Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,999 members, 7,952,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:47 AM

Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React (39950 Views)

Nigerians Don't Like Each Other - A South African Writes / Omoyele Sowore Visits Nnamdi Kanu In New York (pic) / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by temiprinciple(m): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2017
in ur last sentence, are u now supporting bribery?
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by DonLo: 9:33am On Mar 29, 2017
priceaction:
Thanks bro. U made 100% valid reply. And to those idiots and jambites disturbing our eyes with nonsense replies, they can't even talk against their Ward councillors any how. Try it if you are very lucky, the least you will get is swollen head.

This is a guy that, if ,by his virtue of his doggedness, he would hv been in upper house or lower house of Representatives by now if he wanted to. But he stands for something different in the society. He may hv his shortcomings, but knowingly how Nigerian leaders/ governments always silence opposition, he would hv been long dead. Knowingly how military leaders assassinated many comrades, he would have been dead by now. Knowingly how he was arrested , detained and injected with poisonous substances during military junta, he would hv been long long dead.
You are not going to die but live to keep on your work.
When SR owner coughs, all Nigerian politicians run for cover.
True talk Sir. I sometimes read about his ordeal in the hands of the military and my conclusion was, this guy is tough mehn. Let's leave the ignorant ones to wallow in their ignorance just that it's unfortunate that they are the majority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Xbee007(m): 9:34am On Mar 29, 2017
KINGOFTHEEAST:
imagine 5bn bank alert please sowore the afonja man next select game carefully anyway I don't have pity on afonja cis tgr deserve all the evil in the world
Lol, as if one is expecting anything from an OSU b4. Ur brothers just kill a fellow human all because of Iphone. Keep ur pity to urself cos u ar gonna need it some day.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by 989900: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2017
DonLo:

Thanks Sir. In a sane country, the likes of Sowore would be much more respected than most of our politicians, but here they are caused daily by those they are fighting for.

Sowore and Sahara reporters have done much for this country than this present Senate and house can ever touch.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Adebowale89(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2017
is only a stack illiterate that would believe this dino cert wasn't cooked just like fayose cert scandal

fayose like him too claim to ve graduated from ib poly which some academic officer decline but the rector affirmed it. tell me who shud knw best between a permanent academic officer and vc/rector who are there on tenure basis

go and look at what fayose tender now as his credentials. just GCE...u will be wondering how someone that claimed to had a credible HND result tendered GCE as his credentials

he knows that can raise the rssult again in a political embattle

sowore be strong for us, Iku kan o kin pa akoni

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 29, 2017
DonLo:

True talk Sir. I sometimes read about his ordeal in the hands of the military and my conclusion was, this guy is tough mehn. Let's leave the ignorant ones to wallow in their ignorance just that it's unfortunate that they are the majority.
Not that they are the majority sir, they are just being ignored. Many thinking and good fellows that argue with opinions and facts hv gone solos. Many just come and read headlines and just avoid comments to avoid insults and attacks from kids that hv nothing upstairs than to shout up and down. Gone are the days when arguments were very interesting without insults. When I first joined nl in 2006, it was not like this.we learn a lot from our selves but now, it has been reduced to tribal wars, religious sentiments and immature insults and attacks. So unfortunate that seun is helpless. .
Before who can look at this politicians face to face talkless of writing against them. This is a guy every youth should support because of his numerous releases that have exposed many evil among the elites. But the reverse is the case.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Emassive(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2017
It's cool if he takes them ON and we support him but to slander people with different lies per day is crap and that definitely kills his credibility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by femijay8271(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2017
U guys keep calling Yoruba's cowards but they are dying Legends examples are Fela, gani, SR and co. and if not for Brave N.Kanu who else did u guys have that av show up since but trabalism won't give every one a good sense of thinking. What a damn shame to most of u guys on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by DonLo: 9:50am On Mar 29, 2017
priceaction:

Not that they are the majority sir, they are just being ignored. Many thinking and good fellows that argue with opinions and facts hv gone solos. Many just come and read headlines and just avoid comments to avoid insults and attacks from kids that hv nothing upstairs than to shout up and down. Gone are the days when arguments were very interesting without insults. When I first joined nl in 2006, it was not like this.we learn a lot from our selves but now, it has been reduced to tribal wars, religious sentiments and immature insults and attacks. So unfortunate that seun is helpless. .
Before who can look at this politicians face to face talkless of writing against them. This is a guy every youth should support because of his numerous releases that have exposed many evil among the elites. But the reverse is the case.

