Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help (66926 Views)

What A 2020 Batch A Corper Posted On His Status / Plus-Sized Female Corper Cries After Completing Her Camp Drilling (Photo) / Abuja School Rejected Corper Posted To It Based On His Faith: Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2017
olrotimi:

Bros trust me, that one year is not worth it, except you just wanna cool off after house job and read for exams.
A larger number of doctors are better off skipping service.
God bless. I hope the OP reads this.
My child's health over one failed stupid scheme ... Thank God I know where my priorities lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by grandstar(m): 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2017
BE811APP:
Nigeria sha..

When lots of countries put Nursing/Pregnant mothers first..

Some countries give 1 year maternity leave.. guess 9ja is getting there..

But I assure you.. If you boss is a man.. U will not have dis type of problems..

Women are their own problems..

I once worked in an organization were a woman was our boss.. a lady took her 3 months maternity leave earlier because of the complications that came with the pregnancy, do you know that... the lady's baby was not 2 months old.. when our boss started raining fire for her to return to work.. when the woman didnt come.. she reported her to the Area office then...

Last Bullet: Strive/Hold on/Endure/Stay Strong 2 months will soon come to an end... Meanwhile apply for some days off to take care of ur baby..

GoodLuck!

Long maternity leave can discourage hiring of women. Imagine paying someone who stays at home a full year and her replacement! Thats the negative side
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by vanmusco(m): 7:51pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
I AM LOSING MY MIND, KINDLY ADVISE.
I am a doctor and corper, posted to one of the military hospitals in Lagos. I was actually pregnant b4 service and few months in service, I was delivered of a baby.
I was made to observe my maternity leave and I resumed this January but ever since resumption, it has not been easy.
I returned this Jan to meet a newly posted military boss (doctor) who hasn’t made life bearable for my daughter and I
I was initially taking my baby to work, but as a baby, she is susceptible to infections of all kinds. I opted to take her to a day care. I worked 8am to 2pm before this new boss, but now, 8am to 4pm.
And two weekends in a month, I do ‘weekend call’ which makes the matter worse, for such a week, I practically have few hours to spend with my baby and the government is talking of 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. I met with another LGI who said corpers were not meant to do calls.
I don’t need all time off work, all I need is my normal 8am-2pm, Mon to Fri I was doing and I will manage to cope without complaining.
I thought NYSC promised married and nursing mothers a better treatment, if not, I would have waited till this yr, now that I am even 30.
My concern is my baby, she is growing seriously lean by the day, she lacks attention and my boss doesn’t care. She has had persistent rashes and big boils for over a month she resumed day care and its totally driving me crazy.
I went to see my Local govt inspector to complain only for him to chicken out just because a military woman lambasted him on phone, leaving me to my fate.
If something bad happens to my 5-month old daughter, NYSC wld say, "but why were u silent?"
It’s a military setting and really don’t know the process of lodging complaints. My boss seems to be a sadist, maybe not, but she has really never been nice to me.
A scenario; My baby was hot overnight and I felt I needed to watch her a little before dropping her at the day care, and I felt I needed to inform my boss. I called her, no response, sent her a text message of late coming, she didn’t respond only for me to get to work and she said all sorts.
Her own grown child fell ill, she took the day off. If this is what NYSC is all about, it is seriously not worth it! I have 2 months to complete NYSC, but I can’t help seeing my baby in this condition. Even at work, I lose focus.
Can u imagine what a doctor out of her senses can do?? Its tearing me apart!!
Am I taking it too personal or the treatment should be fairer? I am literally losing my mind and nobody is fighting my course.
WHAT DO I DO?
Go to nysc twitter handle and complain
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by akaahs(m): 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
Thats more reason i hate female bosses with passion, they lack conscience. Just imagine what a mother is doing to her fellow mother.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by LaExpert: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
Just ignore your PPA...since your LGI knows about it.
I really don't know why you're subjecting yourself and your baby to all these.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by jinyemax1: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
My dear, build a relationship with ur LI or ZI. They will be the one begging u to come to work.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by correctyourself(m): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
Let's be sincere on this matter, the OP try to cut corner, because the standard is that if you are pregnant before your NYSC orientation camp date, you are not qualify to go to orientation camp,now you want 8:00 to 2:00pm and you collect the same salary/allowance others who work 8:00 to 4:00pm are collecting, as it is now you may have to invite your mother to come over and help take care of your baby.

5 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by MrMoney007: 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2017
femcent2:
I think u shud talk better with the LGI
I think you should think better with your brain
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by basty: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2017
What happens if you live in Sango Otta and work in Lagos Island? You are just lazy and can't take responsibility for your new role as a Doctor on duty. Your boss has passed through this and more experienced to know whom you are. Imagine you are an accountant and have month=end financials to report?

