Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy (5575 Views)

If You Installed Faceapp, You Should Be Aware Of Its Privacy Policy / Facebook Introduce Hate Speech Policy To Nigeria Facebook Users / Konga Black Friday Has Started!! Hurry And Grab Something For Yourself! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2017
Please I would appreciate the response of techy in the house to throw more light on this issue without sentiment. Before someone would say that I am spoiling someone business, I want you all to know that I have sent several mails to konga on this issue and I have also been to their head office but all to no avail.

I would like to say that before been a seller that am also a buyer so I always know when customers are right or wrong.

I am a merchant on konga and there was this buyer that made a purchase of HTC M7 phone from my konga store and after a month plus of using the phone, she called with so much rudeness that the phone restarts continuously; this is someone I never met nor spoke with for once because she made payment directly to konga and konga did the delivery. I quickly asked her some questions just to be sure I was not dealing with a fraudulent person which she answered rudely then i apologized and told her the issue with the phone could be software issues which I suggested that she should either take it to authorized HTC repair center or she can bring it to me to assist in processing for the warranty repair of the phone. I made my research and got their office details online which was forwarded to her.

To cut the story short, she went to the repair center with her rude attitude where she told them that the phone does not accept any sim which she never told me and she was told by the receptionist who attended to her that she would pay for repair if the issue is with the sim slot. This lady called me back and started throwing insults from all angles which really annoyed me and I told her I was busy at the moment that I would call her back, the next thing that happened was a call from a guy who claimed to be working with konga and he also said the buyer is his sister. I told him to call me with the konga official number to confirm that he works with konga which he did and I told myself that there is more to this story that I need to know, I called the lady and asked her to bring the phone to me because I really need to confirm the phone in question and the issue and behold the imei of the phone is unknown which had caused the phone not to accept sim and also to restart continuously. I sent a message to this lady regarding my findings but she never responded and the brother who responded claimed that his sister did not do anything to the phone to cause the missing imei, can techy people here answer me if the imei of the phone can go missing without the user altering it? However, I still took the phone to the repair center in order to satisfy a customer but I was shown the limited warranty policy as warranty does not cover such and I persuaded them that may be some sort of software would fix the issue, I was made to pay for that which I did and after all their effort; the continuous restart was corrected but the imei issue was never corrected as they suggested that changing the motherboard is the solution.

She probably thought that been rude and having a brother working at konga would put fear in me to give her another brand new phone without questioning about what she did to the phone that was sold to her.

After all the happenings, I sent a well detailed mail to konga explaining everything to konga but instead Konga said that HTC warranty policy could be forged and they came up with a claim that the phone does not have warranty simply because they misunderstood what the repair guy told them that warranty does not cover what happened to the phone. However, I told konga that if the subject of the dispute was that phone does not have warranty then I didn’t expect the buyer to use the phone at all as she was supposed to raise an alarm, stating the obvious so she can return the phone in the same condition that it was shipped to her for full refund but it was never the case as she used the phone then spoilt it out of her negligence and came back to claim otherwise. At times we misunderstand warranty for insurance, I can’t believe that someone spoilt a phone and I was asked to make a refund simply because the buyer is related to one of konga’s staff.

I have also called HTC head office and I was told that the lady did something to the phone as they are 200% sure that something was done to the phone, they also made it clear that the lady should return the imei of the phone before bringing to them for any warranty repair.

As it is, konga withheld my money on the konga wallet and asked me to refund the buyer, please whose fault is it that the imei of the phone disappears from the phone; the manufacturer, merchant or the consumer? Also note that konga return policy has also ended on this transaction and konga return policy also stated it that there would be no return when the serial number/imei of the phone has been tampered but since the buyer is one of them, they decided not to follow their lay down policy which makes me believe that konga policy is not for everyone.

Please check these links and attached to see for yourself. http://dl4.htc.com/Web_materials/Manual/Warranty/Android/AUS_warranty_card_update_RevD.PDF?_ga=1.120411339.291214630.1486244139

http:///return-policy ( this link is not displaying well but you can just type konga return policy on google to get it)

1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by 3RNEST(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2017
Haba this is long na....

4 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by sorextee(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
It is well.... Wen it comes to being rude, I bliv girls re more rude....

Are we sure she didnt try to change d IMEI to a bb one, heard some peeps were doing such back then...

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
That's pure injustice!
the lady,maybe out of frustration might have done something to the imei when the phone was having that restart problem..or this might be another case of,hard reset(flashing,factory reset)
gone wrong!(malfunction)
wait..how long did she use the phone before she complained to you?

