Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire (10548 Views)

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / As A Believer, How Can I Stop Sinning Repeatedly? - Olamide Obire / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:46pm On Mar 31, 2017
"....when I see the blood I will pass over you;" NOT "when I see your works"

"…And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt." Exodus 12:13.

"...when I see the blood..." and not "when I see your law-keeping, fasts, seeds and good works." Wonderful as these things are, they can neither save nor help one escape the judgment that comes with breaking the Law, "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are." Romans 3:20.

Those who keep the Law to get right with God have no idea how much God hates sin, so much that if you stumble at just one point of the Law you are guilty of all! James 2:10. Can you imagine someone offering you a glass of clear, cold water with just a tiny amount of his poop in it? Would you drink it? This does not even compare to the abomination that one commits whenever he expects God to help or bless him because he "kept the Law," fasted or sowed a seed. Here, just one speck of sin is what it takes to undo an entire lifetime of keeping the Ten Commandments and be subject to the curse. And all have sinned.

It takes Christ's blood, no more, no less, to escape judgment and be free from bondage. It takes only His blood to be saved. It didn't matter what the Israelites were doing in their houses on that night of the first Passover in Egypt. Look what Joshua told them after they entered the promised land -
Joshua 24:14 “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord." Some were even serving foreign gods in Egypt! All that mattered was the blood. It is the redeeming power of the blood that makes us turn away from sin and idols, not human effort. Not works of the Law.

The nine plagues only hardened Pharaoh's heart but he could not resist the blood. He sent the Israelites away to serve our God...with goodies! Only by our Saviour's shed blood can we be free indeed to go and serve God and in the way He wants us to.

Whatever it is that holds you captive today - sins and addiction, foreign gods like money (mammon,) lack, sickness, fear, stress, stupid mistakes, even worrying about the content that your kids watch on TV, everything - His shed blood sets free from ALL bondage. He died our death.
Like the nine plagues that hardened Pharaoh's heart, doing works of the Law in order to get right with God only strengthens that which holds us captive, as it is written in 1 Corinthians 15:56- "...the strength of sin is the Law." Our efforts at keeping the Law, an effort in futility, strengthens the grip of sin over our lives.

Believers, we are not under Law but under Grace where sin shall not have dominion over us. Why give yourself over to another yoke of bondage to fear? Why be cut off from Christ because you are trying to get right with God by keeping the Law? " For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace." Galatians 5:4.
This is the only way to get right with God: "For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous." Romans 5:17.

We are made righteous by His blood, set free from the law of sin and death. With His gift of righteousness comes no condemnation (and thus the Accuser's accusations against us do not prosper.) It is Christ's "Neither do I condemn you"
that makes us "Go and sin no more." YOU WILL NOT CONTINUE IN SIN.

Let Him deal with how "all these things" including the grace to live right "shall be added unto you." JUST ASK, and even this, He gives us grace to do.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.

http://rightbelieving101..nl/2017/03/when-i-see-blood-i-will-pass-over-you.html?m=1

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:32am On Apr 01, 2017
nnnn
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:38pm On Apr 01, 2017
evening
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:39am On Apr 02, 2017
morning
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
jiggaz:
evening
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:37am On Apr 16, 2017
happy Easter
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by monaPhilz: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2017
HAPPY EASTER FAMS.
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by blogbloke: 7:26am On Apr 16, 2017
Hmm

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by olafunny(m): 7:27am On Apr 16, 2017
E
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jobsmiths(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2017
Gracias that's powerful

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by mykeljosef: 7:30am On Apr 16, 2017
may the grace of our lord JESUS CHRIST be with you all

on that note I'll like the owner of nairaland to make is COMPULSORY to accept Jesus Christ is your lord and saviour before you can comment on a Christian thread

who agrees with me?

8 Likes

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by hollowpot15684(m): 7:31am On Apr 16, 2017
they said Jesus resurrect today..

Do you know when Jesus resurrect 2000years ago, it was rumored for so many years that his senior disciple were responsible for moving his Body away from the tomb..

