Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London (2204 Views)

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader / A Muslim Nairalander Responds To Farouk's Problems: What Do You Think? / What Farouk Preached (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by ayusman16(m): 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
I wanna bet that this fool is Abuzola or his brother.
This is another case where is Islam is linked with terrorism.

The 23 year old would-be bomber of Northwest airline flight 253 has been identified as a Nigerian engineering student at a British university. Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab, tried to blow up a transatlantic aircraft nearing Detroit in a suspected al-Qaeda plot.

The Al-Qaida linked Nigerian, Abdul Farouk Abdulmutallab is an engineering student at University College London and the son of recently retired chairman of First Bank of Nigeria Dr. Umaru Abdul Mutallab.

The father of the bomber, Dr. Muttalab was born in 1939 in Katsina Township, the home state of Nigeria’spresident, Umaru Musa Yar’adua.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Horus(m): 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2009
I fear for our people because they never get in-depth knowledge of the religions that they get involved in, making it very easy to mislead them with fanaticism. By that I mean, the Muslims in Africa, that are converts, most of them do not and cannot read, write, and speak classical Arabic (Fusha) of the Qur’aan, so they are always depending on some foreign Arab source to interpret and explain this foreign religion to them.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2009
What a pity later they will say islam is a religion of peace.A religion where u call d name of God&then destroy d lives of innocent creatures of God.Do they think God will ever allow them peace destroying properties&wasting lives worthlessly?
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2009
Allahu Akbar was not associated with death, in the time of the prophet (AS). Those who say it and kill people have invented something different. Islam is complete before the prophet died. When a person is dying he/she should say Laa ilaha ilallah. Thats Sunnah.

Interestingly, killing is forbidden in Islam. Unjust killing is doubly forbidden. So those who kill unjustly and shout Allahu Akbar, their condition is not of Islam.

And suicide is forbidden, also.

If many in Islam are acting against Islam, it still does not take Islam from what it is. If all are cating contrary to Islam, it means they are hypocrites, saying they ae muslims only by their tongue! Their hearts are evil.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by reindeer: 10:34pm On Dec 26, 2009
So dear Alhaji

what are 'real' sensible muslims doing about people giving islam a bad name?
And i didnt exactly see you condemn the guy
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by mazaje(m): 11:19pm On Dec 26, 2009
reindeer:

So dear Alhaji

That exactly is my problem with the crazy and deluded slaves of the desert god of the arabs. . . .they never condemn terrorist only endlessly trying to defend Islam and claim that it doesn't support terrorism. . . .Will you slaves of allah learn to condemn terrorist or are all of you terrorist sympathizers?
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by luvola(m): 11:21pm On Dec 26, 2009
alhaji cant condemn him nah. islam is peace indeed
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by focused123(m): 1:13am On Dec 27, 2009
olabowale:

Allahu Akbar was not associated with death, in the time of the prophet (AS). Those who say it and kill people have invented something different. Islam is complete before the prophet died. When a person is dying he/she should say Laa ilaha ilallah. Thats Sunnah.

Interestingly, killing is forbidden in Islam. Unjust killing is doubly forbidden. So those who kill unjustly and shout Allahu Akbar, their condition is not of Islam.

And suicide is forbidden, also.

If many in Islam are acting against Islam, it still does not take Islam from what it is. If all are cating contrary to Islam, it means they are hypocrites, saying they ae muslims only by their tongue! Their hearts are evil.

For God's sake, how long will you keep denying facts and veracity ?? This Islamist slave have given Nigeria another bad name. Nigeria have no good name because desperate diaspora have given it horrible names due to their terrible activities such as prostitution, drug trafficking, illegal immigration, forgery, 419 and now this terrorist, have added another bad name which is Suicide bombing.

Honestly Islam is from the devil. Of course they cannot condemn terrorism because Islam itself is a terrorist cult and every Islamist have been commanded to carry out terrorism .

Islam = Terrorism + Ignorance + Religious Intolerance + Hate + Terror + Utter Stupidity AND BACKWARDNESS + Denial of FACTS + Denial of REALITY + Blame Others Syndrome.

