Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians (7815 Views)

Wike's Tweet After The Cancellation And Nigerians' Mixed Response / Nullification Of Rivers Election Will Be The Beginning Of Nigeria's Separation / The Beginning Of The End Of The Bola Tinubu Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by edoyad(m): 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2009
Paroh fre you can keep being defensive but it will take us on where. Do you think the continual rancours between muslims and Christians in Nigeria have had no part in that boy's development ? Incase  you haven't noticed, i live in Kd now though i was born Lagos. When young children are taught to label anything other than theirs as infidels what do you think the end result will be ?
How many hausa muslims do you know see Osama's ways as being antithetical to human co existence ? I see buses in kaduna north area with osama stickers on them and even posters with Osama and planes crashing into the world trade centre put up on walls of hausa muslim shops here, what does that say to the young uma ?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Beaf: 6:53pm On Dec 26, 2009
Paroh_frey:

You are simply a Beaf - meat, maybe you are the BEAF from a COW, a goat or an antelope, I dont realy know which one of the BEAf you ar, but you must be from one of those lots which turn to human being on their death - BEAF- what are we saying and what are you saying? People say it is hell for Nigeria and Nigerians because of this one man's actions- trying to bomb a plane- and I ask the same question- has it been hell for Ghanians and Ghana since a Ghana national/citizen attempted to blow up buses in London - this is my question and you bring dead bodies as it you dont think at all?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6634913.stm

Have you heard of Ghanaian extremist Muslims burning, looting and killing? Have you heard of a Ghanaian Boko Haram (that is zealous enough to attack machine gunes with pen knifes, bows and arrows and cutlasses?).
With that it is easy to see that the Ghanaian who was involved in the London bombings didn't have the roots of his extremism in Ghana.

There is plenty to show that Nigerians are radicalised right here in Nigeria (no need for trips to Afghanistan or Pakistan). The stup id argument of yesterday was that he wasn't Nigerian, because his name sounds Arabic (as if everything in Islam doesnt hinge on Arabic); now you have surpassed that daft argument with this "Ghana" bullsh it.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OAM4J: 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2009
If only you people know what frequent travelers go through with immigrations all over the world, your guess will be as good as mine what will happen to many of us now in the light of this development.

Nigerians are already branded corrupt, fraudulent and drug peddlers. To add terrorist to the list is just too much.

Ghana can easily overcome the misbehavior of one man, because they do not have the bad International reputation Nigeria has.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by enziga(m): 7:07pm On Dec 26, 2009
Depilot:

You may not see it or understand it at this time, but this news is worse than our 419 image. If we are not careful this could directly and indirectly affect everyone of us (both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria).

This is an image we definitely do not want and we must all stand up and denounce this behaviour.
We must let the world know that Nigerians are great peaceful people, who do not believe in doing evil things to other countries.

Believe it or not, America has been nothing but an incredible country to Nigeria and Nigerians.

Are u this unreasonable/stupid in real life or does ur stupidity manifest itself only on the internet?? Dumb Fool
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mrperfect(m): 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2009
Citizen Why cry
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by viewlekan: 9:45pm On Dec 26, 2009
Hi Y'all,

I think we are over-reacting a bit. Yes, it is a disgrace that one of us(unfortunately), tried to blow himself up with "firecrackers" ( a bit silly for someone who apparently was studying Engineering), but I dont think it would mean profiling of Nigerians as Terrorists ( the CIA and FBI and other security agencies know better), yes there are going to be elements in the country who are crazy enough to blow up themselves, but we all know that they form a very very very minute part of the Nigerian population( and these security agencies know this as well).

If you guys can recollect that one of the sucide bombers in london in 2005 was a Jamaican muslim convert and this has not led to labelling jamaica as a terriorist country, yes some would argue that ther are more muslims in Nigeria than Jamaica , but as Nigerians we know our deficiencies, ( poverty, corruption, 419 etc), blowing up ourselves in the name of religion is certainly not one of our problems to be honest!!!, We would get over this,
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Samola1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 26, 2009
[@viewlekan I luv ur point of view. It shows hw adept u are tackling issues of national phenomena. I dont see hw d misdoings of an individual will invoke hell on we nigerians(poster) rather it shd serve as a wake up call 4 we all as a nation 2 b stringent in our way of lives by so doing everyone is given equal opportunity in our society and also placed in an esteem positn within d polity thereby drifting minds of nigerians 4rm ill-mannered;ill-bred;wicked and evil thougts and vices.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:29am On Dec 27, 2009
dayokanu:

Tpia,

How does an average person view an Arab, or how does an average Ameican view an Arab guy. Some Arab had thriving businesses in the US pre 9-11 but lost everything mainly their American clientelle who dont want to have anything to do with "Someone from a country who tried to kill my people".

