Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,436 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? (4105 Views)

Who Died . Jesus Or His Body ?? / Man Orders Boss To Sign Document In The Name Of Jesus Or He Dies / Christians And Muslims: Let's Study Prophet Mohammad's Biography By Ibn Ishaq (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 5:29am On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

you want to use operation dodge to run away from my question, let me answer ur question;

I don't need to lecture you on who is God. "God" is English language word.

God sent his messengers to all people with different tribes, nations, languages, etc

God sent Abraham to his people with their language;

God sent Moses to his people with their language,

God sent Jesus Christ to his people with their language that was the reason he said in Matthew 15:24;
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

When Jesus was on the cross, he spoke his language of his people, he said Matthew 27:46;

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Also God sent the last Prophet Muhammad (saw) from Arabian country which their language is Arabic. In the bible god has promised that he would raise the people who will serve God with one language;

Zephaniah 3:9;
For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

So, Arabic Language is the language of the last prophet whom God sent to all mankind. In Arabian peninsular there are Christians, jews, etc. If they want to translate the name of their God to Arabic language, they would call it Allah bcoz Allah is the language for Arabian people. Go and find Arabic Bible, what you will is Allah in the bible which translate to God.

Also, the word "muslim" is an Arabic language which translate to "one who submitted to God"
Moses was a Muslim mean Moses was submitted to God;
Jesus was a Muslim mean Jesus was submitted to God.

Finally, Allah is/was not translate to Yahweh in Arabic language. so we cant use it in Islam bcoz is not Arabic word

Am expecting my answer

Choi, I just feel like grabbing pop corn and zobo drink. Well done sir. Expectedly, he kept running upandan without keeping his own side of the bargain.

Was Abraham a Jew?

Infact, I'm also interested in that Mathew 15:24.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by alBHAGDADI: 5:41am On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

God sent his messengers to all people with different tribes, nations, languages, etc

God sent Moses to his people with Their language,
Then why is God Now sending Mohammad to Americans, Africans, Europeans and Asians with an alien Arabic language? grin
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 5:54am On Apr 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Then why is God Now sending Mohammad to Americans, Africans, Europeans and Asians with an alien Arabic language? grin

He had addressed that in this quote

For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the Lord, to serve him with one consent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by alBHAGDADI: 6:26am On Apr 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:

He had addressed that in this quote

if you read the entire chapter from verse 1 to the last, you will realise that God was talking to Israel and not you ishmaelites Arabs.

Zephaniah chapter 3

The Judgment on Jerusalem

1 Woe to her that is filthy and polluted, to the oppressing city!
2 She obeyed not the voice; she received not correction; she trusted not in the LORD; she drew not near to her God.
3 Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.
5 The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.
6 I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.
7 I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
8 Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Purification of the Nations
9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.
10 From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.
11 In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
12 I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.
13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
Israel's Restoration
14 Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15 The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.
16 In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
18 I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.
19 Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.
20 At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:59am On Apr 04, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

I don't know why you like this now, you said you wouldn't entertain my question until I answer your question but now I have answered your Question and instead you to answer my question you are now running up and down.

I will repeat my question again before I expose you because Muhammad (saw) and Jesus (as) prechead the same message until Christianity was founded

My questions again;

1. WAS ABRAHAM A JEWS OR CHRISTIAN?

You said Christianity is not a religion but a way to life.

2 Who was the founder of christianity? Was it Jesus or Paul?

Jesus said in Matthew 27:46;

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

3. why Jesus not shouted "Yahweh, Yahweh, lema sabachthani? " on the cross

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 7:22am On Apr 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Choi, I just feel like grabbing pop corn and zobo drink. Well done sir. Expectedly, he kept running upandan without keeping his own side of the bargain.

Was Abraham a Jew?

Infact, I'm also interested in that Mathew 15:24.
Thks my brorher.
Allah said in the quran 3:65-67;

65. O People of the Scripture, why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Then will you not reason?

66. Here you are - those who have argued about that of which you have [some] knowledge, but why do you argue about that of which you have no knowledge? And Allah knows, while you know not.

67. Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

Neither "Judaism" nor "Christianity" is found in the Bible or in a Bible dictionary. No Israelite prophet said the word "Judaism." Jesus never claimed to establish Christianity and never called himself a Christian.

The word "Christian" is mentioned only three times in the New Testament and first by pagans and Jews in Antioch about 43 A.D., long after Jesus had left this earth.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2017
@albhadadi
Where are you now, come and finish what you started or your Holy Spirit has witnessed recession

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by biomustry: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:
@albhadadi
Where are you now, come and finish what you started or your Holy Spirit has witnessed recession
I guess albagdadi opened another thread, na dia way b dat

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by updatemachine: 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
You see... That's why I stopped arguing with most xtrians both online and offline...

They so much love attacking with questions which even after the Muslim answers, they won't be satisfied... But when a Muslim drops a question they will keep pushing the question away by giving you another question while theirs is unanswered..

So pathetic.. Weldone @ khalling2008

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Khalling2008,

Moses gave the total number of the years of the sojourn of the children of Israel in Egypt as 430 years. Counting from the year of Exodus backwards, this 430-year period includes the Abraham sojourn in Canaan (which was under Egypt then). Moses, thus, subtly implied that the nation of Israel began with Abraham, and not Jacob.

That said, Abraham was a Hebrew.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:
Khalling2008,

Moses gave the total number of the years of the sojourn of the children of Israel in Egypt as 430 years. Counting from the year of Exodus backwards, this 430-year period includes the Abraham sojourn in Canaan (which was under Egypt then). Moses, thus, subtly implied that the nation of Israel began with Abraham, and not Jacob.

That said, Abraham was a Hebrew.
Can you prove how Abraham was a Hebrew? Because Hebrew was a language not tribe or religion

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

Can you prove how Abraham was a Hebrew? Because Hebrew was a language not tribe or religion

Abraham was a Hebrew because he was a descendent of Eber, and also because he crossed to the other side(Ever) of Euphrates.

Read up on it.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
albhadadi@i was disappointed in this guy, how can you open what you can not defend, not withstanding I will continue to prove how the message of our Prophet (saw) and Jesus (as) was the same thing and how the founder of Christianity, Paul, persecuted the disciples of Jesus and all the Paul lies

3 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:36pm On Apr 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Abraham was a Hebrew because he was a descendent of Eber, and also because he crossed to the other side(Ever) of Euphrates.

Read up on it.
prove yourself then? Hebrew was a language of jew

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

Abraham was called a Hebrew in the Bible. Common sense should tell you that Abraham was not called a language.

Browse about the first Hebrew.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 6:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

Well done sir.

Apparently, alBHAGDADI (or whatever he calls himself) has taken off.

His own case is even better, at least he did not insult, unlike the rest who will start throwing tantrums at this stage when their falsehood is being exposed.

May The Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Abraham was called a Hebrew in the Bible. Common sense should tell you that Abraham was not called a language.

Browse about the first Hebrew.
Mr man, you are mature enough to prove yourself now, if you can't bring verses from Bible to support you claim,just keep quiet and enrol for Bible school

5 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by DoctorAlien(m): 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

Mr man, you are mature enough to prove yourself now, if you can't bring verses from Bible to support you claim,just keep quiet and enrol for Bible school

I think the only claim I made which needs a Bible verse as proof is "Abraham was called a Hebrew in the Bible."

So check Genesis 14:13.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

grin grin grin
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Well done sir.

Apparently, alBHAGDADI (or whatever he calls himself) has taken off.

His own case is even better, at least he did not insult, unlike the rest who will start throwing tantrums at this stage when their falsehood is being exposed.

May The Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.
Amin,

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
khalling2008:

I don't know why you like this now, you said you wouldn't entertain my question until I answer your question but now I have answered your Question and instead you to answer my question you are now running up and down.

