Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,594 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:17 AM

Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari (47535 Views)

Senate Gives Buhari 5 Days To Submit Names Of Ministerial Nominees / Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / Senate Gives Osinbajo Ultimatum To Submit Budgets Of Revenue Generating Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Daboomb: 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
zegxy:
SIMPLY PUT, THE ONUS OF THE PROBLEMS FACING THE COUNTRY IS AS A RESULT OF PMB'S INDECISIVENESS AND LACK OF POLITICAL SAGACITY.

[b]If you are looking for DICTATORSHIP, look no further than this current SENATE!
Anyone that says anything contrary to what they want, is `destroyed immediately.

Recall that when Senator Ndume, a member of the Senate itself, was first removed by Saraki and his Senate Gang, when he voiced a contrary opinion with the way the Senate treated Magu's case.

Now that the same Senator Ndume raised a "Point of Privilege" within the Senate (A means by which a Senator may ask that the Senate look at an issue urgently), he is again entirely SUSPENDED for Six months from the Senate.

This same Saraki-gangsters, when INEC said it wanted to "start early" to prepare for 2019 elections, to avoid fire-brigade approach as we usually have before, the Executive sent the list of 27 INEC Electoral Commissioners (REC) to Senate for debate and confirmation.
This Saraki and his criminals decided that they will NOT confirm the REC's except the Executive removes Magu from EFCC[/b]

The same Senate is here again trying to arm-twist the Executive to do its bidding insisting they must "look the other way" in the corruption case of their Hench-leader, Saraki........ when they should just have wait for the court to decide, as expected in a Democracy!

Why is this Saraki-led Senate all about BLACKMAIL?
Are the above decisions taken in the interest of the Nigerians that they are supposed to make "good laws" for?

I know most of you posting here are "ignorant babies" who lack the ability to consummate issues and undergo critical reasoning, so l am not surprised that most of you (not all of you) cant understand what you are typing.

Saraki is gradually becoming a DICTATOR...........and if Nigerians dont check him, he will truncate this Democracy of ours.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Shakur86(m): 2:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nigeria my country. I weep for this zoo called country.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by FBIL: 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
kizzyblazee:
I think from the onset the president is not a politician but jus a leader that is keen on wanting to get things done on his own, without consultation of his co-leaders(the Senate). I think he should come down from his highly elevated throne and see the likes of Saraki and Dogara as a bitter fact, that he has no option than to work with them if the country must make progress. IF I see him I will have this idiom for him"Treat Saraki and likes, like a 'mad cow in the market'. If u use iron hand to drive it away it may cause more damage than u preempted."So the only way to drive it out is 'wisdom' not coercion/force. or best deal with it,as 'reality'. #EGOHASNEVERPAIDOFF.
The senate is selfish! So because their corrupt leader, Saraki, is being investigated therefore, every cooperation that will move the country forward to benefit the ordinary Nigerian should be frustrated? Your attitude often justify the need to support these Biafra seccession calls. They have forgotten that there exists independence among the 3 arms of government, and should be careful about some Kind of illicit relationship. Their refusal to clear Magu and the INEC Commissioners are clear indications that they only think about themselves. Most of these Senators, getting to 2 years now, have yet to organize a common town hall meeting to brief their constituents of their achievements so far.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Osyabj: 2:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
The Senate through a ranking senator (name withheld) who is close to the leadership of the senate identified five conditions for peace to reign between the executive and the legislative arm of government, Daily Trust reports.

He said for peace to prevail between the presidency and the senate, the trial of the senate president, Bukola Saraki should be discontinued forthwith.

It appears virtually all commentators are ignoring this sad commentary on Nigerian society in 2017.

Even as we watch France, Israel, etc, try and jail their president, watch South Korea ready to try their President, the young people of this country are making eexcuses for a common thief, like Saraki , who forged the Senate rules to impose himself on the Nigerian people!!

Sad indeed.

Buhari should consult OBJ and use the rules of war to destroy this pest, Saraki , along with his supporters in the Presidency. Period.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Osyabj: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2017
The Senate through a ranking senator (name withheld) who is close to the leadership of the senate identified five conditions for peace to reign between the executive and the legislative arm of government, Daily Trust reports.

[size=13pt]He said for peace to prevail between the presidency and the senate, the trial of the senate president, Bukola Saraki should be discontinued forthwith.[/size]

It appears virtually all commentators are ignoring this sad commentary on Nigerian society in 2017.

Even as we watch France, Israel, etc, try and jail their president, watch South Korea ready to try their President, the young people of this country are making eexcuses for a common thief, like Saraki , who forged the Senate rules to impose himself on the Nigerian people!!

Sad indeed.

