sea, thunder etc. The Yorubas have a claim to knowing a God of thunder. The absence of written records makes our African Traditional religious posits seem inferior.

Stop lying to your own intellect. Religion strongly holds on to fear and mere beliefs as authenticity. You can prove "jack". The convictions you think are genuine, doesn't really hold water.

You only know what you know. You can believe whatever you think makes sense in the absence of knowledge.
you 'were' a christian, right?
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Horus(m): 1:58am On Mar 30, 2017
According to Christians all of the  living creatures were brought into existence in the same initial creation week. (six days). This would include the Dinosaurs. Now can Christians tell me how can enormous animals like Dinosaurs, Mammoths, Tyrannosaurus etc , , who weighed more than thirty tons entered inside Noah's Ark.? shocked

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Horus:

According to Christians all of the  living creatures were brought into existence in the same initial creation week. (six days). This would include the Dinosaurs. Now can Christians tell me how can enormous animals like Dinosaurs, Mammoths, Tyrannosaurus etc , , who weighed more than thirty tons entered inside Noah's Ark.? shocked

How large was Noah's Ark? undecided

1 Share

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:54am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Majority of us must have read how Noah built his Ark and housed all the animals. But somethings about the Noah story doesn't add up and I would need better clarification

My questions now are;
1. How did he get the sharks, dolphins and whales on a ship with no water to live in?
2. how did he get kangroos, koalas and such to come across the seas to the middle east?

Morealso

View these images
[img]https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/17553932_10155128675353879_8574577072686533767_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=764d49dc0503a446fde0e5d67fa58222&oe=5961F89A [/img]
[img]https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/cp0/e15/q65/p720x720/17632392_1357661967653992_8701398458351990478_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=63e4bec22ef29fc81a7de1a3a8ab0081&oe=599768CB [/img]

Cc MZlady39, Wilgrea7, felixomor, engineerboat Doctoralien, enshy, Junia, Tosyne2much, Kondomatic, all NL Christians

No bashing or insults Pls cool

"Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:20).

God told Noah to only take in land airborne and terrestrial creatures into the Ark and the world map we have today is not the same as it was before the Flood, was different. If you follow the Genesis account it is most likely that the world was only one continent. These questions and more have been asked and answered in threads such as this: ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1576713/how-large-noahs-ark/15

3 Likes

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by engineerboat(m): 7:34am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

I know you won't be able to answer the questions. But guess what? I will give you the benefit of doubt.

I talk am. Engineerboat must pick a fault cos he can't answer it.
Anyways, list down the derogatory statements and insults from the Op

I knew you would never disappoint cheesy.

You Only came to Register ya presence and tried derailing by pickin faults

Like i told you ealier on, i will not get engage im abuse with you because of your mindset and choice of language.

But be rest assure.

You read the account in genesis, where was it mentioned that Fishes where put into the ark.

Is the world then like ours today.

Are you telling me we have as many population as then this day.

Are you saying the continent is as many as the 7 as we have today.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by CatfishBilly: 7:43am On Mar 30, 2017
engineerboat:

Like i told you ealier on, i will not get engage im abuse with you because of your mindset and choice of language.

But be rest assure.

You read the account in genesis, where was it mentioned that Fishes where put into the ark.

Baba, the flood happened 6000 years ago, so yeah, there was as many as 7 continents then.
Slightly lower population too.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ScepticalPyrrho: 8:08am On Mar 30, 2017
sirvvy:
you 'were' a christian, right?
Yes
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2017
engineerboat:

But be rest assure.

Am not saying fishes bro. I mean 2 whales, 2 sharks, 2 dolphins.... Do you know how big whales are?? How did he transport them from their habitat to the Ark?

Secondly, concerning the polar bears & penguins, how did they transport themselves??

Hope you are clear with the questions ABI.? (someone asked above, how did the parasites also enter the Ark because if you are a microbiologist, you will understand some are obligate intracellular)....
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

"Of the birds after their kind, of animals after their kind, and of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind, two of every kind will come to you, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:20).

God told Noah to only take in land airborne and terrestrial creatures into the Ark and the world map we have today is not the same as it was before the Flood, was different. If you follow the Genesis account it is most likely that the world was only one continent. These questions and more have been asked and answered in threads such as this: ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1576713/how-large-noahs-ark/15
Only you said.? Air and terrestial creatures only?

You mean he excluded the water, sea animals.? He also excluded the arboreal species.? Hope this isn't you are implying....

