Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help (66906 Views)

What A 2020 Batch A Corper Posted On His Status / Plus-Sized Female Corper Cries After Completing Her Camp Drilling (Photo) / Abuja School Rejected Corper Posted To It Based On His Faith: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by bayocanny: 7:07pm On Apr 01, 2017
blezzymoore:
R
For Rat
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by bayocanny: 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
EWAagoyin:
J
For Jug
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by joseo: 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
God see u thru
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by NarnieSnyper(m): 7:08pm On Apr 01, 2017
I'd get meself a sweet 9mm and lodge the bullet at the centre of her forehead......but that's me not u.

If i were to guess, i am sure this has to do with either religious or ethnic difference, else no mother can be this wicked.

U should still consider my 9mm offer though. Solved that Military officer's case.

Don't mention
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Raintaker(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
Send S. O. S message to your State coordinator, tell him /her your L.G.I and Z. I can not help you.
During my own days in service, I helped myself sha.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by gen2lpat(m): 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2017
Write to the state cordinator through your LGI. Insist he must endorse. Or storm the NYSC headquarters in the state and lodge your complain.

You cannot please them and displease yourself and your family. 2 months is not small. A lot can happen within an hour.

You need to take the bull by its horn. All the best.

4 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Chiderao1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
Afonjas ..move me 2 second page
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by fof1: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
I AM LOSING MY MIND, KINDLY ADVISE.
I am a doctor and corper, posted to one of the military hospitals in Lagos. I was actually pregnant b4 service and few months in service, I was delivered of a baby.
I was made to observe my maternity leave and I resumed this January but ever since resumption, it has not been easy.
I returned this Jan to meet a newly posted military boss (doctor) who hasn’t made life bearable for my daughter and I
I was initially taking my baby to work, but as a baby, she is susceptible to infections of all kinds. I opted to take her to a day care. I worked 8am to 2pm before this new boss, but now, 8am to 4pm.
And two weekends in a month, I do ‘weekend call’ which makes the matter worse, for such a week, I practically have few hours to spend with my baby and the government is talking of 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. I met with another LGI who said corpers were not meant to do calls.
I don’t need all time off work, all I need is my normal 8am-2pm, Mon to Fri I was doing and I will manage to cope without complaining.
I thought NYSC promised married and nursing mothers a better treatment, if not, I would have waited till this yr, now that I am even 30.
My concern is my baby, she is growing seriously lean by the day, she lacks attention and my boss doesn’t care. She has had persistent rashes and big boils for over a month she resumed day care and its totally driving me crazy.
I went to see my Local govt inspector to complain only for him to chicken out just because a military woman lambasted him on phone, leaving me to my fate.
If something bad happens to my 5-month old daughter, NYSC wld say, "but why were u silent?"
It’s a military setting and really don’t know the process of lodging complaints. My boss seems to be a sadist, maybe not, but she has really never been nice to me.
A scenario; My baby was hot overnight and I felt I needed to watch her a little before dropping her at the day care, and I felt I needed to inform my boss. I called her, no response, sent her a text message of late coming, she didn’t respond only for me to get to work and she said all sorts.
Her own grown child fell ill, she took the day off. If this is what NYSC is all about, it is seriously not worth it! I have 2 months to complete NYSC, but I can’t help seeing my baby in this condition. Even at work, I lose focus.
Can u imagine what a doctor out of her senses can do?? Its tearing me apart!!
Am I taking it too personal or the treatment should be fairer? I am literally losing my mind and nobody is fighting my course.
WHAT DO I DO?

