Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians (7814 Views)

Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / The Beginning Of The End Of The Bola Tinubu Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by topup: 7:50am On Dec 29, 2009
Of course, it becomes easy for us to use this as an excuse or a target to dump all our worries upon, but I doubt that many countries really respected Nigeria before this. In fact I am pretty sure they have been suspecting this for a long time now, ever since they cancelled the "miss world" contest due to fear for Muslim protestors and their possible attacks. (Nigerians are not the only ones who know about the inter-tribal wars, the bombings, the fighting, Shariah law etc, Yorubaland and Igboland conflict, Delta state crisis etc. This is the 21st century, there are government researchers everywhere, check GoogleEarth, they are now Profiling Lagos and beyond).

I am annoyed to be greeted practically everyday by another Nigerian either posting about their disagreance with the act or that they are no longer Nigerian. Well it's all publicity, some people won't know about it until they come on facebook, and then the fear rises.

Sure it's a HUGE thing, and I am not saying that we should sweep it under the rug, but the best thing for Nigeria to do is to SHAPE UP, and really crack down on their law enforcement, this means everything from accepting bribes, to letting people carry various things in their suitcases in favour of a bribe abroad to ACTUALLY IMPRISONING CRIMINALS!!.

I AM tired of Nigerians being short sighted, this will probably not be the last time a Nigerian will embarass itself, and of course the obvious thing is to say that the man is not a 'true' Nigerian and claim that we are peaceful people etc, but nothing in our country is peaceful, how are we expecting to support that argument with NO examples. How can we say that he is a one-off bomber, when it is so obvious NOW that there are probably thousands more like him, how can we say that we are peaceful when everyday there has been some or another form of tribal assassination or the fighting that we don't batter an eyelid about.

Nigerians need to stop speaking these words and start doing!! Just mastering the 'english language' and using it to our advantage to convey concern, remorse etc is NOT enough. Action is a universal language.

I am not advocating that all muslims from the north should be assassinated because surely we would be even worse off, or anything that is too dramatic. I am simply calling for a plan of action, that should be broadcasted to all Nigerians. It's time to crack down on 419, bad police, armed robbers etc. They should not be an everyday life 'accessory'.

We tend to have this impression of; 'if no body finds out' it's okay, or 'if the injustice isn't against me or my family' it's okay - but it's not. Let us prove that we have developed in our way of thinking from animals who only think about the next quick meal, to the greater good of our country.

I am proudly Nigerian, before AND after this whole debaucle.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2009
The naivety of Nigerians sometimes makes me wonder, what the heck is the OP and those who are supporting him saying?

A critical look at the life of farouk would show that of the 23 years of his life he spent most of it outside Nigeria, he was radicalised outside Nigeria and save for boarding the flight from Nigeria I dare say that there is nothing remotely Nigerian about this guy! Wake up y'all if the US made policies based on all your stereotyping and pansy assed whimping then no one in the world would travel again. Funny enough if you guys had bothered to watch the unfolding events you would understand that they are focused more on Yemen and what Al qaeda  would be doing there, they have rarely mentioned anything about Nigeria being a bad country, so all of you should get off your high horses, Nigeria and Nigerians are not a threat to anyone in the world.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2009
I am not advocating that all muslims from the north should be assassinated because surely we would be even worse off, or anything that is too dramatic. I am simply calling for a plan of action, that should be broadcasted to all Nigerians. It's time to crack down on 419, bad police, armed robbers etc. They should not be an everyday life 'accessory'.
What does bad police, 419, armed robbers et al have to do with the botched bombing? This is you being short sighted, was this boy raised in Nigeria? did he get radicalized in Nigeria? Did he get the PETN from Nigeria? Did he get any tactical support in Nigeria?
Why are people so damn short sighted angry angry angry angry

I am proudly Nigerian, before AND after this whole debaucle.
Well so am I, I repeat this is not at all about NIGERIA!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by HIO4: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2009
Don't pounce on the young lady.

None of that changes the fact that he is a Nigerian National, as reported.

And yes, we should definitely prepare to be profiled a great deal.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:24am On Dec 29, 2009
HIO4:

Don't pounce on the young lady.

None of that changes the fact that he is a Nigerian National, as reported.

And yes, we should definitely prepare to be profiled a great deal.
He is a Nigerian National SO WHAT!!!!
The July 7 bombers were UK nationals No?
The Us army doctor involved in shooting a few months ago was a national of where?
Richard ried was a national of which country?

Get of your high horse dude, aside from his skin color and parents there is nothing remotely Nigerian about him, more like a Nigerian-born Yemeni zombie angry
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by topup: 8:30am On Dec 29, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

What does bad police, 419, armed robbers et al have to do with the botched bombing? This is you being short sighted, was this boy raised in Nigeria? did he get radicalized in Nigeria? Did he get the PETN from Nigeria? Did he get any tactical support in Nigeria?
Why are people so damn short sighted  angry angry angry angry

When I mentioned the examples of areas where Nigeria could improve, I was focused more on its reputation which is what is being discussed in this topic, not so much "who is to blame" in this particular scenario.