1) If only air and land animals were moved into the Ark, how did polar bears and penguins got to the Ark?
2) if only air and land animals were allowed into the Ark, how Sharks and whales came into existence again? God recreated them again or what.?

Your answers & response will highly be welcomed.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by engineerboat(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Am not saying fishes bro. I mean 2 whales, 2 sharks, 2 dolphins.... Do you know how big whales are?? How did he transport them from their habitat to the Ark?

Secondly, concerning the polar bears & penguins, how did they transport themselves??

Hope you are clear with the questions ABI.? (someone asked above, how did the parasites also enter the Ark because if you are a microbiologist, you will understand some are obligate intracellular)....

Whales and shark is their records that they were inside the ark.

Parasites in the Ark.

Hahaahhhaha.

Sorry I will get back please, on a journey, network issue
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 30, 2017
engineerboat:

Whales and shark is their records that they were inside the ark.
- According to ya bible, all creatures were present in the Ark in form of twos. Or are you trying to further remodify the bible. Anyways, Correct me if am wrong.
- Secondly, the bible made us to understand that every creature we have now are as a result of the multiplication of those present in the Ark. Correct me if am wrong here too.
Parasites in the Ark.
- Are parasites not a creature of ya god? The tapeworms, intestinal micro biotas (aka floras). Aren't they among the wonderful creation of ya god?

Hahaahhhaha.
- Stop making a fun of ya intelligence online thinking you're making sense. Am using ya bible now and every attributes of God as portrayed.

Sorry I will get back please, on a journey, network issue
- Wish ya safe journey. I will be on NL. No forget to buy journey goodies for me tongue
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Our ideology of years started with the gregorian 12 month calendar, the Chinese calendar is a totally different thing. What time frame constituted a year in the abrahamic era might be different from the noah era and adamic era, and is certainly different from the messaic era, which in turn is different from the gregorian era.
this makes a little sense, but it has not yet explain how those animals were transferred to the ark
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 10:26am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Gonna bookmark this comment for reference sake....

Presence signed.

Atheists ain't smarter than theists.
We(ie human race, irrespective of belief system) all are smart & intelligent beings but it all boils down to how we channel the brain in thinking and reasoning & not been dogmatised by religious doctrines & tales
not referring to all aspect of life, but religiously smart
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 10:29am On Mar 30, 2017
Ermacc:
I am aware I cant explain everything, i cant even explain a quarter of it. But why do you think atheist are smarter? I really dont know what you mean by that. Anyone can be smart irrespective of whatever their affiliations are. If I pretend to be an atheist argue that the supernatural is just a fiction of our imaginations, i'm sure you will label me as smart.
nope, the fact they can explain their points set them aside, I'm a Christian but i find i find it hard to believe some things in Christiandom, but atheist use science to prove 87% of their arguments.....
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Kyase:

not referring to all aspect of life, but religiously smart
Lol. I agree with you on that cool
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 10:40am On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:
Lol. I agree with you on that cool
good one
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:45am On Mar 30, 2017
Kyase:

this makes a little sense, but it has not yet explain how those animals were transferred to the ark

Try to answer this question, what is the difference between the world and your world.

The Bible was written under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, the authors of the bible wrote within their limited environment. Also don't forget in translation of the bible, a lot was lost in translation as language is cultural.
The story might be for historical purpose or as a spiritual booster, I dont know, bit given the time frame for the preparation for the flood, there arw some possibilities.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Proudlyngwa:

Try to answer this question, what is the difference between the world and your world.

The Bible was written under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, the authors of the bible wrote within their limited environment. Also don't forget in translation of the bible, a lot was lost in translation as language is cultural.
The story might be for historical purpose or as a spiritual booster, I dont know, bit given the time frame for the preparation for the flood, there arw some possibilities.
hmm ok
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Ermacc: 1:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
Kyase:

nope, the fact they can explain their points set them aside, I'm a Christian but i find i find it hard to believe some things in Christiandom, but atheist use science to prove 87% of their arguments.....
God is not constrained by the laws of science. You need to understand that.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Kyase(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ermacc:
God is not constrained by the laws of science. You need to understand that.
to me god is science
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Kyase:
to me god is science

God doesn't even exist talkless of being science. Or wait. Prove to me beyond every reason with a valid proof of content scientifically presence, form and act of God since you know much about him. Please if you fail to give concrete and convincing with exhibit of proof to lay and support you arguement to the point of science. Then you should get out of this forum
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:

Only you said.? Air and terrestial creatures only?

