Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians (7816 Views)

Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / The Beginning Of The End Of The Bola Tinubu Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by kingslloo: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2009
To me its not a hell of any type, though he may be a Nigerian our response especially the government determines how it may be to us as a country. Even his father has said that he told the FBI. You know one thing about American sometimes, they neglect treats believing that they know it all without knowing that many are out there doing everything possible to destroy all that they have built. i think that is why they didnt take the guy father serious. Nigeria should even tighten thier own security against in attack bc the way things are going, its only God and our readiness the to fight crime can save us.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by youngbest(m): 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2009
i hav deliberated wit myself b4
whether a nigerian can do dis suicide bomber thingi
i ended up blivin a nigerian can't
cos nigerians love life 2 much and notin
wil stop nigerians from enjoyin his life notin,
even alll dis lastma use to back off wen situation bcomes life threatening
but me thinks say cos d guy havnt been in naija 4 somtime
he has adopted onyibo mentality
cos i read somwhere he was talkin abt depression and been lonely havn friends dat dont really no him
a family dat is far away , bla bla blaaa
naija ppl dont talk abt dis kin stufff
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Bhamidele: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2009
[code][/code] Quote from: dayokanu on December 26, 2009, 05:21 PM

Imagine what would be the fate of a guy who has a visa interview next week?

[b][/b] IF NOT FOR POVERTY, WHY ARE WE REJOICING AND CELEBRATING BECAUSE OUR RELATIVE OR FRIEND IS GIVING VISA TO TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY? MANY NIGERIANS BELIEF THEY CANNOT MAKE IN THEIR OWN FATHER'S LAND,
AM NOT SUPPORTING THE BASTARD YET AM ONLY TRYING TO CHANGE OUR MENTALITY PERTAINING TO VISA, HAVING TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA HASN'T MADE YOU SUCCESSFUL.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by okizle(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2009
I agree that this is the beginning of hell for Nigerians. I cant imagine the stress people will have to go tru in order to travel.
I heard on CNN that all passengers are not allowed carry-on luggage anymore and its mandatory for all passenegrs to be seated 1hour before landing.
It doesnt stop a suicide bomber from blowing the plane 2hours before landing. Its gon be a hell of a journey for Nigerians now. Even now that our already degraded identity is going worse, i mean how low can you get!
Look at the so called leaders, see how they "lead" everything is totally messed up and i can only imagine where we're headed
I think its left to us coming behind to do something, like correct the wrong stuff.
Alot of prayers will do also. from every quaters, I still believe this country is gonna change for the better, don't ask me how i just have a strong faith!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Kilonso: 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2009
I saw the picture and began to wonder why an internationally convicted criminal's face should be blurred oh photo, that's funny. And since Americans confirmed that the father alerted them about the young man's extreme views, that would kind of serve as a relief on us Nigerians. We should not sound as if the America itself is totally clean: they have more terrorists among them, even more homicidal criminals, drug dealers, assassins, name it, So let's stop being extremely pessimistic as though we do not have a good number of Nigerians who make us Nigerians and the world at large proud on the contrary.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by lastpage: 1:45am On Dec 30, 2009
Really, based on "new information" just emerging, that the Father made a report to the CIA, a report which got to a desk in CIA H/Q in Langley-Virginia, shows us a few things:

1.) The father is not an extremist
2.) The father does not support his son's deviant and criminal associations
3.) The CIA, as stated by Pres. Obama "fu-ked-up", big time

I wonder how many of "our fathers" have gone to the Police to report their son/daughter, when they notice something unusual?

When l say "fathers", l am referring to all sort of fathers, (Biological, Traditional, Spiritual, Moral, e.t.c).
If your son suddenly emerge with a "classy car" or 'loads of cash' when you are aware that he has no feasible job that can produce such thing, what do you do?

Some fathers (the Spiritual ones like Pastor, Imam, Alfa, Reverend) will simply elevate such a 'son' to a higher post within the religious heirachy, as long as they share in the booty!
In the church, they will convene a "special anointing prayer" that the money should keep flowing, without asking where it came from, even if it is blood money! The new money-bag will quicly become a "Deacon", on his way to becoming a Minister!

In the Mosque, they would simply "Turban him" as the "Seriki or Baba Adinni", as long as he donates part of the loot regularly!

