Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) (40417 Views)

Apostle Ken Mbachi Kneels Down For Johnson Suleman In Enugu (pics) / Assemblies Of God Church Attacked In Onitsha Anambra, Policeman, Civilian Killed / Photos Of Assemblies Of God Members Dancing After Supreme Court Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Austinoiz(m): 1:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
augustov1:
Dis is obviously a fallen church...Satan has really messed this ministry up

Bro, outline the attributes of a fallen church OR quiting dropping unhealthy comments.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
Worshipers fulfilling the ambition of "men of God". If you are so interested in serving God, get a bell, a bible and walk around preaching the Gospel. Or do it via social media. The 2 are not expensive to run.
The government should build a chapel and a mosque per ward. This way "serving God" becomes less attractive.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by otemdomino: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2017
Jabioro:
Believers handling over their internal issues to unbelievers to resolve. the pastors call on pagans for an advise on how he can arrange his salvation.. All I can see, money power, title and position has come to be in this matter they were less concerned about her primary called. Salvation has deluded some men called man of God. What a shame!
Are police unbelievers?
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by stagger: 2:10pm On Mar 31, 2017
To the uninformed, this is the true state of affairs.

The matter was decided in the Supreme Court and judgment was given last month confirming Chidi Okoroafor as the General Superintendent of Assemblies of God Church, Nigeria. By that judgement, Paul Emeka has ceased to occupy that position and he and his renegade pastors ought to be flushed out. Chidi Okoroafor is simply carrying out the decision of the Supreme Court by taking over the Secretariat of the church and flushing the place of Paul Emeka and his followers.

It should also be known that the Supreme Court judgement is an affirmation of the decision of the Church Council taken as far back as 2014 removing Paul Emeka and replacing him with Chidi Okoroafor.

Let us deal with facts and not rumors or half reports/false news from fake media outlets.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by stagger: 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2017
Originalsly:
Money is the root of all evil.... why would the man give up the position that controls the money?...free money?....how would he now get income?...to live?...let alone maintain his lifestyle of the rich and the famous?....no businessman would give up such a position and no businessman will be appointed CEO General Superintendent and not fight to take his seat....court and Police matter.Take your problems to God?..He is the Great Healer?...problem solver?....not in this case. Hypocrites...imposters.

Money is not the root of all evil.

It is the "love of money" that is the root of all evil. Don't misquote the bible please.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by stagger: 2:16pm On Mar 31, 2017
fergie001:

"The Injury time is a time,where the world has become churchy and the church has become worldly.People of the world instead of coming to the church to settle problems,the church is going to the world.
There is a place we heard that the church took a matter to the court and police came to the church,locked the place and chased everybody out. Ooooooo,injury time,let that day come when men will be afraid at Zion." (Chidi Okoroafor,1995)
He made this statement while he was still an ordinary District Superintendent in Umuahia in 1995,22years later he is the man in that pix with soldiers after the case has dragged from the High Court to the Supreme Court.
The Atheists will say ehen,na dem
May God Help Us.

The church council voted him as the new General Superintendent in 2014 and removed Paul Emeka for abuse of office. Paul Emeka went to the courts. The matter went to the High Court, Appeal court and finally the Supreme Court which gave judgement on the case last month and confirmed Chidi Okoroafor as the GS of AGC Nigeria. He is only implementing his mandate as the new man in charge and the police are empowered to enforce court orders in any country.

So what is the joke here?
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by fergie001: 2:19pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=stagger post=55132539]

The church council voted him as the new General Superintendent in 2014 and removed Paul Emeka for abuse of office. Paul Emeka went to the courts. The matter went to the High Court, Appeal court and finally the Supreme Court which gave judgement on the case last month and confirmed Chidi Okoroafor as the GS of AGC Nigeria. He is only implementing his mandate as the new man in charge and the police are empowered to enforce court orders in any country.