I will repeat my question again before I expose you because Muhammad (saw) and Jesus (as) prechead the same message until Christianity was founded

My questions again;

1. WAS ABRAHAM A JEWS OR CHRISTIAN?

You said Christianity is not a religion but a way to life.

2 Who was the founder of christianity? Was it Jesus or Paul?

Jesus said in Matthew 27:46;

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

3. why Jesus not shouted "Yahweh, Yahweh, lema sabachthani? " on the cross

First, we need to agree on a few things:
1. Do you accept that the Bible you’re quoting from is uncorrupted?
2. Can we stick to the issues at hand and deal with them fully before bringing in any other issue?

Abraham was a Hebrew. He is the biological ancestor of the Jews. His descendants came to be known as Israelites. Much later in Israel’s history they began to be associated with the word ‘Jew’. By the time of the New Testament this same word – ‘Jew’ - began to be uses interchangeably to refer to the children of Jacob. Jesus Christ is referred to as “king of the Jews” in Matt. 27:37.
Abraham believed in and worshipped YAHWEH, the Eternal God. This same God came to be referred to as ‘the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob’. It is this same God Christians worship today.

Christianity is from the word ‘Christ’. In other words it is derived from Jesus Christ. So, the simple answer then is that “Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2) is the founder of Christianity. He had categorically stated that he will build his church and the gates of hell will not overcome it – Matthew 16: 18. Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Christians; they derive their name from him because they serve and worship him. That name – Christianity – gives focus to the one who owns the faith. Jesus started it and owns it: Peter, Paul and the other Apostles and disciples ran with the ‘vision’.

Jesus was the God-man which means while on earth he had the two natures – divine and human - in one person. As man therefore, he expressed human attributes – hunger, thirst, etc. He needed to be man to be able to die for the sin of mankind. He was the PERFECT and SINLESS ‘Lamb of God’ who on the cross took the punishment for man’s sin. In his humanity he was lower than God the Father. When on the cross he experienced loss of intimacy with the Father, it was legitimate for him to cry “My God, my god, why have you forsaken me?”

“I am the way and the truth and the life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through me” John 14:6

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 8:18pm On Apr 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I think the only claim I made which needs a Bible verse as proof is "Abraham was called a Hebrew in the Bible."

So check Genesis 14:13.
good, if you are in comparative dialogue, you need to back yourself with reference from Bible.

Quran still maintain its stand that Abraham was not jews OR christian;

Quran 3:67

Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was one inclining toward truth, a Muslim [submitting to Allah ]. And he was not of the polytheists.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 4:06am On Apr 05, 2017
plainbibletruth:
[/size]

First, we need to agree on a few things:
1. Do you accept that the Bible you’re quoting from is uncorrupted?
2. Can we stick to the issues at hand and deal with them fully before bringing in any other issue?

Abraham was a Hebrew. He is the biological ancestor of the Jews. His descendants came to be known as Israelites. Much later in Israel’s history they began to be associated with the word ‘Jew’. By the time of the New Testament this same word – ‘Jew’ - began to be uses interchangeably to refer to the children of Jacob. Jesus Christ is referred to as “king of the Jews” in Matt. 27:37.
Abraham believed in and worshipped YAHWEH, the Eternal God. This same God came to be referred to as ‘the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob’. It is this same God Christians worship today.

Abraham was not a Jew, the name "Jew" came after the existence of Judah, the great-grandson of Abraham. Read further, Genesis 12:4 and 5.

Check Genesis 32:28 what happened to the name of Jacob after wrestling with an angel (or with GOD as in some versions of the Bible).
The descendants of Jacob were Israelites consisting of the twelve tribes. Judah was nicknamed "Jew" so that only Judah's descendants were called Jews originally.

That's reason Allan said in Quran 3:65
O People of the Scripture (jews & Christian), why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Then will you not reason?
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt]

[b]Christianity is from the word ‘Christ’. In other words it is derived from Jesus Christ. So, the simple answer then is that “Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith” (Hebrews 12:2) is the founder of Christianity.
The word "Christian" is mentioned only three times in the New Testament and first by pagans and Jews in Antioch about 43 A.D., long after Jesus had left this earth.