MY DEAR.UR STORY IS VERY CLEAR. IF UR LGI CAN'T HELP,PLS SEE D ZI. THAT BOSS OF A WOMAN IS SADISTIC. MILITARY OR NO MILITARY SHE HAS NO REASON TO BEHAVE THAT HARD. AFTER ALL U ARE ONLY A CORPER NOT ENLISTED CADET.SHE IS ENVIOUS OF UR PRIME AND PROSPECTS.EVIL RESIDES WITH SUCH HEARTS. GOD DELIVER U AND UR BABY FROM HER NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by tpbehappy(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
Report the case to the state Coordinator, however how did you get into NYSC while pregnant? Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
I am a doctor and corper, posted to one of the military hospitals in Lagos. I was actually pregnant b4 service and few months in service, I was delivered of a baby.
I was made to observe my maternity leave and I resumed this January but ever since resumption, it has not been easy.
I returned this Jan to meet a newly posted military boss (doctor) who hasn’t made life bearable for my daughter and I
I was initially taking my baby to work, but as a baby, she is susceptible to infections of all kinds. I opted to take her to a day care. I worked 8am to 2pm before this new boss, but now, 8am to 4pm.
And two weekends in a month, I do ‘weekend call’ which makes the matter worse, for such a week, I practically have few hours to spend with my baby and the government is talking of 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. I met with another LGI who said corpers were not meant to do calls.
I don’t need all time off work, all I need is my normal 8am-2pm, Mon to Fri I was doing and I will manage to cope without complaining.
I thought NYSC promised married and nursing mothers a better treatment, if not, I would have waited till this yr, now that I am even 30.
My concern is my baby, she is growing seriously lean by the day, she lacks attention and my boss doesn’t care. She has had persistent rashes and big boils for over a month she resumed day care and its totally driving me crazy.
I went to see my Local govt inspector to complain only for him to chicken out just because a military woman lambasted him on phone, leaving me to my fate.
If something bad happens to my 5-month old daughter, NYSC wld say, "but why were u silent?"
It’s a military setting and really don’t know the process of lodging complaints. My boss seems to be a sadist, maybe not, but she has really never been nice to me.
A scenario; My baby was hot overnight and I felt I needed to watch her a little before dropping her at the day care, and I felt I needed to inform my boss. I called her, no response, sent her a text message of late coming, she didn’t respond only for me to get to work and she said all sorts.
Her own grown child fell ill, she took the day off. If this is what NYSC is all about, it is seriously not worth it! I have 2 months to complete NYSC, but I can’t help seeing my baby in this condition. Even at work, I lose focus.
Am I taking it too personal or the treatment should be fairer? I am literally losing my mind and nobody is fighting my course.
WHAT DO I DO?

First check if their actions is against NYSC laws. If against write a letter as evidence to your LI. If he fails to take actions you need to summon courage and consult Public Complaints Commission with ur evidence.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
F
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by MakeADifference: 7:12pm On Apr 01, 2017
Its a tough one!

1. Look for some meds to fake illness for yourself
2. Take your daughter to NYSC Zonal Inspector to see what's happening
3. If nothing, write to and deliver a SOS in a pleading tone to NYSC. If nothing comes out, then
4. Look for a lawyer. Period. A simple letter explaining your rights as a Nigerian and your rights as a corper will let them allude their brains.

A life is at stake here.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by rallymento(m): 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2017
don't kill yourself you are a corper!

Although as a Doctor and your work is sensitive because you save lives. My advice is this, days you cant work till 4pm pack your bag and go home. The least they can do is to hold the stipend they pay you.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by buchai: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
we are in regime military or rather military regime bear it if you ask me because I can see you and your finishing line perfectly well but you can't see it if you muster courage and focus you will laugh last.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by lilyheaven: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
I believe they are not going to retain you,
So why using you, while they are the ones eating the money. Don't complain to anybody again. Any day you are not free don't go to work , next day just apologise, do the ones you can , and let them shout and complain, before you know it, your service year will be over. But if you want them to retain you, then keep doing good.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by amprat: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
Since you have just 2 months left,try to get a family support system in place like your mum, aunt, sister,nieces, inlaws etc especially now that school is on vacation while still trying to complain. Your child is very important . Also consider that 8 weeks and you'll be triumphant. Please don't get depressed that's what sadists love
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Micah360(m): 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2017
Bosses can b annoying eh!!! Reminds me of d saying "A boss will tell u go but a leader will tel u let's go

No advice 4 nowembarassed embarassed
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
Nysc or ur baby? Choose one! I thought nysc said they would no longer accept nursing mothers and pregnant ladies. If na me be ur boss i no go even send you. Infact u will work from 8am to 6pm including weekends. You know u want to serve and yet u went and fvck and got pregnant. I hate all these women always using their pregnancy and baby to play victims so that they can always be favoured. That's how they irritated me during my service 2 years back.
Fvck y'all. ..