Unless we are perfect, we have perfect laws, a perfect society and every Nigerian is a reflection of this, we will always have things to improve upon. I am taking this whole 'event' as a reason to point out that I believe we are focusing on the wrong thing. How can we blame the log for spreading the fire when the building was already alight to begin with.

As a parent raises a child, when a small child is saying; "silly woman" to its mother, don't be surprised if when the child is older and has acquired greater knowledge and a larger word-pallete, that now when he/she is furious with her he/she calls her a "B****".

If we really zoom down to scale, surely a better security network and justice system would if not prevent would highly reduce the chances of crimes being committed and so despite these anomalies, 'non-national bombers' you say would be OBVIOUS anomalies, the greeks are seen as peaceful people, if a bomber came from there they would still be able to salvage their reputation because they have maintained the quality of their national services throughout.

I am aware now that the 'bomber' in question spent a lot of time abroad, but he was born in Nigeria and spent his formative years there, as someone mentioned earlier, this balance of 'good versus' bad was not installed into him at a young age and I did not read that 'a British attempted to bomb', I read that a Nigerian did.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Rhea(f): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2009
I guess this associate suicide bomber (on probation) just wanted to draw attention to himself and Nigeria.

He is obviously not a product of Nigeria. 419ers, internet scammers, kidnappers, armed robbers, miracle workers, pilferers, artful dodgers, the list continues. Suicide bombers aint one of them. Why, you may ask. Because THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THE BOMBER. Nigerians are not known to engage in any business, task or assignment where THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THEM.

Having said that, as an aftermath of this attempt, maybe Nigerians will start to behave themselves when they board international flights.

The era of huddling together along the aisle talking trash in the name of gisting and disturbing the peace of other passengers, the era of jumping up and down prior to landing, the era of colonising the lavatory just because you chop beans or overchop eba, the era of simply being rude and exhibiting an I-no-send attitude aboard flights is over.

For the next passenger willing to try it out, they still haven't closed Guantanamo, not yet.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by HIO4: 8:32am On Dec 29, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

He is a Nigerian National SO WHAT!!!!
The July 7 bombers were UK nationals No?
The Us army doctor involved in shooting a few months ago was a national of where?
Richard ried was a national of which country?

Get of your high horse dude, aside from his skin color and parents there is nothing remotely Nigerian about him, more like a Nigerian-born Yemeni zombie angry

What high horse "dude"?  You are being overdramatic and emotional.

so what? The what is, it's a fact that plays into the stereotype the media will perpetuate.
the what is the negative impact it would have on Nigerians, at least in the short run.

unless there's some part of my previous post and this post that I misconstrued, I stand corrected.

You better gulp some ice water and calm down before you rupture a nerve, and recognize that a screwjob has contributed immensely to to giving fellow Nigerians a bad name.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by topup: 8:36am On Dec 29, 2009
Rhea:

I guess this associate suicide bomber (on probation) just wanted to draw attention to himself and Nigeria.

He is obviously not a product of Nigeria. 419ers, internet scammers, kidnappers, armed robbers, miracle workers, pilferers, artful dodgers, the list continues. Suicide bombers aint one of them. Why, you may ask. Because THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THE BOMBER. Nigerians are not known to engage in any business, task or assignment where THERE IS NOTHING IN IT FOR THEM.

Having said that, as an aftermath of this attempt, maybe Nigerians will start to behave themselves when they board international flights.

The era of huddling together along the aisle talking trash in the name of gisting and disturbing the peace of other passengers, the era of jumping up and down prior to landing, the era of colonising the lavatory just because you chop beans or overchop eba, the era of simply being rude and exhibiting an I-no-send attitude aboard flights is over.
It is very unfair to put in blatant stereotypes like this in a debate that is pretty serious.

For the next passenger willing to try it out, they still haven't closed Guantanamo, not yet.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by EGO3(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2009
somebody said it would be a problem for the innocent travellers
why must we travel?its high time we fight for the emancipation of this country,
nigeria still dey ok for now but the day''WE GO FIND OIL WE NO GO SEE AM''what happens to us n our siblings lets be ready to die for this country.a nigerian should not be in a place like cambodia n still yet be looked down N EVEN CALLED A BABBOO by people he is supposed to be better than, in a country where$1+4000,a country where they have absolutely nothing,a Nigerian would prefer to stay here n suffer,I PITY NAIJA cry
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ucnduka(f): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2009
While we are busy killing ourselves here the search light is on yemen not nigeria. Infaat it was just reported by CNN that the al-qaeda in yemen is claiming responsibility
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Kwarafact: 8:48am On Dec 29, 2009
Stop the sentiments and know it is time to check yourself aswell because when your dark side gets to the public it might be more embarrasing than you think.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by HIO4: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2009
you're right, we should stay and fix that rotten country instead of running off like buzzards to the messianic westerners.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by No2Atheism(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2009
HIO4:

What high horse "dude"?  You are being overdramatic and emotional.

so what? The what is, it's a fact that plays into the stereotype the media will perpetuate.
the what is the negative impact it would have on Nigerians, at least in the short run.

unless there's some part of my previous post and this post that I misconstrued, I stand corrected.