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by HARDDON: 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
get a good lawyer that has sound knowledge in this terrain and seek his advise on pursuing legally. konga can't blatantly be violating its own policy like this!

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:20pm On Apr 02, 2017
Osaki07:
That's pure injustice!
the lady,maybe out of frustration might have done something to the imei when the phone was having that restart problem..or this might be another case of,hard reset(flashing,factory reset)
gone wrong!(malfunction)
wait..how long did she use the phone before she complained to you?

she used the phone a month plus. it was the tampered imei that caused the phone to be restarting and also caused the imei of the phone to be unknown. The phone was working perfecting before she tampered with the imei, no phone would recognize a sim without the imei of the phone.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2017
HARDDON:
get a good lawyer that has sound knowledge in this terrain and seek his advise on pursuing legally. konga can't blatantly be violating its own policy like this!

Thanks. I created this thread for techy people to air their opinion as it would also be used. I know an organization that handles such and I would be transferring the case to them this week.

4 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

she used the phone a month plus. it was the tampered imei that caused the phone to be restarting and also caused the imei of the phone to be unknown. The phone was working perfecting before she tampered with the imei, no phone would recognize a sim without the imei of the phone.

What still marvels me is that..how was she able to tamper with the phone imei?
it's not like the imei is an hardware..it's pre-programmed software(therefore cannot be tampared with easily)
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
3RNEST:
Haba this is long na....

try and read it

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:30pm On Apr 02, 2017
Osaki07:
What still marvels me is that..how was she able to tamper with the phone imei?
it's not like the imei is an hardware..it's pre-programmed software(therefore cannot be tampared with easily)

she did something to the phone. I don't want to be the one to state what she could have done to the phone. I want other techy people in the house to state it.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by 3RNEST(m): 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

try and read it
it's stressful am on mobile...
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
mavinc4u:

she did something to the phone. I don't want to be the one to state what she could have done to the phone. I want other techy people in the house to state it.
Well..the basics knowledge of what i think might affect the imei of an android phone in particular..is when the user roots his/her device gaining him/her more access to the phone internal storage(ROM) and also granting him/her the ability to alter the initial rom of the device to be able to install custom rom.
but there's a downside to rooting..it could brick(system error,imei malfunction,blank screen,virus) the device,but such cases are rare though.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2017
grin which might be the case of our dear sister..

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2017
Osaki07:
Well..the basics knowledge of what i think might affect the imei of an android phone in particular..is when the user roots his/her device gaining him/her more access to the phone internal storage(ROM) and also granting him/her the ability to alter the initial rom of the device to be able to install custom rom.
but there's a downside to rooting..it could brick(system error,imei malfunction,blank screen,virus) the device,but such cases are rare though.

Thanks you are on point.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by pat1612(m): 11:57pm On Apr 02, 2017
If you have a lawyer please use him shocked

I dont know how imei number can be deleted or be missing from phone
Please if you take my suggestion fight for what is wrong cry
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2017
The phone i'm using is even rooted sef..but i know my boundries sha ooo!..
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 11:59pm On Apr 02, 2017
pat1612:
If you have a lawyer please use him shocked

I dont know how imei number can be deleted or be missing from phone
Please if you take my suggestion fight for what is wrong cry
Exactly..i wonder what kind of fault is this sef?!
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by jmichlins(m): 12:19am On Apr 03, 2017
She tried flashing the phone and that happened to corrupt the nvram folder and in turn wiped the phone baseband and imei. One over sabi guy don play ping pong with the phone

14 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Phace(m): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2017
Its not your fault, and Konga was wrong to have taken action whatsoever against you.

Regarding the phone, if you read the conditions upon which most of these phone companies hinge their warranty, you'll discover in most cases that a warranty does not cover a situation where the IMEI number had been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way. Where such is the case, there is no help for the buyer.

You have to be professional at all times, if she's rude and has no case, tell her blatantly even if the head of Konga is her father. You ought not call her back after informing her of the policy and subsequently, reporting to your superiors.

5 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by balogunsam(m): 12:28am On Apr 03, 2017
jmichlins:
She tried flashing the phone and that happened to corrupt the nvram folder and in turn wiped the phone baseband and imei. One over sabi guy don play ping pong with the phone

@Mavinc4u, this poster has said it all...she is not being totally honest. She, or someone close to her has tried to get all techy with the phone and messed it up forgetting its TC, not Tecno! Clients can be super funny...same way someone spilled tea on her laptop and came back to complain we sold her a bad laptop! Please stand for this and fight till the end! And as for Konga, legal is the way to go...oh and also social. They will adjust! Wish you the best, cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 12:48am On Apr 03, 2017
jmichlins:

Thanks you are on point too.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 12:51am On Apr 03, 2017
balogunsam:

@Mavinc4u, this poster has said it all...she is not being totally honest. She, or someone close to her has tried to get all techy with the phone and messed it up forgetting its TC, not Tecno! Clients can be super funny...same way someone spilled tea on her laptop and came back to complain we sold her a bad laptop! Please stand for this and fight till the end! And as for Konga, legal is the way to go...oh and also social. They will adjust! Wish you the best, cheers!