Buhari should consult OBJ and use the rules of war to destroy this pest, Saraki , along with his supporters in the Presidency. Period.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by rhymesnoni(m): 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
cowards!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by elmisti(m): 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
gbeseun:
Saraki and dogara should better thread softly because if obj advised buhari on what to do to impeach them, they won't escape O,they should. Just go and ask the former sp both living and dead.

That will be crazilly imposible.....dis senate belongs to saraki. If it were left to be for d red chamber alone.. Buhari will bw chilling in daura already cuz anyday anytym...saraki holds a very big ammount of his fellow sinators in the house.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Babacele: 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
modath:

This is the only point they really want to pass, the other 4 are just mere distraction.....

Bubu over to you, package the Ghana must go.
hmmm.....I just tire.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Stormofsword: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
The Cabinet needs to change tactics. Magu does need to fill the position of Efcc chairman. Vice chairman will do or director if investigation.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Ndolarr: 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
All the Senate 'gragra' is because of Saraki's thief thief trial at CCT and EFCC probe of his NGF money theft! He is a mega thief! Senators are just following him blindly. Shior!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2017
Daboomb:

Scallywags like you, full ground....... that is why thieves like Saraki, forgers like Dino Melaye and Andy Ubah are having a field day!

Common reasoning and intelligent debate, you cant do........
Your future is ruined perpetually!

Carry-on, you hear
. undecided
But they have Nepa bill?
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by MyMouth(m): 2:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Eluwilussit:

You never knew him. He hasn't changed. This is the same Buhari of old. Difference is that some of you refused to see beyond your noses. He has always been an impostor and very daft.

Some of us tried very hard to point out the very fact that this idiot has nothing to offer Nigerians, but every newbie who knew nothing about the man claimed otherwise.

Good news is that at least you have realized your wrong.
OK, what was I suppose to do then? Of course u don't expect me to vote gej then, it would have been worst! No doubt am disappointed in PMB but I don't regret voting him and I would do it again if his opponent is GEj!

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Babacele: 2:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Daboomb:

[b]If you are looking for DICTATORSHIP, look no further than this current SENATE!
Anyone that says anything contrary to what they want, is `destroyed immediately.

Recall that when Senator Ndume, a member of the Senate itself, was first removed by Saraki and his Senate Gang, when he voiced a contrary opinion with the way the Senate treated Magu's case.

Now that the same Senator Ndume raised a "Point of Privilege" within the Senate (A means by which a Senator may ask that the Senate look at an issue urgently), he is again entirely SUSPENDED for Six months from the Senate.

This same Saraki-gangsters, when INEC said it wanted to "start early" to prepare for 2019 elections, to avoid fire-brigade approach as we usually have before, the Executive sent the list of 27 INEC Electoral Commissioners (REC) to Senate for debate and confirmation.
This Saraki and his criminals decided that they will NOT confirm the REC's except the Executive removes Magu from EFCC[/b]

The same Senate is here again trying to arm-twist the Executive to do its bidding insisting they must "look the other way" in the corruption case of their Hench-leader, Saraki........ when they should just have wait for the court to decide, as expected in a Democracy!

Why is this Saraki-led Senate all about BLACKMAIL?
Are the above decisions taken in the interest of the Nigerians that they are supposed to make "good laws" for?

I know most of you posting here are "ignorant babies" who lack the ability to consummate issues and undergo critical reasoning, so l am not surprised that most of you (not all of you) cant understand what you are typing.

Saraki is gradually becoming a DICTATOR...........and if Nigerians dont check him, he will truncate this Democracy of ours.
because Buhari allows him. I'm a diehard Buarist but when the essence of the phenomenon we voted for is being tampered with by the very custodian of the ideal, then like Aisha Buhari I'm afraid I would be forced to think twice. You can't surround your kitchen with rotten meats of a cabal without attracting flies like saraki and come out to tell you are pro good hygiene!
For allowing the Saraki coup against the party is a grave political sin the president has made worse by retaining saraki-like kitchen cabinet. Take the case of Magu for example which clearly shows PMB may not actually be in control. Does El Rufai hate him too? We are worried because we love pmb but we love Nigeria better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by adeoba2008(m): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
The 8th Senate are the largest group of rogues I have ever seen.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by ideatoprince18(m): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
omenkaLives:
Now look at all that and ask yourself which one of the conditions takes into consideration the needs of the common man?

Such a hopeless situation we find ourselves in today.
.... But u voted for them
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Lumig: 3:09pm On Mar 30, 2017
genearts:

In 2011 election I was the only person that voted for him my polling unit in Benin despite the huge popularity of gej then. I have always thought he's smart, wise and decisive, but I'm totally disappointed in him right now.
"Decisive"? With the system of government we are running and the kind of pple that we are? We will start quoting decrees and constitution that will incapacitate the presidency. I can say confidently that we don't really know what we want as a people until then we would continue lamenting, complaining, blaming and blabbing.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by persius555(m): 3:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
These guys are nothing but unrepentant rogues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
MyMouth:

OK, what was I suppose to do then? Of course u don't expect me to vote gej then, it would have been worst! No doubt am disappointed in PMB but I don't regret voting him and I would do it again if his opponent is GEj!