True talk Sir. Though I joined later around 2010 and the quality of discuss back then was more intellectually engaging. Back then I looked forward to reading people's comments than even the news due to the diverse intelligent opinions of many. During those times, you could count the number of topics making front-page but that is now history. There's little Seun can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Earthrealmlord: 9:51am On Mar 29, 2017
DonLo:
Most kids here are too quick to haul insult on Sowore not knowing his comrade antecedents long before they were born back then in Unilag. I increasingly became afraid for his life in recent days considering how powerful his opponents are yet he sounds and looks undisturbed considering his consequent actions. Many of us attacking him can't even stand a common local government councilor yet we castigate a man not afraid of taking on even the most feared dictator in the history of Nigeria, Abacha. FOI, Sowore has nothing to lose, even if Nigeria implodes today, he's got a US visa and can conveniently leave the country. We should be grateful to him rather than sound like an ungrateful and spoilt child. Imagine someone who almost everyone in the government is afraid of and constantly prays never to be on his radar (go and ask Andy Uba how afraid he is since yesterday's glimpse into his 'PhD). Many don't know that Sowore death is a loss to them as a Nigerian. If not for people like him, impunity and corruption would have been more brazenly done. Please Sowore don't die for Nigeria cos she's not worth it. The so called Nigerians would be the first to insult you for 'stupidly' putting your life on the line for them.
Though Dino can be said to have graduated based on the VC report but the inconsistencies in his studentship is worth revealing especially the possibility of gaining admission into the so called 'almighty' ABU with three credits. Even if Sahara reporter is wrong about it, we all now know that Dino has a very questionable academic record. Ask Harvard and LSE if you're in doubt.

We wouldn't have known the following safe for Omoyele SR

Just negodu the comments of subsequent posters, you'll see many commenting through the prism of tribalism, sentiments and ignorance completely devoid of good logic or fact.
To many who only find their voice behind social media and faceless forum like this and you can't mention one thing in the magnitude of the aforementioned that you've done for Nigeria, I'll advise you to shut up.

NB: Don't quote to insult me as I won't dignify you with a response

YOU SAID IT ALL
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by cyrilamx(m): 9:51am On Mar 29, 2017
Your post is the reason why many liken the reasoning of average lady to Fish brain. Did u follow the revelations of SR? Did u notice the discrepancies in Dino certificate? How come the Certificate presented by Dino reads Daniel Melaiye different from the name he uses? If he had a change of name, where are document supporting such change? Why did it take ABU a week or so to respond? To cover grey areas I think, which was still done poorly? Girl articulate well and don't only reason wen it comes to giving a head. [Quote author=ChubbychummyICE post=55057527]If u die, no one wud remember u for nothing, u just dey lie on top dat man head abi? Ur sins shall find u out in d living or dying. No RIP from me, [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by DEOLINX: 9:53am On Mar 29, 2017
I've said it before and will say it again. I pity this generation of facebook and twitter children whose future is being gradually filtered away by those who claim to be representing their interests in government within the last 20 years.

It seems once anyone get their hands on money to buy data they come to this platform to say ll sorts of nonsense in the guise of making their idiotic feelings known.

What credibility are we even defending in what is left of our legislators and rulers that we come here to defend?

Can any of the children passing useless comments against people like Sowore come out and fight for their rights and common future?

Why is anyone with brains even happy defending and justifying the madness we have witnessed within the last 20 years in this country.

Maybe many of you facebook children need to sit down suck mummy's breast some more to gather sense and trace the history of activisim in this country to know who Sowore is.

I spent my university time fighting for the rights of my fellow students and was almost rusticated during those days because we chose to come out and fight.... then we had not many facebook children being paid to tweet nonsense like today.

Sowore has sacrificed enough for us as citizens of this country where many cowards cannot come out and speak. I even remember he nearly lost his life in student activisim then.. Yet he continued speaking the truth in the face of grave intimidation while many cowards hide under social media to pass useless comments with no action.

We should be grateful to him for being a lone voice in this jungle of madness we call Nigeria.

The situation in this country right now demands that we all stand up and pray for God's intervention. Our future has been hijacked by our "representatives" and we are not sure of our future not to talk of our children.

Instead of fighting the bold "Sowores" that are coming out to fight for whatever remain of our Commonwealth,
we should be grateful to them for risking their lives to see what can be salvaged instead of castigating them because we are lucky enough to get 10MB of data to "talk" anonymously on social media.

I dare many of you to tell us the actual budget of the National Assembly or their real salaries...

Do many of us even realise that all projects have been hijacked by the same senators and our parents are struggling to get crumbs to feed us?

What legislation have been made within the last 20 years that have impacted on the lives of all of us?.. the immunity clause or pension for governors and all?

Maybe we need all to sit down and examine our true position as citizens of this country and compare our lives to other people in the many sane countries of the world..

How do we compare.... in impunity.... economic growth, crime and life expectancy, access to health and education, employment, income, etc.

Oh yes.... Our legislators are the highest paid in the world. ....We are one of the most corrupt nation of the planet....

