Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay (31183 Views)

Senate Insists On Not Considering Buhari’s Nominees / Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable Senate Insists (Video) / We Have Role To Play In Melaye’s Recall Process, Senate Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ilohemmy(m): 8:44am On Mar 30, 2017
The Senate don't have a legal right to summon a presidential adviser on any issue rather they write to the presidency,, but withstanding on that it is quite unlawful for him to insult the first class law makers
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Mintek: 8:45am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

If we allow the presidency to ridicule the senate, Nigerians are dead. If not for this senate, the executives would have sold us out. If the senate and the presidency agrees often, then we are all dead. There must be check and balance

School them please.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by enigma2007(m): 8:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Goke7:

and you think this present senate will also confirm a ribadu? you must be joking!

True o! If they cannot confirm Magu, i dont see a way in hell they will confirm Ribadu...

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by degab148(m): 8:46am On Mar 30, 2017
Na one yeye man wey no sabi hm right from left o..
Alphaoscar:

Who is this one again?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by discusant: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2017
KingRex1:

He said some obvious truths, though without proof.
Someone has to call this senate to order, and if u try using due process, you're only wasting your time. Ndume did nothing wrong, he only asked that they be probed, yet he was suspended.
The senate are misusing power

Buhari abuses power a million times more than whatever power abuse by the Senate.

Now that Senator Ndume long accused of association with Boko Haram is benched, it's a shorter route to impeach Ndume's staunch ally, President Buhari, who has committed several constitutional blunders.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by cyrilamx(m): 8:47am On Mar 30, 2017
Have u forgotten soon how Nigerians accused Buhari, that he will be a dictator? Was it not to placate them that PMB decided not to interfare? Hard he interfered in the election of NASS principled officers, many would have called for his head. He allowed them, saraki emerged, now you all are turning against him. He wants to use force to fight corruption, u peep will scream rule of law...his govt accused SP and DSP of forging Senate rule, took saraki to court for false asset declaration, many Nigerians cried witch-hunt and even became over-night Saraki's loyalists...many forgot that the president controls the armed forces, the security apparatus, the fund of government etc, u think it is anything for the president to constitute a league of assassins to start taking out these economic saboteurs calling themselves lawmakers? He can as well do a control bombing of NASS and make it look like boko haram's handiwork. Then I will see where the NASS will congregate to impeach him. The president wields too much power, he just wanna play the cool guy..plz just leave PMB out o this..
It Nigerians that brought this on themselves
muyibaba222:
Oga we know they are foolish. But Buhari brought this to himself in the name of being a democrat. I only pity the democracy we all enjoy being threatened by the Senate. There is a cabal in the Senate that have their say just like it's happening in presidency.

3 Likes

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Praktikals(m): 8:48am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

So if it were in military regime, you will tell them that they can't summon you? This democracy set!

Mad dog dey sabi fire nah grin
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Enyimbamercedes: 8:50am On Mar 30, 2017
Face like fermented fufu
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by discusant: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2017
cyrilamx:
Have u forgotten soon how Nigerians accused Buhari, that he will be a dictator? Was it not to placate them that PMB decided not to interfare? Hard he interfered in the election of NASS principled officers, many would have called for his head. He allowed them, saraki emerged, now you all are turning against him. He wants to use force to fight corruption, u peep will scream rule of law...his govt accused SP and DSP of forging Senate rule, took saraki to court for false asset declaration, many Nigerians cried witch-hunt and even became over-night Saraki's loyalists...many forgot that the president controls the armed forces, the security apparatus, the fund of government etc, u think it is anything for the president to constitute a league of assassins to start taking out these economic saboteurs calling themselves lawmakers? He can as well do a control bombing of NASS and make it look like boko haram's handiwork. Then I will see where the NASS will congregate to impeach him. The president wields too much power, he just wanna play the cool guy..plz just leave PMB out o this..
It Nigerians that brought this on themselves

Till tomorrow, Buhari is still interested in picking who shall be the principal officers of the Senate.

It's God's intervention that got the Senators a quorum to elect the senior officers of the National Assembly while Buhari's APC was still meeting elsewhere to choose who Buhari wanted for the principal offices of the Senate
If the APC had had the choice of Buhari as officers of the Senate, Idi Amin's Uganda would have been better than Nigeria by now.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by mclaaro(f): 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
ProudBornoBoy:
#Democracy is a curse to Africa..... All politician over 50yrs of age should be killed..... make youths rule
meanwhile
youth like Dino melaye, right? Nigeria My Country
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by cyrilamx(m): 8:56am On Mar 30, 2017
How many of u have been invited by the presidency or DSS for inflammatory statement against the president? Have many of u have been cautioned for peddling lies against PMB or for calling him unprintable names? Even when Nigerians even spread rumours of his demise in most critical period of his life, he didn't call fo anyone's arrest nor chided the rumour mongers...so it democracy, freedom of speech...let d Senate live with it.
thunder74:
The beauty of a normal and peaceful society is the respect for constituted authorities and rule of laws. Sagay does not have the power to insult the Senate by calling them rogues, childish and congregation of people with questionable characters nor does he has the power to refuse to attend the summon.

Many times, police (executive) has invited innocent citizens, even charged them to court for committing no offence. Are we now saying we should all be resisting the invitations of the members of the executive like police, efcc, DSS etc bc we think we have not done anything wrong or we are above the law?

The president derives his power and authorities from us today because we respect his office and once he is out of the place, the respect is shifted to the person occupying the office.

