Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,925 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay (31182 Views)

Senate Insists On Not Considering Buhari’s Nominees / Nigeria's Unity Not Negotiable Senate Insists (Video) / We Have Role To Play In Melaye’s Recall Process, Senate Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by kinibigdeal(m): 11:20am On Mar 30, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

That's one of the problem the senate has no moral right to dictate for the President, For example Magu have been doing a very good job and was applaud by well meaning Nigerians.. Remember what Akpabio said they Magu want to use them for pepper soup what do you think he meant by that statement?

Hameed Ali has Custom boss since 2015 and Senate did not say anything about uniform until he seized 30 containers belonging to Senator hope and also impounding Saraki Range Rover.. Why wait until 2017 before they summon him over none wearing of uniform..

Oga nothing the senate can do the Executives have the power over them and if PMB want to exercise his power i believe you know what that means..

Why was Ali invited in the first place? are we quick to forget the main issue raised by Dino Melaye? why was Dino Milaye's certificate issues raised after he summoned the custom boss on the attrocities going on which will affect many Nigerians. Who wrote the report against Magu, the DSS or the senate?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Ubenedictus(m): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2017
Nwachineke1980:
They don't have the right to summon you but u are free to insult them.I blame Saraki for all this.If he had stood his ground from the beginning, the senate would not have been turned into a laughing stock.
He is free to insult them actually, if they think he is wrong they should sue him.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Akinbahm(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2017
The arm of government spoiling our state is the Judiciary... Please pass new laws....
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Ubenedictus(m): 11:25am On Mar 30, 2017
ilohemmy:
The Senate don't have a legal right to summon a presidential adviser on any issue rather they write to the presidency,, but withstanding on that it is quite unlawful for him to insult the first class law makers
If it is unlawful let them sue him.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Ubenedictus(m): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2017
Duru009:
Oga professor you are only a political appointee. You must answer the Senate... ......!!!!!!
Not all political appointees are answerable to the senate, only those who administer laws and disburse monies, prof segay doesnt fall into those groups.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ProudBornoBoy(m): 11:29am On Mar 30, 2017
mclaaro:
youth like Dino melaye, right? Nigeria My Country
Kill them all
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ProudBornoBoy(m): 11:31am On Mar 30, 2017
hysteriabox:

Kill is a stretch but I agree with you
But the youth are not ready. All we know is 'au awan take hammer'
They ain't ready for a massive revolution
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ProudBornoBoy(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
abacus:

Dino nko?
Kill the bastard
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Ubenedictus(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2017
DeepSight:

The professor is wrong on this one.

So long as the office he occupies is funded by monies appropriated by the parliament, he may be summoned by the parliament.
Besides there are more sweeping powers.
Actually you are wrong, the senate can only lauch investigation against 2 kinds of persons according to section 88 of the constitution.
1. Those that administer laws
2. Those that disburse money.

Segay doesn administer laws, he doesnt disburse appropriated money, he is outside the scope defined in the constitution.

It is not about whether his office is funded by appriopriated money, that isn't what the constitution say...the constitution say his office has to DISBURSE appriopriated money before the senate can investigate him.

his office doesnt disburse money he can't be investigated.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Dipville(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2017
sharpden:

So if it were in military regime, you will tell them that they can't summon you? This democracy set!

Really, are there senators in the military regime too...pls don't just talk cause others do.

Thanks plus do soul searching often...Truth is key!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Dipville(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

If we allow the presidency to ridicule the senate, Nigerians are dead. If not for this senate, the executives would have sold us out. If the senate and the presidency agrees often, then we are all dead. There must be check and balance

Again please don't just talk cz others do...pls think

Thanks
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Boyooosa(m): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
oga professor your boss Buhari have has sent the vice president and other ministers to go and beg saraki

stop bragging Fulanis will always make your certificate useless
I believe in you, you can express yourself correctly... C'mon, go on, you can do this!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Boyooosa(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2017
ProudBornoBoy:
#Democracy is a curse to Africa..... All politician over 50yrs of age should be killed..... make youths rule
meanwhile
Go to Kogi State and retract refresh your statement.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by marv1: 11:56am On Mar 30, 2017
You have no point. Go and read the constitution very well and see for yourself. Most of these senators are bundle of jokers thinking its every dick and harry they can summon. Even if they summon him, are they going to kill him there? What difference will it make? Nonsence. If they are aggreived , let them go to court naaaa.
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by DozieInc(m): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2017
Innomach:

Don't know much what the senators are doing, but the two things that I can remember are: Without their intervention, by now we would have been paying double of what we pay today in data and call rate. Secondly, without their most recent intervention, by now some of us that are managing our old cars bought since 90's would have been having a running battle with the custom men. You may never know the value of someone until you loose it.
You made a point

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
oga professor your boss Buhari have sent the vice president and other ministers to go and beg saraki

Are you ok,?
I doubt!
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by MyMouth(m): 12:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:
oga professor your boss Buhari have sent the vice president and other ministers to go and beg saraki

So u think trying to make peace is a sign of weakness right? I guess you need to watch the movie " The Godfather " to understand that making peace sometimes is a strategy and not a weakness.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by ProudBornoBoy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Boyooosa:
Go to Kogi State and retract refresh your statement.
On My Way

1 Like

Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nellybii: 12:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
PMBNG:

Unless Sagay is not being paid from the National Treasury then he might escape a little, even at that the words he used are insulting and he should be cautioned.

If those insulting APC elected officials can land in jail then Sagay should not be left out, all this people Buhari surrounded himself with are creating more problems for him.

If its not your preferred candidates are key officials in the Senate, you don't ridicule them, you claim they are men with questionable character, how? You claim they are corrupt why not probe them? Even if you probe them what right have you to judge them as corrupt when you're not a competent court of law?