Let's face realities...... we should all be on the streets right now. Otherwise, we really do not have a future, except of course, many of us are okay with being bribed to defend lies and make senseless noise on social media to castigate the very few heroes we have left.

Let Sowore go.... I will see who amongst you all will come out and face the dangers he faces trying to get us informed and understand the realities of our future.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by zanga420: 9:55am On Mar 29, 2017
seanwilliam:
You dnt expect human being to be perfect in all ways at all time...dnt forget that this SR has atleast for once done something remarkable for us...which newspaper or forum has gone far in terms of exposing corrupt leaders/political office holders like SAHARA REPORTER....He missed target today doesnt mean he's nt capable of hitting exact target tomorrow..... This life just look before you leap
This is not about missing target but witchunting someone. He's not after the good of Nigeria but after the wellbeing of his paymasters. He's an attack dog. Going by Baba's sayings 'he's corrupt'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by zanga420: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2017
pkang:
Wow, Sowore sound like he knows those that have been contracted for the job. U can just publish their names and we will be at watch.
When u fight, fight for a just course.
Your last line nailed it.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by zanga420: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2017
seanwilliam:
You dnt expect human being to be perfect in all ways at all time...dnt forget that this SR has atleast for once done something remarkable for us...which newspaper or forum has gone far in terms of exposing corrupt leaders/political office holders like SAHARA REPORTER....He missed target today doesnt mean he's nt capable of hitting exact target tomorrow..... This life just look before you leap
This is not about missing target but witchunting someone. He's not after the good of Nigeria but after the wellbeing of his paymasters. He's an attack dog. Going by Baba's sayings 'he's corrupt'

NB: Pls for the tribal jingoists take your stock to another place. This is not a topic for it. This is for the good of Nigeria, doing right what is right
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 29, 2017
so he knws he's been walking through the valley of the shadow of death. he should just stay in usa before they send boiz at him.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by sammyscholar(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2017
Acetyl:
This guy is now afraid.To the journalists in the house please always do proper investigation before publishing . Junk journalism is wrong but this is Nigeria sha...
The guy was so on point. Why has not Dino reacted to the messages from harvard and London school debunking his studentship? Two schools, out of the controversial three, have justified sowore already and isnt that enough to show that Dino is lying about his academic achievements which is the bone of contention?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by DCTrendy(m): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2017
DonLo:
Most kids here are too quick to haul insult on Sowore not knowing his comrade antecedents long before they were born back then in Unilag. I increasingly became afraid for his life in recent days considering how powerful his opponents are yet he sounds and looks undisturbed considering his consequent actions. Many of us attacking him can't even stand a common local government councilor yet we castigate a man not afraid of taking on even the most feared dictator in the history of Nigeria, Abacha. FOI, Sowore has nothing to lose, even if Nigeria implodes today, he's got a US visa and can conveniently leave the country. We should be grateful to him rather than sound like an ungrateful and spoilt child. Imagine someone who almost everyone in the government is afraid of and constantly prays never to be on his radar (go and ask Andy Uba how afraid he is since yesterday's glimpse into his 'PhD). Many don't know that Sowore death is a loss to them as a Nigerian. If not for people like him, impunity and corruption would have been more brazenly done. Please Sowore don't die for Nigeria cos she's not worth it. The so called Nigerians would be the first to insult you for 'stupidly' putting your life on the line for them.
Though Dino can be said to have graduated based on the VC report but the inconsistencies in his studentship is worth revealing especially the possibility of gaining admission into the so called 'almighty' ABU with three credits. Even if Sahara reporter is wrong about it, we all now know that Dino has a very questionable academic record. Ask Harvard and LSE if you're in doubt.

Just negodu the comments of subsequent posters, you'll see many commenting through the prism of tribalism, sentiments and ignorance completely devoid of good logic or fact.
To many who only find their voice behind social media and faceless forum like this and you can't mention one thing in the magnitude of the aforementioned that you've done for Nigeria, I'll advise you to shut up.

Everyone here may be an idiot, but am grateful i found a sane mind.
Thank you very much.

As for the indomine generation kids here, just remember this guy faced Abacha and survived. So your fraudulent senators re learners.

