Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (64266 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by dejisky(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
I want them to summon me. USELESS SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!! BUNCH OF CRIMINALS!!!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by BMZK: 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2017
arewafederation:
How do you expect a Senate filled with crooks,illiterates, and certificate forgers to understand the law?
I have forwarded your name to the senate committee on ethics and privileges for necessary actions.

You will receive your IV to appear before them in no distant time.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by rabosh(m): 5:18pm On Mar 29, 2017
The senate needs to go and study the laws and codes guiding their conduct and actions, they are not an absolute arm of government. They need to stop this overreaching arritude, they are NOT the law.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by famology(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
U cnt win dis battle SENATE
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ExInferis(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
ALAYORMII:

Since Nigeria started this democratic dispensation in 1999, only Obasanjo has been able to really stamp his foot that he's the boss even though he can over do it sometimes

The others after him have all been a pun in the hand of the NASS

But GEJ had David Mark in his pockets.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by JAHseal: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
It's rather unfortunate we have these sets of rogues as senators. #NigeriaIsInTrouble!

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
signz:

Thank you very much.

The Senate can order the IG to arrest him and drag him to Senate.

Nope! That guy quoted the end of that section.. He decided to skip section 88 which clearly states under which condition that the senate can summon someone..
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by dadexcel: 5:20pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development
..... My brother whoever he is, he is a citizen of the federal republic of nigeria, and an ordinary political appointee of the president not even elected.... The Senate is bigger than any individual nigerian dead or alive and are constitutionally empowered to summon anyone... They only can remove the most powerful man in the land, the president... So what exactly is Your Point. Arrogance has been the bane of most appointees of this government and I hope it doesnt consume it.

4 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by femmy2010(m): 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
PublicAssurance:
Itse Sagay has no atom of credibility.

He does
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by okechuks22: 5:21pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Erudite my as.s.Professor Sagay is a very big disgrace to the legal profession. Since his appointment into the buhari's government, he seemed to have lost it.His end is near.It is either he and magu goes or the Senate will completely cripple buhari's regime.The choice is his
story from ipob

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
dejisky:
I want them to summon me.
USELESS SENATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUNCH OF CRIMINALS!!!!!!!

they don't summon nonentity and faceless kids

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by todayboy: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2017
dadexcel:
..... My brother whoever he is, he is a citizen of the federal republic of nigeria, and an ordinary political appointee of the president not even elected.... The Senate is bigger than any individual nigerian dead or alive and are constitutionally empowered to summon anyone... They only can remove the most powerful man in the land, the president... So what exactly is Your Point. Arrogance has been the bane of most appointees of this government and I hope it doesnt consume it.

help me tell the kids
if itse sagay can win a local government
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ALAYORMII: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2017
ExInferis:

But GEJ had David Mark in his pockets.

Did he??
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by naijaking1: 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
Itse Sagay is very old, demented, and certainly past his prime. Why Buhari went to buy a strong and reliable car, and choosed 1960 Peugeot 404 instead of 2016 Lexus 460 I don't know.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by eph123(f): 5:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
AngelicBeing:
The most painful part is that all the useless senators + federal government + state government + federal executive members + state governors & their executive team + head of different agencies both state & federal are all drawing allowances, feeding fat while the impoverish masses are crying daily and yet no response, l pity family members l have in Nigeria, l saw all this before l ran away years ago from the country and up-till date the news l read of happenings in Nigeria is shocking sad

Yep, recession has no meaning to them because it has absolutely no impact on their fat allowances, that's why a government official can comfortably say "recession is just a word"

Anyways, I wish all Nigerians good luck, we are in dire need of it, cos as it is right now it's looking very bleak.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by intruxive(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Erudite my as.s.Professor Sagay is a very big disgrace to the legal profession. Since his appointment into the buhari's government, he seemed to have lost it.His end is near.It is either he and magu goes or the Senate will completely cripple buhari's regime.The choice is his
tell your paymaster sarathief, he is not the president of nigeria and therefor cannot CRIPPLE the country. They can only make noise, they cannot execute a single shii. Am glad buhari is cutting them down to size lol, and without utering a single word fa. Just send your doggs (magu, ali, sagay and babachir) to keep them sweating

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Akainzo(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Okay oya ask the professor of law to confirm the new REC and ministerial nominees. The Senate will grind the machinery of government until the president will have no other choice but to sack them to appease the Senate

The unfortunate thing is this, soon, the Senate would realise they don't have the monies to buy anything as all the funds are locked in the TSA that only the Executives have a key to.

By provision of Section 82 of of the constitution:
82. If the Appropriation Bill in respect of any financial year has not been passed into law by the beginning of the financial year, the President may authorise the withdrawal of moneys in the Consolidated Revenue Fund of the Federation for the purpose of meeting expenditure necessary to carry on the services of the Government of the Federation for a period not exceeding months or until the coming into operation of the Appropriate Act, whichever is the earlier

The Executive can continue to spend money from the CRF FOR MONTHS while the Senate would be without funds. I am sure you know what will happens when there is no money to pay salaries, pay allowance, fuel cars or the lot?

