Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,708 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. (15426 Views)

5 Things Every Job Seeker Should Know Before Starting Their Job Search / Various Academic And Administrative Vacancies Are Available In A University / 4 Shocking Facts About Lying On Your CV Every Job Seeker Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by SPOILT9JAOLOSHO(m): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2017
adelcole:
I am sick and tired of all this. At times I find it difficult to read details of Job vacancies online as I have already presumed it would be Lagos jobs.

What of states like Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and the rest. Most everyone moves to Lagos before one can secure a good job. Knowing fully well the austerity in Lagos.

Let's have other State job vacancies too.

We at the downtrodden too need to survive.
#alarmraised.

As in eh! no b smal thing
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by hadura29(m): 1:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
Niyeal:
I don't know anything about the king program most of the programs are on paper and media. thanks

you mean is wash wash or what? I will have to confirm that though....
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by matrixme(m): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
be deceiving yourself. The wise ones already established in Lagos are looking for ways to relocate. You need to widen your search scope. Even here on Nairaland, there is a thread that updates Abuja jobs and I am sure other cities have their own thread too. Lagos is not for all of us
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Folksyharry(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
wizzywisdom:
The government want it that way, tell me why is there only one sea port in Nigeria. When machines​ are brought into the country through Lagos sea port how do u expect them to be move to other states? With this our bad road.

You are on point. The historical and geographical position of Lagos state contributed along with the effort of successive government. However I still think the government (federal) is not doing enough to help investors invest in other states. If as an investor I want establish a manufacturing company in Calabar and I think about the cost of moving my imports and exports (as the case may be) I would prefer Lagos. But if the calabar port is working and a lot of the bottlenecks involved in clearing shipments are eliminated I will surely choose calabar
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by dman4real: 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
you are right dude. am not a lagocian but the simple truth is that because of the sea port in lagos, it is easy for companies to import their materials for work from overseas through the sea, as We know our country only use finish product or couple to be finish product. so no company will want to trade at a lost. my opinion.
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 31, 2017
murmee:
Are goods not coming to the country through Porthacourt sea port?
Do ur research very well
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by nothingspoil70: 5:26am On Apr 01, 2017
wizzywisdom:
The government want it that way, tell me why is there only one sea port in Nigeria. When machines​ are brought into the country through Lagos sea port how do u expect them to be move to other states? With this our bad road.
Seconded. There should be another seaport in Nnewi jare

1 Like

Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by nothingspoil70: 5:39am On Apr 01, 2017
Folksyharry:

You are on point. The historical and geographical position of Lagos state contributed along with the effort of successive government. However I still think the government (federal) is not doing enough to help investors invest in other states. If as an investor I want establish a manufacturing company in Calabar and I think about the cost of moving my imports and exports (as the case may be) I would prefer Lagos. But if the calabar port is working and a lot of the bottlenecks involved in clearing shipments are eliminated I will surely choose calabar
Is it not the same Nigerian customs creating bottlenecks in Lagos that Will still run calabar port? Nowhere is free from corruption in Nigeria
Re: Why Every Job Vacancies Are In Lagos. by nuele(m): 7:18am On Apr 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
who asked where you are from?.....must everything be tribal

Did he direct it to you? How was that a problem? He is proud of his origin, good for him...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Multiple Updated Jobs Openings- OND, HND, BSC, Experienced / Nigerian Customs Recruitment 2010/2011 / Have You Ever Experienced This after you have attended interview?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.