To me, Sagay should be bundled and tied up by Dino Melaye, the Senate should not order for police to arrest him, they have the able-bodied mafia to do that.

The other day it was Ali, followed by Lawal, now na Sagay.

Nonsense.

Thing like this makes me remember Jonathan, GEJ we are really sorry.

Sorry for yourself. Mtchewww
Now go kneel down there and raise up your hands.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by CashVessel(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Tell them. What do they know? Disturbing us with noise everyday. A budget has been presented long ago, they won't concentrate on that.

Be sure you the facts of what you are saying before broadcasting. The senate is not the one delaying that budget, but the executive; ministers and the MDAs, dragging their feet to defend it
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by mario383: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
LordIsaac:
Fact...street men and corrupt legislooters trying to engage a renowned professor of constitutional law on matters bounding on the constitution? I think whatever opium they are high on is gradually moving them to the brink of insanity!
The painful aspect is when Sagay said Buhari cannot be threatened easily and the same bread-like Buhari has just waken up from sleep and decided to send a team to talk and appeal to the senators and people are saying Buhari cannot threatened. What does Buhari know? If Buhari is normal, all these issues would have been settled long before now. Everything has turned up down before him dey wake from sleep.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Raskasal(m): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Mintek:

School them please.

How market my son
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Primebuilders(m): 1:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
Aufbauh:
Is quite unfortunate that the 8th Senate is constituting itself to be both maker and enforcer of the law out of crash ignorance and self aggrandizement.

Former president Obj had make more disparaging remarks about the senate before by calling bunch of rogues and thieves in high places. Why have they not attempt to summon Baba? This guys are mere jobless comedians trading off our time and resources.
For pres. OBJ is not in any way performing civil job. But sagey is
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Walexxy11: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
todayboy:

Eyahhhhh.....common reasoning no common oooo
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Rolings: 1:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
oyetundedavid:
you are ignorant of what you are saying....who is pdp, who is apc........ vast majority of apc are cloned from pdp
#change my foot#

You are the ignorant one and I don't blame you, I'm sure some network provider has given you some free MB which you are now abusing by using it to make false statements. The fact is that the nPDP members in APC are just about 10%. The vast majority of APC members are from the legacy parties of ANPP....ACN....CPC and a faction of APGA. all were opposition parties that were slugging it out with PDP in their various regions .
Educate yourself and stop listening to beer parlour gossips...
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Rolings: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
trinity11:

When obj carry Ghana must go gv the 8th chamber so, who kum tell u say the SINATORS grant his request for 3rd tenure?
go ask well, king nor dey reject free gift. and yes,,,,,,,, wake up

They collect ghana must go to pass budget, to confirm nominees, to oversight agencies, to pass laws and also collected money to consider Obj third term bid which they rejected after collecting money, reason why obj has not forgiven NASS and use every opportunity to come down hard on them.
you are in a deep slumber and have no right to wake anyone up.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by kinibigdeal(m): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
1freshdude:

Shut your mouth empty skull! Really the Nigerians aee dead if not for the Senate, with all their jumbo pay and unequaled looting? You are definitely mad!

You cant even construct a simple sentences, how will you understand the federal system of government or rather how the senate operate.
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by eleshin(m): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
kinibigdeal:

If we allow the presidency to ridicule the senate, Nigerians are dead. If not for this senate, the executives would have sold us out. If the senate and the presidency agrees often, then we are all dead. There must be check and balance
Pls who is checking the Senate?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by trinity11(m): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2017
Rolings:

They collect ghana must go to pass budget, to confirm nominees, to oversight agencies, to pass laws and also collected money to consider Obj third term bid which they rejected after collecting money, reason why obj has not forgiven NASS and use every opportunity to come down hard on them.
you are in a deep slumber and have no right to wake anyone up.

I am glad you know why Obj cannot see or say anything good about NASS,
Therefore Obj is not a credible candidate to access credibility of NASS.
Next reference plssssss,

And yes wake up
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Sylva2147: 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
thunder74:
The beauty of a normal and peaceful society is the respect for constituted authorities and rule of laws. Sagay does not have the power to insult the Senate by calling them rogues, childish and congregation of people with questionable characters nor does he has the power to refuse to attend the summon.

Many times, police (executive) has invited innocent citizens, even charged them to court for committing no offence. Are we now saying we should all be resisting the invitations of the members of the executive like police, efcc, DSS etc bc we think we have not done anything wrong or we are above the law?

The president derives his power and authorities from us today because we respect his office and once he is out of the place, the respect is shifted to the person occupying the office.

The Senate is an institution and we should not destroy it because we do not like some people there now or because the executive we have now does not want anybody to check their excesses.

Whatever we permit will increase
The so called Senate abandon their primary duties to pay more attention to something irrelevant not once or twice that's why they lost their respect. so any citizen that criticised the Senate should be summon because they are the constituted authority right?
Re: If The Senate Insists On Summoning Me, They Are Foolish – Sagay by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 30, 2017
Rolings:

Obj introduced Ghana must go to NASS and the thieves there didn't reject the ghana must go because they lack integrity. ....all this happened under PDP

Under Apc nothing like that is happening, yet some of you will still say there is no change .
INDEED THERE IS CHANGE EVERYWHERE FROM NASS TO JUDICIARY.
CHANGE IS HERE.
Recently some members of PDP defects to APC, are they not corrupt?
Am not supporting all these so called leaders and politicians, they are not worth to die for neither Nigeria.
My responsibility is to hold them full time accountable as they are still in office or power, not when they leave office before we blaming them of what they didn't do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seven In Race For APC National Chairman / Igbo Groups Asks Deputy Senate President Ekweremadu To Step Down / June 12: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians On Democracy Day (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.