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by hopefulLandlord: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2017
I disagree with the part about "Nine Plague hardened Pharaoh's heart" that's a pure lie from the pit of Christianity

the plagues actually made Pharaoh want to let the Israelites go but the Pathetic Yahweh wasn't satisfied because he hadn't killed all Egyptian firstborn sons, so Yahweh kept hardening Pharaoh's heart himself

It makes no sense from a moral standpoint to threaten to kill someone's children if they don't give you something, but every time they have a chance to give you what you want you make it impossible. Hell, it never made sense to me either way why he killed their children. He's supposed to literally be the moral authority for all of humanity. He's supposed to judge us and tell us how we did in life when we die, but he goes around killing innocent children just because their parents bleeped up.

"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go" (and variations upon that theme). God repeatedly forced Pharaoh to refuse, then punished Pharaoh (for the coerced refusal) by sending various plagues, up to and including murdering all the firstborn children of Egypt.

And to add insult to injury, after he had slaughtered the children and permitted Pharaoh to free the Israelites, "the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians." So, at any time, God could have simply moved them to let the Israelites go, without need for inflicting rains of frogs and bloody rivers, killing all their livestock, and murdering their children. But he waited to do that until after he had mostly sated his sadistic tendencies.

(I say "mostly", for a couple of chapters later, he once again abrogated Pharaoh's free will, "hardening his heart" to make him pursue the Israelites.)

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Richard Dawkins , The God Delusion

4 Likes

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by Uyi168: 7:31am On Apr 16, 2017
Me think say na olamide badoo..nice one sha

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by ZombieTERROR: 7:35am On Apr 16, 2017
The zombies need the blood pass

They have replaced it with a broom

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by shaydeenamz(m): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2017
am blessed dis morning by dis wonderful piece,happy Easter fams

3 Likes

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by diablos: 7:36am On Apr 16, 2017
Apc criminals today enjoying d Passover

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by lonelydora: 7:49am On Apr 16, 2017
It is called "Passover" I guess
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by SWYM(m): 7:50am On Apr 16, 2017
Christianity is a collection of prehistoric cults
Africans go back to your roots
The sad part is that our African tradition in Egypt influenced greatly the making of the religion Christianity, Islam, Judaism

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by Maximus85(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2017
jiggaz:

"…And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt." Exodus 12:13.

"...when I see the blood..." and not "when I see your law-keeping, fasts, seeds and good works." Wonderful as these things are, they can neither save nor help one escape the judgment that comes with breaking the Law, "For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are." Romans 3:20.

Those who keep the Law to get right with God have no idea how much God hates sin, so much that if you stumble at just one point of the Law you are guilty of all! James 2:10. Can you imagine someone offering you a glass of clear, cold water with just a tiny amount of his poop in it? Would you drink it? This does not even compare to the abomination that one commits whenever he expects God to help or bless him because he "kept the Law," fasted or sowed a seed. Here, just one speck of sin is what it takes to undo an entire lifetime of keeping the Ten Commandments and be subject to the curse. And all have sinned.

It takes Christ's blood, no more, no less, to escape judgment and be free from bondage. It takes only His blood to be saved. It didn't matter what the Israelites were doing in their houses on that night of the first Passover in Egypt. Look what Joshua told them after they entered the promised land -
Joshua 24:14 “Now, therefore, fear the Lord and serve Him in sincerity and truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord." Some were even serving foreign gods in Egypt! All that mattered was the blood. It is the redeeming power of the blood that makes us turn away from sin and idols, not human effort. Not works of the Law.

The nine plagues only hardened Pharaoh's heart but he could not resist the blood. He sent the Israelites away to serve our God...with goodies! Only by our Saviour's shed blood can we be free indeed to go and serve God and in the way He wants us to.

Whatever it is that holds you captive today - sins and addiction, foreign gods like money (mammon,) lack, sickness, fear, stress, stupid mistakes, even worrying about the content that your kids watch on TV, everything - His shed blood sets free from ALL bondage. He died our death.
Like the nine plagues that hardened Pharaoh's heart, doing works of the Law in order to get right with God only strengthens that which holds us captive, as it is written in 1 Corinthians 15:56- "...the strength of sin is the Law." Our efforts at keeping the Law, an effort in futility, strengthens the grip of sin over our lives.

Believers, we are not under Law but under Grace where sin shall not have dominion over us. Why give yourself over to another yoke of bondage to fear? Why be cut off from Christ because you are trying to get right with God by keeping the Law? " For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace." Galatians 5:4.
This is the only way to get right with God: "For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous." Romans 5:17.