I look forward to the day when this nasty cult called Islam will be eradicated from Nigeria. Enough is enough. Nonsense !!!!
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by olabowale(m): 1:29am On Dec 27, 2009
@Skyone: « #4 on: Yesterday at 10:34:21 PM »  
So dear Alhaji
Read my first post on the matter. I do not support evil, of any kind on anything! Please sir, Mr. Samuel (lol) dont humor me, since your deceit is obvious. I know you enough to know that nothing sincere is from your seemingly "genuine" question. For me, his father should have held him back in Nigeria, instead of mere reporting him to US Embassy, now the resultant outcome is not good. Or is it, from your strange mind, Skyone?

I love, relentlessly!
Oh, I pity the woman who falls for such an obvious lie! Pele. Otito koro.

@mazaje (m) « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:19:07 PM »  
That exactly is my problem with the crazy and deluded slaves of the desert god of the arabs. . . .they never condemn terrorist only endlessly trying to defend Islam and claim that it doesn't support terrorism. . . .Will you slaves of allah learn to condemn terrorist or are all of you terrorist sympathizers?
The dumb Finnish does not know more than just rants. I am not connected to allah. I dont know who your allah is. I am a slave, creation of Allah, the Almighty Creator! The Yorubas call Him Olorun. The Igbos call Him Chukwu. The Hausas call Him Obangiji! Where did you get lost in the maze of life? Stop the madness and go to sleep. Its late in the land of blondes and blue eyes! I hope you finally secure one for yourself, and make sure you are the husband, and bring her, finally to 9ja. 9ja is still your home. Believe it!  

@luvola: « #6 on: Yesterday at 11:21:59 PM »  
alhaji cant condemn him nah. islam is peace indeed
And the guy is not "abuzola" as you have entered. Lies are not signs of honorables. I had spoken my mind about his action and the inaction of his father! My responsibility is to myself. Then to my family. Then to my neighbors. then to the larger rings outwardly from me. You are one of the larger rings, and this is my reason of talking to you, man!
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by olabowale(m): 1:52am On Dec 27, 2009
@Focused123: « #7 on: Today at 01:13:47 AM »
For God's sake, how long will you keep denying facts and veracity ?? This Islamist slave have given Nigeria another bad name. Nigeria have no good name because desperate diaspora have given it horrible names due to their terrible activities such as prostitution, drug trafficking, illegal immigration, forgery, 419
List from here to Nigeria; is prostitution, drug trafficking, illegal immigration, forgery, 419 etc which one is exclusively Muslims here? Just show it to me, mr.

[qute]and now this terrorist, have added another bad name which is Suicide bombing.
[/quote]The oil terrorists from 9ja are not terrorists because they are local. I hear you focused. Please be focused, man!

[quote]Honestly Islam is from the devil.
honestly christianity is from the people of antioch. Oh sorry from human devils, who were disbelievers according to Jesus. So are you, focused, darn gentle, a name Jesus of the Biblewill not be ashamed to call you.

Of course they cannot condemn terrorism because Islam itself is a terrorist cult and every Islamist have been commanded to carry out terrorism .
The rage in you makes you blind that you are skipping a space before "period!" Cult is what you have in Nigerian Universities and among the Christian elites. Heck, Christianity is a cult!

Islam = Terrorism + Ignorance + Religious Intolerance + Hate + Terror + Utter Stupidity AND BACKWARDNESS + Denial of FACTS + Denial of REALITY + Blame Others Syndrome.
Christianity is all of what you say of islam, and more. Now add 3 gods, hanging god, human god, etc etc to Christianity!