Thanks bro.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 1:01am On Apr 03, 2017
Phace:
Its not your fault, and Konga was wrong to have taken action whatsoever against you.

Regarding the phone, if you read the conditions upon which most of these phone companies hinge their warranty, you'll discover in most cases that a warranty does not cover a situation where the IMEI number had been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way. Where such is the case, there is no help for the buyer.

You have to be professional at all times, if she's rude and has no case, tell her blatantly even if the head of Konga is her father. You ought not call her back after informing her of the policy and subsequently, reporting to your superiors.

Thanks bro, my mistake was empathizing with her as I have always liked putting myself in customer shoes while making decisions.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by ikp120(m): 1:13am On Apr 03, 2017
Na wa for these customers sef. Abeg drag Konga go court. Make sure say you ask for damages o.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by RosaConsidine: 1:22am On Apr 03, 2017
Aaaactually, it's possible that a phone's IMEI could get spontaneously deleted. I'm talking from experience here. I've twice bought phones that after two weeks stopped getting network coverage and on running a minor diagnostics app, I found out that the phone's IMEI was gone. I hadn't rooted it or installed a custom ROM or recovery or anything. It just disappeared like that. I did a bit of research and found out that it usually happens with refurbished phones or phones that have been reported stolen.

Anyway, that's by the way. As a Konga merchant, all products have a return policy. Now I don't know what the return policy you set for the phone is (I personally don't set it over a week), but if she's still within the return period then she has grounds for returning it. However, if the returns period has passed, my brother get a lawyer and sue 'cos Konga done effed up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 1:26am On Apr 03, 2017
some customers are wicket!!!

can't we tag Konga!!!

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Opistorincos(m): 3:58am On Apr 03, 2017
bro, find a phone freak like myself, get the imei restored and return the phone to the nonchallant buyer and get paid by the biased company called konga
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Osaki07: 4:01am On Apr 03, 2017
Opistorincos:
bro, find a phone freak like myself, get the imei restored and return the phone to the nonchallant buyer and get paid by the biased company called konga
How??
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by dragnet: 4:16am On Apr 03, 2017
always keep it at the back of your mind that clients & patients never tell the whole truth...

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Opistorincos(m): 4:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Osaki07:
How??

by following this tutorial >> https://geek.ng/2015/03/how-to-change-your-htc-imei-in-detailed-steps.html but instead of changing to a blackberry imei, all you need to do is change to the default imei of the phone
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 03, 2017
RosaConsidine:
Aaaactually, it's possible that a phone's IMEI could get spontaneously deleted. I'm talking from experience here. I've twice bought phones that after two weeks stopped getting network coverage and on running a minor diagnostics app, I found out that the phone's IMEI was gone. I hadn't rooted it or installed a custom ROM or recovery or anything. It just disappeared like that. I did a bit of research and found out that it usually happens with refurbished phones or phones that have been reported stolen.

Anyway, that's by the way. As a Konga merchant, all products have a return policy. Now I don't know what the return policy you set for the phone is (I personally don't set it over a week), but if she's still within the return period then she has grounds for returning it. However, if the returns period has passed, my brother get a lawyer and sue 'cos Konga done effed up.

imei disappear?
send me the link of where u got ur research from

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 5:31am On Apr 03, 2017
mavinc4u:

Thanks. I created this thread for techy people to air their opinion as it would also be used. I know an organization that handles such and I would be transferring the case to them this week.
it's either the phone is refurbished or stolen, though their are some cases that leads to missing Imei, this is either by changing or altering it, however, konga should have act professionally. and to the girl she basically can't fix things with being rude and toutish, eventhough her bro works with konga, that's not a yardstick to be rude. Well sometimes as a seller you have to face an herculian task and problems like this, not all deals can go swiftly without the buyer complaining of one thing or the other, that's business, but frankly speaking get a lawyer to sue konga asss because they are the main problem.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cool Movies To Watch To Make Your Weekend Interesting - Direct Download Links / Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS / How To Download Videos From Youtube To Phone's Storage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.