The teachings of Jesus were based on the Law,
Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
yet the Law is rejected by Christians today, so how could they be called Christians?

Moreover, the “Christians” do not follow the Gospel of Jesus; they follow the Gospel of Paul. The Nazarenes and Ebionties were followers of Jesus’ Gospel, which no longer exists today.
plainbibletruth:
[size=6pt][/size]

[b] He had categorically stated that he will build his church and the gates of hell will not overcome it – Matthew 16: 18. Jesus Christ is the Lord of the Christians; they derive their name from him because they serve and worship him. That name – Christianity – gives focus to the one who owns the faith. Jesus started it and owns it: Peter, Paul and the other Apostles and disciples ran with the ‘vision’.

Paul was not part of disciples of Jesus Christ.
Paul gave evidence that he was building a new religion, a complete deviation from Jesus’ teachings:

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: (Romans 15:20)

The “Christians” of today are not implementing the teachings of their “lord and savior” (see John 8:31) The Nazarenes/Ebionites never degraded Jesus by calling him “lord and savior”; they considered him a great Prophet and Messenger

The Pauline “Christians” that exist today do not follow Christ, they should be called Paulians. The true Christians were the Nazarenes and Ebionites that no longer exist.

Let me give you Historical Quotes Concerning Paul and his doctrines from Historians, Philosophers and Theologians:

“If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they need look no further than Paul”

-- The English philosopher Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832)

“We have already noted that every teaching of Jesus was already in the literature of the day….. Paul, the founder of Christianity, the writer of half the NT, almost never quotes Jesus in his letters and writings." (Professor Smith in his “The World Religions”, p 330)

Paul degraded Jesus in the following verses:

"Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God", (Hebrews 6:1,)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by aminusanti(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2017
khalling2008:

you want to use operation dodge to run away from my question, let me answer ur question;

God sent Moses to his people with their language,

God sent Jesus Christ to his people with their language that was the reason he said in Matthew 15:24;
He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

When Jesus was on the cross, he spoke his language of his people, he said Matthew 27:46;

About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Eli, Eli,[a] lema sabachthani?” (which means “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”).

Also God sent the last Prophet Muhammad (saw) from Arabian country which their language is Arabic. In the bible god has promised that he would raise the people who will serve God with one language;

So, Arabic Language is the language of the last prophet whom God sent to all mankind. In Arabian peninsular there are Christians, jews, etc. If they want to translate the name of their God to Arabic language, they would call it Allah bcoz Allah is the language for Arabian people. Go and find Arabic Bible, what you will is Allah in the bible which translate to God.

Also, the word "muslim" is an Arabic language which translate to "one who submitted to God"
Moses was a Muslim mean Moses was submitted to God;
Jesus was a Muslim mean Jesus was submitted to God.

Finally, Allah is/was not translate to Yahweh in Arabic language. so we cant use it in Islam bcoz is not Arabic word

Am expecting my answer
Bro may Allah reward you for your effort ..pls try not to waste too much on this clown (alBHAGDADI), he is well known for his foolishness, lack of reasoning and selfish arguments. bear in mind you will never get a reasonable answer for any queries that u raised and plan to raise.. wassallm

6 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by aminusanti(m): 7:21am On Apr 05, 2017
updatemachine:
You see... That's why I stopped arguing with most xtrians both online and offline...

They so much love attacking with questions which even after the Muslim answers, they won't be satisfied... But when a Muslim drops a question they will keep pushing the question away by giving you another question while theirs is unanswered..

So pathetic.. Weldone @ khalling2008
Absolutely True

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LionDeLeo: 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2017
Plainbibletruth, alBHAGDADI, where una dey na? Pls I'm really enjoying this debate.

Khalling2008, May the blessings of The Almighty Allah be on you sir. May he increase your knowledge several folds.

4 Likes

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
khalling2008

That's reason Allan said in Quran 3:65
O People of the Scripture (jews & Christian), why do you argue about Abraham while the Torah and the Gospel were not revealed until after him? Then will you not reason?