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by henriettanenye(f): 7:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
Drop your contact let me know your location and what my husband can do about this

3 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by prof006: 7:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
Please my dear, I will advice you go straight to your Zonal inspector if your LGI isn't responding because this is a serious issue before we hear story that touches the kidney.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by linearity: 7:24pm On Apr 01, 2017
I can categorically tell you that, the Doctor Boss of yours don't have anyone bleeping her at home, so she is taking the frustration to work.

Some tell you to write the State Coordinator or the this or that, before the reply comes back you would have passed out.

Simple solution, on Monday don't go to work, take your baby to NYSC secretariat, file a written complaint against her and ask for a seek leave. You ultimately report to NYSC and as such they have the final say...

Writing a complaint now with serve as mitigating circumstances, becos something tells me that lady is going to send a bad review on you to NYSC.

While you are at it, take a picture of the boils on your daughter and document everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Onedibe1: 7:26pm On Apr 01, 2017
call nysc DG,am certain he wl listen to u ......wl give u his no if u need it
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by sainty2k3(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2017
I've always wondered why corner will allow themselves to be used like this,
Write official letter to li, Zi, and state Coordinator, through your lawyer, let NYSC knows there's Issue on ground

You are a doctor, locate a nearby hospital, get frequent sick leave from there to excuse yourself regularly.

Frustrate the woman instead of allowing her to frustrate you.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
cosmatika:
I honestly do not have any contributions to make. I only bought a plot here because I'm also a Dr & wud be going for service with d next batch. So I wanna learn one or two things from u ppl dat have already gone cool
Bros trust me, that one year is not worth it, except you just wanna cool off after house job and read for exams.
A larger number of doctors are better off skipping service.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Report your complains to you Z.I (zonal inspector).
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by mechanics(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
Just endure and wait for the service year to be over or u can see your ZI about the issue
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Ten06(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2017
God is teaching you a lesson that will be useful to you in future, nothing will happen to your baby
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by DeRay98(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?

You are a corper not a soldier who must obey orders. You should petition the his superiors and NYSC.
If anything happens they blame you in addition to your loss,God forbid.
I'm not surprised because she is female. Female bosses are the least sensitive to their female subordinates. I have seen such happen in one of the companies i worked before
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Langbasa: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Thunder fire nysc that's why i learnt how to make shoe right from the first month of gaining admission into the university to avoid this kind of rubbish because even after u might have graduated their is no job so why stress myself going to the nysc?....#Iranu.

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by fammo: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
Pls contact me on olorunfemioni@gmail.com ASAP
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by DeRay98(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2017
linearity:
I can categorically tell you that, the Doctor Boss of yours don't have anyone bleeping her at home, so she is taking the frustration to work.

Some tell you to write the State Coordinator or the this or that, before the reply comes back you would have passed out.

Simple solution, on Monday don't go to work, take your baby to NYSC secretariat, file a written complaint against her and ask for a seek leave. You ultimately report to NYSC and as such they have the final say...

Writing a complaint now with serve as mitigating circumstances, becos something tells me that lady is going to send a bad review on you to NYSC.

While you are at it, take a picture of the boils on your daughter and document everything.

Very smart advice. If you don't move first she 'll move against and you 'll only cry.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 01, 2017
Why do people act as if na by force.
Your baby's health and life is being jeopardised because of one useless scheme that wont matter 1 year from now and you are here musing. Get out of that place and do what you have to. angry
Some people sef

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Male Corper Batters Female Corper In Abia, Removes Her Teeth With Hammer (Pic) / How Relevant Is NYSC NIM? / Male Corper Slumps And Dies In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.