Traditional fathers are a worse sort! These ones will simply elevate and bestow some strange titles that only the Devil himself could have invented! You will here something like "Atunluse" (Town repairer!) or Eze-Egoo (King of Money) or some "Tundun Wada bla-bla-bla"!

I am waiting for the day when my church Pastor will publicly refuse a gigantic offering or 10% until the provider can explain to the church, where he got the money! Instead, the shameless son-of-the-devil will simply use him as an example of "who the lord has blessed" MIRACULOUSLY and the Choir will be entranced to provide a beautiful song, further "prophetic announcement" of him becoming a billionaire by this time next year will follow!! angry

But here was a father who "tipped-off" the victims!
Even the "Oyinbos" will hardly do that! For that, l salute the father.

Having said that, l am looking at the part he played in making the boy, "what he became".
Did he provide fatherly love and attention?
Did he 'listen' to the inner pain of a young boy about to go stray?
Was he the product of a broken home? ( l hear say the Papa get 16 "pikins", l will not call them "issues" becos issues dont behave like this grin)
Did he just provide him with all the "money and other luxuries of life" while neglecting his emotional security?
Could the father have done more than "just report" to Security outfits?
Are we now in an age when Parents cant even control the children? I remember the day my feeble Grandpa queeked in his old voice that he would beat-up my 'very muscular' father, if he goes against his instruction; and my Pop backed down!
Later, l came to realized that it was not "power/muscles" that came to play, it was "moral respect" for ones parents, something you imbibe from childhood.

A big lesson for us to learn from.
Money or Gifts can not replace Parental attention.
Parents, please pay attention and create time for your children (l know its difficult to attend to 16 children wink ), otherwise, they will give you heartache in your old age.
Go ask "Chairman", who has suddenly become "I am a celebrity, get me out of here! grin grin grin
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by GHill: 6:13am On Dec 30, 2009
This is our chance to change the tide as individuals and not wait for the Government. Denounce this kid's action, embrace he's father's courage and seek change. We the new generation can re-brand the country by doing the right thing.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by chelseabmw(m): 6:15am On Dec 30, 2009
we dey kampe
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by henchmark: 10:20am On Dec 30, 2009
@ topic,

you ought to have said its the beginning of hell for you and ur likes , i never intended travelling to the US, how have they bettered our life, we are used to fire so i dont know how hot the fire can become when the initial one killed the individual and completely burnt him to ashes. if you cant stand the stress then come back home.

agreed things arent right in naija but this act will not affect every nigerian. am comfortable where i am.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ayomifull(f): 12:34pm On Dec 30, 2009
I hope we wont be subjected to having to bring out our me*****tng pads during airport searches now angry
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by haronky7: 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2009
Naw, don't be too pessimistic. It's always been hell, it can't be worse.

Solution:
1. Make sure your name doesn't start with Abdul-anything, Usman (Uswoman could be a better option), Farouk (Orok sounds better), etc
2. If possible, relocate to Benin Republic or Togo, anywhere outside the country is a plus
3. If you can naturalise anywhere else, please act fast and pray you are accepted
4. Lastly, if you are a Nigerian with that green piece of junk called passport and so unfortunate to travel out and pass through the immigration or customs outside the country, don't bother putting on a belt, having any underwear, and no lace shoes, because it will go a long way at easing your agony at security strip-downs, no more security checks grin

Get it? End of lesson
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 30, 2009
GOD i thank you that this boy did.nt succeed.glory be to thy name.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by allboyz(m): 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2009
Its a shame. . . prayers is all we need!!. . . .the image of this country is at stake here!!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by efekelvin(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2009
So, you want us as a people to cow in fear as the people in here are suggesting, because of what one man did? You are not making a point - u want Nigerians to run to the American government and distancing themselves from the man- because you dont want them to visit his sins on all of us? What a thing to do- go kneeling down at embassies and beg america not to refuse people visas to go to america because of this man?

Why did they give him visa despite he is on the list of known terrorists?

Who is this Paroh Frey Sef?
You have a parochial mind. When we come to the international community, a single act of an individual affects the image of his/her nation. Here, it is assumed that an individual is exhibiting the character of where he comes from. So why are you angry with this post?
Do you know that dealing with Nigeriangs all over the world from now will be totally different because of this terroris act? That is what being in hell from now means!!
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by lastpage: 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2009
@Ayomiful
I hope we wont be subjected to having to bring out our me*****tng pads during airport searches now

Emmmm,  there is this "scanning machine that goes into operation immediately at Schipol Airport in Amsterdan, from today!