GEJ was not an alternative either, unfortunately. Though at the rate Buhari is going, by the end of his term, even Abacha might appear as a better alternative. I feel u sha. Can't blame you at all. We lack leaders. Genuine, unadulterated leadership is missing in our polity. cry cry

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Lumig: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
We rather don't call them Senate or senators but SARAKI/DINO HOUSE OF GANGSTERS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by genearts(m): 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lumig:
"Decisive"? With the system of government we are running and the kind of pple that we are? We will start quoting decrees and constitution that will incapacitate the presidency. I can say confidently that we don't really know what we want as a people until then we would continue lamenting, complaining, blaming and blabbing.

Are u saying there is nothing he can do?? Me I don't even care if the action is unconstitutional, just tame these bastards. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness.

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Lumig: 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
genearts:

Are u saying there is nothing he can do?? Me I don't even care if the action is unconstitutional, just tame these bastards. You cannot negotiate from a position of weakness.
I understand your frustration, but as I said we don't know what we want as a pple, we will be the one shouting foul if any step is taken. We are not ripe for the system of government we are running.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by MyMouth(m): 4:22pm On Mar 30, 2017
Eluwilussit:

GEJ was not an alternative either, unfortunately. Though at the rate Buhari is going, by the end of his term, even Abacha might appear as a better alternative. I feel u sha. Can't blame you at all. We lack leaders. Genuine, unadulterated leadership is missing in our polity. cry cry
Very true! I pray we get it right in 2019 sha.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by genearts(m): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Lumig:
I understand your frustration, but as I said we don't know what we want as a pple, we will be the one shouting foul if any step is taken. We are not ripe for the system of government we are running.

I couldn't agree less bruh. But PMB needs to act!!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by murmee: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
zegxy:
SIMPLY PUT, THE ONUS OF THE PROBLEMS FACING THE COUNTRY IS AS A RESULT OF PMB'S INDECISIVENESS AND LACK OF POLITICAL SAGACITY.
Talking about Political Sagacity, the people in APC, that possess that attribute in good measure and who could have been of tremendous assistance to PMB, have unfortunately, been shoved aside. One of such people is Tinubu.
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
murmee:
Talking about Political Sagacity, the people in APC, that possess that attribute in good measure and who could have been of tremendous assistance to PMB, have unfortunately, been shoved aside. One of such people is Tinubu.

Tinubu is gathering momentum. He stepped aside so he could monitor the trend. I unconsciously do things like that too. It's in the blood (training).
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by GreatZaza(m): 5:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
voicelez:
The conditions are:
1. share the money
2. give us the contracts
3. amend the budget to suit us
4. share more money
5. infact bring all the money
THIEVES

There is nothing like that, is it everybody in NASS that is a thief? If you were opportuned to be a member will you ask them to stop paying you the salary that is constitutionally your right. The problem is Buhari knows nothing about consolidating his power, I have said this before, During the stone age they had some prime ministers who had more influence than the king but the few wise kings who succed drew this great prime ministers close with gift and other things and crushed them beyond repair. I guess Buhari is not that few. With the way things are going this people could easily plot his impeachment, He better employ a good political strategist like the likes of Tsun-tsun
Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by sweetgala(m): 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
Buharimustgo:
Bukola Saraki is one of the best politicians in Nigeria in recent time

Wake up..

1 Like

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Daboomb: 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
Babacele:
because Buhari allows him. I'm a diehard Buarist but when the essence of the phenomenon we voted for is being tampered with by the very custodian of the ideal, then like Aisha Buhari I'm afraid I would be forced to think twice. You can't surround your kitchen with rotten meats of a cabal without attracting flies like saraki and come out to tell you are pro good hygiene!
For allowing the Saraki coup against the party is a grave political sin the president has made worse by retaining saraki-like kitchen cabinet. Take the case of Magu for example which clearly shows PMB may not actually be in control. Does El Rufai hate him too? We are worried because we love pmb but we love Nigeria better.

You are absolutely correct!
Buhari was trying to play "Politics" with Tinubu (albeit whittle down the influence of Tinubu) when he allowed Saraki to "steal' the Senate Presidency!
Then he made it worse by saying "He is for no-one and he is for everybody"!

It backfired on him because the Saraki he tied to embrace is the Devil's incarnate!
That he is unable to address the issue of Daura Lawal "brazenly" messing-up his nominee in Magu,
that he was unable to do anything about Babachir Lawal and his Grass-cutter-Gate (at least order an investigation and show the people that you wont cover-up any insinuation of corruption)
and that he has even displayed some "funny" l dont care attitude with respect to the rampaging Fulani herdsmen (l see them as criminals and kidnappers but the way he allowed the "Fulani Police Man" to handle the Ile-Ife farmer/Herdsmen clash.