My previous post had addressed this issue. Unless you come out clearly with your point of disagreement it will be impossible for people to know your particular argument.

For example, can you say that your forbear who lived 1000 years ago is a citizen of the country you belong to today even though you live in the same geographical location he lived in? The answer may be NO! But does that diminish your genealogy? The answer again is NO!

One thing is certain; Abraham is much more related to the Jews of today than he is to many Arabs. The God he served is the one he passed on to them (the Jews) to serve. The Torah and the Gospels which came before the Quran clearly show us the relationship between Abraham and the Jews and their God – YAHWEH.

Is Islam’s God YAHWEH?

The teachings of Jesus were based on the Law,
Matthew 5:17
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."
yet the Law is rejected by Christians today, so how could they be called Christians?

Moreover, the “Christians” do not follow the Gospel of Jesus; they follow the Gospel of Paul. The Nazarenes and Ebionties were followers of Jesus’ Gospel, which no longer exists today.
Again, one does not know your clear issue on “CHRISTIAN” or “Christianity”; whether your grouse is with the name or with something else. The Christian goes by many names – e.g. if you say ‘church’ it refers to Christians, same with other ‘names’. The Christian is however not fixated on mere name or terminology. The CORE issue is who and what the Christian believes in.
Irrespective of whatever name a Christian group calls itself, one cardinal thing is this:

They believe that Jesus Christ is the Saviour who came to pay the ransom for the sin of mankind.

- Is the Muslim saved from sin?
- Does Islam provide any assurance now of eternal salvation or is it a maybe, maybe not religion?

Paul was not part of disciples of Jesus Christ.
Paul gave evidence that he was building a new religion, a complete deviation from Jesus’ teachings:

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation: (Romans 15:20)

The “Christians” of today are not implementing the teachings of their “lord and savior” (see John 8:31) The Nazarenes/Ebionites never degraded Jesus by calling him “lord and savior”; they considered him a great Prophet and Messenger

The Pauline “Christians” that exist today do not follow Christ, they should be called Paulians. The true Christians were the Nazarenes and Ebionites that no longer exist.

Let me give you Historical Quotes Concerning Paul and his doctrines from Historians, Philosophers and Theologians:

“If Christianity needed an Anti-Christ, they need look no further than Paul”

-- The English philosopher Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832)

“We have already noted that every teaching of Jesus was already in the literature of the day….. Paul, the founder of Christianity, the writer of half the NT, almost never quotes Jesus in his letters and writings." (Professor Smith in his “The World Religions”, p 330)

Whether Paul was ORIGINALLY part of the disciples of Jesus Christ is irrelevant.
The billions of today’s Christians were not part of the original disciples but AT A POINT IN TIME they came to BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and became part of his disciples. Paul had the same encounter.
The book of the Acts of the Apostles – which, by the way, was NOT WRITTEN BY PAUL – shows clearly that he ASSOCIATED WITH the Church and other Apostles; the Christians.

The issue then is: who do we believe – your historical quotes or what the Bible clearly says of Paul?

Apostle Peter in 2 Peter 3:15 referred to this same Paul and acknowledged his writings – “… just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given to him [by God].”

So, when a credible eye witness writes about a man, and a philosopher, separated from the person by over a thousand years writes, whose report should you believe?

Did Paul MENTION Jesus Christ in his teachings? Yes
Did he mention him sparingly or frequently? Very frequently
Did he say Jesus Christ was not the saviour? No
Did he say he did not believe in Jesus? No

So, where does the idea of Paul ‘building a new religion’ come from?

It is the teachings of Jesus Christ given through these Apostles that Christians follow today. Christians are implementing the teachings of their Lord and Saviour. He himself summarised it as follows: Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbour as yourself – Matthew 22:37.

So do Christians say that they disagree with this summary by Jesus of his teachings for you to say that:
“The “Christians” of today are not implementing the teachings of their “lord and saviour”” ?

The Christian loves all persons – friends or enemies.