It's like an X-ray machine or one of those things in James Bond movie, its strips you unclothed.
I will suggest you dont wear a menstr*al Pad if and when you pass through that airport (and all U.S airport soonest!), if you look at the Faroouk boy thing, it actually look like he was wearing a menstr*al Pad!
You dont want to be mistaken for "another one", when the scanner machine screams "catch-am, catch-am" grin
it is designed to "display and scream" when it sees anything that is different from human flesh wink

I am thinking of getting a job in one of those airports, operating dem machines! grin imagine the amount of "high" one can get in a day! F.O.C!! lipsrsealed
I am also thinking that l dont need to wear any underwear/pant when traveling, it will make my check-in faster, l suppose? grin

What am l thinking sef? I must be way out of my mind, pls forgive me smiley wink cry

BTW: News flashed it that the boy was "driven out" of his Dubai school, where he was doing a Masters Degree for, (wait for it)!
NON-PAYMENT OF TUITION FEES!

Now, for a father who maintains a million Pound apartment in Central London, chairman (till 2weeks ago) of the "Big Elephant Bank" and now Chairman of the New Islamia bank (l hope that bank wont be and is not funded by proceeds of terrorism), it is highly "surprising".

Something is fishy in their relationship and l am wondering whether "neglect and lack of fatherly love" is a contributing factor to his radicalization?
Just my thought
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by waleshakur: 5:59am On Dec 31, 2009
they should freeze giving visas to muslim northern naijas immediately at least for the next 10 years

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by lekanakel(m): 6:11am On Dec 31, 2009
Deleted
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ibro911(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2009
waleshakur:

they should freeze giving visas to muslim northern naijas immediately at least for the next 10 years
@waleshakur,
who the f*ck is this hypocrite prick??
thanks to NL, we can see your previous posts.his previous posts:

''The whole of the North needs to be stripped and caged and isolated. then the US should be invited to bomb the whole place. All hausas should die there. they are the scourge of Naija and islam''-Today at 05:54:15 AM

''Deaath to the Babangidas and their muslim focker followers. All you naija people looking to shed tears are no better than battered wives who run back to their husbands. We need their assets seized and their souls flayed for an inteest of 1000 years in hell for each injustice''-Today at 03:00:11 AM

''they should freeze giving visas to muslim northern naijas immediately at least for the next 10 years''-Today at 05:59:53 AM

and he later posts:
How dare you insult Islam!!! We should execute righteous vengeance of bloodshed for our holiness. you will all feel our wrath!!!!!!!!!We are the righteous ones you infidels. The noth shall flood the south and its kfirs with blood!!!!!!!!-Today at 04:20:02 AM

and in a thread that says 'who are the terrorists?'', he posts:
these guys, the muslims -Today at 02:27:42 AM

first you act like you're against the hausas and you later act like you're supporting.then you act like youre a muslim and act like you're against
looks like you've been up all night acting like a b@stard.

@MODERATOR, this guy should be banned asap and the posts deleted. he's going to cause nothing but trouble
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by silvernus0: 11:10am On Dec 31, 2009
O BOY FOR ME IT IS NEVA THE BEGININ OF ANY HELL ITS HELL FOR THOSE WHO BELIVE THEY CANNOT MAKE IT IN NIJA HERE .COMMON ANYBODY COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR SUCH ACT ,AFTERALL THE BOY HAS BEEN IN A FOREIN LAND FOR YEARS AND WAS RESNTLY LIVING IN YEMEN ,FROM WERE HE GOT HIS INSPIRATION
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by silvernus0: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2009
O BOY FOR ME IT IS NEVA THE BEGININ OF ANY HELL  ITS HELL FOR THOSE WHO BELIVE THEY CANNOT MAKE IT IN NIJA HERE .COMMON ANYBODY COULD HAVE BEEN USED FOR SUCH ACT ,AFTERALL THE BOY HAS BEEN IN A FOREIN LAND FOR YEARS AND WAS RESNTLY LIVING IN YEMEN ,FROM WERE HE GOT  HIS INSPIRATION
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Onwan: 7:25pm On Dec 31, 2009
I've always seen this as a setup even before it happened; The US have been looking for ways to control the growth of the "Third World " Countries. I do not beleive any story about any Nigerian "Bomber" Its all cooked; US sponsors most of the so called "Suicide Bomber" Arabic schools anywhere in the world - Thats why you will never hear any other name arrested or mentioned with this guy, the two things they want are clear - Nigerian AND Terrorist. Thats all. Its all a plot to;

1. Take over a country
2. Put the country on a blacklist to discourage investors - They are not blind, they see the opportunities here
3. To divide Nigeria - So we see some people as Northerners and Muslims

They created Al-queda, Taliban and all that rubbish just to keep their colonization on; It wont work here; this is not guinea, sieraleone, Zimbabwe or any of those ugly places - This is Nigeria.