But WHY?

My own opinion is that :
1.) Buhari is trying too hard to be seen as a Democrat (which he is not and we never voted for him to come and act like one! Corruption, the type we have in Nigeria, that is manned by devilish vultures like Saraki, cannot be fought with the "fair tools of Democracy"!).
In trying to shed the toga of a military Dictator, he has surrendered his authority as President of Nigeria, to some Cabals... and Senators have seen this and decided they can also usurp his authority and nothing will happen.
Can Obasanjo nominate a person for Senate confirmation and the DSS Director he appointed, thwart that nomination not once but twice, even with a third follow-up stinker?

2.) Buhari places too much emphasis on "familial association", instead of building real bridges of trust: In summary, he seems to still be afraid of the ghost of his first deposition in a coup by Babangida (recall the Saraki and Dino Melaye recently went to to prostrate for Babangida in the heat of Magu's rejection) and he seems to only want to surround himself with people he is beholden to or related to somehow.
Lawal Duara is still occupying that seat because Buhari "believes" he is the only one he can trust to protect his mandate, even if he is under a surgical knife. Nothing Daura does, will make Buhari remove him.

Babachir Lawal and Abba Kyari are two other Fulani "loyalist" of Buhari.
Buhari is ready to sacrifice his own integrity for these people and they form what we know as the "cabal" in Aso Rock.

So, all it takes is for Saraki to infiltrate these 'cabal' (or play on their 'selfish interest' as is the case of Lawal Daura Vs. Magu)

3.) Buhari is not ready to "play Politics" ...or play ball! He does not want to compromise his values and rightly so but in Nigeria, we know that "criminals are in power" and to operate in their realm, you must be ready to be corrupt (Just imagine the Senators giving the condition 'for peace' with the Presidency as "Increase their own budget"! In this era of recent!! Thus, Buhari is yet to learn the "corrupt dance' of politicians and in that vein, he is not yet a politician.
He has used the TSA to render the thievery of most "office holders" (be it Politicians or Career Civil Servants) impossible. hence their grumbling!
He has given teeth to EFCC, Code of Conduct Bureau, Customs, NAFDAC and other anti-corruption Agencies!
Even the courts have been well funded and then purged of corruption.

Also, we must factor-in Buhari's health. Leading Nigeria is not a "child's play" in terms of energy and stamina requirement!
Buhari has been weakened seriously by his ailment and his 'actions are always coming very late or too late". The last sojourn in U.K even made it worse! He took too long to present a Senate President (which is one of the reasons Saraki took advantage), He took too long to nominate Ministers, too long to do anything he intended doing!
You might say he is trying to "do it well" but there is "time and season" for everything under the sun!
I pray for him daily but l am afraid, just looking at what Nigeria has turned Fashola into, within two years, .... it might just be too hard for Buhari!
And that is the loss of the ordinary Nigerians.

Unless Buhari suddenly develops some "Mojo' and take some radical decision, ...like dissolve the NASS.... (and l am sure with the current "mindset" of Nigerians, he will get their support), fire Daura and Babachir Lawal, approach the likes of Tinubu and Oyegun to instil discipline in their party (APC) so that everyone sits-up and stop acting like an opposition within the ruling party.........unless he does something 'radical' like that, he will go down as a failure in his first term and he can even kiss any second term "good-bye".

Mind you, this does not mean Nigerians will accept to go back to "the days and criminals" of "stealing is not corruption" fame!
Never again, on that one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari by Daboomb: 6:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
GreatZaza:

There is nothing like that, is it everybody in NASS that is a thief? If you were opportuned to be a member will you ask them to stop paying you the salary that is constitutionally your right. The problem is Buhari knows nothing about consolidating his power, I have said this before, During the stone age they had some prime ministers who had more influence than the king but the few wise kings who succed drew this great prime ministers close with gift and other things and crushed them beyond repair. I guess Buhari is not that few. With the way things are going this people could easily plot his impeachment, He better employ a good political strategist like the likes of Tsun-tsun

I am sure you dont know what they earn nor do you know how they "appropriate and legalize" money to themselves!
if your boss ask you to fix your own salary and do as you like with any increment you want, at the beginning of every year, l am sure you would ruin your company within three years....... just like these Senators are going to ruin Nigeria.

Nigerian Senators are already over-paid, in a country where the common man cannot have #20,000 wage!

See below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Actor & Musician, King Zealot Arrested, Paraded As ESN Operative (Pictures) / Bukola Saraki Meets Ademola Adeleke In Osun Today (Photos) / Does The President Have The Constitutional Power To Suspend The Chief Justice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.