Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? (23445 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / 10 Things That Happened During 2017 UTME Examination / What Is The Thing That Boys Do Daily And Girls Once In Her Life Time ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by NarnieSnyper(m): 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2017
beamtopola:

May be u re in yr one ,2 ,3 or 4
I graduated this yr . I nd u D started wit ds present 400 student. Tht is 1- 4 excluding yr 5

No, i think it started with the 2014/2015 set; current 300lvl
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by emmanuelpopson(m): 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2017
a day cultist struck as I was about entering the sch gate...just some steps to the entrance.. we heard gun shots and we that are about entering were scampering for safety while students in d sch were all trying to come out...come see how over 100people wanna come out at once from a gate for just 10people..it was so scary and unfortunate that that I had to hide in an indigene house for like 20 mins till the whole drama went down..it was God that spared my life though..
we later got to know that they dropped one guy..blood stains everywhere.. 2009/2010..OOU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
dayo2me:
currently, i dnt av any smartphone to whatsapp, i sold my phone last nov to pay my sch fees. my number is 08069474144, i am a com, sci stdnt final yr

Okay, what school?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Vorigo: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
Bad memory. Came in from home to find my roommate and friend having sex with our other friend's boyfriend.

Trust me I didn't tell but the nerve of being blamed by both friends for being a scambag. 1. Why didn't I tell? 2. Why did I tell?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by amaziingabbey: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2017
unilorin?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by haryomikun(m): 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
megareal:

LOL@ servicing all the lecturers.
I didn't. I just have a good brain. I've consistently maintained best scores since primary. To easily grasp things, I just needed to attain lectures. Watch the lecturer and store away their mannerisms during lecture. Whenever I needed to recall, I will picture that mannerism and their words will sort of re echo. grin

Another method was revising immediately after class. I discovered I never forgot if I revised all I learned during the day @ night. Sometimes, I will break down every aspect of the lecture down in my own words. Even if na equation, I will create illustrations in my mind till it stuck.

I never read during exams, reason my course mates used to advise people not to follow me. Difference was while they waited to cram, I had already learned what I needed to know. My lecturers also knew I never cheated. So even if they saw me in exams hall staring at the ceiling like a zombie, they'll just smile and bypass me.

Hope that helps.

Exactly what I've been telling most dumbasses in my school here. Don't cram; READ!!!!
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by haryomikun(m): 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
emmanuelpopson:
a day cultist struck as I was about entering the sch gate...just some steps to the entrance.. we heard gun shots and we that are about entering were scampering for safety while students in d sch were all trying to come out...come see how over 100people wanna come out at once from a gate for just 10people..it was so scary and unfortunate that that I had to hide in an indigene house for like 20 mins till the whole drama went down..it was God that spared my life though..
we later got to know that they dropped one guy..blood stains everywhere.. 2009/2010..OOU

I be OSU student lol. What campus did it happen? Main campus or mini campus?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Lankaline(m): 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
Lol
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by megareal: 6:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
luminouz:

Nice retentive ability by d way....... grin
How are d kids n husby doing?

They are doing alright. cheesy
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Bwaal(m): 6:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
kelvinrhs:

OMG! Do you care to tell how many hours you spend on reading per day or per week?

I don't read per say
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by iamkingzlee(m): 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
Japhet04:
Going to night class to teach my girlfriend all the principles of calculus, differentiation and statistics, then risking my admission to write an exam for her.

And at last she came out with a first class while I came out with a third class embarassed..and the worst part is that I never even got to see the colour of this girls pant for any day., the girl use me fry Akara, chei

I felt like jumping off third mainland bridge.,

She is now working in one oil company like that, while I own a company of my own...not too big but we shall get there smiley

After NYSC I later met with her and Kpanshed the living day light out of her as compensation angry
Lol This guy!!! grin
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
haryomikun:

I be OSU student lol. What campus did it happen? Main campus or mini campus?

mini campus..when science faculty was still their...but now as i learned, its been moved to PS...
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
iamkingzlee:
Lol This guy!!! grin
cool
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by tosyne2much(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2017
MhizGracie, you never asked some of us who graduated from polytechnics to share our experiences undecided
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by akaahs(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2017
MhizGracie:
When I was still a very fresh student I used to be so generous, I gave out my foodstuffs and money like father Christmas until one fateful day when I lent one girl in my hostel my last #2000, she promised to give me back the money immediately she returned from school in the afternoon, I waited till evening but she didn't show up so I went to her room and asked about her, to my greatest surprise, her "roommate" said she was just a squatter and wasn't even a student yet. She told me to forget about the money because I won't see her again. I cried my eyes out that day and since then I became very stingy because all those uniben students are good at taking advantage of one's kindness. grin When I was still a very fresh student I used to be so generous, I gave out my foodstuffs and money like father Christmas until one fateful day when I lent one girl in my hostel my last #2000, she promised to give me back the money immediately she returned from school in the afternoon, I waited till evening but she didn't show up so I went to her room and asked about her, to my greatest surprise, her "roommate" said she was just a squatter and wasn't even a student yet. She told me to forget about the money because I won't see her again. I cried my eyes out that day and since then I became very stingy because all those uniben students are good at taking advantage of one's kindness.
hmmm, i can understand i hve being in ur shoes countless time but that didn't deterred me from person in need.
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2017
tosyne2much:
MhizGracie, you never asked some of us who graduated from polytechnics to share our experiences undecided
Sorry dear...everyone is free to share their experiences with us. whether university or polytechnic. smiley
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2017
akaahs:

hmmm, i can understand i hve being in ur shoes countless time but that didn't deterred me from person in need.
I didn't stop giving completely, I just stopped lending people money. I can dash if I have enough but I don't lend money, to avoid disappointment and stories.
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Mexyz(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2017
adroitvezy:

sasman! I never knew you had an encounter with the "men of eko"
Bro I had an encounter with them o, abeg who be this o?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by adroitvezy(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
Mexyz:
Bro I had an encounter with them o, abeg who be this o?
na Vic, Ernest friend.
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by akaahs(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
MhizGracie:
I didn't stop giving completely, I just stopped lending people money. I can dash if I have enough but I don't lend money, to avoid disappointment and stories.
liking ur personality
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Mexyz(m): 9:50pm On Apr 01, 2017
adroitvezy:
na Vic, Ernest friend.
Ha! bros I hail you oo, how your side na?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by babeface3: 10:19pm On Apr 01, 2017
Was almost shot by a cult gang. Mistaken identity ; sad
MhizGracie:
What's the most unforgettable experience you had in the University? grin grin Share your memories and experiences!!
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by YemziAdez(m): 11:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
The day I broke the news to my parents via the phone that I got(graduated with) a first class.

PS: I already knew I'll graduate with a first class, but their reaction was Awesome (You can imagine how Yoruba parents will react).

Team UNIBEN

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
dayo2me:
mine is starvation, and i want you people to help me out
I hahahahahaha my ribs o lol cheesy
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
YemziAdez:
The day I broke the news to my parents via the phone that I got(graduated with) a first class.

PS: I already new I'll graduate with a first class, but their reaction was Awesome (You can imagine how Yoruba parents will react).

Team UNIBEN
congrats. Wetin you been study?
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
I hahahahahaha my ribs o lol cheesy
havent u experienced hunger that u will just be staring at your books? nt funny bro
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by haryomikun(m): 12:57am On Apr 02, 2017
emmanuelpopson:

mini campus..when science faculty was still their...but now as i learned, its been moved to PS...
Kai. I winder how those photocopy printout guys for don run comot leave their wares for front of mini campus cheesy

And yes science faculty has been moved since at least 2013. That's was when I gained admission
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by naijablood: 5:01am On Apr 02, 2017
Lankaline:
Girl was having issues with her boyfriend,i was in 300level while she was in 200level,we v been into each other even bfr she started dating,so a day came,she came to me crying,i consoled her,made her laugh,we kissed,then the next thing i heard was"why dont yu just do it"Oh i actually promised God i wont sex if he grants me admission,when i dd,it was awesome and lengthy,a night i wont forget,
I still feel bad that she still thinks its my first time
Well i was going to write exam by 8 a.m,,and had sex by 1.am,and hey I failed the course jejely
are you saying u failed coz of the fact that yu slept with her or becus you didn't prepare .jus asking tho cus I feel before then at least yu shud ave read to some extent
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Sirmuel1(m): 7:21am On Apr 02, 2017
bobogii2008:
In my 300 level,I went out with a friend of mine to another friends place. When we got there, we met some two other guys that were part of the biggest boys in school then. We got talking,then one of them brought out a big stash of weed, and he started to 'mol' a wrap for everyone there. I have never smoked weed in my life, but I didn't want to look like one jew boy because of d kind of guys that were there, so I took a wrap for myself too and started smoking it. About 30 minutes later I started feeling very funny, my heart was racing, I started sweating profusely, it felt like the whole of my brain wanted to pop out of my skul, I thought I was going to die, thoughts of my parents finding out their son died from taking marijuana made me panic the more.then I started praying silently right there, I was like God if you make me scale through this ill never take marijuana again in my life...lol.....how I managed to get bk home that day I can't remember. I didn't feel normal for days. I later found out the marijuana had been laced with some other stuff. Ever since then I no gree go near igbo again o.

congratulations!!! you are now a Mancheesy
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Bullhari: 6:36pm On Apr 02, 2017
Ezechinwa:
I started with a decent GPA of 3.62 after year one 1st semester, but after 200l my CGPA was 3.0/5 which was a second class lower, I made a vow to myself and promised never to make anything less than 4.0/5... I didn't only meet my goals, I surpassed it (making first class GPA) and made my well-deserved grade.

lesson: always learn to fight back when you fall down, don't just depend on your pastors or leave everything for God to solve.

very big lie

once your GB has dropped to 3.0 in any year, be it year one or whatsoever, first class is no longer possible, no matter your grades. not to talk of when your 1st was 3.0 after second year

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Bullhari: 6:49pm On Apr 02, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
still in school.
my most memorable day was when I saw my first semester result,since then I am beginning to chase first class and secondly the day I met someone special

first class and someone special don't always tally. girl face your books and be the special one for others to meet
Re: What's The Most Memorable Thing That Happened To You In The University? by Heeyhun(f): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bullhari:

very big lie

once your GB has dropped to 3.0 in any year, be it year one or whatsoever, first class is no longer possible, no matter your grades. not to talk of when your 1st was 3.6

I'm sure he meant first class gpa not cgpa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bauchi Bridge Collapse: ATBU Sends Students Home / Oluwafemi Adedairo Has Won The World Mathematics Team Challenge For Nigeria. / Minister Orders Refund Of Post-utme Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.