Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy (5568 Views)

If You Installed Faceapp, You Should Be Aware Of Its Privacy Policy / Facebook Introduce Hate Speech Policy To Nigeria Facebook Users / Konga Black Friday Has Started!! Hurry And Grab Something For Yourself! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Adinije(f): 7:18am On Apr 03, 2017
The buyer must have tried tweaking the imei for the sake of cheap data angry
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 03, 2017
Adinije:
The buyer must have tried twerking the imei for the sake of cheap data angry
Twerking bawo grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Adinije(f): 8:12am On Apr 03, 2017
hoshodie:

Twerking bawo grin
Lol, I meant tweaking

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2017
Rextayne:
it's either the phone is refurbished or stolen, though their are some cases that leads to missing Imei, this is either by changing or altering it, however, konga should have act professionally. and to the girl she basically can't fix things with being rude and toutish, eventhough her bro works with konga, that's not a yardstick to be rude. Well sometimes as a seller you have to face an herculian task and problems like this, not all deals can go swiftly without the buyer complaining of one thing or the other, that's business, but frankly speaking get a lawyer to sue konga asss because they are the main problem.

Thanks. The phone is never refurbish nor stolen as I don't buy that type of phones to sell. The phone was purchased brand new sealed with the imei and everything in tact which was why she was able to use it before she tampered with the imei. It was that tampering that caused the phone to start malfunctioning.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by kally01(m): 9:35am On Apr 03, 2017
grin konga abi kongo dey craze dats the first thing secondly na awoof for cause am maybe aunty was trying to tweak the fone for free 1 gig see where it has landed her and bros abeg follow up on the matter no let ur money follow water because her broda na security for kongo

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2017
mavinc4u:

Thanks. The phone is never refurbish nor stolen as I don't buy that type of phones to sell. The phone was purchased brand new sealed with the imei and everything in tact which was why she was able to use it before she tampered with the imei. It was that tampering that caused the phone to start malfunctioning.
Obviously a phone can't just start malfunctioning without someone altering it, the buyer isn't honest, i have also used an HTC phone and i happen to root the device and install some disingenous softwares which brought genesis of problems to the phone, take the accurate steps and collect your money if they don't pay you, get a lawyer and sue the nuisance called konga, enough said.

2 Likes

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2017
RosaConsidine:
Aaaactually, it's possible that a phone's IMEI could get spontaneously deleted. I'm talking from experience here. I've twice bought phones that after two weeks stopped getting network coverage and on running a minor diagnostics app, I found out that the phone's IMEI was gone. I hadn't rooted it or installed a custom ROM or recovery or anything. It just disappeared like that. I did a bit of research and found out that it usually happens with refurbished phones or phones that have been reported stolen.

Anyway, that's by the way. As a Konga merchant, all products have a return policy. Now I don't know what the return policy you set for the phone is (I personally don't set it over a week), but if she's still within the return period then she has grounds for returning it. However, if the returns period has passed, my brother get a lawyer and sue 'cos Konga done effed up.

Thanks. The phone was/is never stolen nor refurship. Despite buying the phone from a reputable supplier, I always follow due diligence of checking with the company that manufactured the phone or using imeidata.net just to be sure of the product. The return window was 7days on konga, even my personal 1 month I give to customers had also elapsed. More than 20 of this phone has been sold without issue of missing imei of which 13 were sold on konga, hope you understand what I mean.

The Asian guy I spoke on phone at the HTC head office said the lady was either trying to flash or root the phone but got it all messed up and wiped the imei. Even when I told him to check the imei for me which I copied from the sticker on the back of the phone, he was sceptical about it but later accepted and checked. He informed me of the company the imei is assigned for any repair and said the lady should restore the imei first before they will accept it there for any repair. If it was a case of refurbish or stolen then it would have been pointed out by them.

I have personally messed up a phone like this while trying to unlock a phone with a software which would flash the phone in the process, the poor network in addition to continuous try messed up my phone. However, I didn't run to my supplier saying that they sold a phone without imei to me when I knew what I did to the phone, I only respected myself; disassembled the phone and sold them as parts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by sureteeboy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
I'm very much interested in this case. Sue their sorry azz and keep us updated with the proceedings. A friend of mine bought a faulty phone from a third party seller on Konga and the delivery fee was never refunded. I didn't even know who the culprit is in this case.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Adinije:
Lol, I meant tweaking
lol ikr cheesy
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 9:42pm On Apr 03, 2017
Mu surest business mama...who vex you like this?

Anyway, im sure the rud girl tampered with the imei using a software and doesnt wanna own up.

And its now i realised there is politics in konga.

Konga should just let your money go biko..