As for Sowore, u re not going to die yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by seanwilliam(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2017
zanga420:
hmmmm,i can't totally agree with you..... How sure are you? Do you know how many corrupt polithiefians he had exposed before....bros' we should always be given second chance in life to prove our worths...
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Acetyl(m): 10:10am On Mar 29, 2017
sammyscholar:
The guy was so on point. Why has not Dino reacted to the messages from harvard and London school debunking his studentship? Two schools, out of the controversial three, have justified sowore already and isnt that enough to show that Dino is lying about his academic achievements which is the bone of contention?

which point is sowore holding on Harvard, London school waec or ABU?Guy na over sabi won finish Dino. The man like showbiz. Going for a week seminar don't correlate graduating from such institution .But for me o since a whole ABU VC had to come done and cleared the air +some of his colleagues and those that served that year testifying here and there. I believe him. Dino is too much of himself and brag of what he doesn't have thats what almost finish him. shaloom my brother he can't buy 3rd class grade if at all he wants to buy certificate, he will rather go for 2.1 from any of these mushroom private universities here in Nigeria
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Guyman02: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2017
From the comments I noticed that those with Muslim names are against Dino and defending Sowore while those with Christian names are defending Dino and against Sowore. IS this how Nigeria has degenrated? embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by KINGOFTHEEAST: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2017
Xbee007:
Lol, as if one is expecting anything from an OSU b4. Ur brothers just kill a fellow human all because of Iphone. Keep ur pity to urself cos u ar gonna need it some day.
he must pay that 5bn or ? rubbish useless afonjas everywhere
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by bofow(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2017
Be safe
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by zanga420: 10:25am On Mar 29, 2017
seanwilliam:
hmmmm,i can't totally agree with you..... How sure are you? Do you know how many corrupt polithiefians he had exposed before....bros' we should always be given second chance in life to prove our worths...
check my posts, I've already given him second chance to amend his ways. This does not mean Dino n co are saints. But in law, even a criminals deserves fair hearing. This reminds me a bit of Zuma vs SA govt saga around 2004 or so
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Bants(m): 10:38am On Mar 29, 2017
The gist is that we dont mind his previous accolades and activistism all we want it for him to take his time and thoroughly investigate stuff so that someone can be nailed and credit given to his work i dont know him but death is natural with people who toil the path he is toiling
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Leiman100(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Pavarottii:
Wats dis brown envelope guy feeling like sef! Ur death will be of no importance; even a nollywood actor's death will be more important that urs. If u one die; please die let us rest. The moment Dino went against hamid Ali, SGF, Magu. They paid u to tarnish his image. Now u av failed u r looking for sympathy from Nigerians. My friend u av jambed brickwall. Wen u were dining wiv Dino and the APC thieves calling GEJ all manner of names; u didn't know that Karma is a universal law that must take its ton of flesh. Now the person u were insulting GEJ. Am sure he doesn't even know u.

I av said, all of u that brought this beast-Buhari to us. Will end up in d belly of the beast. Foolish guy and senators.

This is the worst senate in d history of Nigeria. No better bill passed since their existence, only hike in fuel, electricity, duties etc.
Buhari own be say, that one doesn't even know wat he is doing. No wonder they av hijacked everything from him.

Sowore should allow us hear word abeg. If u don't av any meaniful thing u r doing. Allow this senators do their rubbish work.

Sowore to investigative journalism is synonymous to buhari fighting corruption.

Nonsense.

*anything that makes supreme court give Markafi's faction victory on May 4th. This is the burial of APC. The level of defection u will see; would shock Nigeria, so let's APC do all they can to bribe anyone in the supreme court or else, it's EOD for them*
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by delishpot: 10:42am On Mar 29, 2017
To die for Nigeria is a waste of one's life. Nigerians are mostly SLAVES WHO LOVE THEIR CHAINS
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by Adecks01(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2017
Guess you don't have a single Idea on of history that is why you are making ll this noise.besides if he has blackmailed and silent many he should keep it up and stop th unnecessary call for public attention.If he dies I survived and live happily till my own time if he survive I live happily till my own time so go and die with your sowore or fly to hell because Dino is n authentic graduate
DonLo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by postmann: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2017
Mr Sowore, you're not a journalist. You're a hired pen for the political elites. Your total disregard for journalistic ethics and professionalism only throw more weight in favour of those who accuse you of being the call-dog of some political bigwigs who offer you some meat in exchange for your dirty approach which is a poor alternative to thorough investigative journalism.

Because the vast majority of our politicians are corrupt and rightly earned the anger of the people, you stride under this platform and endeared yourself to the blind masses who didn't know you're also corrupt, and open to journalistic character assassination.

Mr Sowore, you're a hypocrite who share a lot with those you victimize with your pen; you lack ethics and you abuse your office. You ride on the ignorance of the masses while you make your pocket fat with your crass journalistic approach which you mistook for investigative journalism.

Whatever life throws at you, it is only fair to say YOU HAD IT COMING.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by petbam: 11:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Mr sawore better repent of all sins before you die because all the secret things you have done will be exposed before God. How you collect money from politicians and later pretend to be the friend of the masses. Remember God is not a partial judge like what we have in this current government.
Re: Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React by ayusconcord(m): 11:04am On Mar 29, 2017
Before nko?

who will cry? you're deceiving yourself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki Is Alive - DSS (Photo) / Mark, Tinubu Hold Closed-door Meetings With Obasanjo! / How Buhari Fools Nigerians - The Guardian Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.