Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup (29451 Views)

How To Make Ofe Oha (oha Soup) / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice / Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Vegetable Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by MCLION1(f): 6:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
I prefer using palmfruit[mkpuru nkwu] to red oil to make Oha and Onugbo soup. Eventho it's more stressful cos of d pounding and squeezing out the oil from d palmfruit.

2 Likes

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Amarabae(f): 6:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
AuroraB:
shocked 'Fresh fish' in 'Uha' sou sad lipsrsealed
yes dear, you have not tried it b4?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
hmmmm....
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by okwyee(m): 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
princechurchill:
Marry an Igbo woman and you will never regret it, their main priority is the husband's stomach.

A woman that will always cook a soup like that one in the pix the op shared here for the average Nigerian husband probably doesn't Wang him to succeed in life.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Ejjis(m): 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2017
Amarabae:
I love to prepare Oha soup.
Also its good to add some cow intestine to it, it gives it a unique taste.
I sometimes use fresh fish with Uziza leaf and hot pepper to cook it.

This Girl don kill me, where are you from biko nu?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nukualofa:
Wiseandtrue can you prepare this grin
Regular delicacy nau
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ejjis:

This Girl don kill me, where are you from biko nu?

heaven on earth
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by PenisCaP: 8:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeezeegal:
Lolz... Yeah But Dis Ur Moniker Get As E Be O

Hahaha.. how em be na?
U like am abi? grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by zeezeegal(m): 8:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hahaha.. how em be na? U like am abi? grin
I Dy Fear Am O
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by PenisCaP: 8:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeezeegal:
I Dy Fear Am O

Hahahhaa nothing to fear abt dear.
Ok what abt lookin at it from d other perspective
"Ladies favourite". wink

Might b d inspiration behind it tho. grin
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by zeezeegal(m): 9:10pm On Mar 30, 2017
PenisCaP:

Hahahhaa nothing to fear abt dear.
Ok what abt lookin at it from d other perspective
"Ladies favourite". wink

Might b d inspiration behind it tho. grin
Lolz, Pls Dnt Mention D Look Aspect Of It Again... It Scares Me
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by PenisCaP: 9:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeezeegal:
Lolz, Pls Dnt Mention D Look Aspect Of It Again... It Scares Me

Dnt be scared my queen it wont bite u. grin.
Atleast not a beauty like u baby... kiss

So how u doing dear?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by zeezeegal(m): 9:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
PenisCaP:

Dnt be scared my queen it wont bite u. grin. Atleast not a beauty like u baby... kiss
So how u doing dear?
Lolz.. Am Gud N U?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by PenisCaP: 9:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeezeegal:
Lolz.. Am Gud N U?

Im fine dear...
even thought i wasnt until i viewed ur pix and my hrt come dey do me zzzzhhhh zzzhhhhhh zzzzhhhh..E come stop and my whole body come cooooooL grin
All thanks to ya pic.

So how ur side tonight hope u havin a nice time? dear?.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by zeezeegal(m): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
PenisCaP:

Im fine dear...
even thought i wasnt until i viewed ur pix and my hrt come dey do me zzzzhhhh zzzhhhhhh zzzzhhhh..E come stop and my whole body come cooooooL grin
All thanks to ya pic.

So how ur side tonight hope u havin a nice time? dear?.
I Just Dy Scatta Laf For Here O... Ma Dear, Thank God 4 Today. Hw Ur Syd?
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by PenisCaP: 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
zeezeegal:
I Just Dy Scatta Laf For Here O... Ma Dear, Thank God 4 Today. Hw Ur Syd?

Everythin is fine here baby...

But i seriously wish i can apply for the job of the queens attendant... i on kno if tht queen really has att3ndant or shz jst kidding. smiley
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by midfinger(m): 9:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
okwyee:

A woman that will always cook a soup like that one in the pix the op shared here for the average Nigerian husband probably doesn't Wang him to succeed in life.
grin grin but na true talk!that is called 'kpata nye onu' in Igbo.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by MozartianDreams(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2017
I so much luoooooaaaave this soup!
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by okwyee(m): 6:24am On Mar 31, 2017
midfinger:
grin grin but na true talk!that is called 'kpata nye onu' in Igbo.
lol.. Naso my brother

1 Like

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by sunnyside16(m): 8:14am On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=Nukualofa post=55104949][/quote]

yea GOD will answer ur prayer ma dear.
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by somtookeke(m): 6:08am On Jan 08, 2020
21 wonderful Health Benefits of Oha Leave within 3 days

https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/21-wonderful-health-benefits-of-oha.html

Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Cousin9999: 8:10am On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by IamAuntyOnion(f): 3:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
ThisTrend:

Oha soup is a standard dish for the South East elements of Nigeria. It`s like the bitter leaf soup, nevertheless the crucial facet of Oha soup menu is the Ora lives. Ora leaves make the soup very special because they're seasonal, unlike the bitter leaf which you can find all the complete year around.

Hot to get Oha Soup ready
It`s almost astounding that one particular component can make very much difference in the soup. Nevertheless, it`s true; the Ora leaves can totally change the tastes of the soup.

Oha Soup Ingredients:
*. One teaspoon of Ogiri Igbo
*. Two Stock Cubes
*. Crayfish, salt and Chilli pepper to taste
*. Stock Fish or Dry Fish
*. Assorted beef
*. Three cooking spoons of Red Palm Oil
*. Eight Small corms cocoyam
*. Ora Leaves

Preparation of Oha Leaves:
*. Oha is a unique vegetable that can`t be substituted in the Oha soup recipe.
*. If you don`t have cocoyam corms, then you can substitute it with cocoyam flour or potato flour.
*. Ogiri Igbo is optional in this recipe. Still, it adds the traditional taste to Oha Soup!

Set up your cooking:
*. Grind Chili pepper and crayfish in the separate bowl.
*. Wash and Boil the Cocoyam until it`s soft. The Corms should be pound into the paste.
*. Cut Ora leaves into tiny pieces with your fingers!

Oha soup cooking directions:
*. Boil the cow tripe (shaki).
*. Stockfish and dry it in the one litre of water.
*. Wash the Beef and add it to the pot with the cow tripe. When the meat is done, you can add two stock cubes and continue cooking for five minutes.
*. Add the Cray Fish, Ogiri Igbo and Chili pepper and cook for ten minutes.
*. Add the cocoyam paste and palm oil.
*. Cover the pot and cook the soup until the cocoyam paste vanishes. You can add more water if the soup is too thick.
*. Add Ora leaves and cook for five minutes.
*. Add salt to taste.
*. The Oha soup is ready!
*. You can serve it with Pounded Yam, Amala, Semolina Fufu, Gari or Cassava Fufu.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/03/recipe-how-to-prepare-nigerian-oha-soup.html
lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, Fynestboi, dominique, MissyB3, Sissy3
thanks
Re: Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Oha Soup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2020
Well done, OP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prices Of Foodstuffs In Nigeria By Foodstuff Store (may 2022) / My Delicious ISIEWU Recipe, What Do You Think? ( Pics& Video). / The World's Most Expensive Wedding Cake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.