Stats: 3,155,277 members, 7,826,078 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62290 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:53am On Dec 26, 2009
becomrich;:

Me, you must be joking. This is the danger, I am talking about. During sept 11, Northerners were very happy for the bombing of the USA.  They even had posters of Osama all around. You see the danger, the need to remove them from nigeria. Nigeria is a high risk area favourable for  terrorist. The risk is high and the break up of nigeria now is very very important.
WDH are you talking about?

dayokanu:

Where is our Septugenarian Alhaji to come and explain this

Very soon someone would say US planned this to discredit Islam.

Once again where are the followers of the religion of PISS

What has the US done to this guy that he wants to blow up people on xmas.

I am seriously praying that this guy is NOT Nigerian

What a shame, Now when anyone with a Nigerian passport boards a plane, other passengers would get off the flight in fear

Abi o
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by ijeoma2619: 3:53am On Dec 26, 2009
@david dont single her out like that now haba
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 26, 2009
Why is it a surprise that moderate islamists are not here in droves condemning this clearly "unislamic" act? Truth be told, moderate muslims fall in three categories

a. Uncommitted muslims

b. Committed muslims who live in nations with strict anti-terrorism laws

c. Committed muslims who are too cowardly to give their lives to the cause of allah.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 3:56am On Dec 26, 2009
ezeagu:

The USA already know which group in Nigeria is behind all this, Boko Haram has reached USA.

which boko haram u dey talk? the same one Nigerian army scatter?

FL Gators:

na lie jor!!
Make you call your bro now, hope CNN doesnt pick up tongue tongue tongue

All my brothers go dey sleep now or either dey do pakiripa with their wives, so no cause for alarm grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 3:56am On Dec 26, 2009
This gotta be a joke.
A Nigerian with an explosive? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 3:56am On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Where is our Septugenarian Alhaji to come and explain this

Very soon someone would say US planned this to discredit Islam.

Once again where are the followers of the religion of PISS

What has the US done to this guy that he wants to blow up people on xmas.

I am seriously praying that this guy is NOT Nigerian

What a shame, Now when anyone with a Nigerian passport boards a plane, other passengers would get off the flight in fear

i will start working on my jamaican accent sef  tongue tongue

becomrich;:

Me, you must be joking. This is the danger, I am talking about. During sept 11, Northerners were very happy for the bombing of the USA.  They even had posters of Osama all around. You see the danger, the need to remove them from nigeria. Nigeria is a high risk area favourable for  terrorist. The risk is high and the break up of nigeria now is very very important.

i use to believe in one nigeria, i now believe the south separating from the north to stop this yeye embarrassment  angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 4Play(m): 3:58am On Dec 26, 2009
I still think this man was performing some ritual and his white co-passengers assumed he wanted to blow up the plane.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:58am On Dec 26, 2009
i will start working on my jamaican accent sef

yes man, no tym to weist on dis blad clart pipple man  grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 26, 2009
Perhaps he was only setting off bangers to welcome the christmas holidays naija style.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sammy107d(m): 3:59am On Dec 26, 2009
Why are swear words hovering in my head?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 3:59am On Dec 26, 2009
na2day?:

i will start working on my jamaican accent sef  tongue tongue
But how you go fit hide your notorious pot belly and red eye?  grin

SEFAGO:

rotflmao grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by kariyo: 3:59am On Dec 26, 2009
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SEFAGO(m): 3:59am On Dec 26, 2009
i use to believe in one nigeria, i now believe the south separating from the north to stop this yeye embarrassment

Have u considered the embarassment caused by other southerners such as 419 and drugs, we are all at fault mate. I do agree terrorism is another scale on its own and something that is a horrible thing to be associated with.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

I still think this man was performing some ritual and his white co-passengers assumed he wanted to blow up the plane.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2009
kariyo:

@ Fl Gators

My last post was in response to Ohsisi and davidylan  saying no security checks at Schipol if you're in transit (pg 6). That made me wonder if they've stopped screening transit passengers before they board.