I look forward to the day when this nasty cult called Islam will be eradicated from Nigeria. Enough is enough. Nonsense !!!!
How old are you, man? You will look forward and then you will wither off at old age. You will die and islam will wax stronger, even in the eastern part of Nigeria. And when you are raised up for Judgement, you will be from those who will receive their books by the left hand! That is the group of losers. Continue to hate, to Allah is your return. So is mine.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Tudor6(f): 6:34am On Dec 27, 2009
Islam is indeed the religion of peace piss
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Horus(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2009
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by ayusman16(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2009
@Olabowale

Your defence of terrorism is very shallow. I am yet to meet a Muslim who condemns it. It is obvious that terrorism and Islam are embeded. Islam followers fight for God. Why is that? Is Allah so powerless? I praise God everyday that i was not born a Muslim.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2009
@ayuusman.Former niger delta militant ALHAJI ASARI DOKUBO once in an interview, that he converted to islam to become a militant&defend nigerdeltans,after being a xtian.He said as a xtian,u re not allowed to kill,destroy/retaliate,but islam does allow u to fight&kill in d name of jihad.I ve no issue with his assertion.My question= IS THERE NO PORTION IN QURAN THAT SAYS GOD IS THE JUDGE IN ALL MATTERS? RATHER THAN TAKING VENGEANCE BY ONESELF? if we continue like this,d world would be void of people in d name of freedom fight&innocent people will suffer more
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 27, 2009
I am reposting here my contribution to the discourse in the Politics section:

I'm a Muslim and without any regrets, irrespective of the undoings of some bad eggs among us. As for those blabbing that every Muslim is a potential terrorist, I have grown beyond engaging those people and would rather ignore them.

Farouk's case is most likely to be a case of overzealousness or youthful exuberance or exaggerated piety. It is most condemnable and embarrassing.

As for his father, Alhaji Muttalab, I only pity the man. The man is arguably the north's most experienced banker and a former MD of UBA and until last week Chairman of First bank.

And the claim that he was the one that recommended Sanusi appears true. I remember reading the full story in, I think, TELL or Newswatch soem months ago. Yar'adua, worried by the situation in the banking sector, I read, contacted Muttalab as the north's leading and most experienced banker and asked him, who do you think can do the job effectively, and he advised yar'adua that he knew one boy, very brilliant and has a non-nonsense mien, hsi name is Lamido Sanusi. That was how Yar'adua invited SLS and spoke with him and got the job unsolicited.

Still on Farouk, the father had already raised alarm over some extreme religios views of the boy months ago, as reported in this Thisday report:

The older Mutallab was said to be devastated on hearing the news of Abdul Farouk's attempted bombing and arrest. A source close to him said he was surprised that after his reports to the US authorities, the young man was allowed to travel to the United States.

The family home of the Mutallabs in Central London, is currently being searched by men of the Metropolitan Police.
THISDAY checks reveal that the suspect, Abdulfarouk  Umar Muttalab who is an engineering student at the University College, London had been noted for his extreme views on religion since his secondary school days at the British International School, Lome, Togo.

At the secondary school, he was known for preaching about Islam to his school mates and he was popularly called “Alfa”, a local coinage for Islamic scholar. After his secondary school, the suspect went to University College London to study engineering and later relocated to Egypt, and then Dubai. While in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates, he declared to his family members that he did not want to have anything to do with any of them again.

On Sanusi, I have read much of Sanusi's writings on Islamic issues(many of which I still have on my system as I type now) and know his views and I'm pretty sure he will never approve suicide bombing of any form.

And on a personal note now, I always appreciate silverspoons trying to uphold their religious beliefs in the midst of distracting wealth. It's rare and most children from stupendously rich homes tend not to care about religion, Islam especially. However one trend I have observed these days, like the case of farouk, is that some of them go to the extreme. I remember reading how the son of a former governor of Kwara state also joined a boko-haramesque sect some years ago and was caught, alongside others, training in Adamawa/cameroun border. It's a pity.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by muhsin(m): 5:24pm On Dec 27, 2009
Greetings,

The fuses over that misfired terror attack really surprises me. Americans and their drones always do worst than that, for eg now in Yemen. The report is grossly under-reported. Wonder how?

I am a Muslim, and I wholly condemn such actions. Even the religion does the same.

But, above notwithstanding, you can't stop ignorants from spewing junks. . .as in this OP. When I first read it, my heart leaped. I was like reading something. . .and at the same time misunderstanding the words.

