Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

You Can Now Share Your Live Location With Family and Friends on Faceb Messenger - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Share Your Live Location With Family and Friends on Faceb Messenger (511 Views)

Whatsapp’s Live Location Feature Lets Friends Track Each Other In Real Time / Whatsapp To Introduce ‘live Location Tracking’ In Real Time / Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Can Now Share Your Live Location With Family and Friends on Faceb Messenger by Reediano(m): 4:03am On Apr 03, 2017

Facebook just added a new feature to the messenger app. This will make it possible for users of share their live location with friends. The new feature which is called live Location Sharing is powered by Google map.

The new live Location Sharing is pretty similar to Whatsapp's Live location tracking and it let's you share your current location with selected people. You can choose to share your location with a group of friends and families or just to a single person. And there is also an option to stop it at anytime.

Your shared location will only be available for 24hours and a small count down clock is available to tell you how long you have left. Anytime you share your location, both you and whoever you share it with will be able to see the estimated time it will take you to get to their location by car.

If you don't want to share your current location, you have the option to share a static point on the map. To share a static location, click on the location pin and then tap on the red pin at the top right corner of the screen. After that just search for the location or just drag and drop the pin on any part of the map.

This feature is available to both iOS and Android users. It's also been rolled out globally, so just head over to your app store and update your messenger app to the latest version.

http://www.yomitech.com/2017/04/share-your-current-location-on-facebook-messenger.html

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Phone From Damaging My Files / Which Phone Can I Get For N20000 / Microsoft Releases A Sneek Peak Of Its Redesigned Ui

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.