Do you know how many Arabian guys who were denied visa, admission, aid and a beter life on account of some terrorists.

After all Arab americans didnt die in america over 911 and top officials in American govt are Arab and are still being appointed by the US govt.

Obama, from a Muslim background and with Arab ties, became the president of the United States.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by SEFAGO(m): 3:35am On Dec 27, 2009
Obama, from a Muslim background and with Arab ties, became the president of the United States.

he continually denied any muslim links and he coninuously went to church
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 27, 2009
SEFAGO:

he continually denied any muslim links and he coninuously went to church

he didnt deny his muslim background.

My point is he still became president after sept 11.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OYBMEND: 4:38am On Dec 27, 2009
If this was in other parts some will attribute it to the perculiar nature of the people of that region.

It is amazing how all have agreed that this is a Nigerian problem rather than the muslim north problem.

recently we heard of bokoharram, now it is the 23 year old son of a billionaire linked to al-qaeda.

If a fellow Nigerian kills a fellow Nigerian in Kaduna, instead of taking a look at themselves and question their religion which justifies violence they say its alamajiri and poverty.

Well Mutallab is neither an Alamajiri nor a poor man, now their new spin is we should all join to claim that terrorism is an un-Nigerian phenomenon when this group of people have been terrorising their compatriots back home for ages.

Mate this is not about the Nigeria, this is about the North who for some reasons can't seem to shun violence and ignore the violent teachings of prohphet mohammed.

Guess what? I book KLM and due to fly into Port Harcourt next week through Amsterdam. I know that I will be dehumanised but I will not be worried because the kind of terrorism we have seen from our fellow compatriots is worst than any humiliation I will experience at the airport.
As we speak the vice President is being terrorised against the provisions of our constitution and yet some are talking about Nigeria. If Jonathan was of the Muslim North, I doubt we will have a power vacuum for 30 days.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OAM4J: 4:49am On Dec 27, 2009
OYB_MEND:

As we speak the vice President is being terrorised against the provisions of our constitution and yet some are talking about Nigeria. If Jonathan was of the Muslim North, I doubt we will have a power vacuum for 30 days.

Recently i was thinking of this. If the recent scenario had been with a Southern President and a Northern VP, Nigeria will be boiling by now.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 27, 2009
OYB MEND said something about muslims needing to reject ''the violent teachings of prophet Mohammed''.

Has this foool read the old testament?

It's filled with atrocities ordered by the bible ''God'' against thousands of innocent people, murdered by Israelis, the bible ''God'''s chosen people.

The reason you are even a christian today is that white christian slave traders, and colonisers raided your country, killed thousands, burned down cities, and stole your resources for 80 years, converted your conquered ancestors to christianity, before handing power to their local stooges.

George Bush is a christian who massacred millions of innocent people based on lies about WMD. He even claimed God asked him to do it.

OBJ was a ''born again christian'' who ordered troops to massacre people at Odi, and who apparently looted millions of dollars while in office.

So you really have a lot of nerve talking about another religion.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OYBMEND: 5:07am On Dec 27, 2009
Rossike

You can go in circles all you like

Osama Bin Laden, Mutallab, Bokoharram, Hisbah, The london Bombers of 77 and 9-11 hijackers all have something in common. They are all Muslim Jihadist who kill others in the name of God in the 21st century.

Can I also advice you that I am not a Muslim does not make me a Christain either.

This warped view is why you people go about bombing others indiscrimantely in the name of God. You people should own your failures for once for a change and reject violence. Islam is a religion of pieces. In my adult life most of those who kill others in the name of God are muslims and you folks should do something about it. If I belong to any religion (which I don't belong to one right now) kills anyone in the name of god I will reject it.

