Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,711 members, 7,862,254 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:21 PM

Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US - Politics (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US (62468 Views)

Suicide Bomber Refuses To Detonate Her Explosive Out Of Mercy (PHOTOS) / Boko Haram Suicide Bomber Killed After Vest Failed To Detonate (Photo) / Bombs Fail To Detonate As Suicide Bomber Rams Into Military Check Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 26, 2009
the man is more likely a british citizen if anything.

an american citizen would be studying in america, geddit?
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by otokx(m): 9:47am On Dec 26, 2009
That guy is not a Nigerian; he is an American.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by No2Atheism(m): 9:48am On Dec 26, 2009
Converting to islam in prison was also a sound security step that prisoners in US prisons sometimes take . . . . so please don't give me that hoodoo hoccus pocuss . . .  grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Lagosboy: 9:48am On Dec 26, 2009
No2Atheism:

- Yes you are correct and I have also raised the possibility of that cus I know that Americans might also have an ulterior motive for mentioning that he is a Nigerian . . . grin grin grin

- Yes we can sometimes agree . . . grin grin grin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming the picture being shown is the actual picture of the guy and assuming that they is still how the guy looks on the plan . . . then yes

I am also confused as the guy looks so innocent and amateurish , i just think it could be a play gone too far. This guy isnt an AQ operator, i think the security agencies are just trying to overplay this thing. Fire cracker wont bring a plane down easily and just one operator experience have shown will always be overpowered. (9/11 had about 5 members in the plane) I just dont get the logic.

- Infact the picture being shown does not even look like that of a stereotypical terrorist . . . unless  grin grin grin terrorist have started to look like Ajebota pikin . . .

- Men this is going to be even worse for Nigerians because a lot of Nigerians also look like that hence it means even normally looking nigerians would now be suspected of being terrorists

- Otherwise, if he looks like the stereotypical terrorist, then there is still hope for Nigerians who look normal . . .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men just like i said earlier on this thread . . . this incident pissess me off cus it means I now need to shave my beard which I have been trying to grow . . .otherwise I am going to start having issues with the stereotypical image of a terrorist. . .

The guy looks so amateurish and innocent. I dont think he his an AQ member. AQ in 9/11 had 5 members in the plane , so how will the put a silly Nigerian of wealthy background into a plane with a firecracker or banger and expect it it to bring a plane down. The secirty agencies could be overplaying this incident for all i care.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2009
I don tire for this CNN news report sef.

They just keep repeating "Nigerian national" like dummies.

very dull reporting and what's Obama doing in hawaii
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2009
This freaking i.diot just messed up my lovely Xmas. I hope he got beat well by the other passengers.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 26, 2009
Sweet T:

This freaking i.diot just messed up my lovely Xmas. I hope he got beat well by the other passengers.
'
Better yet, take him back to Lagos unprotected.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by No2Atheism(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2009
AjanleKoko:

Too bad. I daresay the guy detonated it by mistake.
Just caught the news on TV now, and it seems the plane was filled with Arab guys. Talk about hitting the wrong target!

Which is starting to make me suspect the following:

- If he is infact guilty, he might not be acting alone even on that plane.

- He might actually be innocent and instead framed with evidence on the plane . . .cus reality i do not think its so difficult to plant something on his seat on the plane . . .cus the fact is that he is going to be suspect cus the thing was found on with respect to him.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

'
Better yet, take him back to Lagos unprotected.

I want to take you to Dallas protected, if you know what i mean!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Cyberfreak(f): 9:58am On Dec 26, 2009
What the hell? I cannot believe so many people still believe that terrorist muslims are behind 9/11.
AQ in 9/11 had 5 members in the plane,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2009
Sweet T:

I want to take you to Dallas protected, if you know what i mean!
Not even funny. stick to the topic. se oti gbo
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by No2Atheism(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2009
Lagosboy:

The guy looks so amateurish and innocent. I dont think he his an AQ member. AQ in 9/11 had 5 members in the plane , so how will the put a silly Nigerian of wealthy background into a plane with a firecracker or banger and expect it it to bring a plane down. The secirty agencies could be overplaying this incident for all i care.

- I have to agree with lagosboy . . .

- Although Lagosboy you have to admit that there is an assumption that the picture is the recent picture of the guy . . .and you also have to admit that there is an assumption that the picture is even how the guy looks now . . .

- Although there is an assumption that[b] there were even any so called AlQeida members on the 9/11 planes[/b] . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2009
FL Gators:

Not even funny. stick to the topic. se oti gbo

yeah, let me break you off a lil' something,
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by No2Atheism(m): 10:02am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

That is what is called the act of brainwashing  . . . ie. repeat something so many times to people sooner or later it becomes part of their subconscious brain that they cannot separate truth from propaganda. . .hence that they are repeating it means it seems the US has something in store for Nigeria . . .otherwise there would be no need to insist on calling him a Nigerian despite that the reports says he is also an American . . .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2009
tpia.:

LOL Me too. I cringe when I hear Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by skfa1: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2009
Breaking News

Actor Arrested On Xmas Day After 'Assault'
US plane suspect 'a London student'

15 mins ago
Press Assoc.