You better gulp some ice water and calm down before you rupture a nerve, and recognize that a screwjob has contributed immensely to to giving fellow Nigerians a bad name.

Edit:

Exactly, the key word in this case is "The Media" . . .the west uses propaganda a lot both for obvious racism, hidden racism, and for neo-colonialistic tendencies . . .

These propaganda are mostly disseminated through their mainstream media . . . hence even though we Nigerians know that what happened is not specific to Nigerian muslims (since the problem itself is islam and muslims worldwide and hence not limited to a particular country), nevertheless the bottom line is that:

- Modern Day News Media is dominated by the West . . .
- Hence the West is in a position to brainwashing most people into believing the Nigerians are worse than Osama bin laden, hence why it is a cause for concern that this muslim (from Nigeria) has given the Western Media an ammunition to use in their propaganda machine against Nigeria.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by HIO4: 9:01am On Dec 29, 2009
Yeah. Well put.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Wrex(m): 9:06am On Dec 29, 2009
The guy is just plain stupid,
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by erons002(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2009
pity pity pity. i really have pity for this country.

first nobody wants to hook up with a nigerian on the internet,
then, nobody wants to do business with a nigerian on or out of the internet,
now nobody wants to take the same air flight with a nigerian.

has anyone seen the movie series REAPER? they actually mentioned Nigeria there, known for internet fraud
what of LOST they mentioned Nigeria there too, known for drugs,
that advert on youtube they mentioned Nigeria and their dexterity in internet fraud, and so on.
Now it is a link with the Al Qaeda!!! JESUS!!
think about 9/11.
this is a failed 25/12
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mrofficial(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2009
[size=15pt]Why not come back home so you won't see hell. mchewww. [/size]
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 29, 2009
mr.official:

[size=15pt]Why not come back home so you won't see hell. mchewww. [/size]

Thank you!

Poster is worrying so much about how foreigners view of us will change, when our image has since been tainted by other actions of nigerian passport holders. Best for the country to start acting like a country and unite for development, stability and the greater good.

(Of course we need to have a president first) lol grin
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mikelangs(m): 11:30am On Dec 29, 2009
Well from my point of view, Nigeria might be black listed as a terrorist breeding country. We all know that American no dey carry terrorism issue play. So we should just pray that God will clear our name, Full stop
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Kelvinj(m): 11:35am On Dec 29, 2009
Letz not make mountains out of an anthill. Some bombings & shootings that happend in the last times are all americans & some are from the uk so 1 person wont turn a whole country bad unless it keeps occuring,  Which we dont pray 4
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by MrCrackles(m): 11:37am On Dec 29, 2009
Hell began a longtime ago for Nigeria and Nigerians!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by kristonium(m): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2009
@the poster

all we need is serious prayers.i share ur concern!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mrofficial(m): 12:04pm On Dec 29, 2009
ikay88:

Thank you!

Poster is worrying so much about how foreigners view of us will change, when our image has since been tainted by other actions of nigerian passport holders. Best for the country to start acting like a country and unite for development, stability and the greater good.

(Of course we need to have a president first) lol grin

That is why I don't buy the idea of "run commot for naija" Here is my country, here i will stay, and I promise my self not to regret it in whatever way.

You can imagine what one of the kids said at Who wants to be a millionaire. Frank asked that if she was to be given the 500k naira she won, what would she do with it? She replied "I will fly out of the country" sad Na wetin she dey hear she too talk so. Rubbish! as if once you travel out of Nigeria, you will not die again. Once you've died, Someone should answer the question please, i want to know. Question "would you still remember that you enjoyed on earth?" Some say it is better to be rich and die at 30 than to be poor and die at 70. Afterall, where are you going self? when memory etc will be washed off.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by dolu2007(m): 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
Its so sad that this is happening. Getting a visa for whatever reason now, would be a night-mare!

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by 1stknight(m): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
United Stress of American- USA
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by neily(f): 1:10pm On Dec 29, 2009
Why is it dat terrorists are always muslims, is dat what d Islamic Religion teaches?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mrofficial(m): 1:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
neily:

Why is it dat terrorists are always muslims, is dat what d Islamic Religion teaches?

Yes.  grin grin grin
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by jaybee3(m): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
neily:

Absolutely no marks for being ignorant in dis 21st century when nuff infos is right at your finger tips.
Are the IRA's of islamic faith?
or better still the numerous likes of Timothy Mcveigh and his white separatist likes
what about the cubans that used to hijack planes in the 70's and 80's?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Echeozo(m): 2:35pm On Dec 29, 2009
?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote, Others To Establish Plants In Owerri / Buhari Has Not Disappointed Many Patriots – Rauf Aregbesola / Power Generation Drops To 3,050MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.