Check this; which hell do you want to put Nigerians in?

1. You cant even send $10.00 via "Western" Union out of Nigeria
2. You cant even buy a handkerchief worth $1.00 from the US and have them ship it to you
3. Intentionally, FEDEX, DHL, etc charge excessively high rates (IF THEY AGREE) to ship ANYTHING to Nigeria - International business killer
4. No Nigerian resident here with an overseas account still exists - all shut down or you are given a minimum deposit of about $12,000.00 as a criteria
5. You are treated like a criminal in your own country - Thanks to the "help" in "training" that the US people trained EFCC.

To hell with this story, that guy was tricked by the US into doing it so they can have an instance to support;

1. Africom in West Africa
2. Closure on us.

I really dont care if that guy blows up the whole of US, they should just leave us ALONE! - What good is a nation filled with gay couples and drug addicts anyway ? - even the freaked out president is on drugs.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by rapstar: 4:22pm On Jan 04, 2010
i think someone used that spoit child to tanish our name, if his father was poor could he have done such stupid act?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by kuramo: 4:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
Re: Sad News:nigeria Classified Amongst 14 Terrorist Nations -cnn
« #21 on: Today at 04:16:35 PM »

I don't think Nigerians understand the consequence of our country being officially labelled as a terrorist State.

This is a consequence of the state of affairs in the country at present , a failed and missing President ( silly and moribund Yar' Adua ), corrupt leadership and Islamic fundamentalists in the North.

The Muslim and Islamic fundamentalists have been terrorising mostly Christians unchallenged by the Government and state security agencies for a very long time. Sometimes these Northern fundamentalists have have carried out their terrorist activities with the tacit approval of some of the Northern Governors and their political elite.

The chicken has now come home to roost and in the eyes of the world, we are now all terrorists.

For those who are lucky enough there has never been a better time to have dual citizenship with access to another passport aside from the disgraced green passport,

The best thing that can happen to the country now is for the fool to die peacefully without much ado so that the country can move forward and try to repair all the damage already done.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by MrCoon: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2010
I’m just glad Nigeria is on that list. At last now there will be no more terrorism. although, I just hope for Obama’s sake, because I love him and Ophra Winfrey, that in future, no one from Europe, or India or china is caught in possession of explosives. I mean, what will he do then? Certainly, he most not then label those as terrorists  states (Obam's wife wears Indian cloths you know, fantastic)  but, if he does not, one can just imagine the hoo-ha  from the filthy Nigerian  terrorists state complaining of favouritism. 

Go Obama. This Coon loves and endorses your presidency.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by topup: 10:12pm On Jan 04, 2010
waleshakur:

And the same narrow mind you used to make that statement, will the the same who are preventing visas to the whole population of Nigeria. It's easy to think of segregating a group as long as it isn't you, but what happens when the power is taken away from you, and even you are included??
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by porkpie(m): 6:59pm On Jan 06, 2010
And many are still hell bent to go see pix
picture is courtesy: www.sunnewsonline.com

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by lastpage: 2:01am On Jan 07, 2010
@Onwan,
Is it possible you make head-or-tail out of this story?
Your comments will be appreciated since you provide a 'different angle' to this thread.

I dont know if referencing the website will earn me a "ban" but lets see grin

wwdouble u.childrenadvocates.blogspots dot com
U can reconstruct it properly and open it direct by urself. (put the letter,  as in "." where l used word spelling)

Did U.S. Forces Execute Kids in Afghanistan?
By Dave Lindorff, OpEdNews.com
January 6, 2010

The Taliban suicide attack that killed a group of CIA agents in Afghanistan was big news in the U.S. over the past week. The attack took place on a base that was directing U.S. drone aircraft used to attack Taliban leaders. The airwaves and front pages were filled with sympathetic stories referring to the fact that the female station chief, who was among those killed, was the "mother of three children."