Does Islam and the quran teach love for enemies, even those who come against you outrightly and directly?

Paul degraded Jesus in the following verses:

"Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God", (Hebrews 6:1,)
Obviously you cannot understand the Bible if you think you can easily pick and choose verses at will. It is more well organised than that.
In addition, who told you Paul wrote the book you quoted from?

Jesus is the ONLY WAY to God. That is the hard truth. You need to follow him.
You may not have had a choice going into Islam but you certainly can have a choice in deciding your eternal destiny by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ.
You don’t have to become irrational in blind defence of a religion that promises you no guaranteed eternity with God.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his uniquely born Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life” John 3:16
“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey [the command to believe] the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him” John 3:36

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 7:02am On Apr 06, 2017
@plainbibletruth; I don't want to quote all your post but I will reply you in A, B and C.

Reply A base on Abraham;

I am trying to let you understand is that Abraham was not a jews, Abraham was born in Ur of Chaldees could not have been a Jew. First because Ur of Chaldees was in Mesopotamia, which is now a part of Iraq. He was then more an Arab than a Jew. Secondly the name "Jew" came after the existence of Judah, the great-grandson of Abraham. Read further, Genesis 12:4 and 5.

Reply B base on Jesus Christ (as)

Jesus was not the founder of Christianity as we know it today. The teachings of Jesus were based on the Law, Matthew 5:17;

The message of Jesus was pure and simple, the complete submission and surrender to God alone. He preached the religion of Islam; he fasted and prayed in the manner taught by the Prophets before him. He abstained from eating pork and drinking wine.

The Apostle Paul and his followers define what became Christianity.
After Jesus, christianity was formed by Paul in Acts 11:26;

....and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by khalling2008: 7:10am On Apr 06, 2017
@plainbibletruth;
Reply C base on Paul and disciples;

Christians think that the apostles and Paul were preaching the same doctrine and everyone believed in the divine Jesus who came to be crucified for the sins of the world. However, if one examines the bible carefully, that person would observe that Paul and the disciples were not preaching the same doctrine and did not believe in the same Jesus.

The Apostles in Jerusalem heard that Paul has been preaching a different doctrine in Galatia and Corinthia. Paul was telling them not to follow the law anymore and that they don’t have to eat kosher meat anymore or to be circumcised (according to Genesis 17::14, the covenant is broken if there is no circumcision) etc.

So the Apostles went to Galatia and Corinthia and convinced everyone that Paul is wrong, when Paul heard about this he went straight back to the cities………

Galatians 1:6;
I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel

It says different Gospel, so obviously the disciples were teaching them a different doctrine and it was not just minor issues.

Galatians 2:11-21

Paul Opposes Peter

11 When Peter came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he was clearly in the wrong.

12 Before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group. ( why did people such as the Apostle James still believe that the law regarding food should still be applied? If Jesus came to replace the law, then why are they still following the law?)

13 The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray. (so, Peter, James and Barnabas are wrong?)

14 When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter in front of them all, "You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners'

16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified. ( why are they arguing over following the law or not? Why are they not in agreement of doctrine?)

17 "If, while we seek to be justified in Christ, it becomes evident that we ourselves are sinners, does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!

18 If I rebuild what I destroyed, I prove that I am a lawbreaker.

19 For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

21 I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Paul condemns all Jewish Christians including Peter and Barnabas. We only have Paul’s side of the story but Peter’s recollection of this story is not given to us in the New Testament.

Peter truly would have known Jesus better than Paul. There is dispute whether 1 Peter is a letter written by Peter and almost all scholars, ancient and modern agree that 2 Peter is not a letter written by Peter.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by plainbibletruth: 7:37am On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008:
@plainbibletruth; I don't want to quote all your post but I will reply you in A, B and C.

Reply A base on Abraham;

I am trying to let you understand is that Abraham was not a jews, Abraham was born in Ur of Chaldees could not have been a Jew. First because Ur of Chaldees was in Mesopotamia, which is now a part of Iraq. He was then more an Arab than a Jew. Secondly the name "Jew" came after the existence of Judah, the great-grandson of Abraham. Read further, Genesis 12:4 and 5.

