Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,900 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. (1066 Views)

Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government / More Progress On Benin-ore Road / Progress On Port Harcourt City Monorail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by skyone(m): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2009
I've tried to find out on major Nigerian newpapers on the net and even the google but just cant get any information about the promised 5,000 mega-watts by December 31st anyone out there to enlighten me please.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by asha80(m): 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2009
Wait till thy kingdom come tongue
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by MrCrackles(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2009
skyone:

I've tried to find out on major Nigerian newpapers on the net and even the google but just cant get any information about the promised 5,000 mega-watts by December 31st anyone out there to enlighten me please.
Pick up your bible and read. . .You will see the light there, idio.t!
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by skyone(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
MrCrackles:

Pick up your bible and read. . .You will see the light there, idio.t!

Calling your parents A idio't is no surprise to me  grin grin grin.

your lack of wisdom is highly customary to your brain
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by alafin(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2009
Sorry it's been averted and now under vision 2020 so get a bigger generator grin
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by oval1(f): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2009
close your eyes,take a deep breath,now open your eyes, can you see the light.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by Igbanibo: 1:54pm On Dec 27, 2009
Correction! It is 6000 MW, and I doubt we will get anywhere close to it.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by maxell(f): 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2009
Progress undecided

well, today is dec 27th. you can wait till the 31st to know the status
of the progress.  LMAO
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by skyone(m): 1:15pm On Dec 30, 2009
Anyone working for the house of assembly to give me a definite answer plsssss.

Are we going to continue this electricity problem in year 2010 again?
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by BrutusOne: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2009
. . . get your Gen out and with some diesel. This the closest you'd get to 5MW
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by blacksta(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
skyone:

Anyone working for the house of assembly to give me a definite answer plsssss.

Are we going to continue this electricity problem in year 2010 again?

Ol boy i wish i could shed light on this matter but due to president going AWOL the plan to get 6000 mw lost direction as mr presido was the main driver not that Nigerians expected that the plan would be realised.

As someone mentioned earlier you are more likely to find light in the bible than in the present Nepa transformer or poles.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by skyone(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2009
BrutusOne:

. . . get your Gen out and with some diesel. This the closest you'd get to 5MW

so you now eschew poverty na wa o, i expect you to be hoping for th 6000mw not thinking backward.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by BrutusOne: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2009
skyone:

so you now eschew poverty na wa o, i expect you to be hoping for th 6000mw not thinking backward.

quite on the contrary. . . I'm just not as optimistic as you. Too many failed promises of something as basic as power generation.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by lyfe(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2009
I laughed so much on the comments posted here, This shd last till next year.

skyone:

@ Poster
You must really be kidding to actually believe that;
1) 6,000MW would translate to better power supply in Nigeria.
2) The 6,000Mega Watts Project has not been shifted to Vision 2020.
3) Yar' Adua was not missing while He was trying to find a generator in Saudi Arabia market that would bring an end to the poor power generation and eplileptic power supply in the country.
4) That Yar' Adua is not number 1 Nigeria most wanted.

My advice for You is get a better generator with low fuel consumption, I know one which is efficient, cost friendly and has remote control.
hit me back if you consider getting one for year 2010.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by snowdrops(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Can people shed more light [/b]on this not so [b]light-herted matter because i am not raking some peoples responses [b]light[/b]ly.
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by turkish(m): 2:52pm On Dec 30, 2009
U dont know about y'all but we've been having some mad light for like 3 weeks now (Onitsha-SE Nigeria).

Also my ppls in other parts of the country have been reporting improvements cept for the faulty transformer or two.

tho the apparent progress could be attributed to slow down in cinsumption esp. Industrial due to the Holiday break.

The truth however is that when the improvement will come, u'll only notice it when ur house has gone 4 days and u've had @ least 18hrs of power per day.

E go better surely
Re: What's The Progress On The 5,000 Mega-watt By December 31. by alafin(m): 5:29am On Jan 07, 2010
I now see why the country called NIGERIA will forever go backward, instead of us to be sharing more light on the thread, some have accepted that it is purely normal life to live in darkness.

I think here in Nigeria any slap goes on the citizen's face.

(1) (Reply)

Ac Wins Edo Etsako Re-run Held Peacefully On Saturday / Jonathan Sends 25 Ministerial Nominees To Senate / North Ruled For 40 Years.obasanjo Is The Only South That Stay 1 Year(office)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.