REJECT ISLAM IT IS A RELIGION OF PIECES AND A TERRORIST RELIGION.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mekusxxx: 5:19am On Dec 27, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Why make life difficult grin grin grin? Why not simplify it to: ''REJECT ISLAM, IT IS A RELIGION OF PIECES AND TERROR''
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 27, 2009
OYB MEND said:

Rossike

You can go in circles all you like

Osama Bin Laden, Mutallab, Bokoharram, Hisbah, The london Bombers of 77 and 9-11 hijackers all have something in common. They are all Muslim Jihadist who kill others in the name of God in the 21st century.

Can I also advice you that I am not a Muslim does not make me a Christain either.

This warped view is why you people go about bombing others indiscrimantely in the name of God. You people should own your failures for once for a change and reject violence. Islam is a religion of pieces. In my adult life most of those who kill others in the name of God are muslims and you folks should do something about it. If I belong to any religion (which I don't belong to one right now) kills anyone in the name of god I will reject it.

Shut your trap and go get a brain.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by henry101(m): 6:35am On Dec 27, 2009
dnt we have muslims in senegal? Y is the nigerian muslim esp frm d north different from d rest in west africa? Can someone pls telme y d muslims from northern nigeria is diff. in attitude from d ones in cameroun? Do dey have/read a different koran from our west african neighbours and cameroun? Na waoh 4 our muslim brethens in northern 9ja. Peace must reign in naija. Pls no insults, I beg una in jesus name, Amen.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by AloyEmeka6: 6:55am On Dec 27, 2009
henry101:

[size=14pt]dnt we have muslims in senegal? Y is the nigerian muslim esp frm d north different from d rest in west africa? Can someone pls telme y d muslims from northern nigeria is diff. in attitude from d ones in cameroun? Do dey have/read a different koran from our west african neighbours and cameroun? Na waoh 4 our muslim brethens in northern 9ja.[/size] Peace must reign in naija. Pls no insults, I beg una in jesus name, Amen.

Good question. Any takers?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by shagaman: 12:20pm On Dec 27, 2009

I believe it is most insane for the writer of the above to mention this in this time and age,it shows lack of dept in terms of knowledge and upbringing from his or her homes,when MKO ABIOLA was busy building churches all over the country nobody labeled ISLAM A RELIGION OF PIECES,this is not the right time to join issues there are more important issues on ground .Apparently the BOMBER boy is a fool,and should be left to enjoy what he deserves,forget about all those clamoring that the guy don dent 9ja image, 9ja get image before? where and how, we have a sick president ruling over a sick nation,politicians looting us dry,forget all this brohaha Dora go shout keep quiet after all she has failed in all this re branding issue,no road,fuel scarcity dey there o,NEPA or PHCN dey no dey exist,banks have embarked on mass sack,the unemployment rate is fucking high, My only grouse with the idiot is he should have blown the National assembly first with all the mad leaders before embarking on his apparently stupid mission.mad dog.

Sparking religious utterances would not solve anything and the fools quoting both Bible and the lack knowledge. sad
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by OAM4J: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2009
shagaman:

I believe it is most insane for the writer of the above to mention this in this time and age,it shows lack of dept in terms of knowledge and upbringing from his or her homes,when MKO ABIOLA was busy building churches all over the country nobody labeled ISLAM A RELIGION OF PIECES,this is not the right time to join issues there are more important issues on ground .Apparently the BOMBER boy is a fool,and should be left to enjoy what he deserves,forget about all those clamoring that the guy don dent 9ja image, 9ja get image before? where and how, we have a sick president ruling over a sick nation,politicians looting us dry,forget all this brohaha Dora go shout keep quiet after all she has failed in all this re branding issue,no road,fuel scarcity dey there o,NEPA or PHCN dey no dey exist,banks have embarked on mass sack,the unemployment rate is bleeping high, My only grouse with the slowpoke is he should have blown the National assembly first with all the mad leaders before embarking on his apparently silly mission.mad dog.

Sparking religious utterances would not solve anything and the fools quoting both Bible and the lack knowledge. sad

humnmnnnn! undecided
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by nigeria3: 9:52pm On Dec 27, 2009
Guys what can we do as a Nigerians to bring back the good name of our country Nigeria?

That guy has really done something that will stigmatize that name Nigeria for long, we are known for fraud, scams, drugs and many bad things and hot terrorism has just added.

Hope our youth understand now say travel will be more difficult and 90% impossible.

I wish us well, only when we come out and say know to this. The country i dey so, the citizens na dey remove any government if they know like, our airport as well is very bad and our security shit, because if a good search was carried out there, this wouldn't have happened

God bless Nigeria.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by nigeria3: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2009
Guys what can we do now to restore Nigeria image since that fool has giving us the final stigma?