Not just me I quoted Genesis 6:20 to buttress my point.

adepeter26:

You mean he excluded the water, sea animals.? He also excluded the arboreal species.? Hope this isn't you are implying....

It is clear from the Scriptures that aquatic creatures were not invited to the party. cool

adepeter26:

1) If only air and land animals were moved into the Ark, how did polar bears and penguins got to the Ark?
2) if only air and land animals were allowed into the Ark, how Sharks and whales came into existence again? God recreated them again or what.?

Your answers & response will highly be welcomed.

Are polar bears aquatic creatures? Do you think Sharks and Whales are terrestrial creatures? Penguins and amphibious creatures could have survived in enough numbers outside Noah's Ark. God only commanded the air-breathing, land-dwelling animals, creeping things and winged animals such as birds to enter the Ark. Aquatic life such as Sharks and Whales did not need to be on board. cool

Watch the Noah's Ark movie: ==> www.NoahTheMovie.com
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by ezybaba(m): 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2017
First, it is necessary to note that Noah was not told to gather the animals. He was commanded only to build the Ark, large enough for all the animals, and simply receive the animals when they arrived. "And of every living thing of all flesh, . . . two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive" (Genesis 6:19-20 ).

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:
. Yes oo what about bacteria too and viruses he didn't also take them. I don't get. What about fungi and all those living organism we can't see with our naked eyes

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

this reminds me of a question asked by a naira lander some years back.....that where did Noah keep the termites and the wood peckers.

it is a shame that we are not bordered about what is facing our society now and look for a way forward......

the question is how is this going to add value and solve societal challenges.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ..kia......i just can't stop laughing.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
CHESTER48:

God doesn't even exist talkless of being science. Or wait. Prove to me beyond every reason with a valid proof of content scientifically presence, form and act of God since you know much about him. Please if you fail to give concrete and convincing with exhibit of proof to lay and support you arguement to the point of science. Then you should get out of this forum

you are so harsh .....or are you the owner of this forum

God cannot be proved....there is no physical exhibit or form to prove the existence of God.....He is Spirit and can only be perceive by the spiritual.

I was once like you or even worse than you.......if you are waiting for proves, only God Himself can prove Himself to you.....this was my experience.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 3:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
Kyase:
to me god is science

Ha ummmm

I laugh in Greek. shocked

And this is the only definition ringing in your head..

God is not science but a Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
Horus:

Noah did nothing and has no clue, God did it.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
urheme:

you are so harsh .....or are you the owner of this forum

God cannot be proved....there is no physical exhibit or form to prove the existence of God.....He is Spirit and can only be perceive by the spiritual.

I was once like you or even worse than you.......if you are waiting for proves, only God Himself can prove Himself to you.....this was my experience.
you're just living on assumptions and thus you have no clear valid form of evidence to proof the existence of God and thus your argument is Permanently invalid. Or could be placed as fallacy. Thank you.
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
urheme:

Ha ummmm

I laugh in Greek. shocked

And this is the only definition ringing in your head..

God is not science but a Spirit.
have you ever seen a Spirit before. This still summons up to my final verdict that you don't know what to say about this topic. So just give up. I've quoted you earlier
Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by urheme: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
adepeter26:
Cc Hahn, obinna58, jonbellion, frank317, akintom, Niflheim, Seun, hopefulLandlord, pastafarian, CatfishBilly

Pls ooo, you guys shouldn't exchange words. I just want them(Christians) to further clear the air about the Noah's Ark cool

since you are so inquisitive......what value will this add to your life .......i am a christian but don't give a dame about Noah's Ark.....the story is to teach you that what is impossible with man is possible with God.

God did it and not Noah......God Can still keep every being and animal on planet earth in one room if He so will.

NO ark.....There is Ark.........how does this solve our current Challenges facing us as a people.

If you wish to know so much about what Noah did and what he did not do.....why don't you ask God to further clear the Air for as you have ask.....
No man will clear the Air for you...symbolically or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
urheme:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

this reminds me of a question asked by a naira lander some years back.....that where did Noah keep the termites and the wood peckers.

it is a shame that we are not bordered about what is facing our society now and look for a way forward......

the question is how is this going to add value and solve societal challenges.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ..kia......i just can't stop laughing.

Omg so funny. Oya Christians come answer ooo. Where did Noah keep the termites and wood packers. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Five Inevitable Stages In Relationships,courtship And Marriage.... / What Is A Pastor Looking For In Hilda Baci's Room? / How Old Is Mankind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.