The Senate is an institution and we should not destroy it because we do not like some people there now or because the executive we have now does not want anybody to check their excesses.

Whatever we permit will increase

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by fasterwell(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

So if it were in military regime, you will tell them that they can't summon you? This democracy set!

Do you think that they could have intimidated the military head of state like they are doing to Buhari now?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Duru009(m): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2017
Oga professor you are only a political appointee. You must answer the Senate... ......!!!!!!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Jobos(m): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2017
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.
It is people like you that allow Dino to fight , abuse a woman senator, abuse Tinubu , etc.
It is a shame that freedom of speech is religated to zero cos of power drunk people like them. Prof. The senate lack the authority to summon him, let them challenge him in court for his statement . Senate can not turn that house to court where they judge everybody.
And that his why the prof also said their action is foolish

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by trinity11(m): 9:13am On Mar 30, 2017
Rolings:

Obj introduced Ghana must go to NASS and the thieves there didn't reject the ghana must go because they lack integrity. ....all this happened under PDP

Under Apc nothing like that is happening, yet some of you will still say there is no change .
INDEED THERE IS CHANGE EVERYWHERE FROM NASS TO JUDICIARY.
CHANGE IS HERE.

When obj carry Ghana must go gv the 8th chamber so, who kum tell u say the SINATORS grant his request for 3rd tenure?
go ask well, king nor dey reject free gift. and yes,,,,,,,, wake up
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Jobos(m): 9:14am On Mar 30, 2017
fasterwell:

Do you think that they could have intimidated the military head of state like they are doing to Buhari now?

I hope you guys are properly schooled because there can never senate in military rule .
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by mfm04622: 9:14am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

If we allow the presidency to ridicule the senate, Nigerians are dead. If not for this senate, the executives would have sold us out. If the senate and the presidency agrees often, then we are all dead. There must be check and balance

The Senate should act unconstitutionally so that the Presidency will not ridicule the Senate?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by josite: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2017
Sagay must be commended for hitting the nail on the head.and even if he loses his job ,he has done and said the right thing.nigeria has a senate of shame.and that is the honest truth.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Purplebirdrep: 9:22am On Mar 30, 2017
Highly disappointed in this man. Ridicule the Constitutionally constituted Authority
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by otosa(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

But are we in Military regime now? We're talking about moving forward from old century democracy system of Govt. And you are still dragging us back.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:23am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
oga professor your boss Buhari have sent the vice president and other ministers to go and beg saraki

stop bragging Fulanis will always make your certificate useless

LOL funny you, The man just insult them again if they get power make them insist on him to appear before them...
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by dansantus1986(m): 9:26am On Mar 30, 2017
Oh my country Nigeria!!! . The 8th Senate are now the ground for trial and error. All arms of the government are one their own. The executive does not respect the judiciary again, and vice versa. The legislators are daring the executives and vice versa. Confusion everywhere,

No matter what, the man is wrong to use such "words" on the Senate. It doesn't speak well of Nigeria as a whole.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:27am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

Democracy give freedom of speech and and the man can criticize them..
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:29am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

But we should allow the senate to ridicule the Presidency? We should allow the Senate to bully the presidency abi LOL..
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by numericalguy(m): 9:31am On Mar 30, 2017
Isn't this too much. The moment you insult the senate, then you have insulted the Nation. You have insulted the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The consortium of presidents surrounding Buhari are not only clueless but lawless and Buhari is too old and too much of a vegetative weakling to control them.

Examples of the consortium of presidents surrounding Buhari are;
Curropt and two faced president Magu
Arrogant, silly and clueless president Hamid Ali
Silly president sagay
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Max24: 9:32am On Mar 30, 2017
Stealing senators!!!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by StarPlayer: 9:35am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

That is what the executivee want you to believe, and sorry to say. You fall for it! Of all the allegations, which of them is true?The presidency want an executive power that wont be possible in a Democratic setting. Why aren't the president responded to the allegations against is untouchable aid. Magu is a bait, Nigerians need a Ribadu and not a political office holder. Ali and Magu should resign
People like you and those criminals in the NASS deserves to be tied to a pole and riddled with bullets for this country to move forward. Imagine such daft reasoning you're posting here. It's so anoying that hopeless cases like you are still breathing oxygen and occupying space on this planet.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:36am On Mar 30, 2017
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.

Hahahhaa so funny, But the senate can talk to the presidency anyhow? They can ridicule the President anyhow who are they? What power do they have to dictate for Mr President on who to sack or not to sack?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by 1freshdude: 9:36am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Shut your mouth empty skull! Really the Nigerians aee dead if not for the Senate, with all their jumbo pay and unequaled looting? You are definitely mad!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by magoo10(m): 9:38am On Mar 30, 2017
If the senate can be foolish then the entire Nigerian govt is foolish including you sir because it is so evident.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by oyetundedavid: 9:39am On Mar 30, 2017
you are ignorant of what you are saying....who is pdp, who is apc........ vast majority of apc are cloned from pdp
#change my foot#
Rolings:

Obj introduced Ghana must go to NASS and the thieves there didn't reject the ghana must go because they lack integrity. ....all this happened under PDP

Under Apc nothing like that is happening, yet some of you will still say there is no change .
INDEED THERE IS CHANGE EVERYWHERE FROM NASS TO JUDICIARY.
CHANGE IS HERE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

June 12: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Democracy Day (Live Updates) / Youths Destroy Abba Yaro's House, Cars Over Death Of Domestic Worker / INEC Declares Buhari Winner Of 2015 Presidential Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.