Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. (15427 Views)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / Various Academic And Administrative Vacancies Are Available In A University / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by shine12: 9:02am On Mar 31, 2017
To be honest Op, Nigeria is underdeveloped and labour productivity in some states is close to less than $10/month. Lagos state is arguably the only state that attracts major investors in Nigeria apart from oil producing states that have the western companies coming in to invest in oil infrastructure.

Infrastructure investors are not encouraged to invest in our energy, utilities, aviation sectors because of several key factors such as socio-political, corruption, security issues. How can states such as Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Kwara not have credible power plants, how many MWh of electricity do these states deliver to customers per year?. If you have a choice as an investor of investing in Kara, Togo with no violence and kidnapping OR Ibadan, Oyo with kidnapping and vandalism, you will select Kara, Togo of course.

One solution is that government should work more with both local and international investors and provide them with attractive incentives where infrastructure will be built. Infrastructure drives business and fosters economic growth which will in turn increase employment.
We need private investors coming in to build power plants at a rate of 20/year around various states. There are several infrastructure funds around the world seeking where to invest but they are always traumatized by Nigeria because of its instability.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Niyeal(m): 9:03am On Mar 31, 2017
hadura29:

are you staying in Ile IFe right now? if yes, why can't you tap in the programs of the new King, I heard he is doing alot. WHats holding you back?

GM
I don't know anything about the king program most of the programs are on paper and media. thanks
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Niyeal(m): 9:05am On Mar 31, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
who asked where you are from?.....must everything be tribal
what is your problem?
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by buchai: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2017
because Lagos is where things are happening

nonsense talk
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Basic123: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Because many Igbos have made Lagos their homes, investing trillions of naira and creating so many businesses. They make the money, but they find it very difficult to invest in their hometowns. They do not see the bigger picture. I blame the self-made millionaires who cannot build the magnificent estates that they build in Lagos in their hometowns. Lagosians are expanding every nook in Lagos and making trillions of dollars. Imagine how much a plot of land costs in Lekki, VI, Eko Atlantic etc, but people from other ethnic tribes buy them. For example, Nnewi is supposed to have been transformed to London by now. But, Igbo who claims be sensible people cannot take advantage of opportunities to transform their states for posterity. Ibori tried at his time by developing his village building schools and a lovely hospital. Cross river is doing a good job in creating opportunities for the indigenes. Dangote is now building a refinery in Lagos, so imagine that. The businesses and the investments in Lagos are just so enormous.
If Biafra ever came, how would the Igbos move their investments from Lagos?
...but they do say tinubu owns 50percent of lagos.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by shedy03(m): 9:40am On Mar 31, 2017
weedtheweeds:
Because many Igbos have made Lagos their homes, investing trillions of naira and creating so many businesses. They make the money, but they find it very difficult to invest in their hometowns. They do not see the bigger picture. I blame the self-made millionaires who cannot build the magnificent estates that they build in Lagos in their hometowns. Lagosians are expanding every nook in Lagos and making trillions of dollars. Imagine how much a plot of land costs in Lekki, VI, Eko Atlantic etc, but people from other ethnic tribes buy them. For example, Nnewi is supposed to have been transformed to London by now. But, Igbo who claims be sensible people cannot take advantage of opportunities to transform their states for posterity. Ibori tried at his time by developing his village building schools and a lovely hospital. Cross river is doing a good job in creating opportunities for the indigenes. Dangote is now building a refinery in Lagos, so imagine that. The businesses and the investments in Lagos are just so enormous.
u see why igbos cannot break out of Nigeria! they have lots & lots of investments outside of their States.
Igbo-naija kwenu!
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 31, 2017
Keep deceiving yourself. I'm sure you're one of those ipob parasites.

goldiam:
Because Lagos is a no man's land.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by chima4UK(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=adelcole post=55094290]This is a serious matter oooo.

Lagos travelling for Job no b wasa!
Yu get there you later find out nay #fake.
And So many other things.

Other things including GLNDs in place of Oil and Gas jobs.
It's well.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Analee(f): 9:49am On Mar 31, 2017
xqzytchyca:
Exactly!! I'm just tired of the whole thing
am even more tired dan u,cos am tired of readn lag job vacancies,many at times i js skip dem,lukn 4 ph,ph is even d worst u can hardly find jobs here 4m ph only scam jobs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2017
Because other places use connections and nepotism to employ. And there is no central pool (newspaper, website or centre) where jobs are advertised unlike in the UK where every area has a local newspaper where jobs are advertised and govt established job centres are in every corner.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Horlahmah(m): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2017
Lagos
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Horlahmah(m): 9:58am On Mar 31, 2017
My ex ignored me because i decided not to move to Lagos and start searching for jobs. I made up my mind not to go that city and struggle to live yet i will build house in Lagos. God on my side.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by wristbangle: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2017
weedtheweeds:

I don't know why I find this comment funny cheesy
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by maxwell767(m): 10:25am On Mar 31, 2017
adelcole:
I am sick and tired of all this. At times I find it difficult to read details of Job vacancies online as I have already presumed it would be Lagos jobs.

What of states like Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and the rest. Most everyone moves to Lagos before one can secure a good job. Knowing fully well the austerity in Lagos.

Let's have other State job vacancies too.

We at the downtrodden too need to survive. #alarmraised.

I read ur post in dismay @ Op, u are right there are many Job vacancies in Lagos, but the Question is, are those job Adverts u see online are they Genuine?

It will surprise u that thousands of graduates are still jobless in Lagos e.g me!

Some jobs are so frustrating, ur employees will use u like a used tissues and pay u peanut especially now that everything in Lagos is on the high side..