2 Likes

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by dingbang(m): 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2017
RGem:

You are very observant.
wink
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by agabaI23(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2017
How did you manage to pass out of camp? pregnant women are not allowed in camp

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by ManTiger(m): 8:20pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
I am a doctor and corper, posted to one of the military hospitals in Lagos. I was actually pregnant b4 service and few months in service, I was delivered of a baby.
I was made to observe my maternity leave and I resumed this January but ever since resumption, it has not been easy.
I returned this Jan to meet a newly posted military boss (doctor) who hasn’t made life bearable for my daughter and I
I was initially taking my baby to work, but as a baby, she is susceptible to infections of all kinds. I opted to take her to a day care. I worked 8am to 2pm before this new boss, but now, 8am to 4pm.
And two weekends in a month, I do ‘weekend call’ which makes the matter worse, for such a week, I practically have few hours to spend with my baby and the government is talking of 6 months exclusive breastfeeding. I met with another LGI who said corpers were not meant to do calls.
I don’t need all time off work, all I need is my normal 8am-2pm, Mon to Fri I was doing and I will manage to cope without complaining.
I thought NYSC promised married and nursing mothers a better treatment, if not, I would have waited till this yr, now that I am even 30.
My concern is my baby, she is growing seriously lean by the day, she lacks attention and my boss doesn’t care. She has had persistent rashes and big boils for over a month she resumed day care and its totally driving me crazy.
I went to see my Local govt inspector to complain only for him to chicken out just because a military woman lambasted him on phone, leaving me to my fate.
If something bad happens to my 5-month old daughter, NYSC wld say, "but why were u silent?"
It’s a military setting and really don’t know the process of lodging complaints. My boss seems to be a sadist, maybe not, but she has really never been nice to me.
A scenario; My baby was hot overnight and I felt I needed to watch her a little before dropping her at the day care, and I felt I needed to inform my boss. I called her, no response, sent her a text message of late coming, she didn’t respond only for me to get to work and she said all sorts.
Her own grown child fell ill, she took the day off. If this is what NYSC is all about, it is seriously not worth it! I have 2 months to complete NYSC, but I can’t help seeing my baby in this condition. Even at work, I lose focus.
Am I taking it too personal or the treatment should be fairer? I am literally losing my mind and nobody is fighting my course.
WHAT DO I DO?
NYSC is not a do or die affair now. If you abscond, you only loose your state allowance and maybe federal allowance but your child will have a better life, something you will be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by oshorstan(f): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?

Your lgi is afraid, pls report to the ZI or state coordinator. simple
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by meilleur: 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by yungsamchukwu1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2017
2 months more? sister just kontinu god wee see u through
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Bukfab(f): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Meet wit ur Zi(zonal inspector) nw. Nysc just post Corper anyhow, without caring of people's life
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by nurusystem(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Run o,is not by force ,your lgi may be wicked if not you should have change PPA now
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Saule: 8:32pm On Apr 01, 2017
Go and jumb into the lagoon! Period
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:33pm On Apr 01, 2017

Doc you are a professional. Behave like one.
NYSC is compulsory but your PPA is not etched in stone. You can refuse to report and ask for a redeployment. Heavens will not fall.
That you are asking for help on NL shows your level of confusion.
Act like a professional.

When I did my service, the matron and LG chairman were trying to be funny and I set things right sharp sharp.
If you cannot work at the present center inform your LI. If your LI is not receptive go to the ZI. If that fails see the state coordinator.
You have options, you can make choices. 'No fall our hand' as doctors

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Saule: 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2017
Go and jump inside lagoon! Period
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Austin234(m): 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2017
My sister doctor, I wont ask u to endure because anything can happen within the two short months. How about discussing it with ur boss. Make her to understand ur plight

Then, if that one fails, report her to ur ZI and flout her orders. Just make sure that nothing happens to ur baby

meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by giles14(m): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
sista pls take heart. u have less than 2months.

the day fire arms is legalized in this country I pity the army and police
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by trendymarseey(f): 8:39pm On Apr 01, 2017
Dats d reaason y u nysc doctors are paid more dan others in d military hospitals where u serve...d airforce pay about 60k to serving docs o + una 19,800, check it out even d soldiers wey dey hold rifle under sun for days @ their guard posts don't earn up to dat as dia monthly pay. Nothin good comes easy. Just bear for d next 2months after dat d rest na story.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Mouthgag: 8:43pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
Then you should be happy dear wink
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by meilleur: 8:44pm On Apr 01, 2017
dingbang:
How can d op be a male yet be pregnant. Mchew
yeah. A good observation there. She ia my eldest sis and so disturbed just as we are!
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by meilleur: 8:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
uzoclinton:
.there are logical explanations as to why he posted this...
Thumbs up for not being judgemental. She is my eldest sister and w/o a nairaland account, and using facebook wld be too revealing, i chose to hlp her use this platform.

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by Gfish: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2017
NYSC now full f pregnant women. Op quit and come back when yiu are fit to serve.
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by mikolo80: 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
meilleur:
WHAT DO I DO?
you didn't know you're going for nysc bfor getting pregnant?. what kind of unintelligent doctor is this one. your mates are working 8 to 4 you want special treatment yet idiots like you will follow Chimamamda to be claiming that you're not paid equally with men. nonsense. is it by force to go for NYSC

1 Like

Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by onyii255(m): 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2017
dingbang:
How can d op be a male yet be pregnant. Mchew

Hehehehehe...
Re: Doctor Corper Posted To A Military Hospital Cries Out For Help by malware: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2017
OP you mean you are. a male nursing mother?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / How Relevant Is NYSC NIM? / Male Corper Slumps And Dies In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.