Jesus was not the founder of Christianity as we know it today. The teachings of Jesus were based on the Law, Matthew 5:17;

The message of Jesus was pure and simple, the complete submission and surrender to God alone. He preached the religion of Islam; he fasted and prayed in the manner taught by the Prophets before him. He abstained from eating pork and drinking wine.

....and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
This is not yet a full response from me.

That will come later.

I just want to note one or two things.

Do you remember where I started this discussion with you? If you've forgotten you may go back and check.

If you must use the Bible I think you have NO RIGHT to decide that a portion I use is not supposed to be in the Bible whilst the ones you use are ok. We MUST be ready to use ALL that is in the same Bible and not cherry-pick.

I'm sure many Christians reading your posts will laugh at the way you ATTEMPT to explain the passages you pick. You don't impose your opinion on a Bible passage. You seek out what that passage is saying.

Lastly, for now, I noticed you never responded to the questions I raised. Is that deliberate or are you still going to respond?
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LifestyleTonite: 8:08am On Apr 06, 2017
khalling2008:

Reply A base on Abraham;

Abraham was called out of his pagan family and people to start a new race which God used to blessed the world and redeem it. If you say Abraham was an Arab simply because of his pagan fathers, then you might as well say that the god he worshipped was Baal or Ashtoreth cos those were the gods his people were worshipping. That was so until God called him out

Genesis 12:1-3

1 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”

Abraham obeyed and God showed him a land which He promised to give to his offspring who are the Israelites. That was the beginning of the Jewish race.

Genesis 12:6-7

6 Abram traveled through the land as far as the site of the great tree of Moreh at Shechem. At that time the Canaanites were in the land.
7 The LORD appeared to Abram and said, “To your offspring I will give this land.” So he built an altar there to the LORD, who had appeared to him.

khalling2008:

You lack understanding. What is the meaning of the word "fulfill" used in the verse? Check the dictionary, you will find that it also means to bring to conclusion, to participate in it to bring to an end. Check the below link for more

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/fulfill

If Christ came to stamp the Law as a forever thing, then why did he stop the adulterous woman from getting stoned by the crowd who wanted the Law to take its course?

Why did he preached against "an eye for an eye" which the Law permits?

Once you understand that, you will realise that he lived under the law by obeying it fully. But he ended it by starting a new law of grace that preaches forgiveness and love of others. Not that he opened his mouth and pronounced the Law abolished. No, he simply sowed a new seed of forgiveness and love and with time that seed overshadowed the Law.

khalling2008:

God forbid abomination. Jesus never preached islam or terrorism.

He didn't pray in the manner of the prophets of whoever before him. He prayed "Our Father who art in heaven". If he preached islam, then why don't Muslims call God their father and well?

His avoidance of pork is him obeying the Law. But that was lifted when he resurrected, cos he showed Peter that nothing is unclean anymore before God. As for wine, you lied. He turned water to wine. Even islam says wine will flow in paradise alongside curvy 72 virgins grin

khalling2008:

You know nothing about the Bible. Paul did not write the book of Acts. So, he couldn't have coined the name Christianity. Mind you, the name is not what matters but the belief that Jesus is the Son of God and that he died on the cross to redeem mankind and rose from the dead on the third day. If you believe in the above, no matter what you call yourself, you will be his follower no matter the name you call yourself.
Re: Jesus Or Mohammad, Which Would You Rather Follow? by LifestyleTonite: 8:16am On Apr 06, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Lastly, for now, I noticed you never responded to the questions I raised. Is that deliberate or are you still going to respond?
Don't expect any answer from him, did he'll keep dodging. That's how he's been avoiding albagdhadi's questions cos he knows those questions show glaringly that YAHWEH is not the god Islam worships.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Did The Hebrew Women Deliver? / You Feel Someone Is Pressing You Down When You Sleep? This Is What Happens / Is The Bible Only For Believers ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.