Will be interesting to see how he got on the flight from Amsterdam with his weaponry. Sadly, getting weapons aboard the Lagos flight must have been  a walk in the park.

That's also what I want answered.

How did he get inside the plane with a lighter. . . . and the explosive?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2009
ayinba1:

@kariyo

Thanks for that piece of info. I have never travelled - in transit- [b]I always took US to Nigeria flights. [/b]

Straight flights to Nigeria just started the other day
Or the last plane you flew was Nigerian airways ?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 4:01am On Dec 26, 2009
Christ. . . . . .CNN is on it now.
I don't pity passengers carrying Nigerian passports in the next 3 months.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by chiogo(f): 4:02am On Dec 26, 2009
SEFAGO:

Lmao!!! Yah mahn we nuh waste time fuh dem a bomboclat!! tongue grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by dayokanu(m): 4:03am On Dec 26, 2009
My nationality is now NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:03am On Dec 26, 2009
4 Play:

Or maybe he was trying to make akamu to drink grin
you no go kill person with laff
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 4:03am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

That's also what I want answered.

How did he get inside the plane with a lighter. . . . and the explosive?

I asked that same question and someone said i was a lost case and that there are no security checks when a plane is to have a stop enroute a destination.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sammy107d(m): 4:04am On Dec 26, 2009
Crap this is now a headline on BBC. Dem folks emphasizing Nigeria, and Obama ordering tighter measures.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Gekko(m): 4:04am On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

LMAO, know you gotta figure out how to print that on your pali.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:04am On Dec 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Christ. . . . . .CNN is on it now.
I don't pity passengers carrying Nigerian passports in the next 3 months.

Thank God you are here
some  mean people fingered you as a suspect
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 26, 2009
honeric01:

I asked that same question and someone said i was a lost case and that there are no security checks when a plane is to have a stop enroute a destination.

Oh yea, that is true. They dont get checked on the stop enroute.

But even if someone was to give the items to him, were they not also checked?

I mean, I know that they dnt sell those items in the airport.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by na2day2(m): 4:05am On Dec 26, 2009
Sammy107_d:

Why are swear words hovering in my head?

dunnit! ! ! i thot they were only in my head  angry angry angry

SEFAGO:

i heard that

FL Gators:

But how you go fit hide your notorious pot belly and red eye?  grin

stop confusing me and ur boyfriend, abi u don shack again?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by 0hsisi: 4:06am On Dec 26, 2009
honeric01:

You are a lost case because your questions are silly
does any of that erase his nationality?

How did Richard Reed smuggle in a lighter and a shoe with a bomb into an aircraft?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Sauron1: 4:06am On Dec 26, 2009
dayokanu:

I don't believe this dude is Nigerian. . . . .
Any slowpoke can get a Nigerian passport. It is less than $100 in Lagos.
Some twisted extremists might have bought a Naija passport. . . .they gave it to a retard and they gave him instructions.

Nigerians don't commit this kinda crime.
Not a credit card scam? Not a cheque scam? Not a Bank transfer schitzo? An Explosive?
It should be disregarded.

0hsisi:

Thank God you are here
some  mean people fingered you as a suspect

U dey craze. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by becomrich16: 4:07am On Dec 26, 2009
When the other plane in the USA went down I believe it was not just engineering problem. I know something was wrong.  I cant prove it, I believe something was wrong.

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:oqVsVtObe-1nhM:http://quakeragitator.files./2009/02/alison300.jpg[/img]

Nigerian man with 'links to al-Qaeda' arrested over US airliner bomb plot
President demands increased travel security after Christmas Day incident
(J.P. Karas/AP)
The suspect, Abdul Mudallad, was on Northwest Flight 253, owned by Delta

James Bone in New York
2 Comments
Recommend? (15)
A Nigerian reported to be studying in Britain allegedly tried to blow up a transatlantic airliner on Christmas Day in what the White House called an attempted act of terrorism.