Na the Senate go bow, they do need the executive to release money for them to function AND that might be HOW we get to know the details of the National Assembly budget.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by eph123(f): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2017
BMZK:

I have forwarded your name to the senate committee on ethics and privileges for necessary actions.

You will receive your IV to appear before them in no distant time.

grin
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by adioolayi(m): 5:27pm On Mar 29, 2017
88. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into -

(a) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws, and

(b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for -

(i) executing or administering laws enacted by National Assembly, and

(ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly.

(2) The powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to -

(a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and

(b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.

89. (1) For the purposes of any investigation under section 88 of this Constitutional and subject to the provisions thereof, the Senate or the House of Representatives or a committee appointed in accordance with section 62 of this Constitution shall have power to -

(a) procure all such evidence, written or oral, direct or circumstantial, as it may think necessary or desirable, and examine all persons as witnesses whose evidence may be material or relevant to the subject matter;

(b) require such evidence to be given on oath;

(c) summon any person in Nigeria to give evidence at any place or produce any document or other thing in his possession or under his control, and examine him as a witness and require him to produce any document or other thing in his possession or under his control, subject to all just exceptions; and

(d) issue a warrant to compel the attendance of any person who, after having been summoned to attend, fails, refuses or neglects to do so and does not excuse such failure, refusal or neglect to the satisfaction of the House or the committee in question, and order him to pay all costs which may have been occasioned in compelling his attendance or by reason of his failure, refusal or neglect to obey the summons, and also to impose such fine as may be prescribed for any such failure, refused or neglect; and any fine so imposed shall be recoverable in the same manner as a fine imposed by a court of law.

(2) A summons or warrant issued under this section may be served or executed by any member of the Nigeria Police Force or by any person authorised in that behalf by the President of the Senate or the Speaker of the House of Representatives, as the case may require

Senate on a long thing! grin
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by lilreese: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
rabosh:
The senate needs to go and study the laws and codes guiding their conduct and actions, they are not an absolute arm of government. They need to stop this overreaching arritude, they are NOT the law.

Oga better go ask for refund in your school
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by janefarms2015: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
intruxive:
tell your paymaster sarathief, he is not the president of nigeria and therefor cannot CRIPPLE the country. They can only make noise, they cannot execute a single shii

Gbagam!

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by kayzat: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2017
bufness:
lol, a whole professor of law, a office clerk?, you dont know what you're saying

The same way these children of hates termed Osinbajo a mere commissioner only to turn around to swallow their trash when Osinbajo became the acting President.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by maasoap(m): 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

The only person that seems to me to have lost it is you. What do you have against him? Nothing. Then, what's your rants all about?
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by numericalguy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
The consortium of presidents surrounding Buhari are just growing unruly and arrogant by the day and Buhari is not doing anything to curb it.

Here are some of the consortium of presidents in Buhari's govt. that are beyond his control.

Curropt and arrogant president Magu of EFCC
Arrogant president Hamid Ali of customs
Arrogant president Sagay

We have too many arrogant presidents in this govt.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 5:30pm On Mar 29, 2017
adioolayi:

Senate on a long thing! grin

Hahahaha! on a very loooooooooooooonnnnggg thing! The man schooled them!
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ilohemmy(m): 5:31pm On Mar 29, 2017
To summon him is like summoning the president,, he is an adviser to the presidency
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by miqos02(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Guyman02:

He is an appointee of Mr President and not above the Senate
his appointment is advisory, not backed by law.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by hazyfm1: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
adioolayi:

Who and Who can they Summon by the provision of Section 88 Please Post section 88 and 89 together and let's judge who is right grin

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm

88. (1) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, each House of the National Assembly shall have power by resolution published in its journal or in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation to direct or cause to be directed investigation into -
(a) any matter or thing with respect to which it has power to make laws, and
(b) the conduct of affairs of any person, authority, ministry or government department charged, or intended to be charged, with the duty of or responsibility for -
(i) executing or administering laws enacted by National Assembly, and
(ii) disbursing or administering moneys appropriated or to be appropriated by the National Assembly.
(2) The powers conferred on the National Assembly under the provisions of this section are exercisable only for the purpose of enabling it to -
(a) make laws with respect to any matter within its legislative competence and correct any defects in existing laws; and
(b) expose corruption, inefficiency or waste in the execution or administration of laws within its legislative competence and in the disbursement or administration of funds appropriated by it.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
pdp and impunity eehh.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by maasoap(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
dadexcel:
What can they do to Sagay? Pls, answer me.
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AngelicBeing: 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
eph123:

Yep, recession has no meaning to them because it has absolutely no impact on their fat allowances, that's why a government official can comfortably say "recession is just a word"

Anyways, I wish all Nigerians good luck, we are in dire need of it, cos as it is right now it's looking very bleak.
l agree with you, l dont even know if to wish the military to come back because the civilians are just clueless, military is not good enough but if they will do better, let them take over and sack all these thieves wink
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ezenaija(m): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

that does not mean he will insults an arm of government

We know when an ignorant person is talking.
Have you bothered to read the relevant section of the Constitution he referred to or are you one of those who ignorantly assume the Senate can summon just anyone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari With Wike As President Commissions New Airport Terminal In Port-Harcourt / EndSARS: Protesters Storm Abeokuta With Charms (Photos) / Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.