But the apparent mass murder of Afghan school children, including one as young as 11 years old, by U.S.-led troops, was pretty much blacked out in the American media. Especially blacked out was the claim by UN investigators that the students had not just been killed but executed, many of them after having first been rousted from their bedrooms and handcuffed.

Here is the excellent report on the incident that ran in the Times of London (like Fox News, a Rupert Murdoch-owned publication) on Dec. 31:

Western troops accused of executing 10 Afghan civilians, including children

By Jerome Starkey in Kabul

American-led troops were accused yesterday of dragging innocent children from their beds and shooting them during a night raid that left ten people dead.

Afghan government investigators said that eight schoolchildren were killed, all but one of them from the same family. Locals said that some victims were handcuffed before being killed.

Western military sources said that the dead were all part of an Afghan terrorist cell responsible for manufacturing improvised explosive devices (IEDs), which have claimed the lives of countless soldiers and civilians.

"This was a joint operation that was conducted against an IED cell that Afghan and US officials had been developing information against for some time," said a senior Nato insider. But he admitted that "the facts about what actually went down are in dispute."

The article goes on to say:

In a telephone interview last night, the headmaster [of the local school] said that the victims were asleep in three rooms when the troops arrived. "Seven students were in one room," said Rahman Jan Ehsas. "A student and one guest were in another room, a guest room, and a farmer was asleep with his wife in a third building.

"First the foreign troops entered the guest room and shot two of them. Then they entered another room and handcuffed the seven students. Then they killed them. Abdul Khaliq [the farmer] heard shooting and came outside. When they saw him they shot him as well. He was outside. That's why his wife wasn't killed."

A local elder, Jan Mohammed, said that three boys were killed in one room and five were handcuffed before they were shot. "I saw their school books covered in blood," he said.

The investigation found that eight of the victims were aged from 11 to 17. The guest was a shepherd boy, 12, called Samar Gul, the headmaster said. He said that six of the students were at high school and two were at primary school. He said that all the students were his nephews.

Compare this article to the one mention of the incident that appeared in the New York Times, one of the few American news outlets to even mention the incident. The article, which appeared on Dec. 28, focused entirely on the difficulty civilian killings cause for the U.S. war effort, and not on the allegations of a serious war crime:

Attack Puts Afghan Leader and NATO at Odds

By Alissa J. Rubin and Abdul Waheed Wafa

KABUL, Afghanistan -- The killing of at least nine men in a remote valley of eastern Afghanistan by a joint operation of Afghan and American forces put President Hamid Karzai and senior NATO officials at odds on Monday over whether those killed had been civilians or Taliban insurgents.

In a statement e-mailed to the news media, Mr. Karzai condemned the weekend attack and said the dead had been civilians, eight of them schoolboys. He called for an investigation.

Local officials, including the governor and members of Parliament from Kunar Province, where the deaths occurred, confirmed the reports. But the Kunar police chief, Khalilullah Ziayee, cautioned that his office was still investigating the killings and that outstanding questions remained, including why the eight young men had been in the same house at the time.

"There are still questions to be answered, like why these students were together and what they were doing on that night," Mr. Ziayee said.

A senior NATO official with knowledge of the operation said that the raid had been carried out by a joint Afghan-American force and that its target was a group of men who were known Taliban members and smugglers of homemade bombs, which the American and NATO forces call improvised explosive devices, or I.E.D.'s.

According to the NATO official, nine men were killed. "These were people who had a well-established network, they were I.E.D. smugglers and also were responsible for direct attacks on Afghan security and coalition forces in those areas," said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the delicacy of the issue.

"When the raid took place they were armed and had material for making I.E.D.'s," the official added.

While the article in the New York Times eventually mentions the allegation that the victims were children, not grown men, it nonetheless begins with the unchallenged assertion in the lead that they were "men." There is no mention of the equally serious allegation that the victims had been handcuffed before being executed, and the story leaves the impression, made by NATO sources, that they were armed and had died fighting. There is no indication in the Times story that the reporters made any effort, as the more enterprising and skeptical London Times reporter did, to get local, non-official, sources of information. The New York Times reporters attributed the claim that the victims had been making bombs to an anonymous NATO source, even though there was no legitimate reason for the anonymity ("because of the delicacy of the situation" was the lame excuse offered). Indeed, the use of an anonymous source here would appear to violate the Times' own standards.