I remember one time I went for an interview only for them to tell me its a marketing job, and that I wont be placed on a salary cus I wont be a staff, they can only give me an allowance of 5k every month... Imagine

Na person wey wear shoe knows where e dy pain am

3 Likes

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by oforij(m): 10:26am On Mar 31, 2017
Imagine a state like delta having nothing to boast of. The whole thing just tire me
1. Up coming artists are all running to Lagos
2. Young graduate are all running to Lagos
3. Spinster are all running to Lagos
4. The list is just endless funny enough, after making the money they won't come back to develop their own state
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Good question. When that time comes, the Lagos State government would buy all your investments and the proceeds could be used to set up in your Biafra. Let's see how you'd thrive..then we would know if Biafra was worth it.

weedtheweeds:

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by murmee: 10:38am On Mar 31, 2017
KevinDein:
That's why the population of Lagos keeps swelling at a frightening rate with a resultant huge pressure on the infrastructures.

Lagos is becoming unlivable
You are right and it is frightening to imagine how living in Lagos will be like in the next 5 years. Everywhere is so choked up!
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by murmee: 10:44am On Mar 31, 2017
wizzywisdom:
The government want it that way, tell me why is there only one sea port in Nigeria. When machines​ are brought into the country through Lagos sea port how do u expect them to be move to other states? With this our bad road.
Are goods not coming to the country through Porthacourt sea port?
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by charlesucheh(m): 10:51am On Mar 31, 2017
Simply because it is the commercial and industrial nerve of the country! Other prefer misappropriation and chopping monies meant for that, but lagos does it alongside massive investment in industries!! You Don hear
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by babyfaceafrica: 11:30am On Mar 31, 2017
Niyeal:
what is your problem?
you
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by guiddoti: 11:47am On Mar 31, 2017
Op your question is like replicate of why "oyel only dey ND"?
Lasgidi is the home of fossil biz.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by rossyc(f): 11:49am On Mar 31, 2017
Have been asking the same question myself..Please help a sister..Any job vacancy in ph..
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by omotayo9177: 11:53am On Mar 31, 2017
olatemitayo:
While I can't disagree with the op, I still have to say that what seems to be the problem is actually an opportunity in disguise but the thing is this, how 'dirty' are we willing to get?

It will shock you to know that these states you mention provide the butter that garnishes the bread of Lagos. Let's wake up guyz and create the jobs. Thank you.
We share the same mind. where do you reside bro?

1 Like

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by hulla12: 11:59am On Mar 31, 2017
Because lagos is a country in Nigeria.
The Port, the Airport , etc
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by sirusX(m): 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
I always had this same thought, but I realize that most of the HR's over here are in Lagos offices, with others in places like Abuja

So, what happens to other states?? Don't they have HR's in their organizations, companies, or factories

It's all depend on the medium used in advertising

Your stats is based on just the Internet (online), but what about other means like newspapers, fliers and bill boards in a state

I would rather assume that recruitment in other states might be based on referrals, and so, most might be unadvertised

I think most people flood Lagos, because it has a lot to offer in terms of investment and development...and with the population, businesses that require a market rely of these figures as their pool of customers

Although, other cities can emulate Lagos and develop themselves, it all depends on how much one is willing to risk

1 Like

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 31, 2017
Because of Proximity to the Atlantic ocean, which made early Europeans interested in the land area. After mingling with the inhabitants of the area, development naturally started because the Seaport there was instrumental in international trade. Due to boom in trade, opportunities started to grow, which gave rise to fast growing population, with inflow from neighbouring regions. A higher population naturally brings about a diversity of people, bringing different skills, knowledge, creativity, information etc. This now made the federal government of Nigeria to situate the Nigerian capital there. Now, a federal capital no doubt will enjoy huge federal government investments on information, commerce and infrastructure. Which will attract more migrants due to more opportunities. Remember, the major part of Nigeria's history for now, happened in Lagos. Most jibs in Nigeria is in Lagos because, investment will only be made where there is a high level of information, infrastructure and mostly important, population, which Lagos possess, due to the chain happenings I described above. So, the environment is the most conducive for businesses to thrive. That being said, after the move of Nigeria's FCT from Lagos, a very important event occured. Which is the election of candidates that believe in sustainability and improvement through hardwork, thise were Jagaban, Fashola and Ambode, in collaboration with the various CEOs of large organisations.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
Positioning -> Population. Investment -> Infrastructure (Development). Information -> Population. Investment -> Infrastructure. Information. And that cycle continues... So this cycle can be replicated anywhere in the world.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by adelcole(m): 12:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
Heromaniaa:
Lagos has a thick density of industries compared to other states. But do not be deceived... Millions of people are jobless in Lagos... For instance -me. Read my hilarious diary on the link below. If you don't laugh, send me your address, I'd send you PIZZA. THEMADMAN'SBLOG

Adelcolebest@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Heromaniaa: 12:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
adelcole:
Read my hilarious diary THEMADMAN'SBLOG If my diary doesn't make you laugh, send me your address, I'd send you PIZZA.

Adelcolebest@yahoo.com
[img]https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiq9Im71IDTAhUH1hoKHdM6CVgQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pngall.com%2Fpizza-png&psig=AFQjCNHyhCY5e6V822XCq39_G8I4fnfVWA&ust=1491046808011407[/img]
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by StoneLucifer: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
weedtheweeds:

U nailed it..
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Heromaniaa: 12:43pm On Mar 31, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Updated Jobs Openings- OND, HND, BSC, Experienced / Nigerian Customs Recruitment 2010/2011 / Pricewaterhousecooper (pwc) Latest Job Recruitment (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.