Buzz Up!
* Print Story

An al Qaida-linked suspect who allegedly tried to blow up a transatlantic plane is studying at a UK university, it has been reported. Skip related content

The Nigerian is accused of trying to detonate a powdery substance on a plane from Amsterdam as it prepared to land at Detroit with 278 people on board.

US sources said he was subdued by passengers and has since claimed to have been acting for al Qaida.

He has been named by ABC News as Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab, 23, an engineering student at University College London, with the broadcaster citing US government documents.

The suspect, who has also been identified as Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab in other reports, is currently under guard at a Michigan hospital.

He was flying from Nigeria to the United States for a religious ceremony according to his entry visa, ABC News said, which was issued on June 16 last year and valid until June 12, 2010.

Witnesses on Flight 253 said they heard a sound like a firecracker going off and one passenger jumped over others and tried to subdue one of the passengers. Shortly afterwards, the suspect was apparently taken to a front row seat with his trousers cut off and his legs burned.

A White House official said: "We believe this was an attempted act of terrorism."

Terrorism expert Dr Sally Leivesley told BBC News: "This looks as though it is a first attempt of a new way to use the body to conceal explosives.

"In the past it was a can of liquid explosive. Now they may be concealing the explosives on the human body, but on the inside upper leg, and we only know this by seeing a very badly burnt leg on the suspected perpetrator."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20091226/tuk-us-plane-suspect-a-london-student-6323e80.html
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2009
I was thinking of taking a trip to Naija but now i'll just chill and spend my grilla right heuurrr.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by kkkossy(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2009
The nigerian bomber has been identified as the son of a retired first bank chairman in nigeria. Wat a waste!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Akeemos: 10:07am On Dec 26, 2009
alright, everyone, let's be more intellectual in our submission and quit all this religion bashing. I am still waiting for a visionary who see beyond all of this charade!
As a muslim, I was never taught to 'kill' others and considering the young man is clearly educated makes me scared and puts one in a tight corner but it is clear enough that a true muslim who knows his religion well would condemn this act in all its' entirety as intention remains a basis of judgment in the religion. I don't think the question is about him being a Nigerian or muslim, I am more concerned about the pattern of the whole scheme, being the son of a wealthy Nigerian, even makes a very easy one for the CIA, to deceive Nigerians into believing their countrymen are terrorists, to perpetuate their grand scheme of taking charge of the country, they are about to install their people in position. I need someone that can think and rise above all these religious hop! The Nigerian President is about to resign anyway from intelligence report.
This whole thing is a hoax! They created Al-Qaeda and try remembering, all the whole countries they have invaded, how it all started. AfriCom is the basis for these and they are practically trying to imprint the bad picture of our country to the whole world by using their media and notice the trend of how the media would ensure that the Nigeria, Nigerian and then they would add analysis of how crisis has taken over Nigeria, would rent the airwaves. It is beyond the young chap who I strongly believe was a victim of a stupid research by the American government in their quest to take out their shadow. A monster they created themselves and now scared of the adult monsters.
sweet T? shocked, without sounding insultive, please i think you should get off this thread for a while and tone down your foul language. thanks
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 10:07am On Dec 26, 2009
Waterboard his @ssss!!!!
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by otokx(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2009
There is something fishy about this whole incident.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Cyberfreak(f): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2009
To hell with that. 9/11 was carried out by the U.S  government, not any cave-men arabs. And I strongly believe that this whole 'Nigerian with explosives' story is a huge lie. Those Americans are not on the best terms with Nigeria (and they are such liars). It is sad to see that so many sheeple who believe their tales still exist.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Lagosboy: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2009
No2Atheism:

That is what is called the act of brainwashing  . . . ie. repeat something so many times to people sooner or later it becomes part of their subconscious brain that they cannot separate truth from propaganda. . .hence that they are repeating it means it seems the US has something in store for Nigeria . . .otherwise there would be no need to insist on calling him a Nigerian despite that the reports says he is also an American . . .

This could be another way of getting Africom to nigeria through the backdoor. The US sight has never left Nigeria and this Nigeria Nigeria thingy on the media might be a bad omen in the making. Abeg make US no bring AQ to Nigeria o, because bringing africom is like turning Naija inot anither Iraq. The sweet oil of Niger delta is just too sweet for them to leave alone.