So what is the joke here?[/
Dont be a comedian ,read through what I wrote again.
I correlated his preaching to what is present,and did not cast aspersion or take sides.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by chrisnice11: 2:22pm On Mar 31, 2017
I still believe none of us here has right to judge anyone and before you do or speak evil about any ones action, mirror your life first
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by chrisnice11: 2:25pm On Mar 31, 2017
Mezurum01:
:oLies
mind your words before you use them before the owner of the Church ask you some questions which you may not be able to provide answer for
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by stagger: 2:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
[quote author=fergie001 post=55132647][/quote]

Guy, most of us used to hear that tape and message in parks around the country. So nothing new. Your intention, just like that of Hilary Clinton digging up an old tape of Trump, is meant to smear Chidi Okoroafor.

Did he make himself the GS?

If you knew anything about the hierarchy in Assemblies of God Church, you will know that to rise through the ranks to become a District Superintendent, much less to eventually be voted the General Superintendent, will take nothing less than 35 years of service in that church. Chidi Okoroafor has paid his dues and paid them well. He has every right to claim his mandate, moreso when the highest court in the land has backed him with a judgement.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Tisham20(m): 2:38pm On Mar 31, 2017
the church have turn away from you, and trusting in there doctrine. Lord we are sorry
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by toye440: 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2017
This is how to know those called by tithes and offerings.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by fergie001: 2:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
stagger:

Guy, most of us used to hear that tape and message in parks around the country. So nothing new. Your intention, just like that of Hilary Clinton digging up an old tape of Trump, is meant to smear Chidi Okoroafor.

Did he make himself the GS?

If you knew anything about the hierarchy in Assemblies of God Church, you will know that to rise through the ranks to become a District Superintendent, much less to eventually be voted the General Superintendent, will take nothing less than 35 years of service in that church. Chidi Okoroafor has paid his dues and paid them well. He has every right to claim his mandate, moreso when the highest court in the land has backed him with a judgement.

Smear campaign?will I contest GS?
People like you cultivate the menace the church is faxing today.Dont look outside for destroyers,they are within.
Here is a forum for exchange of ideas not church politicking.

Spent about 35years?Is he the first or will he be the last?
Dont tutor me about Rev.Chidi.
I know am reach house for Arochukwu.
As I said again for d last time,
Correlate what he said 22years ago and now.
Dont see it as an AG member,see it from the outside and the context of how it seems.
If u need his messages,I have it
Are we still brethren?
Injury time
Wanted waned wanted
University of tears
Mr.Dust
Etc
The war of attrition between Paul and himself was unnecessary esp with the alleged unseen hands of the fmr GS.
I dont go into affairs that dont concern me.He has paid his dues so Christians should find a way of settling their issues internally.
He has paid his dues,has Paul not paid his?
The most important thing is for them to take lessons from this incident and not prefer Enugu or Okpoko.
Nuff said

PS:Emeka needs these lessons as well.
End of subject
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by jashar(f): 2:55pm On Mar 31, 2017
adorablepepple:
undecided the part of the bible these people read I don't know, the bible recommends arbitration not litigation when there is dispute. But they won't stop fooling themselves

1 Cor 6.

That's what happens when people do not read their bibles or know God's word for themselves.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
Welcome to the post millenium AG11

What happened to the Holy Spirit, the Church Board.

Why are the church leaders inviting the police to settle a church matter.

See what the love of money and power can do a pastor?

He has forgotten 1Cor 6.1, they re washing their dirty linen in public.

Take away monetary contributions in the church and all this wahala of in church will end.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Jackipapa: 3:20pm On Mar 31, 2017
The Love of MONEY is the ROOT of ALL EVIL!

Eh, money, love , money, na wah oooooooooooooooo!
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Daboywizzy: 3:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
Yet a little while, and Lebanon shall become a fruitful field.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Originalsly: 3:28pm On Mar 31, 2017
stagger:

Money is not the root of all evil.

It is the "love of money" that is the root of all evil. Don't misquote the bible please.
Didn't misquote...just ehmmm.... left out two important words. Noted....modified! Thanks!...eagle eyes!
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Samcent: 3:32pm On Mar 31, 2017
fergie001:

Smear campaign?will I contest GS?
People like you cultivate the menace the church is faxing today.Dont look outside for destroyers,they are within.
Here is a forum for exchange of ideas not church politicking.