It's not that American newsrooms lacked the knowledge that a major war crime may have been committed. Nearly all American news organizations receive the AP news wire. Here is the AP report on the killings, which ran under the headline "UN says killed Afghans were students":

The United Nations says a raid last weekend by foreign troops in a tense eastern Afghan province killed eight local students.

The Afghan government says that all 10 people killed in a village in Kunar province were civilians. NATO says there is no evidence to substantiate the claim and has requested a joint investigation.

UN special representative in Afghanistan Kai Eide said in a statement Thursday that preliminary investigation shows there were insurgents in the area at the time of the attack. But he adds that eight of those killed were students in local schools.

Once again, the American media are falling down shamefully in providing honest reporting on a war, making it difficult for the American people to make informed judgments about what is being done in their name.

If the charges are correct -- that American forces, or American-led forces, are handcuffing their victims and then executing them -- they are committing egregious war crimes. If they are killing children, they are committing equally egregious war crimes. If they are handcuffing and executing children, the atrocity is beyond horrific. If true, this incident would actually be worse than the infamous war crime that occurred in My Lai during the Vietnam War. In that case, we had ordinary soldiers in the field, acting under the orders of several low-ranking officers in the heat of an operation, shooting and killing women, children and babies. But in this case we appear to have seasoned special forces troops actually directing the taking of captives, cuffing them, herding them into a room and spraying them with bullets, execution-style.

Given the history of the commanding general in Afghanistan, General Stanley McChrystal -- who is known to have run a massive death squad operation in Iraq before being named to his current post by President Obama, and who is known to have called for the same kind of tactics in Afghanistan -- it should not be surprising that the U.S. would now be committing atrocities in Afghanistan. If this is how this war is going to be conducted, the U.S. media should be making a major effort to uncover and expose the crime.

On January 1, the London Times' Jerome Starkey, in Afghanistan, followed up with a second story, reporting that Afghan President Hamid Karzai is calling for the U.S. to hand over the troops who killed the students. Starkey quoted a "NATO source" as saying that the "foreigners involved" in the incident were "non-military, suggesting that they were part of a secret paramilitary unit based in the capital" of Kabul. He goes on to quote a "Western official" as saying: "There's no doubt that there were insurgents there, and there may well have been an insurgent leader in the house, but that doesn't justify executing eight children who were all enrolled in local schools."

Good enterprise reporting by the London Times and its Kabul-based correspondent. Silence on these developments in the U.S. media.

Meanwhile, it has been a week since New York Times reporters Rubin and Wafa made their first flawed report on the incident, and there has been not a word since then about it in the paper. Are Rubin and Wafa or other Times reporters on the story? Will there be a follow-up?

On the evidence of past coverage of these U.S. wars and their ongoing atrocities by the Times and by other major U.S. corporate media news organizations, don't bet on it. You'll do better looking to the foreign media.

By the way, given that we're talking about allegations of a serious war crime, it is important to note that, under the Geneva Conventions, it is a legal requirement that the U.S. military chain of command immediately initiate an official investigation to determine whether such a crime has occurred. One would hope that the Commander-in-Chief, President Obama, would order such an inquiry.

Any effort to prevent such an inquiry, or to cover up a war crime, would be a war crime in itself. We just had one administration that did a lot of that. We don't need another one.
Posted by greathierophant@yahoo.com at 7:27 AM 0 comments
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Airports Set To Become Primary Peddlers Of Child indecency
http://www.infowars.com/airports-set-to-become-primary-peddlers-of-child-indecency/

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The establishment is ensuring that craddle-robbers and perverts are kept entertained at airport security checkpoints by mandating the mass rollout of unclothed body scanners that provide detailed images of your child’s ittybits, to be enjoyed by officials sitting alone in back rooms.

Despite official assurances and media talking points that claim the unclothed body scanners now being implemented in airports worldwide do not show enough detail to be considered a violation of privacy, the true measure of how much of an intrusion they really are is proven by the fact that they break child indecency laws in the UK that bar the production of indecent images of children.

Ministers in the UK will be forced to exempt under-18’s from the virtual strip searches or pass new legislation that protects airport workers from being prosecuted as craddle-robbers.