I know Abuzola, thought vaguely. But the the suspected attacker has no relation whatsoever with Abuzola. The only relationship I can think of is they profess the same faith. . .besides that there is nothing.

Lastly, I feel glad that nobody was hurt. May Allah protect us, amin.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by tinutayo1: 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2009
toba:

@ayuusman.Former niger delta militant ALHAJI ASARI DOKUBO once in an interview, that he converted to islam to become a militant&defend nigerdeltans,after being a xtian.He said as a xtian,u re not allowed to kill,destroy/retaliate,but islam does allow u to fight&kill in d name of jihad.I ve no issue with his assertion.My question= IS THERE NO PORTION IN QURAN THAT SAYS GOD IS THE JUDGE IN ALL MATTERS? RATHER THAN TAKING VENGEANCE BY ONESELF? if we continue like this,d world would be void of people in d name of freedom fight&innocent people will suffer more
i thought this forum was for intellectuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by ayusman16(m): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2009
No Muslim can wholeheartedly condemn terrorism. Trust me, av lived with them almst all my life. My friends, family, neighbors av been butchered in my presence by d northern/muslims. It is d most terrible religion.It is pure terror.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Jairzinho(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2009
olabowale:

You will die and islam will wax stronger, even in the eastern part of Nigeria. And when you are raised up for Judgement, you will be from those who will receive their books by the left hand! That is the group of losers. Continue to hate, to Allah is your return. So is mine.
Dream on dreamer. . . . . . .If wishes were horses like they say. . . . . .

Farouk Abdul Muttalab that has screwed up people's chances in the name of Islam will certainly win plenty of souls. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

Remove the jihad of Usman dan Fodio & the Ottoman turks . . .and you wouldn't have the confidence in numbers you currently have . . . . so unless Farouk & his ilk succeed in taking over Nigeria & force everyone to convert at gun (or bomb grin ) point. . . .[size=28pt]IT WILL NEVER,NEVER HAPPEN !!![/size]
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 28, 2009
muhsin:

I know Abuzola, thought vaguely. But the the suspected attacker has no relation whatsoever with Abuzola. The only relationship I can think of is they profess the same faith. . .besides that there is nothing.

you are so lying through your teeth
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by ayusman16(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2009
they ar so dumb 2 think straight. THEY ARE LIKE SHEEPS DAT FOLLOWS ALL DIRECTIONS LED BY D SHERPARD.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 28, 2009
Abdul's was pure terrorism.It was analyzed on france 24 tv, how systematic d whole plan was to be carried out.D wicked boy was said to hav collected d powerderis bomb in amsterdam&planned to do evil on board.But pple are wicked, who are d pple dat told lies to dis boy to destroy others? Are they religious baron or pure terrorist
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by muhsin(m): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
tpia.:

you are so lying through your teeth

Then justify your pontification.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2009
ayusman16:

they ar so dumb 2 think straight. THEY ARE LIKE SHEEPS DAT FOLLOWS ALL DIRECTIONS LED BY D SHERPARD.

hmmm seh na so
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by olabowale(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2009
@Jairzinho: « #18 on: Yesterday at 10:20:00 PM »
Dream on dreamer. . . . . . .If wishes were horses like they say. . . . . .

Farouk Abdul Muttalab that has screwed up people's chances in the name of Islam will certainly win plenty of souls. . .

Remove the jihad of Usman dan Fodio & the Ottoman turks . . .and you wouldn't have the confidence in numbers you currently have . . . . so unless Farouk & his ilk succeed in taking over Nigeria & force everyone to convert at gun (or bomb ) point. . . .IT WILL NEVER,NEVER HAPPEN !!!
While you are complaining Mr. Williams has become Muslim (ALhamdulillah) through his daughter Oluwaseyi. In Ijebu Ode, there was no Fodio, Ottoman turks was not there either! Silly historian. And InshaAllah my dream is a reality. And I did not say all humans will become Muslims. Hell will have to cosume some people; non Muslims! That I cant do anything about. Its a forgone conclusion.