Didnt she check the whole phone rara ni?
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by RosaConsidine: 2:25am On Apr 04, 2017
udemzy101:

imei disappear?
send me the link of where u got ur research from

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1857054

That's one
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by RosaConsidine: 2:38am On Apr 04, 2017
mavinc4u:

Thanks. The phone was/is never stolen nor refurship. Despite buying the phone from a reputable supplier, I always follow due diligence of checking with the company that manufactured the phone or using imeidata.net just to be sure of the product. The return window was 7days on konga, even my personal 1 month I give to customers had also elapsed. More than 20 of this phone has been sold without issue of missing imei of which 13 were sold on konga, hope you understand what I mean.

The Asian guy I spoke on phone at the HTC head office said the lady was either trying to flash or root the phone but got it all messed up and wiped the imei. Even when I told him to check the imei for me which I copied from the sticker on the back of the phone, he was sceptical about it but later accepted and checked. He informed me of the company the imei is assigned for any repair and said the lady should restore the imei first before they will accept it there for any repair. If it was a case of refurbish or stolen then it would have been pointed out by them.

I have personally messed up a phone like this while trying to unlock a phone with a software which would flash the phone in the process, the poor network in addition to continuous try messed up my phone. However, I didn't run to my supplier saying that they sold a phone without imei to me when I knew what I did to the phone, I only respected myself; disassembled the phone and sold them as parts.

My sister, once the returns period has passed, you're basically cleared of responsibility for ANYTHING that has happened to the product. That returns period is a buffer to allow buyers test the product for faults or defects, and if they are not satisfied, they can return it. Not returning it within that period is basically saying "I am completely satisfied with the product and I take full legal responsibility for it". Even if the product has a manufacturer's warranty coverage period that's longer than your returns period, it is not your responsibility to get the product to the manufacturer once the returns period has expired - it's the buyer's. So you're not even the one to take it to HTC, it's the lady that's supposed to do that. I understand you wanting to help out as an after-sales add-on but I usually reserve that privilege for buyers I have a personal rapport with.

Please, take note of all correspondence between you, the lady and Konga as it would come in handy if you decide to take a legal stand on this issue. Wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by agentakins: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Konga appears to always takes side with buyers more than sellers. It is not the issue of the girl's relative is working with Konga. I'm also a Konga merchant. This is the major reason I set my items to NO WARRANTY. once you pay on delivery and you don't reject it, you can never return it whatsoever. When they call me to complain that the item size is too small or too large for them, I always ask them a question. "Who chose the size for you, na me? You made your choice. Anyway, I don't have any other size, I would have love to replace it for you" that is how I get them off my neck. When Konga contacts me, I bluntly tell them that my store is set to 'No return, No warranty' why should a buyer buys an item and ask for a refund or replacement after a week?
Just make sure your money is paid. Na jumia own worse pass. Jumia no go contact u at all, once a buyer returns an item, they will refund the buyer without contacting u, and remove the money from your weekly payment. Whether the buyer spoil am or not. E no concern them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 7:06pm On Apr 08, 2017
Is this case still on?? angry
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2017
Abduletudaye:
Is this case still on?? angry

It is still on, i will inform you on any update. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 1:31pm On May 01, 2017
mavinc4u:

It is still on, i will inform you on any update. Thanks

Mama, whats the Update?
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 3:15pm On May 01, 2017
Abduletudaye:

Mama, whats the Update?

I have been busy but I just submitted my petition last week so am waiting for their response because they will first contact konga to hear their part before calling us both on the final whistle. As for me, I stated 10 M for compensation because they really stressed me. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 4:01pm On May 01, 2017
mavinc4u:

I have been busy but I just submitted my petition last week so am waiting for their response because they will first contact konga to hear their part before calling us both on the final whistle. As for me, I stated 10 M for compensation because they really stressed me. Thanks

Nice one...i hope you have copies of those their policies and the one which it is was changed to?
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 6:09pm On May 01, 2017
Abduletudaye:

Nice one...i hope you have copies of those their policies and the one which it is was changed to?

Yeah, I attached everything to the letter I submitted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by tidedroid: 4:11am On May 02, 2017
if konga policy covers such issues why wouid they hold up ur money,seems weird
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 5:14am On May 02, 2017
I'm loving this...
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Ebubemg(m): 9:03pm On May 07, 2017
mavinc4u:

Yeah, I attached everything to the letter I submitted.
update us on how the matter is going
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by tosinjay(m): 12:04am On Jun 12, 2017
Reading this i just dey vex, madam mavinc4u, how this matter go? Na my hand i carry search your moniker com see this thread o as it's been a long time,

It's so annoying, 10m small sef. There's a reason jumia has set that after seal is broken for phone and no damage detected by the buyer within return period no case again. Konga can be so unprofessional.

Madam kindly update us.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 12:09am On Jun 12, 2017
tosinjay:
Reading this i just dey vex, madam mavinc4u, how this matter go? Na my hand i carry search your moniker com see this thread o,

It's so annoying, 10m small sef. There's a reason jumia has set that after seal is broken for phone and no damage detected by the buyer within return period no case again. Konga can be so unprofessional.