Nigeria currently has no leader and this could all be a grand scheme to medlein nigerias affairs. some said fox news repoerted nigeria has being in engaged in a 10 year civil war btw muslims and christians. Where the heck did they get that from. I honestly smeel a rat here.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 10:12am On Dec 26, 2009
Akeemos:

alright, everyone, let's be more intellectual in our submission and quit all this religion bashing. I am still waiting for a visionary who see beyond all of this charade!
As a muslim, I was never taught to 'kill' others and considering the young man is clearly educated makes me scared and puts one in a tight corner but it is clear enough that a true muslim who knows his religion well would condemn this act in all its' entirety as intention remains a basis of judgment in the religion. I don't think the question is about him is a Nigerian or muslim, I am more concerned about the pattern of the whole scheme, being the son of a wealthy Nigerian even makes a very easy one for the CIA to perpetuate their grand scheme of taking charge of the country, they are about to install their people in position. I need someone that can think and rise above all these religious hop! The Nigerian is about to resign anyway from intelligence report.
sweet T? shocked

AKEEM,

Why are you mentioning my name? have you been drinking? it's cut and dry, your muslim brotha was trying to 300 human being. What more psychanalysis do you need??
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by SweetT1: 10:14am On Dec 26, 2009
Lagosboy:

This could be another way of getting Africom to nigeria through the backdoor. The US sight has never left Nigeria and this Nigeria Nigeria thingy on the media might be a bad omen in the making. Abeg make US no bring AQ to Nigeria o, because bringing africom is like turning Naija inot anither Iraq. The sweet oil of Niger delta is just too sweet for them to leave alone.

Nigeria currently has no leader and this could all be a grand scheme to medlein nigerias affairs. some said fox news repoerted nigeria has being in engaged in a 10 year civil war btw muslims and christians. Where the heck did they get that from. I honestly smeel a rat here.

The US dont need Nigeria for Africom, Ghana or Ivory coast is more strategically better for Africom
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Lagosboy: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2009
Sweet T:

AKEEM,

Why are you mentioning my name? have you been drinking? it's cut and dry, your muslim brotha was trying to 300 human being. What more psychanalysis do you need??

More like what have u been drinking , read all your posts and examine yourself. Intelligent people are discussing the possible fallout from this event (like CIA actions , africom and other things) while myopic individuals like you are singing waterboarding.

The only place your brain could be put to use is the link below go join fast buddie
http://www.goarmy.com/
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by edoyad(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2009
You can see what wilywily has caused. He has so attacked hausa on NL that they're ready to attack the country that brought us internet forums.

As for you Mutallab, you're stu.pid boy. After your father and his friends have conspired to put 80% of hausa people in poverty so can get a foreign degree and end up as a state commissioner on your return, you've gone on to scupper their plans .
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Lagosboy: 10:19am On Dec 26, 2009
Sweet T:

The US dont need Nigeria for Africom, Ghana or Ivory coast is more strategically better for Africom

At last something good i can discuss with you!!

Now Nothing is strategic for US except oil in the gulf of guniea and minerals in central africa. Nigerias location in the gulf of guniea is of gret importance to Africom and protecting the movement and extrction of oil from that place , Nigeria would be excellent.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Cyberfreak(f): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2009
I hope all those people who were quick to become prejudiced against the entire population of muslims after the 9/11 lie now see that the shoe hurts.
For whatever reason, they have come up with this cock and bull tale about Nigeria and terrorism and are trying to turn other nationalities against us. The least we can do is see through their deceit and not swallow everything we are told.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by shesi(m): 10:20am On Dec 26, 2009
hahaha, i wake up at 4 am and guess what i see on the news? "Breaking News: Man identified as nigerian national"

lol, oh nigerians. your wahala is too much. lol.

i better stop coming to this site sef before i am put on a no fly list.
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by stanloski(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2009
The man is a nigerian engineering student from University college london and- wait for this- SON OF DR UMAR ABDUL MUTALLAB RETIRED CHAIRMAN OF FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC. Case closed

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4631:northwest-flight-253-leg-bomber-is-son-of-drumaru-abdul-muttalab-former-first-bank-chairman-from-yaraduas-home-state-katsina&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: Nigerian Man Attempts To Detonate Explosive On Delta Flight In US by Kobojunkie: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2009
Cyberfreak:

I hope all those people who were quick to become prejudiced against the entire population of muslims after the 9/11 lie now see that the shoe hurts.
For whatever reason, they have come up with this cock and bull tale about Nigeria and terrorism and are trying to turn other nationalities against us. The least we can do is see through their deceit and not swallow everything we are told.

Is there no news of Nigeria that is not manufactured for you? How convenient? Problem is most all of it turns out to be true in the end, so why continue to deny all this just so you can claim one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (57) (Reply)

Military Jet Combs Orlu For ESN Operatives After Failed Land Combat / Buhari Expresses Sadness As APC Loses 50 Elective Seats / DSP Sagir Usman Shugaba: A Cute Nigeria Police Officer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.