For Nigeria youth to travel overseas is 90% impossible now.shame

God help us all.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Angeleyz(f): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2009
nigeria.:

Guys what can we do now to restore Nigeria image since that fool has giving us the final stigma?

For Nigeria youth to travel overseas is 90% impossible now.shame

God help us all.

What happened to staying in Nigeria why must you grovel to the like of the US to accept you into thier gold paved roads of corruption , modern slavery and death? If this news is true he may have done the country a favour. undecided
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mamagee3(f): 1:58am On Dec 29, 2009
Nothing is happening. tongue
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Lacrisma(m): 2:02am On Dec 29, 2009
mama-gee:

Nothing is happening. tongue
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by lastpage: 2:53am On Dec 29, 2009
I have an interview for a "long term" Visa for America on Thursday 31st December! It costs a lot of money and l am wondering whether what this guy did will affect the perception and judgment of my American interviewer or any other Visa- section interviewer for that matter! shocked

I put myself in the position of that American Embassy staff:

Visa staff: You say you're from which country?
Me: I am from Nigeria and proudly so too.

Visa Staff: Uuhh-huh, Nigeria, you said, right? (He makes a cold stare into my eyes and tries to UnCloth me with his eyes, but l smile back)
Me: You dont have anything against Nigerians, do you? ( l can feel the pain of his stare and l can even read his mind: Another Fuc-k-ing terrorist.)
Visa staff: Not all, lovely and lively people (he mumbles to himself: except that they've added terrorism to their list of atrocities!)

Me: So, was my interview successful?
Visa staff: You will hear from us in due course but if you dont, l regret to say that it wsn't grin (he even spares me a smile)

Me: Na God go punish you dis "Mutallab" terrorist angry pickin o! see wetin you come cause now?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by mubaraqqq(f): 3:16am On Dec 29, 2009
Better yet, maybe we can all sit our butts in Nigeria and it will finally force us to do something about our country, instead of running to another country
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Nobody: 3:18am On Dec 29, 2009
ROSSIKE:

OYB MEND said something about muslims needing to reject ''the violent teachings of prophet Mohammed''.

Has this foool read the old testament?

It's filled with atrocities ordered by the bible ''God'' against thousands of innocent people, murdered by Israelis, the bible ''God'''s chosen people.

The reason you are even a christian today is that white christian slave traders, and colonisers raided your country, killed thousands, burned down cities, and stole your resources for 80 years, converted your conquered ancestors to christianity, before handing power to their local stooges.

George Bush is a christian who massacred millions of innocent people based on lies about WMD. He even claimed God asked him to do it.

OBJ was a ''born again christian'' who ordered troops to massacre people at Odi, and who apparently looted millions of dollars while in office.

So you really have a lot of nerve talking about another religion.

I dont know how many times people have to be told Christianity preceeded the whites in Africa.

read up on your history before going ballistic.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by ucnduka(f): 3:51am On Dec 29, 2009
@poster,I don't see this as the beginning of hell except it is another hell u are talking about.This terrorist act has definitely affected our already battered image as a nation. unlike ghana and jamaica the outside world views this nation as one filled with bad eggs so lets just say this another 'feather on our cap'. As for posters saying d idiot should be seen as a northerner and not a nigerian, is he different from the eastern kidnapper and scammer, niger delta militant or the southern internanatiomal prostitute that has contributed to the battering of the nation's image? Please this issue is a Nigerian 'headache' not a regional one as Nigerians not muslims or northeners would suffer any consequence that arise from this stupid act. @ shagaman u said mko abiola built churches please is it the same mko abiola that sank a ship carrying bibles and agitated for the islamization of nigeria u are talking about or another one?
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by CarlosVent(m): 4:25am On Dec 29, 2009
Nigerians are too much. but this is bringing shame to our Name and Reputation
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by vicishow(m): 5:12am On Dec 29, 2009
it is only those that do not have a better thing that is making them money and that want to run away will be panicing.
Wetin concern me and america? Na dem sabi! I dey make my cool internet money here.
Re: This Is The Beginning Of Hell For Nigeria And Nigerians by Echeozo(m): 5:22am On Dec 29, 2009
L

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos / Cramjones Threatened Via Email Over His Expose Of PDP Election Strategy / Great Igbo Achievers, Pride Of Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.