We are made righteous by His blood, set free from the law of sin and death. With His gift of righteousness comes no condemnation (and thus the Accuser's accusations against us do not prosper.) It is Christ's "Neither do I condemn you"

Let Him deal with how "all these things" including the grace to live right "shall be added unto you." JUST ASK, and even this, He gives us grace to do.

http://rightbelieving101..nl/2017/03/when-i-see-blood-i-will-pass-over-you.html?m=1

Wrong wrong wrong.

Wrong understanding but right motive.
The passover is different from the lords evening meal or last supper.

Jesus annulled the passover and inaugurated the last supper in place.

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jidestroud(m): 7:54am On Apr 16, 2017
Thanks Op, just what I needed to read this morning. Remain blessed.
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by Didov(f): 7:57am On Apr 16, 2017
Roman5vs17...nice one op
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by Lagbaja01(m): 7:59am On Apr 16, 2017
Thank you op.
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:03am On Apr 16, 2017
Didov:
Roman5vs17...nice one op
thank u
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2017
Lagbaja01:
Thank you op.
you welcome bro
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:04am On Apr 16, 2017
jidestroud:
Thanks Op, just what I needed to read this morning. Remain blessed.
thank u bro, u welcome
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by wealthyhenry(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2017
jiggaz:

well written sir. By strength shall no man prevail

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by EternalBeing: 8:07am On Apr 16, 2017
Good one. Important Thread; Read other people's real life spiritual experiences and share yours: https://www.nairaland.com/3744378/god-ever-answered-prayer-juju#55608839

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2017
wealthyhenry:

well written sir. By strength shall no man prevail
thank you my bro.
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by haibe(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2017
Nicely written. God bless u
Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:12am On Apr 16, 2017
haibe:
Nicely written. God bless u
and bless you too... thank u.

1 Like

Re: When I See The Blood, I Will Pass Over You - Olamide Obire by arrestdarrester: 8:28am On Apr 16, 2017
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=55608175]I disagree with the part about "Nine Plague hardened Pharaoh's heart" that's a pure lie from the pit of Christianity

the plagues actually made Pharaoh want to let the Israelites go but the Pathetic Yahweh wasn't satisfied because he hadn't killed all Egyptian firstborn sons, so Yahweh kept hardening Pharaoh's heart himself

It makes no sense from a moral standpoint to threaten to kill someone's children if they don't give you something, but every time they have a chance to give you what you want you make it impossible. Hell, it never made sense to me either way why he killed their children. He's supposed to literally be the moral authority for all of humanity. He's supposed to judge us and tell us how we did in life when we die, but he goes around killing innocent children just because their parents bleeped up.

"But the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart, so that he would not let the children of Israel go" (and variations upon that theme). God repeatedly forced Pharaoh to refuse, then punished Pharaoh (for the coerced refusal) by sending various plagues, up to and including murdering all the firstborn children of Egypt.

And to add insult to injury, after he had slaughtered the children and permitted Pharaoh to free the Israelites, "the Lord gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians." So, at any time, God could have simply moved them to let the Israelites go, without need for inflicting rains of frogs and bloody rivers, killing all their livestock, and murdering their children. But he waited to do that until after he had mostly sated his sadistic tendencies.

(I say "mostly", for a couple of chapters later, he once again abrogated Pharaoh's free will, "hardening his heart" to make him pursue the Israelites.)

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Richard Dawkins , The God Delusion
[/quote

If you believe in God then you must believe He created all things whether they are visible or not. He chooses to do with them whatever He wants. Its a very hard fact.

Secondly, God calls Himself the Owner of vengeance. He also calls Israel His firstborn. He warned Pharaoh through Moses that 'if you do not let my firstborn go I will kill your own firstborn'.

The fatal mistake Pharaoh made was that he thought he was dealing (negotiating) with a god like one of the several the Egyptians have. He thought Moses only went to acquire some magical powers which were abundant in Egypt. He challenged his Creator and refused to listen to his wise men and magicians even after they told him that this is not magic but the 'finger' of God.

This same scenario is still happening today when fetish and occultic people are defeated once and they start boasting about having the most dreaded juju priest backing them. The end result is usually the God of vengeance being called out on a one-on-one fight by their actions.

God is real and He doesn't joke with His family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe? / TRUE SCRIPTURAL LOCATIONS Of Jerusalem, Nazareth, Assyria, Sodom Etc. IN AFRICA / "Life Getting Harder For Nigerians Under Buhari" - Cardinal Okogie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.