Madam kindly update us.

I have submitted a complaint letter against them but I have not been to their office to get full details because I travelled. I called them last week and I was told they have sent a copy of my complaint to konga and they are waiting for their response. I will visit their office once am back from travel to get more update.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by tosinjay(m): 12:21am On Jun 12, 2017
mavinc4u:

I have submitted a complaint letter against them but I have not been to their office to get full details because I travelled. I called them last week and I was told they have sent a copy of my complaint to konga and they are waiting for their response. I will visit their office once am back from travel to get more update.
In a very sane way, this is a sure means to sue them, konga favoritism towards customers just too much.
Please do and follow it up. They need to be thought something.

That's how one called me begging to ship an item on POD to a customer outside lagos who wanted item faster than their delivery company could handle. But i take responsibility for whatever happens to the item. I simply rejected and the lady asked that even if the money has to be paid first but paid to konga, i refused then she asked that "don't i trust konga" i affirmed to that. Case closed.

They need to be careful with issues with phones and the likes. So you couldn't reach the founder?
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2017
Update

jmichlins tosinjay Phace balogunsam and everyone else

CPC invited me and konga for mediation today. Konga's another lie was that the customer never used the phone at all that the missing imei was on the phone before the customer purchased. They claimed that they wanted a documented note from HTC showing that the imei of the phone was tampered by the user. CPC refused to listen my recorded conversation with HTC and refused to abide by the fact that konga's policy stated that phone with tampered imei cannot be returned. They instead said konga has provided 2 options; first is to settle the loss 50-50 and second is to get the documentation in order to get my full money with held with Konga and money for the damages. One of the konga staff has the guts to say *of course the lady has to use his brother's influence to get what she wants since she has someone working in konga* before one of the CPC staff interrupted him and said is bias. As it is the phone would either be sent to Australia for diagnosis documentation or see if it can be gotten online. I am still looking at CPC stand on the issue before moving to a better lawyer that would handle it.
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Opistorincos(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
mavinc4u:
Update

jmichlins tosinjay Phace balogunsam and everyone else

CPC invited me and konga for mediation today. Konga's another lie was that the customer never used the phone at all that the missing imei was on the phone before the customer purchased. They claimed that they wanted a documented note from HTC showing that the imei of the phone was tampered by the user. CPC refused to listen my recorded conversation with HTC and refused to abide by the fact that konga's policy stated that phone with tampered imei cannot be returned. They instead said konga has provided 2 options; first is to settle the loss 50-50 and second is to get the documentation in order to get my full money with held with Konga and money for the damages. One of the konga staff has the guts to say *of course the lady has to use his brother's influence to get what she wants since she has someone working in konga* before one of the CPC staff interrupted him and said is bias. As it is the phone would either be sent to Australia for diagnosis documentation or see if it can be gotten online. I am still looking at CPC stand on the issue before moving to a better lawyer that would handle it.

Imei issue is a small one that can be fixed if you search the internet well enough for solutions
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by mavinc4u(f): 7:16pm On Aug 30, 2017
Opistorincos:

Imei issue is a small one that can be fixed if you search the internet well enough for solutions

Thanks but I don't want to do anything on the phone. Konga's staff needs to be taught a lesson to always take business as business and family issue as family issue. It is obvious that they have been ripping their merchant's off but someone would definitely format their brain.

1 Like

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2017
Hmm, are you insinuating that konga is the worst service in terms of delivery.

And besides maybe the phone was manipulated by someone. Because there different ways I can clear an imei without rooting the phone.

She should have returned the phone immediately she knew she had that problem because I know that Jumia will never accept a return after 7 days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 7:31pm On Nov 04, 2017
fidalgo19:
Hmm, are you insinuating that konga is the worst service in terms of delivery.

And besides maybe the phone was manipulated by someone. Because there different ways I can clear an imei without rooting the phone.

She should have returned the phone immediately she knew she had that problem because I know that Jumia will never accept a return after 7 days.

I think SN write tool has that feature ba??

Anyway, it is well..
Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by stanboy28(m): 9:06pm On Nov 04, 2017
Osaki07:
Well..the basics knowledge of what i think might affect the imei of an android phone in particular..is when the user roots his/her device gaining him/her more access to the phone internal storage(ROM) and also granting him/her the ability to alter the initial rom of the device to be able to install custom rom.
but there's a downside to rooting..it could brick(system error,imei malfunction,blank screen,virus) the device,but such cases are rare though.
imei can be changed without root even.... As a pro... I can do Dat... It's sure the phone was tempered with

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Konga Withheld My Money. Turned Their Company Policy To A Family Policy by Abduletudaye(m): 9:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
stanboy28:
imei can be changed without root even.... As a pro... I can do Dat... It's sure the phone was tempered with

I concur

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Download Videos From Youtube To Phone's Storage / Gionee Marathon M4 / How Much To Unclock Icloud For Iphone6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.