Spent about 35years?Is he the first or will he be the last?
Dont tutor me about Rev.Chidi.
I know am reach house for Arochukwu.
As I said again for d last time,
Correlate what he said 22years ago and now.
Dont see it as an AG member,see it from the outside and the context of how it seems.
If u need his messages,I have it
Are we still brethren?
Injury time
Wanted waned wanted
University of tears
Mr.Dust
Etc
The war of attrition between Paul and himself was unnecessary esp with the alleged unseen hands of the fmr GS.
I dont go into affairs that dont concern me.He has paid his dues so Christians should find a way of settling their issues internally.
He has paid his dues,has Paul not paid his?
The most important thing is for them to take lessons from this incident and not prefer Enugu or Okpoko.
Nuff said

PS:Emeka needs these lessons as well.
End of subject
So painful to concur with you but you just stated the fact. I have listened to almost all of his messages you listed above, and when I look back today, I pray that some of the messages we have preached as believers will not be used against us on the day of judgment. I was once a FULL member of AG and news like this makes my heart weep. Notwithstanding, the church of God is built on Christ the Rock and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by fergie001: 3:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
Samcent:
So painful to concur with you but you just stated the fact. I have listened to almost all of his messages you listed above, and when I look back today, I pray that some of the messages we have preached as believers will not be used against us on the day of judgment. I was once a FULL member of AG and news like this makes my heart weep. Notwithstanding, the church of God is built on Christ the Rock and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
God Bless You.I was born in the church and have strong ties with the church,My family still attends but I dont due to location and where I am.
God will surely help us
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by mechanics(m): 3:54pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nawa o I tot the case has been settled, bringing police to church for a fellow Christian is very wrong, infact has christians we are not to take our fellow Christians to a law court.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by WiseFool2(m): 3:58pm On Mar 31, 2017
akoko11:

Fallacy
Straw man fallacy?
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by oruma19: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2017
Because politicians know pastors are fellow thieves, they don't bother about the masses same way the pastors don't care about the people. It's all about the money. No Nigerian , I repeat, no Nigerian is a Christian. We all serve Mammon. Nonsense. Make I face my Hussle jare
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Provie(m): 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2017
Nwodosis:
I'm sorry to say this, No Nigerian is a Christian.

All of you quoting me, what makes one a Christian? Don't call yourself a Christian, let others call you a Christian by the way you live your life! Imagine leadership tussle in the house of God.

I understand you brother. The way my landlord put it is that Rapture has already taken place long ago. Lol.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Pennywise(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
These cant be Nigerian policemen bc they dont chase out. They make arrest, you bail yourself.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by ayetroy(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2017
am ashamed of being called an AG member, whats all this? God have mercy
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Godsnumber1(f): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2017
fergie001:

"The Injury time is a time,where the world has become churchy and the church has become worldly.People of the world instead of coming to the church to settle problems,the church is going to the world.
There is a place we heard that the church took a matter to the court and police came to the church,locked the place and chased everybody out. Ooooooo,injury time,let that day come when men will be afraid at Zion." (Chidi Okoroafor,1995)
He made this statement while he was still an ordinary District Superintendent in Umuahia in 1995,22years later he is the man in that pix with soldiers after the case has dragged from the High Court to the Supreme Court.
The Atheists will say ehen,na dem
May God Help Us.
it is well Ooo.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by magzey: 6:29pm On Mar 31, 2017
Dem dey get money inside church ni?

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
175:
Religion and Politics. . .abeg where that Zuma or Ojukwu pix sef? grin grin
Well, enjoy dude!

Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by Godsnumber1(f): 6:37pm On Mar 31, 2017
Oh Lord! Bring an end to all these. cry I know u will not let the devil win the battle. The church shall march on and the gates of hell. Shall not prevail.
Re: Assemblies Of God: Police Chase Pastor Out Of Church Secretariat In Enugu (Pics) by coronaprof(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2017
May God help us overcome this land-grabbing generation .....ala, AG Tomori district

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Officer In Uniform Preaching At A Market In Anambra (Video) / Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma Blasts Politicians At Alex Ekwueme's Burial (Video) / Upload Your Christmas Selfie Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.