“They also face demands from civil liberties groups for safeguards to ensure that images from the £80,000 scanners, including those of celebrities, do not end up on the internet,” reports the Guardian. “The Department for Transport confirmed that the “child indecency” problem was among the “legal and operational issues” now under discussion in Whitehall after Gordon Brown’s announcement on Sunday that he wanted to see their “gradual” introduction at British airports.”

“They do not have the legal power to use full body scanners in this way,” said Terri Dowty, of Action for Rights of Children, adding there was an exemption in the 1978 law to cover the “prevention and detection of crime” but the purpose had to be more specific than the “trawling exercise” now being considered.

As the Guardian report highlights, despite the fact that news organizations routinely blur out sensitive areas of the body when showing images produced by the scans, the actual resolution of the images allows airport workers to see “ittybits and bosom enlargements”.

Despite the promise that the images would immediately be deleted, Simon Davies of Privacy International warns that scans of celebrities or of people with unusual or freakish body profiles would prove an “irresistible pull” for some employees.

Indeed, the fact that your sons and daughters will potentially be subject to a virtual strip search where the shape and detail of their ittybits will be visible to someone sat alone in a back room begs the question of what kind of people would want to apply for such a job. If such technology is rolled out on a widespread basis, working in airport security will undoubtedly become a pull for perverts and craddle-robbers who will be given free reign to lust over your unclothed child’s body. How far will Americans acquiesce in the name of safety?

This compilation of articles proves that people in positions of power have routinely and illegally abused surveillance technologies for their own personal titillation, particularly in regard to young women and children.

A school in Overton County, Tennessee was sued to the tune of $4.2 million in damages by parents after school officials allowed surveillance cameras to be installed in locker rooms of children aged 10-14, with the images showing both girls and boys in various stages of UnCloth.

Another case in Sutherland high school New York found that head school custodian Allen Wemes had kept a pornographic stash of footage filmed by a secret surveillance camera placed in a female restroom.

In June 2004, the director of a tutoring center in Chicago was charged with manufacturing and possessing child indecency after he was discovered to be operating a sophisticated video surveillance system in the bathroom of the Beverly Instructional Center.

These are just a few of dozens of cases in the U.S. alone where officials have been caught abusing invasive surveillance technologies for their own perverted pleasure. If similar technology is to be implemented on a mass scale in airports as is being proposed, we are going to see such violations skyrocket to an industrial level.

A familiar tactic employed to convince the public that the scanners are necessary is the repeated use of images that show concealed weapons, creating the perception that everyone is guilty and needs to be scanned. This is reinforced by the public being made to hold their hands up when they enter the scanner in a symbolic act of submission, when holding their arms out horizontally would be no different.

How much humiliation, fealty and degradation are we prepared to accept in the name of being protected from a menace that the government has proven time and again it has no motivation in stopping? The very people promoting the mass implementation of body scanners stand to reap the financial rewards because they are heavily invested in the technology.

Are we going to allow perverts and craddle-robbers in positions of power enjoy unclothed images of our children or are we finally going to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough and start boycotting and filing lawsuits against airports and other institutions that attempt to ram through these revolting and dehumanizing measures?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by marlkomx3: 6:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
grin
why u na dey talk say hell for nigeria, a sovereign state just becos america de bif them. abeg make una forget that thing wetin concern ordinary nigerian with the wahala with ami.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by strangleyo: 3:59am On Jan 09, 2010
The beginning of hell?

Nigeria wasn't too far off on December 23th 2009 to be quite honest.

Half dead president, broken roads, sprawling slums, grinding poverty, 70% adult illiteracy, corruption, no power, water, sanitation, Niger delta rebels, Boko Haram, environmental degradation even without any industrialization, filth, crime, kidnapping, tribalist bigotry, and most of all widespread acceptance of ignorance and stupidity.

No, this fella did not create hell for Nigeria.

He brought the hell known as Nigeria, out of its box.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by DAVE5(m): 3:49am On Jan 24, 2010
@ poster i like the fact that u care about naija n its citizens but u sounded harsh at beginnin of the thread e.g. its goin 2 b hell 4 naija pple then u became cold cos u knew u were goin to b wooped rite here on nl.as 4 me i dont c it as hell rather,a new beginnin,a pple to b heard=greatest naija 4 life.its like this; u c a cup as half empty while i c it as half full

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Greater Port Harcourt / Is Hon Evans Bipi The Phantom Speaker A Cultist?? / PDP House Of Representative Primary Election Results In Imo State And Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.