Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense (29764 Views)

Seyi Law: "Kemi Olunloyo's Arrest Made Me Happy" / Georgina Onuoha Reacts To Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest & Detention In Port Harcourt / Cossy Orjiakor Reacts To Kemi Olunloyo Arrest: "A Priest Once Squeezed My Boobs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense by slurryeye: 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2017
mpowa:

Let's put things in perspective

In my own opinion, I don't think she should still be in detention, not because the Law wasn't followed, but because it's a pastor involved, he should try and temper justice with mercy. But I think she deserves to be punished... She desperately need someone to stop her. You guys should stop all these freedom of expression nonsense, people can't just open their mouth and destroy others because they want to either be famous or make money from other people's misfortunes. Freedoms of speech should be that you're spreading True_speech, if it's false speech, there should be a kind of punishment if this society will remain sane. People are crazy here, someone will just wake up in the morning, eat hot eba and that conjuring trash on people...it need to be stopped, because many people don't take advantage of the law against it doesn't mean it should continue... Even in saner clime that we're copying the freedom of speech from takes defamation serious. Some people say a speech is an armless expression. Do you know what they call a good-name? The Holy book says it's more precious than gold and silver. Someone will just destroy that, that you've built over the years in a single day.

It's simple, if you're coming out with any information, be ready to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt, if not, be ready to go take watery beans for a while.

Bro I understand where you are coming from, and I'm very aware Kemi is a very annoying woman. But my problem with this case is that it will create antecedent for the few powerful figures to oppress and keep the mouth of oppressed shut. This is what I mean, If there is a politician, celebrity or pastor suspected to have committed an offence, and someone goes on social media to disclose it, such will just be arrested without finding if what he or she said is true.
Re: EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense by coolshegs10(m): 7:08pm On Apr 02, 2017
SmartMugu:

Did you type this in a different type of English?

That's SwiftKey app's fault. The auto-correct did that. embarassed

1 Like

Re: EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense by SmartMugu: 3:08am On Apr 03, 2017
coolshegs10:

That's SwiftKey app's fault. The auto-correct did that. embarassed
I understand. Cheers bro.
Re: EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense by Skubidude(m): 6:06am On Apr 03, 2017
ise82:

Pls jump into lagoon. You are like the pastor. Simple truth is bitter.
The man shud go check himself. That's not according to the scriptures. Leave the battle to the lord. He is guilty of Everytin that's why he's looking for a way to garner support from the ppl.
Sensible ppl will support the woman. She's just talking leaving her. We won't tolerate fake pastors to deceive ppl in this land.

We? Who are the We Rubbish.
Re: EXPLAINER: Why Kemi Olunloyo’s Arrest Makes Perfect Sense by coolshegs10(m): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2017
SmartMugu:

I understand. Cheers bro.

wink smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cossy Orjiakor Releases Her Bank Account Number / 40 And 6: Bovi And Daughter Celebrate Their Birthdays / Aremu Afolayan: Buhari, Ambode And All Airline Officials Are Bastards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.