The suspect, claiming links to al-Qaeda, was taken into custody with burns after allegedly trying to detonate explosives on Northwest Flight 253 from Amsterdam to Detroit.

He was identified by ABC News as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, an engineering student at University College London.

He was reportedly on a US intelligence “watch-list” but not on the US Government’s no-fly list.

Related Links
Police challenged over ‘British 9/11’ plot
Man jailed over transatlantic bomb plot
A federal “situational awareness” bulletin said: “The subject is claiming to have extremist affiliation and that the device was acquired in Yemen along with instructions as to when it should be used.”

President Obama was notifed of the apparent attack while on holiday in Hawaii and received updates throughout the day. He ordered airline security to be tightened, particularly for in-bound flights to the United States.

The suspect began his journey in Nigeria on board KLM Flight 588 and made a connection in Amsterdam on to Northwest 253. According to ABC News his visa stated that he was travelling to the US for a religious ceremony. Initial reports were that he had lit firecrackers on board the Airbus 330, which was carrying 278 passengers.

However, a senior US counter-terrorism official said later that the man had actually been planning to blow up the aircraft but the explosive device had failed.

The aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing shortly before noon when a smoke detector alarm went off. Delta Airlines, which owns Northwest, said that a passenger caused a commotion as the flight was getting ready to land in Detroit. The man was subdued immediately, it said.

According to ABC News, the suspect told authorities that he had explosive powder taped to his leg and used a syringe of chemicals to detonate the powder.

Syed Jafry, of Holland, Michigan, told the Detroit News that he was sitting in the 16th row when he heard “a pop and saw some smoke and fire”. Mr Jafry said that people ran out of their seats to tackle the suspect.

Dawn Griffith, from Pontiac, Michigan, who was waiting to meet a passenger, told the newspaper that she saw a “young looking” man being taken from the airport handcuffed to a stretcher with his hands bandaged.

The Nigerian suspect suffered second-degree burns and was being treated at the University of Michigan Medical Centre, where authorities were questioning him. On landing, the Northwest flight was directed to an isolated part of the Detroit airport as police and firemen responded.

Passengers were interviewed by investigators as police wearing anti-bomb gear boarded the aircraft.

The White House last night described the incident as terrorism-related. “We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism,” a White House official said.

The apparent attack was reminiscent of the failed effort by Richard Reid, the British “shoe-bomber”, to blow up an American Airlines flight from Paris to Miami just before Christmas 2001 with explosives hidden in his shoe.

Passengers on that flight complained of smelling smoke. Reid was found to be trying to light a match, and was subdued by passengers so that the aircraft could land safely in Boston.

Reid pleaded guilty to terrorism charges and is now servicing a life sentence at the Super-Max jail in Colorado.

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by honeric01(m): 4:07am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Oh yea, that is true. They dont get checked on the stop enroute.

But even if someone was to give the items to him, were they not also checked?

I mean, I know that they dnt sell those items in the airport.

8 HOURS STOP?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 26, 2009
kariyo:

@ Fl Gators

My last post was in response to Ohsisi and davidylan  saying no security checks at Schipol if you're in transit (pg 6). That made me wonder if they've stopped screening transit passengers before they board.

Will be interesting to see how he got on the flight from Amsterdam with his weaponry. Sadly, getting weapons aboard the Lagos flight must have been  a walk in the park.

They do screen passengers but its only to verify passports and visas.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 26, 2009
I wonder what our dear country is turning to. Being a haven for terrorist? Dose this not boggle ur mind? I feel like crying. My heart bleeds. Even my one eyed snake burns and cries!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (57) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho: Fulani Man Shot At Me, Another Brought Out An Axe / Man Seen Praying With A Weapon At A Prayer Ground (Photo, Video) / Yusuf Buhari Still In Coma After Surgery To Remove Blood From His Brain

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53