Jihad simply means struggle. Duuh.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by ayusman16(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2009
olabowale:

@Jairzinho: « #18 on: Yesterday at 10:20:00 PM » While you are complaining Mr. Williams has become Muslim (ALhamdulillah) through his daughter Oluwaseyi. In Ijebu Ode, there was no Fodio, Ottoman turks was not there either! Silly historian. And InshaAllah my dream is a reality. And I did not say all humans will become Muslims. Hell will have to cosume some people; non Muslims! That I cant do anything about. Its a forgone conclusion.

The most stupid post av ever read coming from a stupid follower of a stupid violent religion of a dead powerless god.
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by reindeer: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2009
Frankly
im just so tired of terrorism and its islamic links
i await the day we will read something good coming out of islam to the world smiley
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by Jairzinho(m): 12:16am On Dec 29, 2009
olabowale:

@Jairzinho: While you are complaining Mr. Williams has become Muslim (ALhamdulillah) through his daughter Oluwaseyi.
(Note Im NOT complaining)I have responded to this here : https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=372599.msg5204917#msg5204917

olabowale:

In Ijebu Ode, there was no Fodio, Ottoman turks was not there either! Silly historian. And InshaAllah my dream is a reality. And I did not say all humans will become Muslims. Hell will have to cosume some people; non Muslims! That I cant do anything about. Its a forgone conclusion.
Im aware what jihad means & Im sure almost everyone that has a TV or radio understands. How I pray you did islam get to SW nigeria,before ultimately getting to your village cum town -Ijebu-ode I know you will argue vigorously its not a village cheesy?
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by AbuZola3(m): 3:34pm On Dec 29, 2009
@op, you are a hypocrite
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by No2Atheism(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2009
Abuzola is back . . . in house comedy continues in earnest . . . grin
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by No2Atheism(m): 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
ayusman16:

@Olabowale

Your defence of terrorism is very shallow. I am yet to meet a Muslim who condemns it. It is obvious that terrorism and Islam are embeded. Islam followers fight for God. Why is that? Is Allah so powerless? I praise God everyday that i was not born a Muslim.

Word . . .

- In all sincerity . . . there are muslims that condemn terrorism . . . however it must be noted that those muslims are most probably not practising muslims cus the reality is that: it is impossible to be true muslim that tries to emulate mohammed without doing what mohammed did i.e. terrorism . . . grin

Hence dear audience it is on this note that i say that:

Edit:

Terrorism is part and parcel of islam . . . removing one results in the death of the other . . .cus without terrorism or violence, there would have been no islam, mohammed would not have overrun Mecca, hence there would probably have been no islam and hence Abuzola would not be a muslim today . . . grin grin grin

QED  grin
Re: Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London by AbuZola3(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
keep quiet dude, i saw your recent comment that am deadly or whatsoever, yeah am deadly to puppets and anti islamist, you can can ask mukina or whosoever banned me what he/she is going through at this moment, outright disorder, be my guest.

No2Atheism:

Word . . .

- In all sincerity . . . there are muslims that condemn terrorism . . . however it must be noted that those muslims are most probably not practising muslims cus the reality is that: it is impossible to be true muslim that tries to emulate mohammed without doing what mohammed did i.e. terrorism . . . grin

Hence dear audience it is on this note that i say that:

Terrorism is part and parcel of islam . . . removing one results in the death of the other . . .cus without terrorism or violence, there would have been no islam, mohammed would not have overrun Mecca, Abuzola would not be a muslim . . . grin grin grin

QED grin

Have you ever asked yourself why this jihadist sworn to attack the U.S ? mind you farouk took the flight from amsterdam , do you think we will watch you in silent raping our women in Abu Ghuraib and iraq + afghanistan , killing innocent civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan and Iraq, pakistan and yemen, and expect peace, piss my foot.

The same way you kill our civilians so is the same way you should expect that, its tit fir tat.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Invite U,lagosshia To Arguement / Muslims Can I Ask You Some Questions? / Why Is Saudi Regime Silent On The Ongoing Genocide Of Rohingyah Muslims:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.